OP Hella Hot Trash

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Spartan Locke was one of the best characters to ever be introduced to the franchise. In fact, he may be one of the best characters ever put in a game period. I'm really hoping they include more missions with Locke in Infinite. Who's with me?
Hey, Bud... are you high!? Spartan Locke doesn't come anywhere even close to being one of the best characters ever put in a video game. And further more, we were given plenty of him in Halo 5's campaign, and we all know how that turned out. Honestly, I'd wager that the Thirsty Grunt from Halo: Combat Evolved's final level, The Maw, was a better character than Locke.
The only thing good about Spartan Locke is that he is portrayed by Mike Colter. His backstory is nice but it doesn't come close to Chief's.
Spartan Locke was one of the best characters to ever be introduced to the franchise. In fact, he may be one of the best characters ever put in a game period. I'm really hoping they include more missions with Locke in Infinite. Who's with me?
What the hell is wrong with you? He literally attempted to screw with the chief and take his spot. He even tried assassinating the arbiter who were very cool. M8 you need to go to a hospital and fix that brain. Locke should be dead. Chief is the master here
EE Hoff wrote:
The only thing good about Spartan Locke is that he is portrayed by Mike Colter. His backstory is nice but it doesn't come close to Chief's.
personally liked the voice acting by ike amadi

and in general, locke is a good leader of Osiris. Everyone in halo 5 lacks character so i wouldn't say that locke is the only one who is boring. if they bring him back, he could be part of fun side missions where you can switch among different characters. this would be different from the main levels where you just play as chief
I have to say I obviously, like most people want Master Chief to be the main focus of Halo Infinite's story because for reasons I do not have to explain. But in all honesty unlike what people say, Spartan Locke isn't necessarily a bad character design but rather just a subject of bad writing. I feel like if these problems were handled correctly Locke could be a very compelling character.
I rather want Armor Lock than actual Locke to return.
All we need is blue team. Locke should die in The first mission NO ONE PUNCHES CHIEF
When I read this I immediately thought this was sarcasm but if you truly love Locke so much can you tell us why? Maybe there’s something I missed that can make me like him more.

Im stoked on infinite being chief centric but I wouldn’t mind a co-op playable character.
I rather want Armor Lock than actual Locke to return.
I don't know how to take this lol
While I do agree that locke was a good charachter. And played a pivotal part in halo 5. The thing is I realy dont want to be playing as locke. Halo 5 gave us enough of locke. We literaly had 8 missons to play as him and very little missions as chief. So suffice to say id rather not have chief sidelined agian
Locke was a good protagonist in H5 IMO. He had a great voice actor and a good personality. Hope to see more of him in the future.
While I do agree that locke was a good charachter. And played a pivotal part in halo 5. The thing is I realy dont want to be playing as locke. Halo 5 gave us enough of locke. We literaly had 8 missons to play as him and very little missions as chief. So suffice to say id rather not have chief sidelined agian
9 actually
my reply would be the OP's name
my reply would be the OP's name
Your response is hella hot trash?

But OT, I would be disappointed to not see Locke at all in Infinite. After all he is a main character in 5 and frankly I would be annoyed to have him be “Jul’d”. Keep him in as a side character doing missions off somewhere else in the ring or something.
As far as Spartan Locke goes, I really enjoy his potential as well. I watched Nightfall before playing Halo 5 and have played through Halo 5 twice on top of watching the cutscenes on YouTube countless times. He has a history that would make for compelling games should they be fleshed out. There is one problem (not really) in that, however:

The game types would be different.

Halo has broken from the FPS genre several times, yes, but Locke's history speaks to a more Splinter Cell vein rather than RTS or a twin stick shooter. Honestly, I was hoping they would go that route with him in Halo 5 rather than co-op shooter. He's a former(?) ONI Fixer. His job was literally to assassinate high-value targets and sneak away without being spotted. He was/is Halo's Agent 47/Snake/Sam Fisher. What this history, as well as the podcast #HuntTheTruth, had me buying into for Halo 5 was a mystery thriller story where we have to unravel what Chief is doing in a game with a setup similar to Halo 2: playing as Locke for most of the game but having a few missions as Chief to see his side of things. The game we got, while vastly different, didn't deter from his potential.

We could have a spinoff not dissimilar to ODST in terms of gameplay with a more covert story. Locke is sent in to take out a Covenant cell on Sangheili with the Arbiter or something. It would allow for a more mainstream look at what he does when he's not being sent to arrest Spartans.
And if we can't have games, I'd love some books on his ONI days.
Arby(aka thel Vadam) should have more importance to this game than Locke does. He’s a great and dynamic character that people like, where as locke who some like(for reasons I can’t fathom) and would be fine if he tripped at the start of the campaign and got crushed by a scarab(or even better, wasn’t in the game at all).
Hey, Bud... are you high!? Spartan Locke doesn't come anywhere even close to being one of the best characters ever put in a video game. And further more, we were given plenty of him in Halo 5's campaign, and we all know how that turned out. Honestly, I'd wager that the Thirsty Grunt from Halo: Combat Evolved's final level, The Maw, was a better character than Locke.
I second this. Also, thirsty grunt should return in halo infinite(with Joseph staten to reprise the roll).
I wouldn't mind more Locke, but only if they made him a more interesting character. He had potential, but H5 didn't utilize it very well.
Vlexis wrote:
I wouldn't mind more Locke, but only if they made him a more interesting character. He had potential, but H5 didn't utilize it very well.
This. Locke was boring to his bones. The only interesting part of the character was the amazing voice actor. Sadly I can't say the same thing about how he was written! 🙈

Than again, that was a problem with H5 in general. Maybe a writer on the level of Staten could do wonders with him.
If I recall correctly, 343 has confirmed that it will be a Chief-centric story. Perhaps Locke will be included as a side character, but he won't be playable (unless they do a Halo 3 style co-op where Locke is the second player)
I’d be ok with this. 2 from blue 2 from Osiris though I wish they would just have player 1 MC and the other 3 our Spartans
Actually, it would be nice if players 2-4 could chose any one of either Osiris or Blue Team. Want a team comprised of Buck, Linda, and Fred? Or maybe Vale, Kelly, and Tanaka? Hell, Maybe you fancy Locke, Vale, and Fred! Your choice! :D
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5