Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The return of classic movement mechanics?

OP A So So Sniper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 224
  4. 225
  5. 226
  6. 227
  7. 228
  8. ...
  9. 266
It should disabled in multiplayer. Sprint slows down gameplay because since you can’t shoot so you try not to sprint meaning it will take longer to get in to a gunfight because the maps are made bigger to acommadate a higher player mobility, thus slowing down gameplay. It also disrupts halo’s golden formula since it prevents you from shooting and throwing grenades.
clamber makes the bigger map problem worse as the developers have make the maps to prevent players from glitching out of the map. It also disrupts halo’s golden formula since it prevents you from shooting, meleaing, and from throwing grenades.

(the grapple would also make the maps bigger if it weren’t for the fact that it’s a pickup in multiplayer.)
If anything, gameplay has been sped up. It isn't sprint alone that has done this but thrust too. In classic Halo you had time to predict, for example: the crazy sniper clips people would hit in Halo 3. It was all about prediction, not flying over to their spawns as fast as possible. In Halo 5, that is what you have to do. You can't hit clips while staying in the same section of the map anymore unless it is a rare case. Halo 5 has more to do with reaction than prediction.
i prefer the prediction based skill main focus.
If anything, gameplay has been sped up.
That is objectively false.
I have not only measured myself that there is twice as much downtime between encounters in post-Reach-games, but tournament matches take longer to finish with less kills being made.
This might or might not be caused by forcing weapons down for most of the new abilities, as well as the bloated maps, but the advanced movement at the very least hasn't counteracted this development.
It should disabled in multiplayer. Sprint slows down gameplay because since you can’t shoot so you try not to sprint meaning it will take longer to get in to a gunfight because the maps are made bigger to acommadate a higher player mobility, thus slowing down gameplay. It also disrupts halo’s golden formula since it prevents you from shooting and throwing grenades.
clamber makes the bigger map problem worse as the developers have make the maps to prevent players from glitching out of the map. It also disrupts halo’s golden formula since it prevents you from shooting, meleaing, and from throwing grenades.

(the grapple would also make the maps bigger if it weren’t for the fact that it’s a pickup in multiplayer.)
If anything, gameplay has been sped up. It isn't sprint alone that has done this but thrust too. In classic Halo you had time to predict, for example: the crazy sniper clips people would hit in Halo 3. It was all about prediction, not flying over to their spawns as fast as possible. In Halo 5, that is what you have to do. You can't hit clips while staying in the same section of the map anymore unless it is a rare case. Halo 5 has more to do with reaction than prediction.
i prefer the prediction based skill main focus.
I agree also a game being prediction based would help people with a slow reaction time, thus making halo more inclusive
Celestis wrote:
If anything, gameplay has been sped up.
That is objectively false.
I have not only measured myself that there is twice as much downtime between encounters in post-Reach-games, but tournament matches take longer to finish with less kills being made.
This might or might not be caused by forcing weapons down for most of the new abilities, as well as the bloated maps, but the advanced movement at the very least hasn't counteracted this development.
I stand corrected. I made the mistake of thinking the increased ttk and amount of time to get around the map sped up gameplay overall. If the maps were the same size it would have been a different story but they needed to be bigger in Halo 5 because of advanced movement.

This post has been hidden.

There should be a toggle option for sprint in Infinite's multiplayer. If it's on, your base speed is slower, but you can sprint to go quicker. If it's off, your base speed is increased to be equal to sprint.

Then sit back and watch as everyone toggles it off slowly realizing it takes power away from the player for nothing in return.
There should be a toggle option for sprint in Infinite's multiplayer. If it's on, your base speed is slower, but you can sprint to go quicker. If it's off, your base speed is increased to be equal to sprint.

Then sit back and watch as everyone toggles it off slowly realizing it takes power away from the player for nothing in return.
That a great idea
What people don't seem to realise is you can't balance maps around sprint if not every player has sprint. If maps are designed for normal speed, sprint breaks that. If they're designed for sprint, normal speed breaks that. And since the maps must get designed around sprint, this means when using it you have no power advantage. You don't get anywhere faster than normal, you can't do anything you wouldn't otherwise be able to do if sprint didn't exist. However it means you lose power because you can't shoot while sprinting, and if you don't have sprint you lose power because it takes you a lot longer to move around the map.

The pillar of Halo is that at any time player should be able to use weapons, grenades, and melee. This is why the game had such a unique run-and-gun playstyle, because you could fire while moving normally.

The net result is sprint adds nothing to the player, it only takes away, because if it didn't exist maps would be smaller and you'd move around them in the same time, all while being able to take full action.
no. for the love of god, keep it modern. keep sprint.
What about the compromise mentioned above? A toggle option, where if its toggled on, your base movement speed is lowered, but you can sprint. If its toggled off, you can't sprint, but your base movement speed raised to equal sprint.
Still don't understand why anyone likes sprint in any game tbh. As long as the base movement speed is properly tuned it gives you a lot more options and makes any game more fun to play. With that said I'm absolutely fine with thrusters as they are just quick bursts in any direction. The main thing I have an issue with is designing maps and gameplay around mechanics where you have to put your gun down because it just slows down the game too much. CLassic Bungie era halo was always about sandbox and being able to multi-task (ie shoot your gun while traversing the map) Clamber and sprint make it so you cant walk and chew gum at the same time essentially.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
What about the compromise mentioned above? A toggle option, where if its toggled on, your base movement speed is lowered, but you can sprint. If its toggled off, you can't sprint, but your base movement speed raised to equal sprint.
that idea has 1 big problem that make it more not a belance game more.
the players that have turn it off can walk fast and shoot the same time will players that have sprint turn on that cant and thats the problem why that idea is not helping much.
then you get that players that turn off sprint have a big advantage in the match's thats why i like the 343i idea more what there have showing in the campaign trailer more to make it more costmatic by redusce its effect then the idea from turn off and on idea since you get more what that idea a unbelance game match and then you get players give bad feedback about that option since its give then a big disadvantage for who has turn it on.
F16 HUNTER wrote:
I don't think that idea was supposed to be taken seriously, only used to make the point that everyone will voluntarily choose the non-sprint option once they discover its blatant advantage.
Why do you say that?
Spikanor wrote:
that idea has 1 big problem that make it more not a belance game more.
the players that have turn it off can walk fast and shoot the same time will players that have sprint turn on that cant and thats the problem why that idea is not helping much.
then you get that players that turn off sprint have a big advantage in the match's thats why i like the 343i idea more what there have showing in the campaign trailer more to make it more costmatic by redusce its effect then the idea from turn off and on idea since you get more what that idea a unbelance game match and then you get players give bad feedback about that option since its give then a big disadvantage for who has turn it on.
The point I'm making is that adding stumbling blocks to the movement of Halo is the opposite of player empowerment, and if the toggle I suggested were to be implemented, everyone would realize that pretty quickly.
I pass with the slow movement idea
Elaborate.
Elaborate.
Your point of view.
Elaborate.
Your point of view.
I mean your point of view. You add nothing to the discussion if all you say is that you disagree with me.
Elaborate.
Your point of view.
I mean your point of view. You add nothing to the discussion if all you say is that you disagree with me.
What more can i say? The classic movement mechanic is never coming back.
Elaborate.
Your point of view.
What more can i say? The classic movement mechanic is never coming back.
Hey, if Halo Infinite flops, could well happen.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 224
  4. 225
  5. 226
  6. 227
  7. 228
  8. ...
  9. 266