Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Tim Longo's successor Mary Olson has now left 343i

OP MrSid117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I always knew going for nostalgia will end up in a mess. Now, we’ll have another Duke Nukem Forever in our hands (I hope not.)
You think a producer leaving the project = a new Duke Nukem Forever? A game that was in development for approximately 14 years, started over multiple times, switched studios multiple times, and was eventually just dragged across the finish line by Gearbox?

The title of this thread isn't even accurate. Olson didn't "succeed" Longo - she was promoted to a new position at the same time Longo left, but not HIS position. She became a producer on the campaign, which basically means she was there to help keep things running smoothly. That said, I actually do wonder if there's a connection between Longo leaving, and Olson getting moved then leaving herself, but more in terms of what I'll nebulously call "internal problems", and not necessarily problems with the game.

I get that people are placing a lot of desperate hopes on Halo Infinite to be the perfect next-gen Halo we all see in our heads, and that people are thus over-analyzing every shred of news about the game or 343, but... can we all take a deep breath?

Cyberpunk 2077's creative director left that project earlier this year, and there's a fair chance you never even heard about it, let alone launched into a panic. Losing a producer is certainly newsworthy, but not something to cause you to throw your hands up and declare that it's all doomed.
I don't' think that AT ALL. It's just a saying ffs
Should we be concerned?
Just lower your expectations for the campaign.

Also; yes people change jobs atleast once in their life at any time. I understand there are those who are required to quell unneeded forum fires, but do not fool me. Games whose employees feel the need to change jobs is often followed by a rushed and/or mismanaged game. Feel free to provide me with any example where the lead staff left a game and the game turned out to be amazing at launch. As I would like to be wrong here and remain hopeful for not only Halo Infinite but other future games.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2