Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The return of Health Bar?

OP AlibutOne

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I was playing Halo Combat Evolved this week and I think healh and shield bar was fantastic and harcore. 343i will bring back to Halo Infinite?
AlibutOne wrote:
I was playing Halo Combat Evolved this week and I think healh and shield bar was fantastic and harcore. 343i will bring back to Halo Infinite?
I doubt it, not to mention the majority of the Halo community is against it. Personally I would like it though! It's one more reason to move around the map and if placed in open area the health pack zone wouldn't be a reason for camping like it was in Reach sometimes.
AlibutOne wrote:
I was playing Halo Combat Evolved this week and I think healh and shield bar was fantastic and harcore. 343i will bring back to Halo Infinite?
I doubt it, not to mention the majority of the Halo community is against it. Personally I would like it though! It's one more reason to move around the map and if placed in open area the health pack zone wouldn't be a reason for camping like it was in Reach sometimes.
It's very more efficient and pratical. It would be more easy to make combos than Halo 5, where eveyones can regen their health after a fight. It's so difficult to make a combo when everyone is flying and their health completely. It will be more exciting and easy to make combo on a multiplayer to skilled players. Imagine when you defeat one enemy, and after killed already linked in other, but you can depleat only his shield and will be more easy to kill with a low health bar. It's more enjoyable because no one's can play like immortal, and will be easy to recover your points after death. The gameplay would be more just than Halo 5, where everyones can flee away and back already toe-to-toe to kill you again.
Yes! I'd like to see them return to a mixed system.
I doubt it, not to mention the majority of the Halo community is against it.
Source?
I would love the health bar back, also i havent heard about anyone disliking the health bar. Maybe one guy or some casual whispers, but no big push back against the idea of a health bar.
I hope not. It doesn't play well competitively in my opinion
Halo 5 has a health bar, but if you mean one that doesn't recharge, I'm not sure if it really makes a difference to the overall level of fun. All it seems it would do is complicate things for level designers when they could be focusing on other more important aspects of the game. Besides, from a canonical perspective, it makes zero sense for MJOLNIR to revert back to old technology.
health bar would be nice, anythings better than halo 5's excuse for a health bar which is basically just a second shield
health bar would be nice, anythings better than halo 5's excuse for a health bar which is basically just a second shield
Halo 5's health bar doesn't act as a second shield, it's just a display of how much health you have, and is still adopting the Halo 2/3 shield/health system. The only difference between those Halo games and Halo 5 is that you can actually visually see how much more damage you can take with your shields down before dying.
Halo 5 has a health bar, but if you mean one that doesn't recharge, I'm not sure if it really makes a difference to the overall level of fun. All it seems it would do is complicate things for level designers when they could be focusing on other more important aspects of the game. Besides, from a canonical perspective, it makes zero sense for MJOLNIR to revert back to old technology.
Sorry, I forget to mention it on the title.
Yes, limited health and health package.
I hope not. It doesn't play well competitively.
Care to elaborate?
I hope not. It doesn't play well competitively.
I’d love it in the campaign but not for multiplayer.
Yes! I'd like to see them return to a mixed system.
I doubt it, not to mention the majority of the Halo community is against it.
Source?
Waypoint and YT section. Every time a "let's put back the health bar" comment is brought up half the world seems to point why it is useless, makes things just more complicated, how Halo works better without it for some reason and bla bla bla...
I don't see any reason why we can't keep the bar ala Halo 5 with regenerating health.

That being said, health should regen at a drastically slower rate than shields. Taking health damage should matter for longer than a normal recharge. While we are at it lets increase health hitpoints to be on par with shields so said health bar doesn't tell lies anymore.
AlibutOne wrote:
I was playing Halo Combat Evolved this week and I think healh and shield bar was fantastic and harcore. 343i will bring back to Halo Infinite?
I've suggested going back to health, health packs and rechargable health all in one.

Simply put, health packs are stored, and are gradually used to recharge health. Once a health pack is depleted from your inventory, you can't recharge health untill you pick up another health pack. That's a short bad explanation.

Halo 5 has a health bar, but if you mean one that doesn't recharge, I'm not sure if it really makes a difference to the overall level of fun. All it seems it would do is complicate things for level designers when they could be focusing on other more important aspects of the game. Besides, from a canonical perspective, it makes zero sense for MJOLNIR to revert back to old technology.
As far as level design goes, a health pack is an item, like power ups and weapons. Bad map placement for health packs in previous titles is no indication that newer titles also would have bad placement of them.

Myes, canon stuff considered now when we have no clue of the events which have happened between Halo 5 and infinite, not to mention Reach's health recharge and Halo CE, or Dual Wielding and ADS usage now as opposed to gun cameras in previous titles, as someone may be along to point out.
Yes! I'd like to see them return to a mixed system.
I doubt it, not to mention the majority of the Halo community is against it.
Source?
Waypoint and YT section. Every time a "let's put back the health bar" comment is brought up half the world seems to point why it is useless, makes things just more complicated, how Halo works better without it for some reason and bla bla bla...
To be realistic, even if only 10% of people oppose an idea, when you say it you will hear from that 10%. It might be that most people actually do oppose bringing back health, but the reality is that the amount of negative YouTube and forum comments in response to that idea won't tell you the truth.

With that said, I've personally never even run into any strong opposition to health. Back in Reach, if there were complaints about it, there weren't enough for me to register them as something significant (unlike, say, bloom, armor abilities, or the vehicles). Over the years, whenever it has been brought up here on Waypoint, the response has been mixed much like in this thread with some people against, and others in favor.
tsassi wrote:
Yes! I'd like to see them return to a mixed system.
I doubt it, not to mention the majority of the Halo community is against it.
Source?
Waypoint and YT section. Every time a "let's put back the health bar" comment is brought up half the world seems to point why it is useless, makes things just more complicated, how Halo works better without it for some reason and bla bla bla...
To be realistic, even if only 10% of people oppose an idea, when you say it you will hear from that 10%. It might be that most people actually do oppose bringing back health, but the reality is that the amount of negative YouTube and forum comments in response to that idea won't tell you the truth.

With that said, I've personally never even run into any strong opposition to health. Back in Reach, if there were complaints about it, there weren't enough for me to register them as something significant (unlike, say, bloom, armor abilities, or the vehicles). Over the years, whenever it has been brought up here on Waypoint, the response has been mixed much like in this thread with some people against, and others in favor.
Funnily enogh when Reach was still relevant I got the opposite effect, people I feel were more for than against it. But of course you're right. There is no official percentage or statistic about it, so I can only go of from personal discussions and experiences.☺

However, I don't believe the "minority with a negative opinion is always loud" argument either. Sure, it's true on a general level, but fans talking to other fans? Or at least people passionate enough to write daily on forums and channels (if not even work in this environment) don't necessarily get the same kind of eco-chamber. Positive aspects about the Halo series here get brought up as well with both for and counter arguments, often discussed in detail as well. Therefore, at least among us fans, I don't see the validity of the loud 10% argument.
However, I don't believe the "minority with a negative opinion is always loud" argument either. Sure, it's true on a general level, but fans talking to other fans? Or at least people passionate enough to write daily on forums and channels (if not even work in this environment) don't necessarily get the same kind of eco-chamber. Positive aspects about the Halo series here get brought up as well with both for and counter arguments, often discussed in detail as well. Therefore, at least among us fans, I don't see the validity of the loud 10% argument.
The more passionate someone is about a topic, the more likely they are to comment on it, and people generally tend to be more passionate about things they dislike than things they like. It has nothing to do with environments or echo chambers.

A concrete example of this right here on Waypoint is the sprint discussion thread in the Halo 5 section. I made a post analyzing the discussion a while ago. If you look at the distribution of posts, you'll find that about 62% of all posts in the thread are from 100 users (out of total of 2133) at the time, and of those 100 users 63% had made clear statements against sprint and 27% were clearly in favor. However, when you look at all the 2133 people who commented on the thread, the situation flips and only 20% made clear statements against sprint while 57% were clearly in favor (and the reminder I could not determine). The data here shows exactly what I said: in the population of Halo 5 forum users 1) the more passoinate users are far more likely to comment and 2) the population of the 100 most passionate users is biased towards the negative opinion.

The above suggests that the principle is as applicable on Waypoint as it is anywhere. I'm quite confident that if the same was repeated in other popular threads, they would support the same conclusion.
I don't doubt it for a second! ☺ You made a statistic based on the number of post first and than about the people being in favor or against it. The second data is the important one though - the users behind those posts. I also was talking abouts circles of gamer friends, but I admit that is beyond subjectiv and doesn't add much to the discussion.

With your example from the 2133 users of the H5 sprint tread only 20% is against it, and from what I can tell the situation is similar with health bars. I see a discussion with ca. fifteen users, three defend it, two don't care and the rest is clearly against it. New tread, new people, similar numbers. MondoXbox during the H4 era before the game released - almost 100 Italian users, the clear majority is happy about health bar being removed (sadly for me, personally I enjoyed the health system in Reach), even though people for it posted a lot more, same goes for sprint btw and so on. But I'm talking people percentages here, not post counts. For instance here on YT or Twitch with huge numbers of users having the same people repeating the same point has a much bigger impact than here on Waypoint imho. At least as long you're following the tread from the first page onward. Even if the negative aspects of a topic might be more prevalent still, you also see the tags writing the arguments. You can see how tot users share an opinion even if they post or write less. On the H5 forum more than a year back for example I never had the feeling the majority was against sprint!

Not that it matters anyway, the user bases are too small to have a clear picture about real preferences overall. It's still interesting to know, I would love to see a similar statistic about the Hi sprint discussion for instance! But at the end of the day it only gives you data about the userbase and everything else is just a proposition based on what we think is true. 🙃
tsassi wrote:
I hope not. It doesn't play well competitively.
Care to elaborate?
Because after 1 encounter where you barely beat an opponent, you are then at a disadvantage until you find a health pack. You are more likely to lose engagements with similarly skilled players when it would otherwise be an even fight
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3