Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Three nitpicks I hope get solved before launch.

OP JaydensApples

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I agree with the first 2 ones, but the reticle thing is already solved i think. Yes, it looked like just a simple test crosshair in the trailer, but in the MP overview ViDoc it looks like it has the same reticle from Halo 2 and 3 (y´know, the circle with the 4 lines cutting it in both axis), which makes sense since itsnbasically the Halo 2-3 BR model, but modernized
I think it's confirmed that in the trailer the enemy outlines were turned off entirely. In the vidoc there were a few times where they were shown and they looked pretty clear in my opinion.
this Favyn video talks about the outlines at 1:30:12.

it's easier to watch him than explain it myself
Explosions and effects in general look really bad, not just the shields
1. Radar is too small. The current setting is 20M, the minimum should be 25M especially when sprint exists

2. Needs to be Red vs Blue setting for people that want it. The enemy outlines look way too muddled and you can't see the enemy from far off ( at least I couldn't see them in the trailer)
As someone very used to games with outlines, trust me it seems harder to comprehend than it actually is. Especially when you can see friendly outlines through walls.

I urge you to try it for yourself, apparently the outline colours are also customisable for maximum benefit to yourself (and colourblind persons)
I agree with the first 2 ones, but the reticle thing is already solved i think. Yes, it looked like just a simple test crosshair in the trailer, but in the MP overview ViDoc it looks like it has the same reticle from Halo 2 and 3 (y´know, the circle with the 4 lines cutting it in both axis), which makes sense since itsnbasically the Halo 2-3 BR model, but modernized
Im pretty sure its almost a 1:1 of the Halo 2/3 model actually.

I didnt really notice anything that made me think it was a close cousin or remotely new.
I agree with your number two point regarding the gravity hammer. The effect it had on the enemy does not seem physics-based.

My deal breaker is the offensive high- frequency hit marker sound effects that seem to be making a return from Halo 5. After all, that's why I never completed a single mission nor match of Halo 5.
Wait, you didn't play a game because of hit marker sounds? That's a first. 😆 Don't get me wrong, I hate hit markers in general, I usually turn them off if it's an option, but I wouldn't not play a game just because they have them.

You mentioned they were offensive high frequency, did they hurt your ears? If that's the case I can understand as certain pitches make my ears twinge; A great example being the YouTuber Matimi0's voice. He makes good videos but I have to put my phone on the lowest volume just to listen to him speak. Ears are weird in that way.
I agree with your number two point regarding the gravity hammer. The effect it had on the enemy does not seem physics-based.

My deal breaker is the offensive high- frequency hit marker sound effects that seem to be making a return from Halo 5. After all, that's why I never completed a single mission nor match of Halo 5.
Wait, you didn't play a game because of hit marker sounds? That's a first. 😆 Don't get me wrong, I hate hit markers in general, I usually turn them off if it's an option, but I wouldn't not play a game just because they have them.

You mentioned they were offensive high frequency, did they hurt your ears? If that's the case I can understand as certain pitches make my ears twinge; A great example being the YouTuber Matimi0's voice. He makes good videos but I have to put my phone on the lowest volume just to listen to him speak. Ears are weird in that way.
Yes the noises are so high pitched and I tried my best because the gameplay looked tight- but I could not enjoy the game. They're so high pitched it's offensive. If they sounded more like CoD 4: Modern Warfare's hit marker sounds I could have handled them. If I was playing a pinball game or Pacman perhaps I could handle those noises but they don't fit a military shooter game like Halo. Those sounds rub me the wrong way on multiple levels.
I would LOVE to see Spartans go flying after getting ruined by the gravity hammer !
Basically, like that segment where the Spartan was whacked by the Oddball towards the end of the trailer and went flying into a wall.
1. Radar is too small. The current setting is 20M, the minimum should be 25M especially when sprint exists

2. Needs to be Red vs Blue setting for people that want it. The enemy outlines look way too muddled and you can't see the enemy from far off ( at least I couldn't see them in the trailer)
As someone very used to games with outlines, trust me it seems harder to comprehend than it actually is. Especially when you can see friendly outlines through walls.

I urge you to try it for yourself, apparently the outline colours are also customisable for maximum benefit to yourself (and colourblind persons)
I recommend watching the video in my previous post and going to this time stamp 1:30:12.

Even if the outlines In halo worked perfect I still prefer to Red vs Blue option for obvious reason.
Yeah I don't really mind the enemy outline choice. I think it'll be good to see players' spartans how they were meant to be seen. My biggest concern is infinite ammo. I know they made a big push for a lot of the gameplay to be infinite; movement, lives, etc. I just don't think infinite ammo was a good choice, especially for the competitive playlists. I guess we'll see if it's just starting weapons, or all weapons. Kinda concerning to me
JCMsergox wrote:
I would LOVE to see Spartans go flying after getting ruined by the gravity hammer !
Basically, like that segment where the Spartan was whacked by the Oddball towards the end of the trailer and went flying into a wall.
Yes! Little things like that go a long way and make the game so much more fun!
Yeah I don't really mind the enemy outline choice. I think it'll be good to see players' spartans how they were meant to be seen. My biggest concern is infinite ammo. I know they made a big push for a lot of the gameplay to be infinite; movement, lives, etc. I just don't think infinite ammo was a good choice, especially for the competitive playlists. I guess we'll see if it's just starting weapons, or all weapons. Kinda concerning to me
Infinite ammo? I am pretty sure that's not a thing whatsoever.
In the clips unlimited ammo has only been visible in the training mode which makes sense. Not much use shooting at dummy targets with having to look for ammo.
All the other gameplay clips in which the HUD was completely visible ammo was clearly visible so I wouldn’t worry about this.

I am still hoping however that they have implemented some solutions for running out of ammo in the campaign. Always felt silly that on legendary you had to dump your AR and headshot weapon after to fights because they were empty and had to continue with and endless supply of promethean and covenant scraps.

I recommend watching the video in my previous post and going to this time stamp 1:30:12.

Even if the outlines In halo worked perfect I still prefer to Red vs Blue option for obvious reason.
Im not watching a video over an hour long.

Dont knock it until you try it. Then feel free to knock it.
I agree with points 1 and 2. I will say though it's really cool how the shields light up where you're hitting them, that's neat. The overall effects need to be toned down though.

As for the reticle, it seems this will be a customization option. If you notice in the overview, there's a BR with the classic reticle as opposed to the one in the mp trailer.

Im not watching a video over an hour long.

Dont knock it until you try it. Then feel free to knock it.
That's why I said go to the time stamp I posted. You don't even aft to watch a minute of the video . Literally shows how defective the outlines are right now

Here's the link again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeOBS0JcLZo Go to 1:30:12
I see your points but they can’t make the gravity hammer the strongest thing in the game
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2