OP ran and shai

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
Soulfire72 wrote:
This monetization -Yoink- is disgusting to see. It's gotten to the point where even playing MCC feels sour, like I feel dirty for even playing a 343 game, even though MCC for the most part has been the polar opposite of Infinite's multiplayer info.
I might even not bother getting the single player until everything has been released and get it at a reduced price; assuming the campaign is actually any good. Ugh.
Let me help you with that dirty feeling my friend, it's not necessary. MCC is in a good place right now but that is no thanks to 343 who have actually outsourced fixing it to other studios. They are barely doing anything for MCC. So you're not playing a 343 game there.
Don’t even try to compare this shader system to Destiny 2. At least 95% of Destiny shaders are free and earned.
And you can apply different shaders to different parts of your Guardian, effectively giving you more customisation.

So far 343 have been so vague, that we don’t even know if the armour coating applies to the whole Spartan, or you can mix and match across the armour pieces?

The fact that this hasn’t been clarified by 343 following the backlash, is not a good sign.
I think they intentionally avoided specifying this in the latest update so that they didn’t have to lie. They told us the truth, just not the whole truth.
hxminid wrote:
Damn.

Truth be told, I was only going to buy the XBX to go enjoy Infinite at it's max capacity.

I see the infrequent release of info about this game, my interest declines inevitably. I see the open world concept, along with the F2P- now this I could have possibly dealt with. I see things I disliked in the gameplay reveal, amongst those the grapple shot (how could a 1,000lb spartan not rip a cliff or building off when he grapples to them, just straight nonsense) and now I won't be able to choose my own colors? Unbelievable.

Why would they make such terrible decisions? I don't see the "spiritual reboot" in this at all.
I've been holding on to being a gamer literally for this game, and after learning this I honestly don't want to play this game anymore.
I've never wanted to say " I remember when Halo was good" but here I am, an inch away from it.

Until this gets resolved I'm not going to buy this game and the console. I might even just stop following this game's news.

You just lost what, $600 dollars from me MS. I can imagine I'm not the only one who feels this way. I wonder if the casuals who'll pay for a "coating" during the gamepass then never play the game again will make up for it.
If they don’t get their -Yoink- together, the One X in the US will definitely tank imo. Let’s be honest, a huge reason why people even still get Xboxs is because of Halo’s history and legacy in their lives, no matter what shape or form of Halo we are getting. I hate to say it, but if they reveal a heaping pile of manure, then I may have to consider a PS5 or stop playing games like I’ve been doing for the past yrs... last time I had a PlayStation was PS2 and I loved it. It was only by chance that when I was a kid, my parents decided to get my little Special Edition CE Xbox, and I have been loyal for this long. If they don’t care or are really in a frenzy and have no clue what they’re doing anymore, then I will cease to keep caring until they make real changes with whatever massive faults come with the game’s reveals
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1005403/global-xbox-one-console-unit-sales/I really don't agree that halo is why people buy an Xbox anymore, I believe we've past that ever since the 360 and after H3, at this point Xbox has many more stuff than just halo to play, people in general also don't stick to just one game. I myself have been on record ever since H4 saying that halo isn't even a system seller anymore and I don't see infinite being any different. The only reason I'll get the series X is because 1 I naturally just play Xbox most of the time and 2 because itlli have the better performance between all the consoles. At some point I'll end up with a PS5 because I do play the exclusives which are pretty good.

Unless halo sells nearly 40 million copies a game (and I know it struggles to even sell 5 million), I won't ever see it being why people buy an Xbox these days. I believe we're truly past that era but I do believe the series X itself will be fine, especially after picking up Bethesda, ID Software, Obsidian, etc etc within the last year or so.
hxminid wrote:
Damn.

Truth be told, I was only going to buy the XBX to go enjoy Infinite at it's max capacity.

I see the infrequent release of info about this game, my interest declines inevitably. I see the open world concept, along with the F2P- now this I could have possibly dealt with. I see things I disliked in the gameplay reveal, amongst those the grapple shot (how could a 1,000lb spartan not rip a cliff or building off when he grapples to them, just straight nonsense) and now I won't be able to choose my own colors? Unbelievable.

Why would they make such terrible decisions? I don't see the "spiritual reboot" in this at all.
I've been holding on to being a gamer literally for this game, and after learning this I honestly don't want to play this game anymore.
I've never wanted to say " I remember when Halo was good" but here I am, an inch away from it.

Until this gets resolved I'm not going to buy this game and the console. I might even just stop following this game's news.

You just lost what, $600 dollars from me MS. I can imagine I'm not the only one who feels this way. I wonder if the casuals who'll pay for a "coating" during the gamepass then never play the game again will make up for it.
If they don’t get their -Yoink- together, the One X in the US will definitely tank imo. Let’s be honest, a huge reason why people even still get Xboxs is because of Halo’s history and legacy in their lives, no matter what shape or form of Halo we are getting. I hate to say it, but if they reveal a heaping pile of manure, then I may have to consider a PS5 or stop playing games like I’ve been doing for the past yrs... last time I had a PlayStation was PS2 and I loved it. It was only by chance that when I was a kid, my parents decided to get my little Special Edition CE Xbox, and I have been loyal for this long. If they don’t care or are really in a frenzy and have no clue what they’re doing anymore, then I will cease to keep caring until they make real changes with whatever massive faults come with the game’s reveals
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1005403/global-xbox-one-console-unit-sales/I really don't agree that halo is why people buy an Xbox anymore, I believe we've past that ever since the 360 and after H3, at this point Xbox has many more stuff than just halo to play, people in general also don't stick to just one game. I myself have been on record ever since H4 saying that halo isn't even a system seller anymore and I don't see infinite being any different. The only reason I'll get the series X is because 1 I naturally just play Xbox most of the time and 2 because itlli have the better performance between all the consoles. At some point I'll end up with a PS5 because I do play the exclusives which are pretty good.

Unless halo sells nearly 40 million copies a game (and I know it struggles to even sell 5 million), I won't ever see it being why people buy an Xbox these days. I believe we're truly past that era but I do believe the series X itself will be fine, especially after picking up Bethesda, ID Software, Obsidian, etc etc within the last year or so.
I agree with all your points. I'm primarily an Xbox player so Series X will be my go to next gen console. I will buy a PS5 for exclusives at some point, and like you I play multiple games, by the time God of War, H Forbidden West and another exclusive or two drop I'll get a great PS5 deal, possibly a mid gen refresh with several great games.

I also believe that Halo is not the console seller it used to be. There are many other Xbox games that players buy consoles for. I don't doubt Halo is still a huge pull though. Also, the aquisition of Bethesda, Id etc guarantees I'll keep Xbox as my primary platform for gaming. DOOM, Wolfenstein, Fallout (not 76 lol) are some of my all time favourites.
I think part of why they're getting so much backlash is because it is in stark contrast with how they've been handling MCC lately, with steady improvements, free weapon skins, visor colors, and nameplates over soon to be 4 separate seasons, and really solid communication. Infinite so far has been nothing but bungled messaging, poor presentations, and having to learn about the game and the monetization through toys and promotional bags of chips. The MCC team is knocking it out of the park the last 6 months and the Infinite team is doing everything in their power to mess things up.
hxminid wrote:
Damn.

You are absolutely right halo isn’t at all why people buy an Xbox. Hasn’t been since Halo 3. Microsoft hoped halo 5 would have been but it absolutely didn’t boost hardware sales.

they definitely hope infinite will sell series X/S’s but I don’t think it will. The July showing and delay were embarrassing. My expectations were very low and I was still surprised with how bad that demo was. I cannot believe it was green lit to show off to the public.

with that said I Am getting the series X but certainly not for infinite. In fact I don’t plan to play infinite at all given how it’s been turning out even with gamepass.

im getting it for 2 reasons:

1. I have a lot of digital games in my library that I would still like access too

2. the future of Xbox’s first party options beyond halo looks promising. The fable reboot, obsidians next game avowed, and the recent news that phil spencer implied that the recently acquired Bethesda IP will be exclusive to Xbox and PC.

infinite wasn’t even a thought in my decision to get a series X
mr taco47 wrote:
Great post OP. A major concern of mine and many others is the sanitization of the violence in the franchise. Blood is nonexistent, bodies disappear after mere seconds post mortem, and the God forsaken Teen rating for Violence alone makes for a cheap attempt to capitalize on a younger audience who will play a Mature rated game regardless of who buys it. This only serves to further alienate long time fans from the revolutionary shooter we had years ago.
Sadly, as a relatively new fan (first game was halo 4 in 2014) It's really disheartening to see the community divide like this, and I feel like people are supporting this game out of desperation because they "need" it to be good, and I'm just really hoping the series doesn't go down the drain because it's something that means a lot to people, and really is special.
Go down the Drain? We’re already on our way to the septic system at this point. Halo is looking to die it’s second Death on or 6 months before it’s 20th anniversary.
hxminid wrote:
Damn.

I agree, sometimes I forget Halo doesn’t pull weight like it used to. And yes, there are other games and attractive features
TweeFoThwee IndaTrees-“You are the Battle-scared veterans, seasoned and accomplished Halo fans, the heart, soul and will of the Franchise. But these are my games now, monetization and needless changes matter to me, your thoughts not.”

Halo Fans-“👁👄👁.”
hxminid wrote:
Damn.

I want Halo to be good enough to the point where Halo alone sells the Xbox like it used to.
hxminid wrote:
Damn.

I want Halo to be good enough to the point where Halo alone sells the Xbox like it used to.
I don't believe halo will ever be of that high a quality again, given the years of history we have now under 343 demonstrating they are incapable of such accomplishment. However, even if 343 defies expectations and develops the universally acknowledged best halo game ever, I don't know if it will have the same console selling potential since it will also be on PC.
At the very least all you've done is point out these things are a matter of opinion, or simply tried to take the achievement away from 343i by figuring out how to frame it so that it wasn't actually their achievement.
How are bugs and glitches an opinion?
How are missing gametypes and -modes an opinion?
How is pointing out the actual developer of a game (Creative Assembly for Halo Wars 2, Saber Interactive for CEA, H2A and Halo Online, Vanguard Games for the "Spartan" series) an opinion?

Fair enough. Your experience was mostly (if not exclusively) positive. I'm actually glad for you, and for the record, I even envy you. I don't want to dislike every new Halo game. But I just can't force myself to enjoy them when I fundamentally disagree with 90% of the additions they make, they constantly take away stuff that was previously there and their games release completely broken and devoid of features at launch.
(Mind you, I'm mostly talking about the developing part of the company, not the support team that is tasked with cleaning up the mess that the "main studio" releases and maintaining old games for decades.)

You can't look at a game like Destiny and tell me Bunige, if they had kept working on Halo, would not have at least gone in a similar direction as 343i did.
Sure we can. Destiny is a completely different game from Halo, ergo it has different concepts and mechanics. That was precisely the reason why they wanted to get away from Halo, so they could implement new ideas that wouldn't fit the Halo franchise.
And yes, I already know the reply I'm going to get: "But Reach..."
I know. Reach already implemented several of the things that Destiny would be based off. But there are two things to consider:
First of all, Reach was a spin-off. They deliberately didn't make it a numbered title to show that distinction. In fact, they didn't even call it "Halo". Nowhere in the game does it say that. I am fairly certain that the name was just added to the cover/disc by Microsoft's marketing team to capitalize on brand recognition.
Secondly, Destiny was already in development as far back as ODST. They already knew what that game was going to be, at least in terms of gameplay. Reach was their playground to test out these things, for better or for worse, before they add it to a title that was initially meant to last for 10 years. Reach, in the way that it was developed, probably wouldn't even exist if Bungie hadn't intended to make Destiny next.

SENCHIEF10 wrote:
There is no doubt in my mind that both 4 and 5 were likely considered “failures” internally as they did not sell copies, retain players, or grow the fanbase remotely at the same rate as halo 2 or 3 did to grow both the IP and the Xbox brand.
For the record, Halo 4 did indeed sell on the same level as Reach did, which was better than 2 but worse than 3. It's just the playerbase that tanked. You are correct on H5G, though (from what we've been able to infer from other sources, as neither Microsoft nor 343 release any figures on that game).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5