Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Warden Eternal: do you want him in Infinite?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
If they can find a way to bring him in to the story naturally, then I’d be fine with it. Though I wasn’t a fan of bullet sponge boss fights. I’d prefer him to have more scripted animations and to move around the map in interesting ways, I mean come on he’s like 12 feet tall!
I really think He was a good idea but poorly implemented. He was overused. If they use him like once or twice in campaign it may be fine but he needs to be less of a suck up to Cortona
I would only like to see him meet Abaddon, the original keeper of the Domain, although anything precursor related seems gone now (except the flood).
No, Warden's career is over, there is no bringing him back.
Rxcluze wrote:
No, Warden's career is over, there is no bringing him back.
What makes you say that? Do you think he was that hated by the comunity and critics?
I don't want him to come back cuz he isn't a good character obviously.
He is just this random boss looking ennemy with -Yoink-tons of HP that slow your game speed to make the game last longer and it's frustrating, especially when the game is already bad enough you don't want to play it anymore.
And it's even worse in Legendary.

If the Warden does come back in H6, I really wish he is written better than in H5 and that he as a better role than "Hello, I am Boss, I'm very annoying and badly-written and will slow down your pace and fun cuz Dev don't want you to finish the not so great campaign too quickly"
YukiryuFR wrote:
I don't want him to come back cuz he isn't a good character obviously.
He is just this random boss looking ennemy with -Yoink-tons of HP that slow your game speed to make the game last longer and it's frustrating, especially when the game is already bad enough you don't want to play it anymore.
And it's even worse in Legendary.

If the Warden does come back in H6, I really wish he is written better than in H5 and that he as a better role than "Hello, I am Boss, I'm very annoying and badly-written and will slow down your pace and fun cuz Dev don't want you to finish the not so great campaign too quickly"
Oh Lordy, it’s like the devil on legendary. I’ve tried it before and it really is that hard but I have different opinions for why he should and should not come back in infinite
If it is to tie up loose ends sure, but otherwise I cant see him being a boss really based on legendary endings...
No he would have to be done pretty different. Like seriously, if he does return make that fight more unique than him being a bullet sponge.
He needs to go but not just killed off. I feel like he deserves a decent death.

Midway through the game you're at wherever his core is that let's him control so many bodies or something. Exuberant witness is there shutting it down awhile you defend her. When she shuts it down all the bodies Warden had drop dead except one. Fight continues. Suddenly sentinels with purple lights come out and start lasering warden and exuberant is shouting "you took my planet, you took my home from me" or something and then all the sentinels surround Warden. Exuberant calmly says fire and Warden is blasted by beams of death and his head melts. Idk I like exuberant witness and I want her to play a small role in wardens death
I don’t think anybody care about the warden eternal presence
Yes, but as a vehicle. He was horrible as a boss.
Hell no, he's the most annoying enemy in all of Halo. Remove all mention of him from Infinite and keep away from the stench of the terrible Hallo 5 campaign.
I don't necessarily want him. I like his design and how he's a boss fight, but I just didn't care about this character. If you played Halo 5's story, then you would know what I mean.
If he no longer remains the repetitive boss that just exists to artificially extend the playtime sure. He also needs to have an actual purpose in the story and; in my opinion, have a visual rework. I'm just of the opinion that Promethian-esque enemies would be cooler if they were reminiscent of the old Forerunner art style. So actually rigid, angular like old Forerunner architecture, and look ancient. Not like somebody cleans him every day.
Absolutely not, terrible boss(es) and terrible character. Really has no point when it comes to the story Infinite needs to tell, and they should distance themselves from H5G's campaign as much as possible
No, if so they need to do that fight much better.
As long as it's not overused, has some reason to be there and can be defeated in interesting and tactical ways, why not?
As a boss: only in Warzone. In campaign just as a character we don't get to fight again. His battles in H5 just messed up the flow of the game. One of the biggest flaws in that game if you ask me.
x Daek wrote:
I dont want to see anything promethean related in any future Halo Installment, so -> no.
100% yes.

However, I wouldn't mind if the Michael Bay era Transformers look-a-likes aka the 'Prometheans' returned in the form of industrial ovens to melt Sarah Palmer and the other 343i characters away. It could be the opening level called "We Are Sorry!"
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3