Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] This Could Very Well Be the Best Halo So Far

OP Bookie Wookie

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
So I'm going to say something really profound to a lot of people here..
I am totally confident that Halo Infinite will be the best halo so far.

Ok ok ok.... I know what you're thinking... NO, I am not parroting a Watch MoJo or Looper or Gameranx video.

I legitimately believe that 343 is going to wow ALL of us when Infinite is released.

Here's my thoughts as to why:
1- Devotion
Halo 5 had a rocky start. No forge, no splitscreen, few gametypes, Warzone bugs, ect. I would attribute this to time constraints in development. Halo 5 is now a HUGE game with arguably the most diverse set of activities from any Halo game thus far. Halo 4 was unbalanced, Halo 5 had a bad campaign, and even had to make cuts. I think the root cause is because they were experimenting, and had too many ideas to fit into one package at such a short time. Halo 4 took 3.5 years to build a new engine, completely redesign the art, balance it all out, give us a long campaign, etc. in just 3.5 years. That's a pretty tight schedule. Halo 5 built off of the Halo 4 engine and had to overhaul everything from Halo 4, design countless armors and helmets, an still cut some aspects like splitscreen and campaign. Not to mention that 343 had some teams divided to build Halo Wars 2 and help with a couple movies. Halo Infinite's Slipspace engine was in development shortly after Halo 5 released. We still don't have a release date for the new installment, but it seems clear to me that 343 is spending more time on Infinite than they have for any other Halo game so far. Not only that, the team seems to be unified. A Halo arcade shooter for Dave & Buster's just came out, and 343 had next to nothing to do with it beyond licensing and advice (correct me if I'm wrong). Halo Infinite looks promising to me because they're taking their time and devoting as much as possible to the game.

2-They're listening More Than Ever
A big complaint that Bungie Zealots had about halo 4 is that it strayed too far from the formula of Halo's before it. Honestly love what 343 has done with Halo 4 and 5 artstyle and gameplay wise, though I don't think either are flawless. 343 has (in my opinion, unfortunately) given into the bungie zealots' demands to return to the old art style. I don't think the new art style looks bad in the slightest, but honestly Halo 4 and 5 had such a distinct style that separated them from other games at the time. It blows my mind that people called it generic, as if to suggest it looks ANYTHING like other game franchises. Still, I am remaining optimistic about the new style, as the natural aspects of it are breathtaking. Clearly, 343 is listening to everyone with this one.

3-They're Still Mixing Up The Formula
The game is OPEN WORLD. This is exactly what Halo has needed since CE. It brings up the question of how multiplayer will be though. Will it also be open world, with portions cut out to have the games in? Or will the multiplayer maps be entirely different rendered places? I hope the latter, which would be easier to do anyway. It's good that we're seeing Halo go in new directions and try new things. To me, I have never seen Halo as needing to stick to a strict formula. Just make the multiplayer fair and balanced with fixed loadouts, put the Chief in it, and all the enemies we love.

4-We Might See The Flood Return!
The end of Halo 5 revealed some growling from a distant halo which we can only assume is indicative of the Flood. A huge part of Halo's lore is becoming a prominent player in the story again! Imagine what it would be like to see the Flood vs. Prometheans!

All in all, if we have a campaign as good as Halo 4, with gameplay similar to Halo 5, and more fleshed out characters from fireteams Blue and Osiris, with Halo 5's forge, this will undoubtedly be the best Halo so far.
1. I get what you're saying but if that was true about their engine then it means they didn't look after H5 well, it does make me concerned as to how they could treat future Halo games but 4,5 has taught me to be sceptical.

2. Art style....sure seems like it but from a trailer it's impossible to tell if the Halo's gameplay will go back to it's roots too, I have my doubts.

3. Nobody said it was open world.

4. More than likely since most Halo rings have test subjects.

As for campaign...I thought Halo 4's campaign too linear but the Didact was interesting, didn't like the game-play from H5, wasn't a fan of the fireteams constantly be used to escape being killed since it doesn't suit Halo, kind of makes the game too easy plus the AI was pretty bad. As for Forge...I get that there's some unique programming features that they made but the design was pretty bad too since it wasn't user friendly, awkward to use.
We said the same thing with the MCC, Halo 4 and Halo 5. I seriously hooe Halo goes back to its roots with Halo 6.
"Best halo so far" pfffft yeah, I'll believe that when I see it, because we TOTALLY haven't heard that before. ಠ_ಠ
Right? I heard halo 4 and 5 were gonna be the best, but are the worst in the entire franchise, imo.
We said the same thing about halo 5 and look how that turned out. Although infinite looks really promising so far from the little we’ve seen looks great so I hope it’s great.
Yeah look how it turned out! We have the best forge to ever exist! We have more multiplayer options than ever! We have new playlists every month! We have the most versatile game mechanics so far! We have the most weapons ever for a completely customizable experience! We have the most Spartan customization ever, (except for halo 4, cuz that was truly amazing how good the armor customizing was).

Literally the only thing to complain about, is no split screen, micro transactions (which really don't change much), and a rushed campaign. they're all big issues I know, but come on I'm too busy with EVERYTHING else to worry about it!
ronnie42 wrote:
So I'm going to say something really profound to a lot of people here..
I am totally confident that Halo Infinite will be the best halo so far.

Ok ok ok.... I know what you're thinking... NO, I am not parroting a Watch MoJo or Looper or Gameranx video.

I legitimately believe that 343 is going to wow ALL of us when Infinite is released.

Here's my thoughts as to why:
1- Devotion
Halo 5 had a rocky start. No forge, no splitscreen, few gametypes, Warzone bugs, ect. I would attribute this to time constraints in development. Halo 5 is now a HUGE game with arguably the most diverse set of activities from any Halo game thus far. Halo 4 was unbalanced, Halo 5 had a bad campaign, and even had to make cuts. I think the root cause is because they were experimenting, and had too many ideas to fit into one package at such a short time. Halo 4 took 3.5 years to build a new engine, completely redesign the art, balance it all out, give us a long campaign, etc. in just 3.5 years. That's a pretty tight schedule. Halo 5 built off of the Halo 4 engine and had to overhaul everything from Halo 4, design countless armors and helmets, an still cut some aspects like splitscreen and campaign. Not to mention that 343 had some teams divided to build Halo Wars 2 and help with a couple movies. Halo Infinite's Slipspace engine was in development shortly after Halo 5 released. We still don't have a release date for the new installment, but it seems clear to me that 343 is spending more time on Infinite than they have for any other Halo game so far. Not only that, the team seems to be unified. A Halo arcade shooter for Dave & Buster's just came out, and 343 had next to nothing to do with it beyond licensing and advice (correct me if I'm wrong). Halo Infinite looks promising to me because they're taking their time and devoting as much as possible to the game.

2-They're listening More Than Ever
A big complaint that Bungie Zealots had about halo 4 is that it strayed too far from the formula of Halo's before it. Honestly love what 343 has done with Halo 4 and 5 artstyle and gameplay wise, though I don't think either are flawless. 343 has (in my opinion, unfortunately) given into the bungie zealots' demands to return to the old art style. I don't think the new art style looks bad in the slightest, but honestly Halo 4 and 5 had such a distinct style that separated them from other games at the time. It blows my mind that people called it generic, as if to suggest it looks ANYTHING like other game franchises. Still, I am remaining optimistic about the new style, as the natural aspects of it are breathtaking. Clearly, 343 is listening to everyone with this one.

3-They're Still Mixing Up The Formula
The game is OPEN WORLD. This is exactly what Halo has needed since CE. It brings up the question of how multiplayer will be though. Will it also be open world, with portions cut out to have the games in? Or will the multiplayer maps be entirely different rendered places? I hope the latter, which would be easier to do anyway. It's good that we're seeing Halo go in new directions and try new things. To me, I have never seen Halo as needing to stick to a strict formula. Just make the multiplayer fair and balanced with fixed loadouts, put the Chief in it, and all the enemies we love.

4-We Might See The Flood Return!
The end of Halo 5 revealed some growling from a distant halo which we can only assume is indicative of the Flood. A huge part of Halo's lore is becoming a prominent player in the story again! Imagine what it would be like to see the Flood vs. Prometheans!

All in all, if we have a campaign as good as Halo 4, with gameplay similar to Halo 5, and more fleshed out characters from fireteams Blue and Osiris, with Halo 5's forge, this will undoubtedly be the best Halo so far.
1. I get what you're saying but if that was true about their engine then it means they didn't look after H5 well, it does make me concerned as to how they could treat future Halo games but 4,5 has taught me to be sceptical.

2. Art style....sure seems like it but from a trailer it's impossible to tell if the Halo's gameplay will go back to it's roots too, I have my doubts.

3. Nobody said it was open world.

4. More than likely since most Halo rings have test subjects.

As for campaign...I thought Halo 4's campaign too linear but the Didact was interesting, didn't like the game-play from H5, wasn't a fan of the fireteams constantly be used to escape being killed since it doesn't suit Halo, kind of makes the game too easy plus the AI was pretty bad. As for Forge...I get that there's some unique programming features that they made but the design was pretty bad too since it wasn't user friendly, awkward to use.
Forge has a big learning curve, i know, but the thing is, ALLL design programs that let you customize your experiences in great detail aren't that user friendly. Once you learn the brush strokes, you cn paint whatever you want. I don't think forge should try to be as user friendly as reach, it would just sacrifice the tool potential.
"Best halo so far" pfffft yeah, I'll believe that when I see it, because we TOTALLY haven't heard that before. ಠ_ಠ
Right? I heard halo 4 and 5 were gonna be the best, but are the worst in the entire franchise, imo.
nope
"Best halo so far" pfffft yeah, I'll believe that when I see it, because we TOTALLY haven't heard that before. ಠ_ಠ
Right? I heard halo 4 and 5 were gonna be the best, but are the worst in the entire franchise, imo.
nope
IMO
We said the same thing about halo 5 and look how that turned out. Although infinite looks really promising so far from the little we’ve seen looks great so I hope it’s great.
Yeah look how it turned out! We have the best forge to ever exist! We have more multiplayer options than ever! We have new playlists every month! We have the most versatile game mechanics so far! We have the most weapons ever for a completely customizable experience! We have the most Spartan customization ever, (except for halo 4, cuz that was truly amazing how good the armor customizing was).

Literally the only thing to complain about, is no split screen, micro transactions (which really don't change much), and a rushed campaign. they're all big issues I know, but come on I'm too busy with EVERYTHING else to worry about it!
While I agree that forge is easily the best part, halo 5 had nothing at launch not even forge. At launch halo 5 had barely any content. It had none of its core playlist, not even btb and when we got that it was only forge maps, game mechanics that divided the whole halo community just to follow the enhanced mobility trend that died a while ago that should not comeback imo. Halo 5 easily has the worst customization of any halo game because you can’t change anything apart from helmet visor and torso while other games offered so much more. The req pool really had way too many armor pieces that were just reskins of the same armor and most of the armor in it was really bad except for a few gems. No split screen is probably one of the factors that really hurt h5 as well as micro transactions that ruined customization. Not to mention that it has the worst halo campaign to date.
Halo 5 was going to be not the best, but really good. I think Halo Infinite will turn out great. But not expecting it to be the best Halo game ever made. All we can do is wait to find out.
"Best halo so far" pfffft yeah, I'll believe that when I see it, because we TOTALLY haven't heard that before. ಠ_ಠ
At the time halo 4 was released, it was for me, slightly worse than reach. Halo 5 came out, and it is objectively the best so far. If you disagree, you're just some shill for Luke the Notable, Xperia, Act Man, LateNight.

Don't let some art style changes ruin your experience. Halo 5 is the most freeing and versatile game we have so far.
You're trolling.
We said the same thing about halo 5 and look how that turned out. Although infinite looks really promising so far from the little we’ve seen looks great so I hope it’s great.
Yeah look how it turned out! We have the best forge to ever exist! We have more multiplayer options than ever! We have new playlists every month! We have the most versatile game mechanics so far! We have the most weapons ever for a completely customizable experience! We have the most Spartan customization ever, (except for halo 4, cuz that was truly amazing how good the armor customizing was).

Literally the only thing to complain about, is no split screen, micro transactions (which really don't change much), and a rushed campaign. they're all big issues I know, but come on I'm too busy with EVERYTHING else to worry about it!
While I agree that forge is easily the best part, halo 5 had nothing at launch not even forge. At launch halo 5 had barely any content. It had none of its core playlist, not even btb and when we got that it was only forge maps, game mechanics that divided the whole halo community just to follow the enhanced mobility trend that died a while ago that should not comeback imo. Halo 5 easily has the worst customization of any halo game because you can’t change anything apart from helmet visor and torso while other games offered so much more. The req pool really had way too many armor pieces that were just reskins of the same armor and most of the armor in it was really bad except for a few gems. No split screen is probably one of the factors that really hurt h5 as well as micro transactions that ruined customization. Not to mention that it has the worst halo campaign to date.
Cool beans bruh, look at the game NOWWWWWWW
Why would 343 change the main installment of the series from a linear FPS into an open world game? That is risking too much, or it will somehow succeed. Larger, more open CE style levels would be a nice touch, though I'd not like every single level like that. Would be nice to have linear levels with some element of exploration and creation of multiple pathways to fight bad guys.
One thing can be said for sure: its going to be better than Halo 5
There's no way they could make it worse than H5...is there....? I'll be optimistic for now.
eTs Wild wrote:
One thing can be said for sure: its going to be better than Halo 5
There's no way they could make it worse than H5...is there....? I'll be optimistic for now.
5 isn't that bad

I understand if lack of split screen was a huge drawback for you. Obviously 343 made mistakes, but are you seriously going to forget all of the BEST things in 5 just because they got a little greedy?

I've never spent a dime on microtransactions and my experience has been just fine.
I don't have any friends who even play video games so no splitscreen never affected me.
The campaign was obviously bad, but it's because microsoft made 343 make cuts, probably due to time constraints.

I'm just speaking for myself on this one, but maybe these things were all integral to your experience. So I can understand you not liking Halo 5.

but please don't forget all the good 343 has done just because 4 stupid man-boys on youtube rant about it
ronnie42 wrote:
Forge has a big learning curve, i know, but the thing is, ALLL design programs that let you customize your experiences in great detail aren't that user friendly. Once you learn the brush strokes, you cn paint whatever you want. I don't think forge should try to be as user friendly as reach, it would just sacrifice the tool potential.
Not entirely true, I have used plenty of engines, even 3d modelling software's and all do the same type of things and yet some are easier than others and many even have different systems in place to let people work in their own custom config setup to make it easier to work for them. Learning to know how to make brush stroke's is one thing but what you use to make them can make it easier/difficult since it depend's on which technique you use. (Small graphic tablets or even Monitor's that can be drawn on, even mouse/keyboard, each method has their advantages, flaws).

Halo 5 has a pretty bad forge interface, it oddly makes my UE4 work look easier to do. If it doesn't become user friendly then more people would lose interest, many fans that got into forge today, continue forge today because it was user friendly, it encouraged them to get better. Just to be clear I'm not talking about features...but how the interface is organised because it's a bit of a mess...
Dude, don’t get your hopes up to high, remember who’s making the game, the same people who made the abominations that were Halo 4 and Halo 5 and the same studio who usually takes 3 steps forward and then 43 steps backwards. Stay skeptical, this game could very well be another COD clone power rangers in space game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Forge has a big learning curve, i know, but the thing is, ALLL design programs that let you customize your experiences in great detail aren't that user friendly. Once you learn the brush strokes, you cn paint whatever you want. I don't think forge should try to be as user friendly as reach, it would just sacrifice the tool potential.
Halo 5 has a pretty bad forge interface, it oddly makes my UE4 work look easier to do. If it doesn't become user friendly then more people would lose interest, many fans that got into forge today, continue forge today because it was user friendly, it encouraged them to get better. Just to be clear I'm not talking about features...but how the interface is organised because it's a bit of a mess...
mate..... it IS user friendly. We have tools that let us customize turn angles, see which axis we're rotating on, select whether we move relative to the user or relative to the object, use Zfighter, better magnets than ever, before placing in an item, we can gauge how big it will be, we have more pieces than ever, everything is categorized nicely.

The only things I think the new forge missed out on, was not including an undo button, and making trait zones easier to use.

It isn't bad, it's just different from reach/4. Watch tutorials by Forgelabs! I almost gave up when I saw the new UI, but watching one video made me FLUENT in using it!

M8, you're just looking for something to complain about, or you haven't given it a fair try yet.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Forge has a big learning curve, i know, but the thing is, ALLL design programs that let you customize your experiences in great detail aren't that user friendly. Once you learn the brush strokes, you cn paint whatever you want. I don't think forge should try to be as user friendly as reach, it would just sacrifice the tool potential.
Halo 5 has a pretty bad forge interface, it oddly makes my UE4 work look easier to do. If it doesn't become user friendly then more people would lose interest, many fans that got into forge today, continue forge today because it was user friendly, it encouraged them to get better. Just to be clear I'm not talking about features...but how the interface is organised because it's a bit of a mess...
mate..... it IS user friendly. We have tools that let us customize turn angles, see which axis we're rotating on, select whether we move relative to the user or relative to the object, use Zfighter, better magnets than ever, before placing in an item, we can gauge how big it will be, we have more pieces than ever, everything is categorized nicely.

The only things I think the new forge missed out on, was not including an undo button, and making trait zones easier to use.

It isn't bad, it's just different from reach/4. Watch tutorials by Forgelabs! I almost gave up when I saw the new UI, but watching one video made me FLUENT in using it!

M8, you're just looking for something to complain about, or you haven't given it a fair try yet.
That's not true, many people have complained about how bad it is, just because you think it is ok...does not mean it's user friendly. I'll say it again...'features' is not the same as how a UI is organised. I literally just mentioned this again. Halo 5's 'features' are great but generally most of the forge's management of how it's handled is done poorly.

Try reading what I said later in the thread because I feel like you're not understanding, I feel like I'm going to have keep repeating myself so it might be better to quote myself with what I've recently said.
ronnie42 wrote:
ronnie42 wrote:
Forge has a big learning curve, i know, but the thing is, ALLL design programs that let you customize your experiences in great detail aren't that user friendly. Once you learn the brush strokes, you cn paint whatever you want. I don't think forge should try to be as user friendly as reach, it would just sacrifice the tool potential.
Not entirely true, I have used plenty of engines, even 3d modelling software's and all do the same type of things and yet some are easier than others and many even have different systems in place to let people work in their own custom config setup to make it easier to work for them. Learning to know how to make brush stroke's is one thing but what you use to make them can make it easier/difficult since it depend's on which technique you use. (Small graphic tablets or even Monitor's that can be drawn on, even mouse/keyboard, each method has their advantages, flaws).

Halo 5 has a pretty bad forge interface, it oddly makes my UE4 work look easier to do. If it doesn't become user friendly then more people would lose interest, many fans that got into forge today, continue forge today because it was user friendly, it encouraged them to get better. Just to be clear I'm not talking about features...but how the interface is organised because it's a bit of a mess...
eTs Wild wrote:
One thing can be said for sure: its going to be better than Halo 5
There's no way they could make it worse than H5...is there....? I'll be optimistic for now.
5 isn't that bad

I understand if lack of split screen was a huge drawback for you. Obviously 343 made mistakes, but are you seriously going to forget all of the BEST things in 5 just because they got a little greedy?

I've never spent a dime on microtransactions and my experience has been just fine.
I don't have any friends who even play video games so no splitscreen never affected me.
The campaign was obviously bad, but it's because microsoft made 343 make cuts, probably due to time constraints.

I'm just speaking for myself on this one, but maybe these things were all integral to your experience. So I can understand you not liking Halo 5.

but please don't forget all the good 343 has done just because 4 stupid man-boys on youtube rant about it
Good? What I said this good you speak of? Making a halo game is good I guess but when the newest halo has the same population as an 8 year old halo game (Reach) that's an obvious sign that 343i is going the wrong direction in the making of their halo games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4