Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

to Give the covenant back there glory

OP CrashingMoney65

I want the covenant to be back to how they were in previous games like 1 2 3 .they were an actually hard enemy to fight however in halo 5 the promethans were much stronger. Also in the halo 5 campaign they barely made an appearance
I'm afraid the Covenant are done for story-wise. Most elites went their own way, grunts allied with Cortana and I'm pretty sure the jackals are back to their pirate-y ways. Not really sure what the prophets are up to, but they lost a lot with the dissolution of the Covenant. Brutes are mostly united under the Banished, which are (as far as I'm aware) rapidly gaining influence among the races of the former Covenant. Would definitely not surprise me if the Banished fill the void the Covenant left behind.

As for the Prometheans, they are likely to stay as long as Cortana's a threat.

EDIT: That isn't to say that the traditional Covenant could not feature in a game set in the past, of course.
I'm afraid the Covenant are done for story-wise. Most elites went their own way, grunts allied with Cortana and I'm pretty sure the jackals are back to their pirate-y ways. Not really sure what the prophets are up to, but they lost a lot with the dissolution of the Covenant. Brutes are mostly united under the Banished, which are (as far as I'm aware) rapidly gaining influence among the races of the former Covenant. Would definitely not surprise me if the Banished fill the void the Covenant left behind.

EDIT: That isn't to say that the traditional Covenant could not feature in a game set in the past, of course.
ye even just fighting the covenant enemies even if there not covenant if u see what i mean

ye even just fighting the covenant enemies even if there not covenant if u see what i mean
If the Banished feature in the next installment, I expect them to provide similar gameplay to the old Covenant.
Well they have been defeated so you'll have to look forward to the Banished (which are basically just cooler Covenant).
There's no way the Covenant Empire is coming back. The enemies who we face who were once in the covenant operate around the same way they did in past games. They're just easier by comparison to the prometheans because we're so use to fighting the covenant in the past.
Like the others have said. No Covenant in Infinite; but the Banished will likely make an appearance. Though I question how they’ll show up. Being stuck on the Ark kind of prevents this. Perhaps we’ll be dealing with Banished forces Atriox held back in the galaxy.
My guess is that the Banished want control of Zeta Halo, they seemed keen on getting Instillation 08 in HW2. And with 08 lost to them, my guess is that they’ll want control of another ring. A battle with them and not Cortana’s forces could have been the cause of Zeta’s damage.
Just how the Banished are involved with Infinite is one of the questions I can’t wait to see the answer to.
Would love to see a spin-off game or a prequel to feature classic Covenant war.

If the mainline narrative has to be continued, then yeah go ahead and use a time-travel plot. You can be all high-brow about it and meta commentary on how to prevent bad guy Cortana while also undoing uninteresting story directions.

If the mainline narrative has to be continued, then yeah go ahead and use a time-travel plot. You can be all high-brow about it and meta commentary on how to prevent bad guy Cortana while also undoing uninteresting story directions.
Time travel shouldn’t be used to “fix” a story. In the end, it just causes more problems than fixes.
I want the covenant to be back to how they were in previous games like 1 2 3 .they were an actually hard enemy to fight however in halo 5 the promethans were much stronger. Also in the halo 5 campaign they barely made an appearance
no more covenant. let them rest. teres not much story wise left forcovs. let them rest.

new enemies please.

you can't just add covenant back without an explanation for every halo game.

covenant were bigger than the persian empire yes. But, covenant were not the only species in halo universe. there is room for new enemies.

Time travel shouldn’t be used to “fix” a story. In the end, it just causes more problems than fixes.
tiem travel never works.

there is always a downside. look at the recent flashpoints for justice league dark war series. there is consequences.
Well technically there is still a Covenant but not on the same scale as the original 'Covenant'.

Though after the events of Halo 5 'evil' Cortana seemingly forced every faction to work for her so she may now have a bigger empire than the original Halo 1-3 Covenant.

It's more than possible that a new main Covenant could have been founded since a lot of races now probably see Cortana as a 'goddess' and anyone caught resisting could be either enslaved or killed

As far as I can tell she probably rules over everywhere including Earth so it's possible that she may have created a more deadlier Covenant than the original and any rebels that resisted would probably end up becoming slaves to the new empire or wiped out. Basically it be a simple submit to her empire or be wiped out, which is basically her ultimatum at the end of H5.

One of the best ways to drive a story into the ground is by introducing Time Travel. Very, very, very rarely it can be pulled off in a good way, but the safest bet a writer has with the topic? "Avoid it entirely". Seriously, Time Travel's one of the worst things that Halo could add to its setting right now. I can get the odd messes like the Minute inisde / hour outside stuff in select situations, but outright Time Travel is an absolute NOPE from me.

I get some people really think 5 should be swept under the rug and retconned, but that just isn't happening. The best we can hope for is that they build from it in a constructive way like Bad Blood and Legacy of Onyx did, rather than smearing it even further with a concept like time traveling.
You have to look at it from a lore perspective. The original Covenant is gone and broken into Splinter factions. They will never be as strong as they were in Halo 1,2,3. According to the lore some of them are scrambling to even get equipment and are using older model ships. Not to mention they are all in the middle of a long Civil War.
You have to look at it from a lore perspective. The original Covenant is gone and broken into Splinter factions. They will never be as strong as they were in Halo 1,2,3. According to the lore some of them are scrambling to even get equipment and are using older model ships. Not to mention they are all in the middle of a long Civil War.
Even the Arbiter has been forced into scavenging older ship models, and his faction is one of the most important ones.