Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Treat BTB fairly at launch

OP bluep0inter

With the recent BTB refresh in Halo 5, I think it's important to encourage treating the game type with the respect it deserves. I don't have a problem with the idea of Infinite shipping an upgraded Warzone, but it shouldn't completely take the spotlight for large-scale matches. BTB deserves to be included on release with developer maps and consistent updates, not thrown together as an afterthought. Huge respect to 343 for listening to the Forge community and releasing the refresh for H5, and I really hope they'll give the classic playlist some love going forward.
I agree, BTB is my favourite mode and I hope WZ doesn't take priority over it again. I love both but if I had to only choose one it'd definitely be BTB.
I can understand the concept of Warzone, but I feel it was ultimately created to push the REQ pack system. For Infinite, they need to use Big Team Battle for the large scale encounters and bring back firefight for the PvE scenario. I would love to see a firefight mode that never ends until you die such as ODST.
I agree, BTB is my favourite mode and I hope WZ doesn't take priority over it again. I love both but if I had to only choose one it'd definitely be BTB.
Same here. WZ can be a lot of fun, but it's nowhere near something that I can see completely replacing BTB.
Pluto70 wrote:
I can understand the concept of Warzone, but I feel it was ultimately created to push the REQ pack system. For Infinite, they need to use Big Team Battle for the large scale encounters and bring back firefight for the PvE scenario. I would love to see a firefight mode that never ends until you die such as ODST.
Exactly. Heck, maybe they could even up the player count for it (to Warzone's or even higher) to make things a little more interesting.
With the recent BTB refresh in Halo 5, I think it's important to encourage treating the game type with the respect it deserves. I don't have a problem with the idea of Infinite shipping an upgraded Warzone, but it shouldn't completely take the spotlight for large-scale matches. BTB deserves to be included on release with developer maps and consistent updates, not thrown together as an afterthought. Huge respect to 343 for listening to the Forge community and releasing the refresh for H5, and I really hope they'll give the classic playlist some love going forward.
Agreed, what they should have done is make the 'Warzone' maps playable in BTB. Plus I'm kind of sick of seeing nothing but forge maps because 343i didn't bother with AAA quality maps so be refreshing to see some proper maps in Infinite.
Couldn't agree more. Neglecting BTB in favor of Warzone was possibly their biggest mistake with Halo 5, besides not having split-screen.
Couldn't agree more. Neglecting BTB in favor of Warzone was possibly their biggest mistake with Halo 5, besides not having split-screen.
Super glad that split screen is returning. All we can do for the time being is keep our fingers crossed for a BTB playlist at launch.
Same here. WZ can be a lot of fun, but it's nowhere near something that I can see completely replacing BTB.
Pluto70 wrote:
Exactly. Heck, maybe they could even up the player count for it (to Warzone's or even higher) to make things a little more interesting.
I love survival scenarios. A large scale warzone map with high player count would be great. Make things super sweaty with a surviving player count in the corner too.
Pluto70 wrote:
I love survival scenarios. A large scale warzone map with high player count would be great. Make things super sweaty with a surviving player count in the corner too.
As long as it doesn't play like a battle royale, I'd be totally down with that. Warzone-style sounds cool.
I’d take 3 good BTB maps with full mode support over the entirety of Warzone any day.
I actually think Warzone is a awesome idea. It is one of the greatest ideas to come to multiplayer since gun game. It just was not executed well. Too much pay to win factors. It was pushed so hard for the reqs.
BTB for the win.

But seriously, BTB once had the second highest player count after slayer, 343i put warzone ahead of BTB as it was the new shiny. Which was a shame, for me BTB is Halo multiplayer. If 343i drop the ball again my faith in them will be dead.
I agree btb should be treated with respect and war zone is cool it just seems it was rushed quickly for the reqs
Yeah BTB was one of my favourites to play when I wanted to chill,

But Warzone is a bit irritating with the OP Reqs and try hard power leveling.
I agree. But I don't want to see BTB full of forge maps, it just seems lazy. BTB has always been one of the most popular game modes and deserves the attention with all dev made maps.
I just hope BTB is in the game at launch as a permanent playlist.
BTB is pretty much the only thing most casual players play. Even competitive teams play BTB. Its just a fun playlist. 343 really did ruin BTB with the selection of maps, and making it an afterthought.
same, also good maps for btb and large ones
What happened to Big Team Battle in Halo 5 was a crime. Infinite's BTB must have dev made maps and staple game modes day one.