Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Theory about Cortana in Halo Infinite

OP N1K Leonhart

Cortana in Infinite is likely gonna be main character again.Chief will likely collect good fragments of Cortana through the game and then good Cortana will defeat evil Cortana.When you think about it Halo games are more about Cortana than Master Chief.
The
Cortana in Infinite is likely gonna be main character again.Chief will likely collect good fragments of Cortana through the game and then good Cortana will defeat evil Cortana.When you think about it Halo games are more about Cortana than Master Chief.
This only really true for Halo 4. In H:CE-H3, she was an important actor in the story, but the limelight was still squarely on the Chief. In Halo 5, finding her is a driving force, but Cortana herself doesn't really do much until the latter half of the story.

Aside from fragmentation, another potential story beat we could get is that the "good" Cortana isn't our Cortana at all, but a new model made by Halsey. Either way, the trailer easter egg all but guarantees that we will see two Cortanas as part of the story. I'd honestly prefer it if 343 bring back the Didact as the main antagonist of the series, but we are unlikely to see that happen before the whole Created business gets resolved.
The
This only really true for Halo 4. In H:CE-H3, she was an important actor in the story, but the limelight was still squarely on the Chief. In Halo 5, finding her is a driving force, but Cortana herself doesn't really do much until the latter half of the story.

Aside from fragmentation, another potential story beat we could get is that the "good" Cortana isn't our Cortana at all, but a new model made by Halsey. Either way, the trailer easter egg all but guarantees that we will see two Cortanas as part of the story. I'd honestly prefer it if 343 bring back the Didact as the main antagonist of the series, but we are unlikely to see that happen before the whole Created business gets resolved.
Even in Halo Reach the main objective is to deliver Cortana to Pillar of Autumn.
I’m kinda hoping for no complicated 2 cortana solution unless it’s defeating the evil one and Halsey cloning her brain and making a new cortana all together.

I kinda want a cortana VS Isabel situation tho
Well, Cortana knowingly allowed a lot of people to die when she awoke the Guardians so I don't know that any version of her will be redeemable in HIGHCOM's eyes. In fact, she may have severed our trust and reliance on AI's forever since so many AI's defected.

I just can't see this ending with Chief and Cortana back together. Maybe Chief will team up with "good Cortana" temporarily but everyone will mistrust her since they saw what she becomes.

Maybe she'll have a Medicant Bias change of heart and try and help humanity when the Flood (wink) return.
M0hammed wrote:
Well, Cortana knowingly allowed a lot of people to die when she awoke the Guardians so I don't know that any version of her will be redeemable in HIGHCOM's eyes. In fact, she may have severed our trust and reliance on AI's forever since so many AI's defected.

I just can't see this ending with Chief and Cortana back together. Maybe Chief will team up with "good Cortana" temporarily but everyone will mistrust her since they saw what she becomes.

Maybe she'll have a Medicant Bias change of heart and try and help humanity when the Flood (wink) return.
Well,Arbiter also killed millions of Humans and still he turned good in Halo 2 and everybody loved him in the end.
I ultimately think cortana is a good girl she just cheated on chief with Justin Verlander. She'll come back to cheifs arms. If you got that... 😋

PS I'm chief in dreamworld xyz...
M0hammed wrote:
Aha you've figured it out. This war against the Created is the Butlerian Uprising from Dune that caused humanity to give up all computer technology. Crossover confirmed! The upcoming Dune movie will feature Mjolnir armor as a relic somewhere. Sorry been reading the Dune series recently to prep for the movie and couldn't resist.

In all seriousness this could actually be an interesting plot to explore. However, I don't think it's likely since some AIs (Roland and presumably Isabel) have chosen to remain loyal. Though that does get me thinking about what would happen to the Spirit of Fire and the Banished if Isabel did choose to defect...
You know much as I hate to admit it, because I personally don't care for it and am ready to move on with new ideas for stories, I do have to unfortunately acknowledge there's some truth to the idea that saving Cortana has been the core plot of Halo.

Reach - get her off the planet (not the only task you accomplish, but the final, most important one)
CE - get her off the Autumn, then retrieve her from the Control Room
2 - in this one she honestly, truly has some agency and isn't just a damsel in distress, it was kinda nice
3 - save her from the Gravemind
4 - save her from Rampancy (even if we failed)
5, presumably setting up the plot for Infinite - save her from the Domain so she can come home and be nice and good and redeemed again.

Certainly, it would be an oversimplification to say Halo's story is nothing more than a parallel of Mario where it's about saving Peach/Cortana in every damn game, I'm not saying that's the case. But there's at least a sliver of truth to it.
You know much as I hate to admit it, because I personally don't care for it and am ready to move on with new ideas for stories, I do have to unfortunately acknowledge there's some truth to the idea that saving Cortana has been the core plot of Halo.

Reach - get her off the planet (not the only task you accomplish, but the final, most important one)
CE - get her off the Autumn, then retrieve her from the Control Room
2 - in this one she honestly, truly has some agency and isn't just a damsel in distress, it was kinda nice
3 - save her from the Gravemind
4 - save her from Rampancy (even if we failed)
5, presumably setting up the plot for Infinite - save her from the Domain so she can come home and be nice and good and redeemed again.

Certainly, it would be an oversimplification to say Halo's story is nothing more than a parallel of Mario where it's about saving Peach/Cortana in every damn game, I'm not saying that's the case. But there's at least a sliver of truth to it.
Remember Halo 5 outrage when people found out she is still alive?I have never seen so many people agree that she should have stayed dead in Halo 4,even while she was a popular character before.