[Locked] This Could Very Well Be the Best Halo So Far

OP Bookie Wookie

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So I'm going to say something really profound to a lot of people here..
I am totally confident that Halo Infinite will be the best halo so far.

Ok ok ok.... I know what you're thinking... NO, I am not parroting a Watch MoJo or Looper or Gameranx video.

I legitimately believe that 343 is going to wow ALL of us when Infinite is released.

Here's my thoughts as to why:
1- Devotion
Halo 5 had a rocky start. No forge, no splitscreen, few gametypes, Warzone bugs, ect. I would attribute this to time constraints in development. Halo 5 is now a HUGE game with arguably the most diverse set of activities from any Halo game thus far. Halo 4 was unbalanced, Halo 5 had a bad campaign, and even had to make cuts. I think the root cause is because they were experimenting, and had too many ideas to fit into one package at such a short time. Halo 4 took 3.5 years to build a new engine, completely redesign the art, balance it all out, give us a long campaign, etc. in just 3.5 years. That's a pretty tight schedule. Halo 5 built off of the Halo 4 engine and had to overhaul everything from Halo 4, design countless armors and helmets, an still cut some aspects like splitscreen and campaign. Not to mention that 343 had some teams divided to build Halo Wars 2 and help with a couple movies. Halo Infinite's Slipspace engine was in development shortly after Halo 5 released. We still don't have a release date for the new installment, but it seems clear to me that 343 is spending more time on Infinite than they have for any other Halo game so far. Not only that, the team seems to be unified. A Halo arcade shooter for Dave & Buster's just came out, and 343 had next to nothing to do with it beyond licensing and advice (correct me if I'm wrong). Halo Infinite looks promising to me because they're taking their time and devoting as much as possible to the game.

2-They're listening More Than Ever
A big complaint that Bungie Zealots had about halo 4 is that it strayed too far from the formula of Halo's before it. Honestly love what 343 has done with Halo 4 and 5 artstyle and gameplay wise, though I don't think either are flawless. 343 has (in my opinion, unfortunately) given into the bungie zealots' demands to return to the old art style. I don't think the new art style looks bad in the slightest, but honestly Halo 4 and 5 had such a distinct style that separated them from other games at the time. It blows my mind that people called it generic, as if to suggest it looks ANYTHING like other game franchises. Still, I am remaining optimistic about the new style, as the natural aspects of it are breathtaking. Clearly, 343 is listening to everyone with this one.

3-They're Still Mixing Up The Formula
The game is OPEN WORLD. This is exactly what Halo has needed since CE. It brings up the question of how multiplayer will be though. Will it also be open world, with portions cut out to have the games in? Or will the multiplayer maps be entirely different rendered places? I hope the latter, which would be easier to do anyway. It's good that we're seeing Halo go in new directions and try new things. To me, I have never seen Halo as needing to stick to a strict formula. Just make the multiplayer fair and balanced with fixed loadouts, put the Chief in it, and all the enemies we love.

4-We Might See The Flood Return!
The end of Halo 5 revealed some growling from a distant halo which we can only assume is indicative of the Flood. A huge part of Halo's lore is becoming a prominent player in the story again! Imagine what it would be like to see the Flood vs. Prometheans!

All in all, if we have a campaign as good as Halo 4, with gameplay similar to Halo 5, and more fleshed out characters from fireteams Blue and Osiris, with Halo 5's forge, this will undoubtedly be the best Halo so far.
There's no proof Infinite will be open world, that's purely speculation.

I mostly agree with everything else you said, I sure hope the extra time they put in this game will pay off in the end. We all have very high hopes for it!
Very little of that is reassuring.
"Best halo so far" pfffft yeah, I'll believe that when I see it, because we TOTALLY haven't heard that before. ಠ_ಠ
Maybe, don't be too hopeful tho
1. we have heard this before
2. we know next to nothing
3 you are right about a return to the classic artstyle
4 again that's just speculation
5 yes they definitely seem to be taking their time
One thing can be said for sure: its going to be better than Halo 5
We don't know what Halo Infinite (6) would be good or not, we just have to be patient & wait for a gameplay trailer sometime in the month or next year probably
Spoiler:
Show
1. we have heard this before2. we know next to nothing
Boy have we. Literally every single Halo game has been hailed as "the best so far". Halo: Infinite could be a masterpiece crafted by the gods themselves and the community would still complain about netcode quality and hit detection. Mind you, I'm immensely hyped for Infinite and if the announcement trailer is anything to go by, it will be a special one. But hey I'm a wierdo who likes 343s Halo so far, so don't mind me.
1. we have heard this before2. we know next to nothing
Boy have we. Literally every single Halo game has been hailed as "the best so far". Halo: Infinite could be a masterpiece crafted by the gods themselves and the community would still complain about netcode quality and hit detection. Mind you, I'm immensely hyped for Infinite and if the announcement trailer is anything to go by, it will be a special one. But hey I'm a wierdo who likes 343s Halo so far, so don't mind me.
yep people will find something to complain as for the game im very excited looks promising
I feel like I've seen that thread title many, many times over the years in various contexts. So far it has not held true.
tsassi wrote:
I feel like I've seen that thread title many, many times over the years in various contexts. So far it has not held true.
yep
Hopefully it is, nobody is hoping for a bad game after all. Though im just not getting hyped up and try to keep the past as the past and think of the game as individual piece, as with any new release.

Though it really seems like they are trying now at least given its not a yearly release.

And listening to fans could turn out good, bad or neutral depending on the person, as with other aspects of the game anyway.

As for "generic", that in itself is not an argument of anykind, its weird that its even used to describe something.
As to what those games resembled, the H4 had some multiplayer aspects from CoD (for example the ordnance system) series among with gameplay aspects and H5g had Crysis style of mechanics but just not as interesting with its lack of cloak/maximum armor systems and shared energy pool, one other difference was thrust. Otherwise it is pretty similar.

Not saying those are games that have done something first but those are some examples of similarity to other games.

As for the open world aspect. It can be good to some degree like allowing for multiple different approaches like in "Halo" level of Halo: Combat Evolved but I just wouldnt like to see just empty wasteland even if it has neat graphics. When it comes to map sizes, size isnt everything.
Also, more linear maps work with the way Halo has told its story better. It has put more content to the path of rather limited environment. As in it made the places seem bigger with its grand maps but still limited the player movement to get more action in among with scripted events.

As for the flood, it would be good to see them again as long as their story wouldnt be rushed or made look like wussies when compatred to prometheans. The flood is afterall the greatest threat to the galaxy, the ones that topped the forerunners and made them activate the suicide rings.

And character development definitely could use some improvement.

As for the story of H4, maybe in a sense that it had more of a concluded ending (no more cliffhangers 343i) but otherwise when compared to many other Halo games it didnt even get close. It was more of a weeping story like "SPARTANs have feelings too" instead of kicking alien donkeys amongs loudmouth marines.
So it wouldnt be the best game for me if the story was like H4.

And as for the H5g gameplay style. I really hope it wouldnt be the case, it has so slow gameplay with all those unnecessary animations and such. Also, the gameplay style limits vehicle placements.
Its just not that smooth gameplay that allowed for constant shooting, grenade throwing, meleeing and such among with crouch jumping being more useful.

But truly, i hope it will be the best Halo game so far. But no game can be that for all.
"Best halo so far" pfffft yeah, I'll believe that when I see it, because we TOTALLY haven't heard that before. ಠ_ಠ
At the time halo 4 was released, it was for me, slightly worse than reach. Halo 5 came out, and it is objectively the best so far. If you disagree, you're just some shill for Luke the Notable, Xperia, Act Man, LateNight.

Don't let some art style changes ruin your experience. Halo 5 is the most freeing and versatile game we have so far.
As for the story of H4, maybe in a sense that it had more of a concluded ending (no more cliffhangers 343i) but otherwise when compared to many other Halo games it didnt even get close. It was more of a weeping story like "SPARTANs have feelings too" instead of kicking alien donkeys amongs loudmouth marines.

And as for the H5g gameplay style. I really hope it wouldnt be the case, it has so slow gameplay with all those unnecessary animations and such. Also, the gameplay style limits vehicle placements.
Its just not that smooth gameplay that allowed for constant shooting, grenade throwing, meleeing and such among with crouch jumping being more useful.

But truly, i hope it will be the best Halo game so far. But no game can be that for all.
Huh??? Halo 4's story WASN'T as good as the previous stories? What even? Masterchief is barely even a character until the halfway point of 3. Halo 4 legitimately has one of the most memorable villains we've seen so far. A story about contemplating the humanity of Spartans vs "kicking alien donkeys", which one offers more room to converse about?
At the time halo 4 was released, it was for me, slightly worse than reach. Halo 5 came out, and it is objectively the best so far. If you disagree, you're just some shill for Luke the Notable, Xperia, Act Man, LateNight.

Don't let some art style changes ruin your experience. Halo 5 is the most freeing and versatile game we have so far.
“If you disagree, you’re just some shill” aaaand I’m gone. The fact that you even make acuasstions like this doesn’t even make me want to have this debate. And for the record I don’t hate halo 4 or 5s artstyle. Art style doesn’t make a game good or bad. And yes I am a fan of the act man. Why? Because he makes good quality content and never once has he said “I hate halo 5s art style”. (From what I remember) He likes halo 5 but he does have some valid points about it like it’s Rocky start and bad campaign. I just disagree because 343 has a really bad habit of 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards. and if you can’t see that then YOU are the shill that needs to google the “definition of insanity”

Huh??? Halo 4's story WASN'T as good as the previous stories? What even? Masterchief is barely even a character until the halfway point of 3. Halo 4 legitimately has one of the most memorable villains we've seen so far. A story about contemplating the humanity of Spartans vs "kicking alien donkeys", which one offers more room to converse about?
Yes, people have differing opinions about what is a good story from your opinion, shocking...

As to what other there is about older games is that its a story more about humanitys attempt to survive and triumph against much more powerful foe and against the odds.

Its like comparing first world problems to real problems when comparing H4 to older games.

And if you mean didact, i would hardly describe that sith of the Halo universe as memorable though that is again up to the person in question.

But this is more about opinions than any sort of facts.
As another mentioned, there is no confirmation about whether Infinite will be "open world" or more traditionally linear.

Every in-development has the potential to be "the best". Could Infinite be the best Halo ever? Sure, it could be. Doesn't mean it will. I find that overhyping and setting expectations unrealistically high can lead to the downfall of what would otherwise have been a fine game (not perfect, but still good). At this point in development, too little is known to draw any conclusions. It's fine to hope, but at the same time too much hope can lead to despair. Humanity's greatest strength and greatest weakness, and all that.

Also, just because someone doesn't like Halo 5 doesn't make them lackies for Halo-centric Youtubers. I really don't like it when people promote those guys' opinions as gospel, because at the end of the day LNG and Luke and all the rest are just players like everyone else, except they have a platform. They probably aren't anymore "in the loop" that anybody else. I don't like those Youtubers, but I also haven't played Halo 5 in almost 2 years. Freeing and versatile is not how I would describe Halo 5, cause to me, playing it felt like a chore. Hence why I put it down. So am I a shill for those Youtubers?
We said the same thing about halo 5 and look how that turned out. Although infinite looks really promising so far from the little we’ve seen looks great so I hope it’s great.
We said the same thing about halo 5 and look how that turned out. Although infinite looks really promising so far from the little we’ve seen looks great so I hope it’s great.
agreed I keep watching the trailer lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4