Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Today would have been Infinite’s release...

OP TheDonCJG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Wanted to buy it last night. Start it today after work. So ill do that when it relases, Maybe have a Series X by then.
TheDonCJG wrote:
perhaps 343I might share some insight in a Vidoc at some point and mention what they had been able to achieve by the 10/11/20 & there after given the extra time.
So I’ve just set up my Series X and seeing a big ol Master Chief on the back of the box is definitely a somber thought. Today we could of all been playing Halo Infinite.

Hopefully the delay will make Infinite even better and I can’t wait to play it.

What were your plans for Infinite’s launch? Would you jump straight into the online or take the Banished on head to head in campaign?

I’m definitely a legendary campaign at midnight kind of guy.
Would be nice to least get a demo of it to least play it, even though would get change in the future.
I’m sure we’ll get a flight or some form of beta in the future. Once we get a release date I think we’ll start to see more information on beta’s and such.

perhaps 343I might share some insight in a Vidoc at some point and mention what they had been able to achieve by the 10/11/20 & there after given the extra time.
I actually really like this idea. I think a documentary series like “The Sprint” from Halo 5 would be cool. Get an insight on what it was like building up to the launch and seeing the feedback and getting that delay happen. Not sure how that would work with the lockdowns and working from home though.
I am still looking forward to see the upcoming Halo Infinite coming out on Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC. I am very excited to see Master Chief coming back in the new Halo video game. Hopefully 343 Industries will reveal the next Halo Infinite gameplay footage.
The wait for more gameplay is very painful. I want to know so much about this game too. I think it’s just a matter of time until we see something. Let’s hope it will be worth the wait
It’s a real shame. Hopefully we get a Spring release
It is a bit jarring that we've reached the original release date - yet we know so little.
  1. going to explore every square-inch of the open world halo ring
  2. find the index, and fire the ring
hate to tell you but...the ring in halo infinite isn't exactly new in-box condition :/ i dont think that mf'er is gonna fire
AnimeZoomy wrote:
  1. going to explore every square-inch of the open world halo ring
  2. find the index, and fire the ring
hate to tell you but...the ring in halo infinite isn't exactly new in-box condition :/ i dont think that mf'er is gonna fire
right... forgot about that.
TheDonCJG wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
Today would have been the day.
I wonder, had the game not been delayed would we have gotten to see more footage of Campaign and Multiplayer?
So I’ve just set up my Series X and seeing a big ol Master Chief on the back of the box is definitely a somber thought. Today we could of all been playing Halo Infinite.

Hopefully the delay will make Infinite even better and I can’t wait to play it.

What were your plans for Infinite’s launch? Would you jump straight into the online or take the Banished on head to head in campaign?

I’m definitely a legendary campaign at midnight kind of guy.
Neither, octagon for 3 years straight upon release 😂
Lmao, I’m trying to see that 100% accuracy stat. I’m keeping an eye out haha.

I had PTO scheduled for today, Thursday and Friday (off Wednesday for Veterans Day). The plan was to grab Halo Infinite at midnight launch and straight into campaign solo legendary - as all previous halo launches have gone for me. Needless to say I didn’t get the new Xbox because no halo and cancelled my PTO.

so I’m going to work instead of my planned halo marathon.
I had taken this week off of work for Infinite too. Just so happens England went back into lockdown now too. Would of been the perfect time to grind Infinite. Hopefully when the new release date drops you can secure that time off and play!

Today would have been the day.
I wonder, had the game not been delayed would we have gotten to see more footage of Campaign and Multiplayer?
Ah for sure, the only reason we haven’t now is due to the delay. We’ll for sure see some more footage at some point in the future. It’s a really hard thing to wait for but it’ll be worth it in the end.
I had 77 % the other day...
Honestly I'm a new Halo player I've only played and finished Halo 5 and started a few others but didn't finish 'em. I actually got into halo because of Halo infinite and a youtuber called Same Token He's only got 60k subs but his content is really good. Back when the delay was announced I was looking forward to Halo infinite but when the delay was announced I was disappointed, but at least we'll be playing a better game when it comes out. And as for me I'm not really in to multiplayer that much so I'd probably start the campaign and after that probably play a bit of multiplayer.
I remember dying to get Halo 5 in 2015 and it felt like every week was a dreadful year to get past. From July to November, small news of the game was such a big excitement for me! Even for how to game turned out, its still okay in my book.

But because Infinite was delayed, it feels like July to November still went by extra fast than last time. Not sure if thats because of the delay, or because I am not totally excited.
Holding onto my money until I saw whether the game was worth it.
Wanted to buy it last night. Start it today after work. So ill do that when it relases, Maybe have a Series X by then.
I’d definitely try to grab a series x by then if you can! A next gen game like infinite deserves to be played on a top tier console!

It’s a real shame. Hopefully we get a Spring release
I’m hoping for this too! I’ve heard rumours that the game is “content complete”. So all the work left to do is pure technical like bugs, graphics & engine etc. So I’m hoping they can get a release window around April/May.

Darwi wrote:
It is a bit jarring that we've reached the original release date - yet we know so little.
Definitely! I’ve thought about all the info we’ve gotten so far and I’m kind of glad it got delayed. The whole controversy with coatings and what not got a lot of people talking. If the game had launched today things like that wouldn’t have had time to be changed.
I wonder what else they have ready to tell us that people may not actually like. Who knows? I’m really hoping for news to start trickling out early next year.

Honestly I'm a new Halo player I've only played and finished Halo 5 and started a few others but didn't finish 'em. I actually got into halo because of Halo infinite and a youtuber called Same Token He's only got 60k subs but his content is really good. Back when the delay was announced I was looking forward to Halo infinite but when the delay was announced I was disappointed, but at least we'll be playing a better game when it comes out. And as for me I'm not really in to multiplayer that much so I'd probably start the campaign and after that probably play a bit of multiplayer.
Ah yeah, I’ve watched a bit of SameToken, he’s quite good.
Well Infinite is the perfect point for newer players to jump on in to the story. As a soft reboot the past stories shouldn’t play too much of a factor. If you have game pass I would highly recommend playing the Master Chief Collection and playing through some of the older games. They’re fantastic.
I remember back in the day when I was a kid I used to be so scared of multiplayer haha, once I got into it though I could never look back.

I remember dying to get Halo 5 in 2015 and it felt like every week was a dreadful year to get past. From July to November, small news of the game was such a big excitement for me! Even for how to game turned out, its still okay in my book.

But because Infinite was delayed, it feels like July to November still went by extra fast than last time. Not sure if thats because of the delay, or because I am not totally excited.
Damn Halo 5’s release feels like a lifetime ago now. I remember blasting through the campaign at midnight. Good times.
I do feel you on that though, knowing that Infinite has been delayed has kept it out of my mind for a bit - helps pass the time.
I think once the news cycle begins for the game the hype will build back up. Right now with info being so few and far between it’s hard to get excited about the game.

Holding onto my money until I saw whether the game was worth it.
Definitely a smart move if you plan to buy the game outright. Though the game will be on Game Pass day 1 of release with pre downloading available if you’d like to take that route.
I do agree that the reviews for this game are really going to close the deal on wether the game lives or dies.
Im buying infinite even though I have game pass, some times internet goes out in the country. Multiplayer Beta should come out! Bad graphics and all as is (it's a beta) .
was looking forward to playing it on my PC :(
Im buying infinite even though I have game pass, some times internet goes out in the country. Multiplayer Beta should come out! Bad graphics and all as is (it's a beta) .
I’m praying for a beta too. I’d love to just get some kind of hands on with the game. And that’s actually pretty clever, here in the city I’ve never really had too much of an issue with connection.
I know some of my pals in the country have similar issues like you say, guess that’s definitely a work around.

Ah man, the game should look amazing on PC when it finally launches though. And with cross platform play it’s going to make it a whole new experience.
TheDonCJG wrote:
Ah man, the game should look amazing on PC when it finally launches though. And with cross platform play it’s going to make it a whole new experience.
yea definitely, i play fps on pc with a controller anyways cause ive been playing with a pad most of my gaming time so its what im used to. Happy to hear about input based match making.
One point on topic then one point off. More directed to you, sour vampire, on my second point/question.

I'd have been setting up to geek-the-F-out! Thankfully the delay has given me boredom dosh to spend and I just got a new 4k tv... So wins and losses...

Sour Vampire; just curious... are you in the US?
RE: Internet outages.
I'm in Australia, out in rural areas as well, and my internet rarely goes out or lags in the slightest. Unless of course, my sister wants to come to visit the farm and downloads who the F knows what all night...
If you are in the US, I'm just surprised is all about such a developed country having "rural" area internet issues.
And I say "rural" like that just because of the population density differences between US and AU and typical driving distances to nearby large towns/small cities.
TheDonCJG wrote:
yea definitely, i play fps on pc with a controller anyways cause ive been playing with a pad most of my gaming time so its what im used to. Happy to hear about input based match making.
I have a few friends who primarily play on PC now and I’m so happy I’ll be able to play Halo with them again. It’s going to be great to have a united community.

LoxOne4269 wrote:
One point on topic then one point off. More directed to you, sour vampire, on my second point/question.

I'd have been setting up to geek-the-F-out! Thankfully the delay has given me boredom dosh to spend and I just got a new 4k tv... So wins and losses...

Sour Vampire; just curious... are you in the US?
RE: Internet outages.
I'm in Australia, out in rural areas as well, and my internet rarely goes out or lags in the slightest. Unless of course, my sister wants to come to visit the farm and downloads who the F knows what all night...
If you are in the US, I'm just surprised is all about such a developed country having "rural" area internet issues.
And I say "rural" like that just because of the population density differences between US and AU and typical driving distances to nearby large towns/small cities.
We’ve just gone into lockdown over here and it’s good to have some money spare to spend on some new games to pass the time. A 4K is a whole new world of gaming. I remember getting mine for when the One X came out and WOW. Can’t wait to see Infinite on it haha
It's all been said and said again around here, but regardless of whether the delay ultimately was necessary or not (I think it was at the time the decision was made, but that five years of development and a behemoth MS budget leading up should have been ample time and resources to assure launching in time), missing the XSX launch is definitely a fumble for 343.

Nothing to celebrate for new Halo as we see a new Xbox come into the market is a missed opportunity and a shame. It's up to 343i to make the extra wait worthwhile, and I don't envy them that task. Hopefully a year from now we're all playing Infinite and it's so good we can't even remember all the negativity and the gigantic wait, but they'll never have the chance to make Infinite a ground-shattering killer app launch title again, and that's lamentable.
It's all been said and said again around here, but regardless of whether the delay ultimately was necessary or not (I think it was at the time the decision was made, but that five years of development and a behemoth MS budget leading up should have been ample time and resources to assure launching in time), missing the XSX launch is definitely a fumble for 343.

Nothing to celebrate for new Halo as we see a new Xbox come into the market is a missed opportunity and a shame. It's up to 343i to make the extra wait worthwhile, and I don't envy them that task. Hopefully a year from now we're all playing Infinite and it's so good we can't even remember all the negativity and the gigantic wait, but they'll never have the chance to make Infinite a ground-shattering killer app launch title again, and that's lamentable.
I agree for the most part.
The last few months of a games development are some of the most crucial. With global lockdowns and working remotely that would have a huge impact on that key development time.

End of the day it is what it is. I can easily wait as long as I need to for the game. It’ll come when it’s ready
A group of 4 of us always get together for every Halo release and game for days! We've done it for a few Halo releases now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3