2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 40
This seems to be a universally-disliked decision by 343. I honestly can't see them keeping their proposed system with how much backlash they are getting.
sniper945 wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
Here we are with still no confirmation or any content of substance to address any of these concerns.

there is literally, absolutely, no point in being so ridiculously vague and not answering questions or concerns. Like man I really want to be excited for infinite, I really want to see the sense in what they’ve done and be proven wrong that it’s indeed the best choice. But so far we have been told NOTHING. Tell us bloody something, how hard is it to do. They shouldn’t even have said their initial message. Now it seems they want to annoy their fans. That’s the only explanation. If that isn’t the case they would have answered properly by now.
Unfortunately I think they need to confirm with the higher ups any info they reveal to us. It's going to take a little time for them to prepare any info to show us.
I understand that, bud sadly it has taken us months to get this and I fear it will be another couple of months before we get any more elaboration. We are at a point where we are near the initial launch date at the game and still haven’t even been told estimated road maps. In my mind it’s a 30minute meeting with a higher up that outlines “here is how we alleviate concerns for the time being”, but I’m just at a loss for words. I expected maybe some follow up and hour or two after the announcement. But I’m sure we will face silence for a fair while again.
I think that's where persistence on our end is key. Requesting them to have some sort of reform in their information dispensing department (That sure is a name I came up with) is going to be necessary in the next coming weeks. I'm sure they're getting plenty of people messaging them left and right on this, so let's just keep discussing it and show we have interest.

Despite the fact that a lot of the time we think they aren't listening because of silence, they probably have a very expansive list on all of our complaints over the years. Not that I can say that for sure, but I can't believe for a second everyone at that company would be ignorant to our demands / complaints / requests / idea's.
I agree with you definitely

I just know the last time we thought we weren’t being listened to was split screen and we know they didn’t change that. Not to say this isn’t the same thing but I think I’m just over empty promises or the idea something should launch sub par / broken and fix or apologise later.

like I keep saying I hope I’m wrong. I hope that the coatings are better than the old system and gives us the ability to choose what we wish and in some cases pick the exact same colour schemes we have chosen in past games. Just the way they are currently messaging us it’s not giving confidence.
John9895 wrote:
This seems to be a universaly-disliked decision by 343. I honestly can't see them keeping their proposed system with how much backlash they are getting.
Wanna bet?
343 Doesn't seem to understand that adding something that MIGHT be good, is bad when you remove something that is PROVEN to be good. At best you have a net zero. Just like with the "Flood" mode in Halo 4, and the entire customization system in Halo 5. Hell, it wasn't even until recently they fixed the customization in MCC, well besides Halo 4.
John9895 wrote:
This seems to be a universaly-disliked decision by 343. I honestly can't see them keeping their proposed system with how much backlash they are getting.
Wanna bet?
If EA (arguably the scummiest company in the gaming industry) can be pressured into changing Battlefront 2's entire progression system, I'm sure that Halo fans can band together and convince 343/Microsoft to give us the customization options that we want.
343 Doesn't seem to understand that adding something that MIGHT be good, is bad when you remove something that is PROVEN to be good. at best you have a net zero. Just like with the "Flood" mode in Halo 4, and the entire customization system in Halo 5. Hell, it wasn't even until recently they fixed the customization in MCC, well besides Halo 4.
They don’t seem to understand how to even announce information.
They think this is positive; giving us 1/5th of the information, mainly composing of just the negatives, will somehow inform and excite their players because everyone knows that to show more expression, you take it away.... Huh?
John9895 wrote:
John9895 wrote:
Wanna bet?
If EA (arguably the scummiest company in the gaming industry) can be pressured into changing Battlefront 2's entire progression system, I'm sure that Halo fans can band together and convince 343/Microsoft to give us the customization options that we want.
The most they can do, is change the entire system to allow us to customize ourselves and retain optional purchases for more skins (that's all this is, really). They've already got deals in place with companies like Monster, so getting rid of the system is a no-go.

It's possible for them to allow us to customize ourselves, they basically just need to rewrite it to allow us to do it. Someone did some sleuth work over on Reddit to prove that it is possible, just not with the way 343 alleges they're currently doing it. 343 is basically lying to us, and probably hoping that the community doesn't notice.

We noticed.
John9895 wrote:
This seems to be a universally-disliked decision by 343. I honestly can't see them keeping their proposed system with how much backlash they are getting.
You'd think that, but I think its more likely that they just wait till the flames die down and continue onward with this system.
I guess with this announcement there's no reason why they can't hook up h5 players who hit 152 with their own unique armour
Delta5931 wrote:
John9895 wrote:
John9895 wrote:
Wanna bet?
The most they can do, is change the entire system to allow us to customize ourselves and retain optional purchases for more skins (that's all this is, really). They've already got deals in place with companies like Monster, so getting rid of the system is a no-go.

It's possible for them to allow us to customize ourselves, they basically just need to rewrite it to allow us to do it. Someone did some sleuth work over on Reddit to prove that it is possible, just not with the way 343 alleges they're currently doing it. 343 is basically lying to us, and probably hoping that the community doesn't notice.

We noticed.
They honestly don’t have to change anything. Just add the basic armor selection color wheel back in. Primary and secondary colors and the under suit (if they are really feeling froggy). Then release these coatings as they would any other weapon skin or vehicle skin. They don’t have to change the coating system at all or effect any marketing. The coatings should have been an additional feature...not addition by subtraction like they have done in this case. You earn the coatings the same as you would any other time and if you come across one you like then wah-lah...343i will be praised for It. They could even “spin it” as we listened to you and we agreed...this furthers their whole
idea of getting back to the roots with Infinite.
Just realized something. The Pringles promo gives you a green belt. So, if accessories are anything like armor coatings, they'll have their own baked-in color and texture. So, they're basically planning on reskinning accessories and selling them individually in packs or battlepasses/lootboxes, or whatever. So, not only are you looking for an armor coating you find pleasing, you'll have to buy accessories that match the colors of that coating, otherwise you'll have the GameStop red/black coating with a bright--Yoink- green belt. Holy hell.
Just realized something. The Pringles promo gives you a green belt. So, if accessories are anything like armor coatings, they'll have their own baked-in color and texture. So, they're basically planning on reskinning accessories and selling them individually in packs or battlepasses/lootboxes, or whatever. So, not only are you looking for an armor coating you find pleasing, you'll have to buy accessories that match the colors of that coating, otherwise you'll have the GameStop red/black coating with a bright--Yoink- green belt. Holy hell.
You’re kidding me right? I haven’t heard of this promo. Next armor will be paywalled like this 🤦🏻‍♂️
Just another thing in a long list of disappointments. I want to be hyped about this game so badly, but it seems like every time we get a small morsel of information, it’s a let down. Maybe the customization won’t suffer too much, but I think it’s clear that this is only an issue so that the monetization system can be stretched to its limit
Delta5931 wrote:
John9895 wrote:
John9895 wrote:
Wanna bet?

We noticed.
They honestly don’t have to change anything. Just add the basic armor selection color wheel back in. Primary and secondary colors and the under suit (if they are really feeling froggy). Then release these coatings as they would any other weapon skin or vehicle skin. They don’t have to change the coating system at all or effect any marketing. The coatings should have been an additional feature...not addition by subtraction like they have done in this case. You earn the coatings the same as you would any other time and if you come across one you like then wah-lah...343i will be praised for It. They could even “spin it” as we listened to you and we agreed...this furthers their whole
idea of getting back to the roots with Infinite.
" you really can't change the colors of the existing coatings 343 has already made, because they just baked the whole skin into a single texture per channel. But I do have a solution. There is literally no reason they couldn't give us a single super basic coating that's set up from the beginning to allow us to customize our colors. Choosing colors for the existing coatings they've already made would require a lot of man hours, but except for designing the UI, giving us back basic primary/secondary colors probably wouldn't take much longer than adding a single coating would."

This is a quote from the Reddit post that I was referring to. It's not as easy as "Just make this change" because of 343's either incompetence or to create a malicious reason why they can't make the change as easily as flicking a button. They'd basically have to rework the system in order for it to work, according to the Reddit post in question. This post also had various pictoral examples of them using a program to replicate 343's method and then changing a color. It also depends on whether coating system is the only one they designed for color customization, which seems likely given 343's lack of foresight for basically everything else.

So there is a way to fix it, but 343's gross incompetence in literally everything they do has lead us to this problem.
Spartans aren’t weapon’s but people in armor why the heck are we literally applying color skins onto them as if they were a gun, this literally just removes individualism and the freedom of choice to be what ever color we want a spartan to be. There are so many other free games that have so much to them and guess what they have multiple color palettes Warframe being one of these games and now it’s moved onto console after many years into its release in 2013 and the company isn’t even a triple A company either, so there really isn’t an excuse at all at this point, and Bungie is even paying a price for making Destiny 2 free to play especially with how they are vaulting a lot of content after beyond light comes out. Its gone from “we listen to our fans” to “we listen but we flip what you wanted onto it’s head like a Genie”
Naqser wrote:
If they're not for Microtransactions, then it's extremely odd that they're supposidely as limited as they are in terms of color customization.
Even if they are for MTX, there will OBVIOUSLY ones that can be earned through playing the game. Like am I the only who realizes that? They're not gonna lock EVERY SINGLE coating behind a price tag. How do I know? Because literally every game that has MTX has similar items that can also be EARNED.

Even Destiny 2, (a game I heavily play), a game that everyone is comparing this new system to even though nobody has any understanding of how Destiny works, has shaders that can be unlocked by playing the game. In my Shaders tab there's a "Activities" section where it shows me Shaders and what activities they come from: https://imgur.com/a/dXjym52. Yes, Destiny 2 also has Shaders that can be bought, but my point is even if you can buy Shaders there are still others that can only be earned from playing the game.
John9895 wrote:
John9895 wrote:
Wanna bet?
We couldn't get the Falcon or Hornet in H5.
summon wrote:
Naqser wrote:
If they're not for Microtransactions, then it's extremely odd that they're supposidely as limited as they are in terms of color customization.
Even if they are for MTX, there will OBVIOUSLY ones that can be earned through playing the game. Like am I the only who realizes that? They're not gonna lock EVERY SINGLE coating behind a price tag. How do I know? Because literally every game that has MTX has similar items that can also be EARNED.

Even Destiny 2, (a game I heavily play), a game that everyone is comparing this new system to even though nobody has any understanding of how Destiny works, has shaders that can be unlocked by playing the game. In my Shaders tab there's a "Activities" section where it shows me Shaders and what activities they come from: https://imgur.com/a/dXjym52. Yes, Destiny 2 also has Shaders that can be bought, but my point is even if you can buy Shaders there are still others that can only be earned from playing the game.
What if the one I want is premium?
summon wrote:
Naqser wrote:

Even then though, the destiny 2 shader system is a 3/10 system at best. Spent 3 hours last night with my usual group trying to decide on a colour scheme and we simply couldn’t find one everyone had, and the combination of colours is the opposite way around of what we want. It’s just dumb, god shaders are a poor system.
What if the one I want is premium?
Then you find something else that's not premium. What, you NEED to have that specific one? I've bought stuff in Destiny 2 with real money but a shader has never been one of them, I'll go find something else.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 40