Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The return of classic movement mechanics?

OP A So So Sniper

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 163
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
the old movement but with sprinting, clamoring, and sliding. none of the thruster stuff
FireboyUltimega - Please refrain from posting multiple times in a row. You can hit the quote button on multiple posts to quote them all at once or edit your prior post to add to it.

Thanks!
the old movement but with sprinting,
the old movement
sprinting
You gotta pick a side, man. No on-the-fencers allowed.
You gotta pick a side, man. No on-the-fencers allowed.
well reach and 4 had sprinting, so I guess that is essentially what I'm talking about. well not exactly Reach, the fact that it was an ability that only lasted a few seconds made it really annoying to use. so Halo 4 movement?
What's relevant is the fact that modern Halo doesn't play ANYTHING like classic Halo, and that's not ok. I should be able to git gud at Halo 3, then jump into Halo 5 and still be gud (which obviously isn't the case).
That doesn't happen anywhere. Just because you're good at Halo CE doesn't mean you're automatically good at Halo 2.
Yes, but if you git gud at Halo CE, it won't take more than a game or two for most people to get adjusted. As opposed to changing from Halo CE to Halo 5, where it'll take WAY longer to adjust.
never had any problem with it, heck, I change play style all the time, no different than going and playing another game that plays nothing like halo. must be used to it I guess
I'm afraid to say it,but....if there fixing MCC now that means that there will be no classic gameplay in halo infinite. There fixing it so classic fans go to the past while the new halo goes forward.
When I say forward I mean mudslide down.

Halo MCC has forge ,later we get custom browser that's there way of saying "we don't want classic fans,sorry""
OxDaV wrote:
I'm afraid to say it,but....if there fixing MCC now that means that there will be no classic gameplay in halo infinite. There fixing it so classic fans go to the past while the new halo goes forward.

Halo MCC has forge ,later we get custom browser that's there way of saying "we don't want classic fans,sorry""
Or they might just, you know, be nice, and their work in MCC has nothing to do with their future plans. They already implemented the old art style, something classic fans have wanted, so there’s nothing stopping them from making the next step.

There are also still a couple of annoying glitches in Halo 5, so you could take that to mean, “We don’t care about modern fans, sorry.”
OxDaV wrote:

Or they might just, you know, be nice, and their work in MCC has nothing to do with their future plans. They already implemented the old art style, something classic fans have wanted, so there’s nothing stopping them from making the next step.

There are also still a couple of annoying glitches in Halo 5, so you could take that to mean, “We don’t care about modern fans, sorry.”
Your right, halo 5 freezes to much.
OxDaV wrote:

I seriously doubt that. It's pretty obvious that Halo 5 sold badly as Microsoft never revealed any sale figures. It's pretty obvious that Halo is a husk of its former self as it went from the number 1 most played game on XBL with Halo 3 for several years to Halo 5 which can barely keep within the top 20.

The only way for Halo to recover is to play it safe when means they should return to the original gameplay - no sprint, no spartan abilities etc, and reintroduce characters from the original trilogy like Arbiter and even Guilty Spark (he survived I think).
OxDaV wrote:

I seriously doubt that. It's pretty obvious that Halo 5 sold badly as Microsoft never revealed any sale figures. It's pretty obvious that Halo is a husk of its former self as it went from the number 1 most played game on XBL with Halo 3 for several years to Halo 5 which can barely keep within the top 20.

The only way for Halo to recover is to play it safe when means they should return to the original gameplay - no sprint, no spartan abilities etc, and reintroduce characters from the original trilogy like Arbiter and even Guilty Spark (he survived I think).
You’d be surprised how far they will double down.

Of all the ridiculous things happening in the story, how would Guilty Spark survive.
OxDaV wrote:

Of all the ridiculous things happening in the story, how would Guilty Spark survive.
I’m honestly curious as to how that happened. Can some lore nut explain how Spark survived, and how he was used in the story post-H3?
OxDaV wrote:

I’m honestly curious as to how that happened. Can some lore nut explain how Spark survived, and how he was used in the story post-H3?
Apparently, His "shell" or what was left of it went through the portal, and found by a UNSC ship in distant space and was promptly interrogated. The monitor downloaded all of the data on the ship, though his personality was even more fragmented than it was before, due to being spartan lasered. After the interrogation, the monitor somehow put the crew in hibernation and took control of the ship, in search of the Librarian I believe.
OxDaV wrote:

Apparently, His "shell" or what was left of it went through the portal, and found by a UNSC ship in distant space and was promptly interrogated. The monitor downloaded all of the data on the ship, though his personality was even more fragmented than it was before, due to being spartan lasered. After the interrogation, the monitor somehow put the crew in hibernation and took control of the ship, in search of the Librarian I believe.
I seriously hope they make him go to Zeta Halo. It would bring back classic vibes by reintroducing him. It would be even cooler if he was Chief's new AI.
OxDaV wrote:

I seriously hope they make him go to Zeta Halo. It would bring back classic vibes by reintroducing him. It would be even cooler if he was Chief's new AI.
Lol if Chief would trust him again, which I dont think he would. I know I wouldn't after being betrayed twice by the -Yoink-.
OxDaV wrote:

Well, that’s about as likely as Cortana falling through a portal which led to Genesis, where she became immortal. Fantastic storytelling.
I only liked the sprint mechanic and hover. Not much else.
OxDaV wrote:

Dear god, this is getting convoluted.

On classic movement, please explain how enhanced mobilty helps the game? Keep in mind maps are extended, weapons are changed, vehicles are useless, motion trackers aren’t very helpful anymore, aim assist has been upped considerably,... all because of sprint.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 163