Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
I know Infinite is in a bit of a controversial state, with no playable Elites, no other huge biomes, no dual-wielding, and the Armor Coating system, but I firmly believe 343 will do things right. Although the features I mentioned above are quite controversial, I believe that it won't impact the quality of the game. I think, with what we've seen so far, Halo Infinite has the possibility to be the best Halo game.
Agree.

The recent drip feed on Inside Infinite has started to rekindle the enthusiasm. Hopefully we are leading into a big E3!

I think the biome controversy is being blown up way out of proportion.

And I'm looking forward to what the armour coatings can bring to the table (and I have zero problem with the concept of microtransactions as a funding model).
I don't think I can leave the skepticism behind when it comes to Infinite, I'm still bitter about coatings & other concerns, but upon release I'll give it a chance and make my conclusions then.
I know Infinite is in a bit of a controversial state, with no playable Elites, no other huge biomes, no dual-wielding, and the Armor Coating system, but I firmly believe 343 will do things right. Although the features I mentioned above are quite controversial, I believe that it won't impact the quality of the game. I think, with what we've seen so far, Halo Infinite has the possibility to be the best Halo game.
Darwi wrote:
Agree.

The recent drip feed on Inside Infinite has started to rekindle the enthusiasm. Hopefully we are leading into a big E3!

I think the biome controversy is being blown up way out of proportion.

And I'm looking forward to what the armour coatings can bring to the table (and I have zero problem with the concept of microtransactions as a funding model).
I am in complete agreement. The armor coatings is the logical step if MP is F2P, dual wielding makes no sense from a balance perspective, playable Elites is a feature I would like to see long term but especially if friendly Elites don't appear prominently in campaign I can understand it being deprioritised especially when so many people are so against it.

And yes the biomes have been blown entirely out of proportion and is a casr of people wanting everything all at once. It's a 10 year game!
I don’t trust 343. I trust the competence of the sandbox lead like Quinn Delhoyo, head of creative Joseph Staten, I put trust in the art designers for the aesthetics and overall look, like the brilliant work Isaac Hannaford has brought to GEN 3, and those who brilliantly described their design principles for the music and sound department to do a good job, such as those who introduced themselves last Inside Infinite.

People should be trusted, not the product. Deifying a company can only lead to confusion and conflict among those they entertain.
I can't trust 343i at this point. The demo was awful and yes, the updates have been excellent and they've provided good info imo. I don't mind the armour coatings either, I do mind that they have replaced our colour system. As things stand it appears they're going to monetise colours, I smell a rat with the armour coatings. I need all the info, because all I see at this point is an egregious way to monetise our colours.
eviltedi wrote:
As things stand it appears they're going to monetise colours, I smell a rat with the armour coatings. I need all the info, because all I see at this point is an egregious way to monetise our colours.
Once you accept that they have to monetise something (free to play, need to fund DLC and servers etc) - then something has got to give.

Nobody wants pay to win... so it has to be something aesthetic.

I guess it comes down to armour or colour... and really, coatings is the logical answer. It's something people are willing to pay for. It's something people are probably happy to own more than one of. And it's something they can do a lot with; different combos, sports and movie tie ins, dynamic effects etc.
Darwi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
As things stand it appears they're going to monetise colours, I smell a rat with the armour coatings. I need all the info, because all I see at this point is an egregious way to monetise our colours.
Once you accept that they have to monetise something (free to play, need to fund DLC and servers etc) - then something has got to give.

I guess it comes down to armour or colour... and really, coatings is the logical answer.
You missed my point. I have zero issues with coatings and micro transactions. I'm actually ok with it, but not at the cost of our original colours. I see no reason to separate them. I want to know how I get my favourite colours, from the coatings we've seen I like none so far. There is a lot of questions that need addressed on this imo.
Since Halo 3: ODST we have stopped wielding two weapons. Decision that was maintained in Halo Reach at the request of competitive players. I do not see fair to associate the lack of the ability to wield two weapons with 343 Industries.

I will always keep saying the same thing. The gameplay should have been separated from the campaign mode, with the multiplayer mode. In this way we could have kept the ability to wield two weapons, with the possibility of having a better balance in multiplayer.
eviltedi wrote:
Darwi wrote:
eviltedi wrote:

I guess it comes down to armour or colour... and really, coatings is the logical answer.
You missed my point. I have zero issues with coatings and micro transactions. I'm actually ok with it, but not at the cost of our original colours. I see no reason to separate them. I want to know how I get my favourite colours, from the coatings we've seen I like none so far. There is a lot of questions that need addressed on this imo.
If people use their own colours - there is less incentive to buy more coatings... and I don't get my server time paid for. :)

What colours are you hoping for?

Mine are brown and gold (go Hawks) - so I'm not holding much hope for that combination to be available on day one. :(
Since Halo 3: ODST we have stopped wielding two weapons. Decision that was maintained in Halo Reach at the request of competitive players.
This is why we can't have nice things. The sweats strike again.
Since Halo 3: ODST we have stopped wielding two weapons. Decision that was maintained in Halo Reach at the request of competitive players.
This is why we can't have nice things. The sweats strike again.
What did the 'sweats' have to do with it?

I would have thought it was more along the lines of anyone who;
a) appreciated a balanced weapon sandbox (ie. not having weapons nerfed just so you were forced to DW them).
b) prefers a consistent sandbox across Campaign and Multiplayer.

I am far from a sweat... but would only want DW to return if they can fit it into points a) and b).
I don’t even care about Elites, dual wielding or armor coatings but still don’t trust 343. I‘m a big fan 2nd and 3rd chances but at some point you just need start being a little carefull...
I don’t even care about Elites, dual wielding or armor coatings but still don’t trust 343. I‘m a big fan 2nd and 3rd chances but at some point you just need start being a little carefull...
Isn't Halo Infinite their 3rd game / chance?

So no need to start being too careful... you're a fan!
Darwi wrote:
Depends on which games you count. If you either exclude MCC (as it wasn't a new game but merely a re-release) or include the spinoffs (Spartan-games and Halo Wars 2), then they either haven't reached their third try yet or made some decent games in between the failures. YMMV depending on what part of the Halo franchise is relevant to you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Like anything else. I'll wait to play the game before I make any final judgments.
I think, with what we've seen so far, Halo Infinite has the possibility to be the best Halo game.
Based on what?

We've seen some awkward graphics, some screenshots of improved graphics. A sandbox thats been changed with uncertain results and what seems to be an open world with the open world features left out.
Darwi wrote:
How bout scrapping the free MP and just have people buy the game?

Darwi wrote:
sports and movie tie ins
Yeaaah, pay to advertise someone elses product!

Darwi wrote:
If people use their own colours - there is less incentive to buy more coatings... and I don't get my server time paid for. :)
So we're stuck with inferior features to past games because you dont want to pay. Yay.
Darwi wrote:

So no need to start being too careful... you're a fan!
1. chance: H4
2. chance: MCC
3. chance: H5
Being a fan should make you passionate and, yes, forgiving to some degree but it should not make you stupid...I‘m interested on Halo shooters, 343 released three games. Each was a disappointment be it for their design choices or their sloppy development/QC
Don’t count your chickens 🐓 before they hatch. Frankie already said fans should temper their expectations. I think Infinite will probably be 343’s best Halo game they’ve made, certainly over H4 and H5. I still have a healthy skepticism (as we all should), and am waiting on E3/multiplayer reveal to decide further.
Personally I'm not interested in the Halo Infinite multiplayer. The gameplay I imagine will largely be like that of Halo 5. I get games are trending in that direction. However, I suppose if there is a healthy blend of Halo 5 and a Halo 3 multiplayer experience then I guess I could get on board.

However I truly want the campaign to be good. Like some I'm still skeptical.
The delay has given me hope and bringing back Joseph (that's his name yeah?) from the Bungie days has boosted my optimism, but I'm still being cautious.

Thank goodness Masterchief will be the focus. That's where the ball was majorly dropped in H5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6