Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Trailer=opening cinematic

OP Slippery Pnut

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think their points were more that, since it spoils essentially nothing in the plot - other than that it involves MC in space about to fight something and there's a Halo (So basically every Halo game ever) - it's not really a spoiler worth noting. So not a spoiler at all really other than semantically.

If simply seeing a couple minutes of teaser footage - that reveals nothing of key importance in a way that is a definitive spoiler - is a spoiler to you, maybe you shouldn't watch teasers or trailers.
So back to the basics, the only thing I claimed that it is a spoiler in a way that it's part of the final product (not moment to few second cuts of mixed parts for example, a whole part of the game as it apparently will be in the game itself) is shown in the trailer as a whole. So basically I claimed it's technically a spoiler of the game itself.

And that "it's not really a spoiler worth noting. So not a spoiler at all really other than semantically." part admits the technicality while also attempting to dimish something of little matter to something inexistent. So you claim that it is a spoiler that isn't worth noting (could be but just noted it out as one, didn't think technicality in term for the name would become such an issue) while next claiming it's not a spoiler but technically is. The latter part is near contradicting itself though not quite.

So mostly that is agreeing that it's technically a spoiler of the game while simultaneously trying to dimish the term in the context into nonexistense.

And as for whether something is a spoiler that I would note in comment section related to the product itself, depends on the type of the teaser, in this case it was more about showing part of the finalized product which I expressed in a comment in form of disliking such over various different forms of teasers.

And I claim it's still technically a spoiler though importance of it is not so big as quite some people seem to make it be.
So in a way, you seem to be arguing about entirely different thing. Seems like you are claiming it's not that big of a thing (which I agree to, simply expressing dislike of the type of trailer over various other types) while I have stated about it's nature as a spoiler which seems to be the issue to the first repliers to the original comment.

So, what im saying is that it is a spoiler, I dislike the way it was shown but I dont think it's the worlds biggest issue which some repliers seem to assume it is such for me.

So if this is correct then you could think that what is the main point in the post before wasting time on enforcing assumptions that pile over the original point.
I think their points were more that, since it spoils essentially nothing in the plot - other than that it involves MC in space about to fight something and there's a Halo (So basically every Halo game ever) - it's not really a spoiler worth noting. So not a spoiler at all really other than semantically.

If simply seeing a couple minutes of teaser footage - that reveals nothing of key importance in a way that is a definitive spoiler - is a spoiler to you, maybe you shouldn't watch teasers or trailers.

So, what im saying is that it is a spoiler, I dislike the way it was shown but I dont think it's the worlds biggest issue which some repliers seem to assume it is such for me.

Ok. That is clear and concise and makes some sense.

We could argue more over your use of “spoiler” but we probably won’t make any difference...
I hope the trailer isn't the full intro, as it'd be far too abrupt, and wouldn't bridge the gap between Halo 5 and Infinite. Maybe after Chief leaves the Pelican, it'll flash back to a prior date...

I understand wanting to distance themselves from 5, due to it's reception, and doing a soft reboot, but Halo 5 is canon. It should be repaired by Infinite's story, not swept under the rug.
Honestly with how bad that story was sometimes its way better to just sweep it under. Also spartans being able to aim while sprinting is canon... but we all know how that turned out
Good way to start it so long as there's some sort of prologue, even an opening text scene like ODST had would be good if they want a more somber beginning. I hope a little more context is established, but otherwise that's a nice place to kick things off from.
Given that both Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians started with a prologue from Halsey, it's reasonable to assume the case will be the same for Halo: Infinite.

Perhaps she'll discuss Cortana's turn, Chief's return to her, and his new armour. A sort of filler for the three year time jump.
I hope the trailer isn't the full intro, as it'd be far too abrupt, and wouldn't bridge the gap between Halo 5 and Infinite. Maybe after Chief leaves the Pelican, it'll flash back to a prior date...

I understand wanting to distance themselves from 5, due to it's reception, and doing a soft reboot, but Halo 5 is canon. It should be repaired by Infinite's story, not swept under the rug.
Honestly with how bad that story was sometimes its way better to just sweep it under. Also spartans being able to aim while sprinting is canon... but we all know how that turned out
I don't think it was bad in principal. Just very poorly executed. Had Cortana been explained to have the logic plague, or the logical part of her AI self survived, and went a bit nuts without any empathy when she came into contact with the Domain.

Chief going AWOL could have also been done well, but only if no one else yet knew that Cortana was still alive. That way Chief would seem crazy to everyone, and only Blue Team, the closest thing he has to a family, trust him. Even Halsey and Lasky wouldn't be completely sure how he is, and they're the next closest to trusting him, But Palmer would be able to convince Lasky that Osiris need to be sent to find him and Blue Team, because they're the best Spartan IVs on-board Infinity.

Because Halo 5's story is only bad in execution, and not in principal (in my humble opinion), it can still be acknowledged and repaired by Halo: Infinite. Retroactively made better.
A lazy link for those that are interested, around 47 seconds into the video. Interesting way to show part of the story in a trailer. Takes off a bit too much of the freshness and the mystery of the game for my liking. I simply prefer trailers to be something out of the game itself an example of a type of trailer that I can approve which includes marketing. Obviously there have been many more Halo trailers in the past that are more story related, but not in the game itself, one such example is here, which sadly seemed even wasted as simple background for the menu of the game.
Still, both preferable over having section of the game spoiled, before release even.
I wouldn't say it spoiled anything, personally it left a lot more questions. Like who's attacking them or what happened before?
If it's truly a part of the game then dont you think it's spoiling that part of the game? And I dont see why would something not be a spoiler if it raises questions. For example, if a death of an character is spoiled in a for of media then that could raise such questions as to why the character was killed but nevertheless it still remains a spoiler.
The whole point is to avoid the 'false advertisement' scandal they had with Halo 5 by just literally showing us gameplay. C'mon, use yer head.
There are numerous ways to inform of the game instead of showing a cutscene meant to be part of the final product. There are ways between false advertising a game & showing pretty much a finished part of it.
And what we saw in E3 2019 wasn't gameplay, it was combination of different types of cutscenes, parts with different cinematic camera angles & gameplay model based cutscene, likely followed by camera control tutorial (model based cutscene type which was used in Halo 3 for example, you can find the cutscene locations in Halo 3 itself, they are simply hidden).

So Im going to throw the last part right back at you, use your head, in both sections.
The level of pedantic nonsense In this astounding.

You're right, they could've done so. But, the safer option was to show us more gameplay or 'engine footage' as - the whole second paragraph of your comment is based off of my misuse of terminology. So, we're just going to ignore that. As, you state the obvious with no relevance to the argument.
They are playing it safe with this game, no one is arguing that their are ulterior methods of advertising available.
But, its simply idiotic to take umbrage with how they've decided to advertise.

Especially when it makes sense to get as near as possible to showing us what we're going to get without revealing too much. So again, use your head and learn how to argue properly.
A lazy link for those that are interested, around 47 seconds into the video. Interesting way to show part of the story in a trailer. Takes off a bit too much of the freshness and the mystery of the game for my liking. I simply prefer trailers to be something out of the game itself an example of a type of trailer that I can approve which includes marketing. Obviously there have been many more Halo trailers in the past that are more story related, but not in the game itself, one such example is here, which sadly seemed even wasted as simple background for the menu of the game.
Still, both preferable over having section of the game spoiled, before release even.
I wouldn't say it spoiled anything, personally it left a lot more questions. Like who's attacking them or what happened before?
If it's truly a part of the game then dont you think it's spoiling that part of the game? And I dont see why would something not be a spoiler if it raises questions. For example, if a death of an character is spoiled in a for of media then that could raise such questions as to why the character was killed but nevertheless it still remains a spoiler.
The whole point is to avoid the 'false advertisement' scandal they had with Halo 5 by just literally showing us gameplay. C'mon, use yer head.
There are numerous ways to inform of the game instead of showing a cutscene meant to be part of the final product. There are ways between false advertising a game & showing pretty much a finished part of it.
And what we saw in E3 2019 wasn't gameplay, it was combination of different types of cutscenes, parts with different cinematic camera angles & gameplay model based cutscene, likely followed by camera control tutorial (model based cutscene type which was used in Halo 3 for example, you can find the cutscene locations in Halo 3 itself, they are simply hidden).

So Im going to throw the last part right back at you, use your head, in both sections.
The level of pedantic nonsense In this astounding.

You're right, they could've done so. But, the safer option was to show us more gameplay or 'engine footage' as - the whole second paragraph of your comment is based off of my misuse of terminology. So, we're just going to ignore that. As, you state the obvious with no relevance to the argument.
They are playing it safe with this game, no one is arguing that their are ulterior methods of advertising available.
But, its simply idiotic to take umbrage with how they've decided to advertise.

Especially when it makes sense to get as near as possible to showing us what we're going to get without revealing too much. So again, use your head and learn how to argue properly.
Oh the second paragraph definitely was something unrelated to the whole spoilerish nature of the trailer part, but I saw that the misuse of term needed to be adressed likewise as this obsession about trying to dimish something of little value into inexistence.

And im not sure how some repliers make it seem like such a big thing when originally the intention was to express dislike towards this type of trailer format where a whole part of the final product is shown whereas I even put simple examples of trailer types that could be used. So I dont get what makes it such an issue for some that I, personally, dislike some types of trailers.

And whether something makes sense in this case is up to the viewer himself/herself, we saw the engine demo in E3 2018 which basically showed what the engine can do while, with current information, not being part of the finalized product itself.
The rather insignificant problem, that I originally simply pointed out (which caused such umbrage in many people apparently), was that the trailer was apparently part of the game itself which I simply expressed minor dislike of. And the next replies were about whether the right term for what we will see in repetition during the game itself which was revealed in a trailer is technically a spoiler so this too is siderailing since it's losing even the implication in your latest reply that I have held up in previous posts.
It's like you are implying that people cant dislike a form of trailer which is absurd.

So to sum up, I express dislike towards showing part of the finalized product and for that call it a technical spoiler for it will show as repetition in the game instead of "first contact", while also providing links to example types of which could have been used.

And you make it really hard to not use any form of terms that get too personal given that you seem to use personal parts at the end of your each reply in a form that it adds no other value than apparently trying to get more personal, it's like you would be seeking personal argument, obviously correct me if im wrong in that, it simply seems like that.

I don't think it was bad in principal. Just very poorly executed. Had Cortana been explained to have the logic plague, or the logical part of her AI self survived, and went a bit nuts without any empathy when she came into contact with the Domain.

Chief going AWOL could have also been done well, but only if no one else yet knew that Cortana was still alive. That way Chief would seem crazy to everyone, and only Blue Team, the closest thing he has to a family, trust him. Even Halsey and Lasky wouldn't be completely sure how he is, and they're the next closest to trusting him, But Palmer would be able to convince Lasky that Osiris need to be sent to find him and Blue Team, because they're the best Spartan IVs on-board Infinity.

Because Halo 5's story is only bad in execution, and not in principal (in my humble opinion), it can still be acknowledged and repaired by Halo: Infinite. Retroactively made better.
I agree with you about halo 5, halo 5 had a great idea but if was poorly executed. Blue team and Osiris and return of the Arbiter would have been so good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3