Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Warthog Gas tanks?

OP iitz ANONYMOUS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Will 343 ever get rid of those? Doesnt make much sense to hang 4 hydrogen (extremely flammable) target spots on the back of your truck thats is knowingly going to get shot at.

Also doesnt look as clean as the original warthog.

Edit: The warthog does not run on water.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Of all the craziness and zany aspects of the UNSC arsenal...you pick the hydrogen cans?

I personally don't see anything wrong with them. I like little details.
Of all the craziness and zany aspects of the UNSC arsenal...you pick the hydrogen cans?

I personally don't see anything wrong with them. I like little details.
So in the future... you think theyre going to put FOUR cans of something that is 10x more flammable than gasoline on the back of a truck that is supposed to get shot at?

Also it doesnt look good
It is kinda stupid that they added them, as fuel has never been a vehicular aspect in halo, and the warthog just looks cleaner without the gas tanks.
There are games today where sprinting doesnt happen. Plus the advancements made in halo 2 and 3 still surpass the setbacks of halo reach 4 and 5. The core mechanics can stay the same AND there can be improvements that bring it up to today's standard. Literally changing a fov makes games feel faster without adding sprint.

Nobody wants an old halo game. We want a halo that builds upon the core gameplay. Not an entirely different playstyle that doesnt play like halo
My understanding of the way the warthog works is that it separates hydrogen and oxygen from water. Then it recombines them in the internal combustion engine for explosive force resulting in water vapor for exhaust. That would mean those red cans on the back are full of water. Nice to know the UNSC is environmentally conscious while blowing up halo rings. ;-)

Oh, and I kinda like the red cans.
I personally love how the new hogs look. But I do prefer how the classic hogs. Pedal to the metal
My understanding of the way the warthog works is that it separates hydrogen and oxygen from water. Then it recombines them in the internal combustion engine for explosive force resulting in water vapor for exhaust. That would mean those red cans on the back are full of water. Nice to know the UNSC is environmentally conscious while blowing up halo rings. ;-)

Theyre uneccesary clutter. Just like 343's attempted halo artstyle. If they're going back to classic they should use the classic hog.

This was always my understanding also-- I personally thought the idea was pretty cool! And I've never had a problem with the visual of the fuel canisters being present on the Hogs; it is technically more visible noise for the design, but it doesn't go overboard into overdesigned territory IMO and also is a practical element.

Only real headscratcher for me is why they'd be carrying water in red jerry cans- my understanding for the real-world precedent for red gas cans is to make sure there's a clear visual warning element concerning the volatility/toxicity of the contents (Gasoline). I can't think of a great reason for the UNSC to continue that archaic tradition when they're only toting water around- the cans do throw a wrench into the presumably low-profile OD design of the Hog.

I'm nitpicking; in any event, I can think of about a thousand more things that the H4-5 art direction did that I find insanely more ridiculous, busy, and confusing than the cans on the Hogs.

Exactly those cans on the back of the warthog would never explode because the warthog runs on water. so those tanks are using the same fuel that you use to hydrate your own body.
Lt Ankia wrote:

Exactly those cans on the back of the warthog would never explode because the warthog runs on water. so those tanks are using the same fuel that you use to hydrate your own body.
The warthog runs on hydrogen gas
Lt Ankia wrote:

The warthog runs on hydrogen gas
The Warthog features a Graf/Hauptman solar/saline actuator, which is capable of converting up to twelve liters of fresh, brackish or salt water into hydrogen on the fly. Those cans are filled with water as i said..
Delete copy
Will 343 ever get rid of those? Doesnt make much sense to hang 4 hydrogen (extremely flammable) target spots on the back of your truck thats is knowingly going to get shot at.

The Warthog features a Graf/Hauptman solar/saline actuator, which is capable of converting up to twelve liters of fresh, brackish or salt water into hydrogen on the fly. The warthog does run on water.. and those gas tanks on the back are filled with it. They would never explode.
Lt Ankia wrote:

The Warthog features a Graf/Hauptman solar/saline actuator, which is capable of converting up to twelve liters of fresh, brackish or salt water into hydrogen on the fly. The warthog does run on water.. and those gas tanks on the back are filled with it. They would never explode.
Just a link to back up your argument. Always include links where you can. Although to be fair I think it's not exclusively water, some tanks could be straight up hydrogen.

Another thing to note is that Halo's vehicles have never been particularly practical.
  • The Scorpion is an abomination of a tank, which would be easily detectable and quickly bombarded. Also why is the engine that exposed?
  • The Mongoose is freakishly huge, to fit a Spartan.
  • The hornet. (the hornet).
  • Where are the life support systems on the pelican?!?!
  • Big spaceships are literally flying guns.
  • The Pillar of Autumn is literally held together by a bridge in Halo CE (Think about where Echo-419 tries to pick you up in the Warthog run).
  • Why does the Mantis even exist?
You get my point. Practicality < The rule of cool.
Lt Ankia wrote:

You hit the nail on the head with that one. The Scorpion is cool, the Hornet is cool, the giant flying rifles are cool. If it's cool then it should be in Halo. We don't need too much realism in a game with advanced alien races that can traverse the entire galaxy using multidimensional space and weapons that shoot mini suns that melt armor and petrify the ground.

Sci-fi is all about ridiculous and cool technology that is rooted in real science. That means there's some science, but a lot of fiction. And that's why I love this genre. You wanna walk upright in a ship floating through vacuum? Boom... artificial gravity. You want to fly across the galaxy in a few weeks? Boom... slipspace. You want to be a giant green space virgin that kills aliens like it's going out of style? Boom... Master Chief.
You hit the nail on the head with that one. The Scorpion is cool, the Hornet is cool, the giant flying rifles are cool. If it's cool then it should be in Halo. We don't need too much realism in a game with advanced alien races that can traverse the entire galaxy using multidimensional space and weapons that shoot mini suns that melt armor and petrify the ground.

Sci-fi is all about ridiculous and cool technology that is rooted in real science. That means there's some science, but a lot of fiction. And that's why I love this genre. You wanna walk upright in a ship floating through vacuum? Boom... artificial gravity. You want to fly across the galaxy in a few weeks? Boom... slipspace. You want to be a giant green space virgin that kills aliens like it's going out of style? Boom... Master Chief.
My friend. That was poetry. I do want to be a giant green space virgin that kills aliens like its going out of style!

Sci-Fi is best genre.
Lt Ankia wrote:

Just a link to back up your argument. Always include links where you can. Although to be fair I think it's not exclusively water, some tanks could be straight up hydrogen.

Another thing to note is that Halo's vehicles have never been particularly practical.
  • The Scorpion is an abomination of a tank, which would be easily detectable and quickly bombarded. Also why is the engine that exposed?
  • The Pillar of Autumn is literally held together by a bridge in Halo CE (Think about where Echo-419 tries to pick you up in the Warthog run).
That link says twice that it runs on hydrogen
Lt Ankia wrote:

That link says twice that it runs on hydrogen
Also says water, that's why I said it runs on both.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2