Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

to the music composers of halo infinite

OP Mawyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ts-mSQeAo4&ab_channel=MartinO%27Donnell%26MichaelSalvatori-Topic

i've noticed they've been kinda re-visioning the old tracks, please do not forget to show this one some love. hands down one of the best tracks out of any halo game.
That is a great piece of music, and I hope some elements of it can be mixed into a track in Infinite. Some may say that Infinite needs its own music independent of previous soundtracks, but I'd argue Halo has built a reputation from taking previous tracks and improving them. CE through H3 is almost like a development timeline. Tracks from CE were improved in H2, and then perfected in H3. It's worth considering that Halo's music was at its best back then, so we should continue the tradition of developing those tracks further.

H4 and H5 had a couple solid songs, but while I can only say a couple for them, I can say that every single song from CE through Reach was at the very least great, and at the very most iconic.
facts, halo 4-5 had some alright songs, but its NOTHING compared to the original sound of halo, I'm so glad halo infinite is following in the originals steps.
To me, the only truly standout piece composed for the Reclaimer saga was "117," which I actually do think is a pretty great track.

Given what they've released of the Infinite soundtrack, I think it's safe to assume that they're going for the traditional OT motifs. It sounds like they're taking Marty's old approach by iterating and adding to the great foundations gradually in each new title. Regarding "Rock Anthem," and "MJOLNIR Mix," from H2, I'm no different than most fans and love the hyped-up guitar. Personally, though, I think things got really good in Halo 3, when the piano overlay kicked in on top of the classic themes. To me, the piano was a more mature and self-assured touch than the (still phenomenal) guitar. It maintained a sense of novelty since it was placed so heavily in the orchestral mix, but it wasn't quite as irreverent as the guitar had been (again, which of these you prefer is certainly a matter of personal taste, I just err on the side of the piano myself).

In any case, I'll be thrilled to hear some throwback guitar riffing and/or piano that bring to mind the OT soundtracks.
Halo Infinite's soundtrack will hopefully strike the perfect balance and not rely on the nostalgia overload. I appreciated the call backs to Marty's work in the Halo 5 OST but it still did not feel Halo enough for me. I think they got it right this time from what I have heard so far.
Mawyle wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ts-mSQeAo4&ab_channel=MartinO%27Donnell%26MichaelSalvatori-Topic

i've noticed they've been kinda re-visioning the old tracks, please do not forget to show this one some love. hands down one of the best tracks out of any halo game.
I love the halo rock soundtracks, is a great mix of the original theme. I hope they use it maybe on a fight against a Hunter or when you are in a fight with a warthog (also using the warthog run theme)
To me, the only truly standout piece composed for the Reclaimer saga was "117," which I actually do think is a pretty great track.

Given what they've released of the Infinite soundtrack, I think it's safe to assume that they're going for the traditional OT motifs. It sounds like they're taking Marty's old approach by iterating and adding to the great foundations gradually in each new title. Regarding "Rock Anthem," and "MJOLNIR Mix," from H2, I'm no different than most fans and love the hyped-up guitar. Personally, though, I think things got really good in Halo 3, when the piano overlay kicked in on top of the classic themes. To me, the piano was a more mature and self-assured touch than the (still phenomenal) guitar. It maintained a sense of novelty since it was placed so heavily in the orchestral mix, but it wasn't quite as irreverent as the guitar had been (again, which of these you prefer is certainly a matter of personal taste, I just err on the side of the piano myself).

In any case, I'll be thrilled to hear some throwback guitar riffing and/or piano that bring to mind the OT soundtracks.
halo 3 had such a breath taking OST, honestly 2 and 3 were my fav osts.
So far from the 3 tracks released on the YouTube channel, I think that the OST will be great. In the gameplay trailer, it fit well and didn't just feel like any ordinary music you would hear in the background, especially at the part where the player grapples to get up. It captures the moment well, and the only time where it'll get annoying is after dying for the 50th time because of that one suicide grunt/jackal sniper which keeps killing me over and over and over...
(Deference for Darkness - Halo 3: ODST)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsG8qffiDk8&ab_channel=MartinO%27Donnell-Topic

(Deliver Hope - Halo Reach)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxnL7PIxW14&has_verified=1&ab_channel=Xbox