Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

The skull system

OP KingxOfxLaughs

Ok guys and gals lol what if I'm halo infinite 343 have skulls affect not just difficulty but the way we play. Think about it what if their was a skull that gives more damage to alien weaponry but less damage with human weaponry? Or how about a skull that when played in coop gives a boost to health Shields and movement speed but when one player goes down the living player takes a negative to health, Shields and movement speed? I like a call it a GIVE AND TAKE? Just extra things to make the game play different and add more replayability. Lastly I would absolutely love it if halo 6 returned to the health system present in halo 1. I'm tired of the hide behind a rock to get your health back system it's cheap and having a health system forces players to play smart especially on high difficulties.
Skulls I want
  • Who can forget those jackal snipers from H2 on Legendary difficulty. Those headshots have been taken out but I think it would make a great difficulty skull. Okay it won't be 100% headshots on easy through heroic but it should increase the amount of headshots by jackals and elites with precision ranged weapons.
  • So the last level on Halo Reach, the Last Stand which is just endless firefight. The one thing it did do was have broken visors that would be nice if I could have that effect in other levels just to add in the tension and immersion, making you feel hurt when you take critical damage. So how about it 343, how about a broken visor skull, and I am not talking about malfunction, I want to see cracks In the glass.
That would be good to have I agree.
Ok guys and gals lol what if I'm halo infinite 343 have skulls affect not just difficulty but the way we play. Think about it what if their was a skull that gives more damage to alien weaponry but less damage with human weaponry? Or how about a skull that when played in coop gives a boost to health Shields and movement speed but when one player goes down the living player takes a negative to health, Shields and movement speed? I like a call it a GIVE AND TAKE? Just extra things to make the game play different and add more replayability. Lastly I would absolutely love it if halo 6 returned to the health system present in halo 1. I'm tired of the hide behind a rock to get your health back system it's cheap and having a health system forces players to play smart especially on high difficulties.
Your first proposal is largely covered by Tilt skull. Having both skulls on at the same time would not mix well, I think.

As for your second proposal, I think it should start off detrimental, perhaps randomized (slowed health/shield regen speed, hud elements gradually fading away, etc.), but have an advantageous effect when 1 player goes down (i.e. surviving player receives temporary 2x damage boost, faster movement, reload speed, etc., but not an overshield which would cheapen the experience), this would represent a Spartan being galvanized by the death of a comrade. Call it an Avenger skull. On the other hand, this modified skull could encourage the practice of deliberate team kills, although even this could be used for a strategic purpose.

Personally I'd like to see the whole skull system revamped. There should be a set of skulls for scoring/speedrunning/SLASO and a set of skulls for fun (the classic four fun skulls Blind, Cowbell, IWHBYD, GBD could be available for both sets). The latter could be turned on/off at any moment in the game, without impacting the score (although I'm not so sure how it'd work with Cowbell considering how much of a game changer that one is). What I hated about H3/ODST/Reach/4/CEA was that I had to start the whole mission over if I wanted to turn a skull off. There are situations where certain skulls need to be turned on for the best possible combat experience, but interfere with the setup (i.e. in H3, Thunderstorm upgraded the survivability of Brutes and Elites, but at the cost of Brutes never dropping DCs).

In H2, you could just exit to the dashboard and the skulls would be turned off. It's unlikely that the perma camo glitch would return unless they brought back Envy.

On The Arbiter, most Heretics will follow you down to the last room (where you see the Heretic leader depart) if given the time (you have to go into hiding and abuse the hell out of camo to avoid dying. See this pastebin: https://pastebin.com/qTV6vs1M).
Normally they're not very dangerous even in sheer numbers, but you could turn on Assassins, Whuppotomaus, Catch, etc. to change all that. But it'd be near impossible to set up this scenario if those skulls had been turned on from the onset.

Skulls I want
  • Who can forget those jackal snipers from H2 on Legendary difficulty. Those headshots have been taken out but I think it would make a great difficulty skull. Okay it won't be 100% headshots on easy through heroic but it should increase the amount of headshots by jackals and elites with precision ranged weapons.
  • So the last level on Halo Reach, the Last Stand which is just endless firefight. The one thing it did do was have broken visors that would be nice if I could have that effect in other levels just to add in the tension and immersion, making you feel hurt when you take critical damage. So how about it 343, how about a broken visor skull, and I am not talking about malfunction, I want to see cracks In the glass.
1. The Elite Zealot snipers easter egg on Requiem was horribly executed imo. Deployed on a wide open space, but scarcely any cover. But if you were cautious enough, they could easily be dispatched with little to no difficulty. They mostly stood in place rather than patrolling the area. Besides, we already have the Promethean sniper which is iirc insta kill no matter where it hits.
2. Agreed about a gradually deteriorating visor skull. It could also affect the actual hud elements (motion radar, shield bar).
If you find all the skulls, Theb you should unlock rewards like more armor, halo 5 didn't do well with it. They are one of the reasons why we replay halo campaigns.
Lastly I would absolutely love it if halo 6 returned to the health system present in halo 1. I'm tired of the hide behind a rock to get your health back system it's cheap and having a health system forces players to play smart especially on high difficulties.
I'm cool with the health system for campaign , but it is horrible as a multiplayer concept. See it in Reach frequently , find favorite map weapon , run to the health spawn. it sucks to be the guy without it , because he knows he has a slim to 0 chance of winning , and sucks for the guy with it , because he has slim to 0 chance of losing and the fight is not a challenge. Not only this but they ruin map flow by encouraging camping the health spawn.

Just my opinion on the subject.

As for Skulls , I don't really use them unless messing around with friends in fire fight. We campaign solo and once we are done it's all multiplayer.