Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The return of classic movement mechanics?

OP A So So Sniper

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 163
I am really glad that Favyn’s willing to highlight to his followers what I’ve been trying to say here for months- in that you can’t just shuffle around the game mechanics and shrink the maps and expect a quality product. [. . .] Bottom line IMO- Instead of undertaking such an extraordinary effort to force classic movement mechanics to work, 343i should focus on improving and enhancing the things that actually worked well in Halo 5, such as the advanced movement mechanics.
I would hope that this is a generally ackowledged fact people understand, but perhaps it's not since a video was made about it. But I wouldn't want you to believe that all supporters of classic Halo think that building a quality game is simple. But, I mean, designing good gamesis hard, and for Halo to become better, the things mentioned in the video would be worth pursuing regardless of what base mechanics 343i chooses the go with. Take level design for example. I'm a really big believer in the importance of level design. I believe that any game where level design is a meaningful concept always benefits from more attention to the level design, and that with few exceptions, games where level design hasn't had the necessary attention are generally mediocre. (Again, I'm only speaking of games where levels are complex enough that level design is not a trivial task.) I can't regard a Halo game as a "quality product" if it has the standard of level design that Halo 5 has. So, in my eyes, classic gameplay isn't much additional burden, since I believe that the things necessary to make it work have to happen anyway.

There's no forcing needed here. The things that make classic Halo work are just things that would make any game better, regardless of mechanics. It's just that once you don't have tons of fancy mechanics, you have nothing distracting the player from seeing how underdeveloped other parts of the game are.

You shouldn't take the message of this video as a reason for 343i to not try classic Halo, because you have other, better reasons to think so. The things talked about in it would benefit any player, regardless of what type of gameplay they want in Halo, and regardless of what type of gameplay they will get. Scoffing them off as too difficult to put effort on, and not embracing them as something to strive for is settling for the mediocre.
343I should use things that have worked well in the past (we all know what they are, so surely they should too) and that the majority of people have liked. You're never going to please everyone, so you have to go for the majority. In saying that,

The sprint animation isn't needed to give the feeling of speed at all, we all know this, I'm sorry but we do. There are countless games out there that do this and not just FPS either. Can the sprint animation do this? Yes, but it also causes a lot of other issues in halo (maybe not in other games as they are different) that ultimately changes how Halo feels and more importantly plays. Then, countless amounts of time (and money) is spent trying to figure out how to fix these issues that the sprint animation has brought. When in reality we already know the solution to it. Let's be honest here, since the sprint animation has come into Halo it has been the cause of so many other issues in the game and that people have had it's not even funny. Everything from map/level design, to weapon/grenade strengths, to how weapons should work, the melee system, and so on...it's a big trickle effect. It is to the biggest most debated things in Halo....but I still think as long as people don't feel "slow and sluggish" ultimately most people will not care if the sprint animation is in or not. The sprint animation doesn't sell games, the game being fun does.

Clamber I understand the problems with it, but feel it's impact could be minimal if any still if done right and that mainly will involve things like map design around it. If it becomes too difficult to do, then get rid of it.

ADS zooming should 100% go as it literally brings nothing to the game and practically no one asked for it. The old style system should come back but revamped graphically. It could look absolutely incredible all the while
distinguishing itself from other FPS.

Thrusters I'll admit I didn't like at first, but I think most people are like me and don't mind how they were implemented by 343I in Halo 5. I also think they could be a key component in the game in combination with things like equipment/AAs whatever you want in....speaking of which,

Things like Spartan charge, Ground pound etc should be AAs or equipment or something like this that are one time uses that can be used anytime. I feel like when you start the match your character should feel "basic" per se. You then go around the map to pick up items, weapons ect. (AAs, equipment whatever you want) to make your character more powerful. Doing this falls in line with a Arena gameplay I think. Power ups (like OS, Invis. Speed boost and new ones etc) should be used as soon as you get them like they always have been (love the fact 343I added that you can kill them before the Spartan puts it into their chest) Then there could be combinations with equipment and/or either with weapons and/or equipment with and/or even with power up and so on. If you want to go that route which I think is worth exploring. Like if you have speed boost and the equipment/AA (or whatever you want to call them) of Spartan charge, it makes Spartan charge become more powerful aka do more damage, sound familiar? Well it's not a bad idea I thought but most people hated it in Halo 5. Why? I think mainly because you can constantly Spartan charge... but if you can't constantly do it, I don't think people will hate it anywhere near as much, if at all. That can also be applied to AA's even back in Halo Reach / 4 days. You could do many different combinations here, use your imagination. I think people know what I'm getting at here, so I won't go into it futher. I'll gladly throw out some more ideas if people want though. I've heard some pretty good ones out there before.

I'm sure the majority would be ok with things like this because items are 1 time uses. Equipment in Halo 3 showed that majority of people were okay with 1 time use equipment. When Halo Reach first showed it had jetpacks at E3 (I remember it like it was yesterday), the majority of people were freaking out, as in loving the idea, But ultimately most people didn't like it because they were practically limitless. Things like Jetpacks weren't the problem though I think, it's how they were implemented that most people had a problem with and then ultimately they ended up hating things like AAs in general. Again, if the jetpack was a one-time use item I think it'd be a hell of a lot more accepted.

Again, just think of how many things you could make... combinations you could do with equipment/AAs all while keeping that Halo gameplay intacted. Honestly, it's pretty endless. Best part of all this.... Since these things are pick up items, they could be removed, disabled, turned off ect. very easily for MLG / HCS playlists if people want. Also, lot of this stuff and even more things could be used in modes like firefight (which should be a huge focus by the way in the next Halo game and there should definitely be a ODST style FF for sure!)

By doing this I feel 343I are now making a game that everything can be used (if people want) in every aspect of the game. Campaign, multiplayer, Forge, firefight and so forth. There is none of this debate of "Sprint should be in campaign maybe but not in multiplayer or vice a versa" or, "there should be a few playlists that don't use the sprint animation and/or Spartan abilities", or "armor abilities are great and should be brought back but how do you use them" and so on...it's all gone. I'm not saying there won't be any problems in the game as I'm sure there will be but I think there will be a heck of a lot less. I think doing this at your core is a pretty good compromise between old and new players and would fix a lot of issues that people have had with the last x amount of halo games.

I just know that something needs to be done with Halo and I think taking some of the better elements from the past and present games is the answer, especially from the past. Halo not very popular anymore, heck I've said to people "I'm playing Halo tonight" and they've asked me what is that game about... That's so sad... it's sales are way down compared to other Halo games and just in general, it's not very big in the competitive or mainstream scene which I know some of you say I don't care about that but here's the thing, you should care.... a lot!!! because ultimately those things leads to sales and if the game isn't selling, good bets are that game or franchise won't be around then much longer. That might sound crazy but it's true. One could easily make the case too that Halo isn't the face of Xbox anymore and that is a sad... SAD.... situation.

I hope Halo 6 is the best Halo game to date and puts it back into the spotlight again :) oh and, sorry for the long post, I tend to do this from time to time lol
I like sprint. People make too big of a deal about it. It's in Halo 4, 5, and even somewhat in Reach. It's bound to be in Halo 6. If 343 scraps sprint, then at least supplement us with the best Halo game possible or fast jogging speeds because Halo 3 felt so slow paced. 4v4 matches are fine because it was often in small maps but when it comes to big team battle and warzone... NO THANK YOU to no sprint lol.
Halo 1-3 all have the same player speed, the reason why Halo 3 felt so slow is because it has the lowest FOV of all the FPS Halos and decreased player acceleration. This is Halo 3 with 150 FOV, I know most will think this is to high and i agree, but it shows what increasing it over the default 70 FOV has to the feel of game pace.
That's sound very good. But it's only me or the hands of the char and gun looks so small?
tsassi wrote:
I am really glad that Favyn’s willing to highlight to his followers what I’ve been trying to say here for months- in that you can’t just shuffle around the game mechanics and shrink the maps and expect a quality product. [. . .] Bottom line IMO- Instead of undertaking such an extraordinary effort to force classic movement mechanics to work, 343i should focus on improving and enhancing the things that actually worked well in Halo 5, such as the advanced movement mechanics.
  • I would hope that this is a generally ackowledged fact people understand, but perhaps it's not since a video was made about it. But I wouldn't want you to believe that all supporters of classic Halo think that building a quality game is simple.
I definitely don’t think that all feel this way- your arguments have always been structured to show deeper thought than that. I will say that from my time spent in the discussion, it definitely appears to me that this is generally how many of those people feel. Maybe it’s something systemic to other social media outlets too because it must’ve been important enough for Favyn to address in his recent clip. I’m glad that he did because that part of his clip really struck a meaningful chord with me.
  • ...So, in my eyes, classic gameplay isn't much additional burden, since I believe that the things necessary to make it work have to happen anyway.
Yes we can both agree that it’s important for 343i to step up their level design for future MP maps. But Favyn really got into the nitty gritty beyond just better map design. Aside from creating more unique combat encounters and adding more creativity in the level design, the burden of innovation runs so much deeper if they choose to go with the vanilla classic movement mechanics. Innovative map design is not really something that 343i has had to focus on producing when they’ve chosen to stick with their unique advanced movement mechanics. Same goes for the innovative sand box design- the advanced movement mechanics have been able to compensate for things that 343i hasn’t been able to produce up to this point. There are more reasons that Favyn provided, but (for brevity’s sake) even based off those two factors why should we believe that they’re all of a sudden ready to drastically change their shortfalls in these categories with their third major installment to the franchise? We’ve got two case studies to go off of and the evidence speaks for itself- basic movement mechanics will just peel off this layer of success that 343i has been able to produce thus far.
  • There's no forcing needed here. The things that make classic Halo work are just things that would make any game better, regardless of mechanics.
I’m just agreeing with Favyn’s video here- the sheer amount of time, effort, and raw resources required for 343i to devote towards building the next installment around classic movement mechanics is simply staggering to consider. When compared to just taking what worked so well with the advanced movement mechanics that they created in Halo 5 to another, better level with the next installment- their chances at delivering a more successful sequel will be innately increased. To be clear- no matter what route they take I think we can both agree that they should focus on increasing their innovation in those areas we’ve discussed... IMO they’d benefit to do this better with their own advanced movement system; versus taking the enormous risk of bringing back vanilla classic movement (which would thereby force themselves to rely upon those (thus far) much weaker areas for 343i to carry them to success).
  • You shouldn't take the message of this video as a reason for 343i to not try classic Halo, because you have other, better reasons to think so. The things talked about in it would benefit any player, regardless of what type of gameplay they want in Halo, and regardless of what type of gameplay they will get.
I understand how you could pull something different than me out of his clip based upon your own feelings on the subject, but that’s still what I took out of it. To me Halo Infinite stands to be much so more successful if 343i continues down the path of what‘s worked for them so far.
I’m just agreeing with Favyn’s video here- the sheer amount of time, effort, and raw resources required for 343i to devote towards building the next installment around classic movement mechanics is simply staggering to consider. When compared to just taking what worked so well with the advanced movement mechanics that they created in Halo 5 to another, better level with the next installment- their chances at delivering a more successful sequel will be innately increased.
Each path has its difficulties and advantages. If it's success we're looking for, I don't believe either path is fundamentally better suited for it. With advanced movement, 343i has the advantage of familiarity. Assuming the people who built the Spartan Abilities and the maps for them still work there, they have some understanding of how it works, they've learned valuable lessons from Halo 5. With classic Halo, they obviously don't have that advantage because they've never built a classic Halo game, so it's somewhat of new ground for them. However, what they do have with classic Halo is a precedent. They have three highly successful, well designed games to learn from. Three examples of how to build, and iterate on, a classic Halo game. They have a beacon that can guide them not all the way, but at least half-way through. With advanced movement, they have none of that. They have a modestly successful Halo game with advanced movement. They have no examples of exceptionally successful games with advanced movement, because no game designed with that paradigm has met great success thus far.

Neither path is fundamentally easier for building a successful game. There's no easy road to success. They're just different paths with different challenges up ahead.
tsassi wrote:
I’m just agreeing with Favyn’s video here- the sheer amount of time, effort, and raw resources required for 343i to devote towards building the next installment around classic movement mechanics is simply staggering to consider. When compared to just taking what worked so well with the advanced movement mechanics that they created in Halo 5 to another, better level with the next installment- their chances at delivering a more successful sequel will be innately increased.
Each path has its difficulties and advantages. If it's success we're looking for, I don't believe either path is fundamentally better suited for it. With advanced movement, 343i has the advantage of familiarity. Assuming the people who built the Spartan Abilities and the maps for them still work there, they have some understanding of how it works, they've learned valuable lessons from Halo 5. With classic Halo, they obviously don't have that advantage because they've never built a classic Halo game, so it's somewhat of new ground for them. However, what they do have with classic Halo is a precedent. They have three highly successful, well designed games to learn from. Three examples of how to build, and iterate on, a classic Halo game. They have a beacon that can guide them not all the way, but at least half-way through. With advanced movement, they have none of that. They have a modestly successful Halo game with advanced movement. They have no examples of exceptionally successful games with advanced movement, because no game designed with that paradigm has met great success thus far.

Neither path is fundamentally easier for building a successful game. There's no easy road to success. They're just different paths with different challenges up ahead.
Sure, neither path is inherently easy. Creating a successful game definitely runs deeper than movement mechanics, albeit this element is indeed a building block to a successful game.

One major hurdle that past precendence can’t provide would be improving their ability to innovate. 343i has thus far been comprehensively iterative when designing Halo titles, to include: the sand box design, map design, AI combat, etc which, as Favyn’s many examples elaborate upon, just having improvements in those departments wouldn’t create a successful modern “classic,” Halo experience. These same improvements that we’ve been discussing (and both want in the next Halo title), however, would indeed be able to enhance the experience using their familiarity of the advanced movement mechanics that they created. If 343i reverts back to classic movement mechanics then they must be able to produce innovation in all these categories we are discussing (which they haven’t done with two Halo titles already) in order to build the game around classic movement mechanics.
Innovating in terms of new and exciting map designs, unique weapons, and community features isn't some unique hurdle to classic Halo, it should be par for the course no matter what path the gameplay takes.

If 343 is categorically unable to produce a new classic Halo game with the basics one would expect from a new entry in a franchise they have no business trying to make Halo games in the first place. I cannot fathom why some of you think that because the burden of creativity and innovation is different that somehow makes developing a classic Halo untenable. What you are basically saying is that you think 343 is too incompetent to develop a Halo game. What a ringing endorsement of a developer and their vision.

Putting that aside, all those basics are something 343 has struggled with doing what they are doing now. Any "innovations" they have come at a cost elsewhere. Oh good, we got Warzone and breakout, so where is BTB, oddball, Forge? Oh right...... post launch. "Well they innovated with the movement mechanics" isn't an excuse. Without the aforementioned basics, its all little more than change for the sake of change. When you have to cut previous features from launch in order to focus on your new ones, you don't end up with net additions. You don't end up moving forward, just sideways.
WerepyreND wrote:
Innovating in terms of new and exciting map designs, unique weapons, and community features isn't some unique hurdle to classic Halo, it should be par for the course no matter what path the gameplay takes.

If 343 is categorically unable to produce a new classic Halo game with the basics one would expect from a new entry in a franchise they have no business trying to make Halo games in the first place. I cannot fathom why some of you think that because the burden of creativity and innovation is different that somehow makes developing a classic Halo untenable. What you are basically saying is that you think 343 is too incompetent to develop a Halo game. What a ringing endorsement of a developer and their vision.

Putting that aside, all those basics are something 343 has struggled with doing what they are doing now. Any "innovations" they have come at a cost elsewhere. Oh good, we got Warzone and breakout, so where is BTB, oddball, Forge? Oh right...... post launch. "Well they innovated with the movement mechanics" isn't an excuse. Without the aforementioned basics, its all little more than change for the sake of change. When you have to cut previous features from launch in order to focus on your new ones, you don't end up with net additions. You don't end up moving forward, just sideways.
Very true, as a game company developing Halo they need to have the franchise staples in pre-launch. That’d be the best way for it just keeping the community alive, but making a great halo game in general. This includes the basic mechanics of Halo.
WerepyreND wrote:
Innovating in terms of new and exciting map designs, unique weapons, and community features isn't some unique hurdle to classic Halo, it should be par for the course no matter what path the gameplay takes.

If 343 is categorically unable to produce a new classic Halo game with the basics one would expect from a new entry in a franchise they have no business trying to make Halo games in the first place. I cannot fathom why some of you think that because the burden of creativity and innovation is different that somehow makes developing a classic Halo untenable. What you are basically saying is that you think 343 is too incompetent to develop a Halo game. What a ringing endorsement of a developer and their vision.

Putting that aside, all those basics are something 343 has struggled with doing what they are doing now. Any "innovations" they have come at a cost elsewhere. Oh good, we got Warzone and breakout, so where is BTB, oddball, Forge? Oh right...... post launch. "Well they innovated with the movement mechanics" isn't an excuse. Without the aforementioned basics, its all little more than change for the sake of change. When you have to cut previous features from launch in order to focus on your new ones, you don't end up with net additions. You don't end up moving forward, just sideways.
Yes. I've made posts before that touch on the innovation aspect and how all the new movement mechanics affect it. Modern Halo gameplay almost feels pre-programmed to me... I've gone so far as to call it the closest thing I've seen to a button masher that a FPS can get. The core mechanics are still there, but they feel buried in a layer of fluff movement mechanics that add more to the complexity for complexity's sake than they do for the depth.

The OG Halo titles (CE - 3 and to some extent, Reach) placed certain demands upon the player. Planning, positioning, critical thinking, movement, and encounter management were (as with nearly all FPS) crucial. "But wait a minute, Blue! H5 does that too!" I can already hear people saying. Well yes, it does... but the OG titles demanded that your planning, critical thinking in regards to adapting to changing battle conditions and especially (IMO) encounter management had to be in hyperdrive.

I'm not really sure if this is how to put it... but... with the OG Halo games, when you committed to an encounter, you committed to a course of action that demanded you to think, move, react, adapt and adjust as that encounter progressed. And the "limitations", as so many would call it, of only having weapons, grenades and melee, coupled with your movement ability actually forced the innovation to happen with each player. Modern Halo titles still make those demands, but the encounters (to me) always felt less satisfying. They feel like committing to a series of fancy, button press moves that show off innovation on the dev's side, as opposed to committing to a series of clever, made as the situation demands movements that show off the innovation of the player.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. It would be pretty jarring to go from all of the stuff in Halo 5 to how it used to be, which is unfortunate, in my opinion. As much as I want classic game-play, I doubt 343 can actually go back on it, without half of the fan base flipping out at them, except not the classic fans this time.
If it's more kin to H2A (modern classic) I could see it working since that was 343i first try doing a "classic" style gameplay. But knowing how some parts of the halo community acts if Halo infinite played like H2A they would get pissed. Why? Because some parts of the community thinks Halo 3 gameplay is the only way to classic halo to play. Personally I like H2A over halo 3 just because I find H2A more enjoyable. I like H3 but when 95% of players pick it in MCC I'm forced to play it and not get better since i'm forced to play h3. Overall I'm fine with H5G gameplay if 343i turn it down a bit, but I would like HI to be like H2A if they go classic.

(I don't hate halo 3 the game just its gameplay)
Really hope Halo Infinite will have the OG movement system
I wouldn't get my hopes up. It would be pretty jarring to go from all of the stuff in Halo 5 to how it used to be, which is unfortunate, in my opinion. As much as I want classic game-play, I doubt 343 can actually go back on it, without half of the fan base flipping out at them, except not the classic fans this time.
Half might...1/3 might... Next to no one might, they won't know unless they try. Who knows how many more players might come back too because they did do that. It goes both ways and I'd argue that 343I would gain more then they would loose by a country mile.

TECH PON3 wrote:
If it's more kin to H2A (modern classic) I could see it working since that was 343i first try doing a "classic" style gameplay. But knowing how some parts of the halo community acts if Halo infinite played like H2A they would get pissed. Why? Because some parts of the community thinks Halo 3 gameplay is the only way to classic halo to play. Personally I like H2A over halo 3 just because I find H2A more enjoyable. I like H3 but when 95% of players pick it in MCC I'm forced to play it and not get better since i'm forced to play h3. Overall I'm fine with H5G gameplay if 343i turn it down a bit, but I would like HI to be like H2A if they go classic.

(I don't hate halo 3 the game just its gameplay)
Bold - I must say, I massively disagree here. I think if 343 did this most of the community would be praising them!!! Most Halo 3 fans are fans of H2A, heck I don't know a single person that isn't. Again if H6 is like H2A, I think most fans would be loving it!
Hopefully no spartan charge
TECH PON3 wrote:
If it's more kin to H2A (modern classic) I could see it working since that was 343i first try doing a "classic" style gameplay. But knowing how some parts of the halo community acts if Halo infinite played like H2A they would get pissed. Why? Because some parts of the community thinks Halo 3 gameplay is the only way to classic halo to play. Personally I like H2A over halo 3 just because I find H2A more enjoyable. I like H3 but when 95% of players pick it in MCC I'm forced to play it and not get better since i'm forced to play h3. Overall I'm fine with H5G gameplay if 343i turn it down a bit, but I would like HI to be like H2A if they go classic.

(I don't hate halo 3 the game just its gameplay)
First try? It was nothing but remastering something that was already made for them, I wouldn't count the very few things they did choose to change.

As for outrage on 343 making the attempt, it's damned if you do damned if you don't. The case can be made for them going classic or sticking to modern, there's no pleasing everyone, it's not something in their control.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. It would be pretty jarring to go from all of the stuff in Halo 5 to how it used to be, which is unfortunate, in my opinion. As much as I want classic game-play, I doubt 343 can actually go back on it, without half of the fan base flipping out at them, except not the classic fans this time.
Half might...1/3 might... Next to no one might, they won't know unless they try. Who knows how many more players might come back too because they did do that. It goes both ways and I'd argue that 343I would gain more then they would loose by a country mile.

TECH PON3 wrote:
If it's more kin to H2A (modern classic) I could see it working since that was 343i first try doing a "classic" style gameplay. But knowing how some parts of the halo community acts if Halo infinite played like H2A they would get pissed. Why? Because some parts of the community thinks Halo 3 gameplay is the only way to classic halo to play. Personally I like H2A over halo 3 just because I find H2A more enjoyable. I like H3 but when 95% of players pick it in MCC I'm forced to play it and not get better since i'm forced to play h3. Overall I'm fine with H5G gameplay if 343i turn it down a bit, but I would like HI to be like H2A if they go classic.

(I don't hate halo 3 the game just its gameplay)
Bold - I must say, I massively disagree here. I think if 343 did this most of the community would be praising them!!! Most Halo 3 fans are fans of H2A, heck I don't know a single person that isn't. Again if H6 is like H2A, I think most fans would be loving it!
I agree with you now. You're right, they would gain much more than they would lose.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. It would be pretty jarring to go from all of the stuff in Halo 5 to how it used to be, which is unfortunate, in my opinion. As much as I want classic game-play, I doubt 343 can actually go back on it, without half of the fan base flipping out at them, except not the classic fans this time.
Half might...1/3 might... Next to no one might, they won't know unless they try. Who knows how many more players might come back too because they did do that. It goes both ways and I'd argue that 343I would gain more then they would loose by a country mile.

TECH PON3 wrote:
If it's more kin to H2A (modern classic) I could see it working since that was 343i first try doing a "classic" style gameplay. But knowing how some parts of the halo community acts if Halo infinite played like H2A they would get pissed. Why? Because some parts of the community thinks Halo 3 gameplay is the only way to classic halo to play. Personally I like H2A over halo 3 just because I find H2A more enjoyable. I like H3 but when 95% of players pick it in MCC I'm forced to play it and not get better since i'm forced to play h3. Overall I'm fine with H5G gameplay if 343i turn it down a bit, but I would like HI to be like H2A if they go classic.

(I don't hate halo 3 the game just its gameplay)
Bold - I must say, I massively disagree here. I think if 343 did this most of the community would be praising them!!! Most Halo 3 fans are fans of H2A, heck I don't know a single person that isn't. Again if H6 is like H2A, I think most fans would be loving it!
I agree with you now. You're right, they would gain much more than they would lose.
Plus they've been honestly outright NEGLECTING classic fans (excluding MCC, which doesn't count because they're pre-made games) for almost a decade now... I mean can't we get SOMETHING by now!?
Plus they've been honestly outright NEGLECTING classic fans (excluding MCC, which doesn't count because they're pre-made games) for almost a decade now... I mean can't we get SOMETHING by now!?
Best we'd get would be a spin-off game, but I'd take it.
I wouldn't get my hopes up. It would be pretty jarring to go from all of the stuff in Halo 5 to how it used to be, which is unfortunate, in my opinion. As much as I want classic game-play, I doubt 343 can actually go back on it, without half of the fan base flipping out at them, except not the classic fans this time.
Half might...1/3 might... Next to no one might, they won't know unless they try. Who knows how many more players might come back too because they did do that. It goes both ways and I'd argue that 343I would gain more then they would loose by a country mile.

TECH PON3 wrote:
If it's more kin to H2A (modern classic) I could see it working since that was 343i first try doing a "classic" style gameplay. But knowing how some parts of the halo community acts if Halo infinite played like H2A they would get pissed. Why? Because some parts of the community thinks Halo 3 gameplay is the only way to classic halo to play. Personally I like H2A over halo 3 just because I find H2A more enjoyable. I like H3 but when 95% of players pick it in MCC I'm forced to play it and not get better since i'm forced to play h3. Overall I'm fine with H5G gameplay if 343i turn it down a bit, but I would like HI to be like H2A if they go classic.

(I don't hate halo 3 the game just its gameplay)
Bold - I must say, I massively disagree here. I think if 343 did this most of the community would be praising them!!! Most Halo 3 fans are fans of H2A, heck I don't know a single person that isn't. Again if H6 is like H2A, I think most fans would be loving it!
I agree with you now. You're right, they would gain much more than they would lose.
Plus they've been honestly outright NEGLECTING classic fans (excluding MCC, which doesn't count because they're pre-made games) for almost a decade now... I mean can't we get SOMETHING by now!?
How does MCC not count? You can't get better H3 gameplay than from the game itself. What does the community gain if 343i makes a "new" game that plays exactly like a game they already offer?
I wouldn't get my hopes up. It would be pretty jarring to go from all of the stuff in Halo 5 to how it used to be, which is unfortunate, in my opinion. As much as I want classic game-play, I doubt 343 can actually go back on it, without half of the fan base flipping out at them, except not the classic fans this time.
Half might...1/3 might... Next to no one might, they won't know unless they try. Who knows how many more players might come back too because they did do that. It goes both ways and I'd argue that 343I would gain more then they would loose by a country mile.

TECH PON3 wrote:
If it's more kin to H2A (modern classic) I could see it working since that was 343i first try doing a "classic" style gameplay. But knowing how some parts of the halo community acts if Halo infinite played like H2A they would get pissed. Why? Because some parts of the community thinks Halo 3 gameplay is the only way to classic halo to play. Personally I like H2A over halo 3 just because I find H2A more enjoyable. I like H3 but when 95% of players pick it in MCC I'm forced to play it and not get better since i'm forced to play h3. Overall I'm fine with H5G gameplay if 343i turn it down a bit, but I would like HI to be like H2A if they go classic.

(I don't hate halo 3 the game just its gameplay)
Bold - I must say, I massively disagree here. I think if 343 did this most of the community would be praising them!!! Most Halo 3 fans are fans of H2A, heck I don't know a single person that isn't. Again if H6 is like H2A, I think most fans would be loving it!
I agree with you now. You're right, they would gain much more than they would lose.
Plus they've been honestly outright NEGLECTING classic fans (excluding MCC, which doesn't count because they're pre-made games) for almost a decade now... I mean can't we get SOMETHING by now!?
How does MCC not count? You can't get better H3 gameplay than from the game itself. What does the community gain if 343i makes a "new" game that plays exactly like a game they already offer?
Who said a classic game would be the exact same game as Halo 3?

That's no different than saying whatever modern game 343i puts out next would play exactly like Halo 4.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 41
  4. 42
  5. 43
  6. 44
  7. 45
  8. ...
  9. 163