Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

We want more info on "armor coating".

OP Zakspeeeed

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 35
summon wrote:
What if the one I want is premium?
Then you find something else that's not premium. What, you NEED to have that specific one? I've bought stuff in Destiny 2 with real money but a shader has never been one of them, I'll go find something else.
You guys defending this are baffling.

Like check it out; you *know* the main point is removal of player freedom - an old feature gone for no tangible reason. I'm like 'hey what if I want something I could have had for free in the old system' and you say "find something else".

Seriously this is a next level, almost a parody of this kind of controversy.
A lot of people are up in arms about shaders. I'm not terribly keen on the idea, definitely not screaming and shouting about it, but I'm definitely worried about how it will be implemented.

I'm mostly concerned with how it will work in terms of online connectivity. I clearly remember one of the biggest annoyances I found with Halo 5's (bloated) REQ system was the 'spinning wheel of Retrieving Data doom'. I'd hate to think of a system with potentially thousands of free and paid shaders that fail to load every time I try to access the customisation menu.

Guess we'll have to wait for more info but until then, colour me concerned... or shader me... or something. :/
summon wrote:
What if the one I want is premium?
Then you find something else that's not premium. What, you NEED to have that specific one? I've bought stuff in Destiny 2 with real money but a shader has never been one of them, I'll go find something else.
What if it was the color scheme that he may have been using for the past 16 years? Armor customization is a huge part to many people in Halo. One of the first things I always do before touching anything else is get my colors set for my Spartan, now I don't have the option I've been able to have for the past 10+ years. The shader system in Destiny is one of the biggest letdowns of that game, especially in 2 with single use shaders, which I seriously hope Infinite does not have.
TheDonCJG wrote:
John9895 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised that more people didn't see this coming. Free to play multiplayer means heavy monetization; they have to make money somehow. Just keep making your voice heard and hope that 343 listens and implements a hybrid system like this.
Considering 343i have said there won’t be RANDOM loot boxes in the game I would assume that in game purchases will be directly for items you know you want. That’s fine by me as long as these types of things can be earned through regular progression too.

I don’t think this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be, at least so far. Though I do understand the upset.
They have not said there will be no RANDOM loot boxes, unless they announced it recently and I've missed it. They stated there would be no PAID loot boxes. Halo Intinite could still have random drops.

I think it could be a bad thing, and until 343i clarify it the community will assume it's bad and I agree. In fact I've rarely seen such a large percentage of us agreeing. What benefits are there from removing our traditional colour system ?

Sure. Halo Infinite's multiplayer is free to play and I expected some unlocks and micro transactions, but I didn't expect the basic colour system to be replaced.
summon wrote:
Even if they are for MTX, there will OBVIOUSLY ones that can be earned through playing the game. Like am I the only who realizes that? They're not gonna lock EVERY SINGLE coating behind a price tag. How do I know? Because literally every game that has MTX has similar items that can also be EARNED.
Being meant for microtransactions does not mean there won't be unlockables. You're just assuming no one else does not think there won't be because no one puts disclaimers in their posts about unlockables when talking about coatings being primarily meant for microtransactions.

Maybe you're relatively new to gaming? But over the years monetisation of gaming has reduced quality, removed features from players selling them back to us, or outright changed systems for the worse in order to make money.

Unlockables in games featuring microtransactions where items of the same kind that can be unlocked, have generally higher grind times, potentially horrible drop chances and so forth in order to make players more likely to spend money on items they want or need.

Newest thing is fear of missing out, exclusive items for a limited time, just look at these current promotions, or the Reach coating. We've got battlepasses which cost money, and are time limited as well as an extreme long progression system. Stressing through one just to get what you want takes the joy out of the game, and gaming overall.

Not to mention, in a lot of cases, unlockables tend to be of lower quality to purchasible ones, so you can say they have unlockables, and so that the better ones are things you pay for, or pay for and then grind for if it's in a timed battlepass.

Coatings are not restrictive because they thought it was too difficult to make it so you can mix colors on all channels of a coat.
They're restrictive because i343 can make ten different color variations and sell them to you, either as direct purchases or pad a battlepass. Instead of allowing you to make tens of thousands of variations at your leisure, for the coating you've selected. That is the reason they're primary use will be microtransactions / battlepasses, some are thrown in as unlockables as to "throw us a bone", and give apologists some scares ammunition in a discussion like this.

summon wrote:
Even Destiny 2, (a game I heavily play), a game that everyone is comparing this new system to even though nobody has any understanding of how Destiny works, has shaders that can be unlocked by playing the game. In my Shaders tab there's a "Activities" section where it shows me Shaders and what activities they come from: https://imgur.com/a/dXjym52. Yes, Destiny 2 also has Shaders that can be bought, but my point is even if you can buy Shaders there are still others that can only be earned from playing the game.
Ah yes, anecdotes.
I played Destiny 1, skipped Destiny 2 because of where it was headed, and I can't say I regret it.
Do tell, did Bungie revamp the shaders in Destiny 2? Are they still single use? And you need four to get an entire armor set the same colors? Do you inconveniently earn them in packs of three?
See, in Destiny 1 you unlocked a shader and could access use it an unlimited amount if times, and you could use it for all armor pieces. It was a permanent item, not a consumable. Now Destiny 2 made them consumable, made it frustrating as you got three instead of four, and you could purchase them. All of those are tricks in an effort to make you spend more money. Bungie created a problem and are selling a convenient solution.

You may be getting your third color, but it's going to be static. It's entirely possible you'd have the possability of unlocking a nice looking Coat which has two out of three colors you want, but the third color isn't one you like, and/or according to color theory, a third clashing color which makes the entire coat unappealing to you. It could be a horrible to you coat with all the right colors. Then the one you want is locked behind a paywall, or massive amounts of time-limited grind which you may not complete. It could be a time-limited offer in the store, seasonal reward which you have to wait for the specific season for.

Every time you see a coat where you dislike the color choice, and think another pairing would be better, it's either another unlock you have to grind more for, it could be something you can only purchase, or you need to purchase and grind for.

We are getting far less than what i343 is capable of doing, heck, other studios have done it before. PGI's MechWarrior Online feature camos for your mech and you're able to colorize them in three slots. Hero mechs have unique skins you can customize.

Yes, the current system isn't deep, and leaves a lot to desire. But the coating system isn't any better, and you'll have to be extremely lucky if there's a pattern you like, with the exact colors you want.
i343 can make it customizable, they can make it deeper, but they won't because they want to sell you the pattern and color combination you want, they don't want you to be creative, they want your money, and they do anything they can to get it.
Do not settle for less ( coating ), when they absolutely can make it better ( coating + color customization ).
Other studios have both ( PGI's Mechwarrior online ), and i343 have patched a similar design choice before to be more customizable ( Halo 5 launch Emblem set colors ).
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
eviltedi wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
John9895 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised that more people didn't see this coming. Free to play multiplayer means heavy monetization; they have to make money somehow. Just keep making your voice heard and hope that 343 listens and implements a hybrid system like this.
Considering 343i have said there won’t be RANDOM loot boxes in the game I would assume that in game purchases will be directly for items you know you want. That’s fine by me as long as these types of things can be earned through regular progression too.

I don’t think this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be, at least so far. Though I do understand the upset.
They have not said there will be no RANDOM loot boxes, unless they announced it recently and I've missed it. They stated there would be no PAID loot boxes. Halo Intinite could still gave random drops.

I think it could be a bad thing, and until 343i clarify it the community will assume it's bad and I agree. In fact I've rarely seen such a large percentage of us agreeing. What benefits are there from removing our traditional colour system ?

Sure. Halo Infinite's multiplayer is free to play and I expected some unlocks and micro transactions, but I didn't expect the basic colour system to be replaced.
I’m not saying there’s a benefit to losing the traditional system at all. I much prefer it but overall I look at it like this.

  • MTX are optional
  • In most matchmaking modes you don’t see your own armour colours anyway.
  • As long as there’s a way to earn these things in game through progression thats fine.
I’m not really too fussed by the matter. I understand why people are upset and that’s completely fine.
To me, as long as the game runs and things can be unlocked without having to pay - I’m cool with it.
summon wrote:
It's a 2-way street my dude. You guys going ape -Yoink- over this is baffling. There are so many arguments that could be made against why all of this backlash is just idiotic. I mean for one it's a damn First Person game that defaults your colors to Red or Blue in team modes.
So many? You listed at most two, and considering it is those two, I see no reason why you are here defending Coating as it is now, considering those too will most likely also default to some Team color in Team Modes, or are we going to assume that with Coats, team colors won't apply and that we'll have other means of dicerning team mates from enemies? An alteration which would also be applicable to the old system, making away with Team Color defeaults.

There's a reason player customization is highly monetized in games, and that is players' desire to "express" themselves through a wardrobe of sorts.
You may not see it that way, but the way the industry has developed customization and its monetization, others disagree, regardless of color defaults.

summon wrote:
You guys also keep throwing around "microtransaction" like it's written in stone when it's not. They haven't said -Yoink- about it but you guys are just making assumptions because oh the MP is F2P so it makes sense. It makes sense to make assumptions? You guys have some of the weirdest logic I've ever seen.
I'm pretty sure i343 has had job listings in areas of monetization during Halo Infinite development, and as of this writing, there's only one announced Halo game project they have, Halo Infinite.
So, Halo Wars 2 had card packages you could purchase for real money ( Low key Halo game ), Halo 5 had purchasible Loot Boxes with an overbloated item pool, Microsoft overall have a history of games they publish with different types of monetization schemes. Halo Infinite is said to have a life span of 10 years. Every single big free to play game today heavily feature microtransactions. Microsoft and i343 are there to make money.
I'd more lean towards educated guess when you consider every single one of these as a whole that Microtransactions are going to be present in Halo Infinite. They're not going to spend development time and money on server hardware and maintenance for a free to play game with no way of earning money from it. Or is that something you think is going to happen? i343 and Microsoft is suddenly going to be losing money for our enjoyment? Is there some massively big multiplayer game out there which is free to play and does not feature any sort of microtransaction?

summon wrote:
All of this drama over a game that looks like -Yoink- anyway. Infinite legit looks terrible. And I don't mean just graphics wise, this -Yoink- is not Halo. How some people can say they're OG Halo fans and think Infinite is going back to the series' roots, that's what's really baffling. Not to -Yoinking!- mention, the MP is F2P, so on day one there could be loads of hackers that make the game not fun. That's what I'm really worried about, and it's baffling to me how people are more worried about colors. Infinite will have a smaller population than MCC PC if the game is overrun by hackers on day one. Have fun playing a dead game!
Then you go create a thread regarding that and let the people decide what they want to talk about.
Others don't see any value in discussing things i343 has not talked about, so therefore there's no talk about potential hackers. Was there talk about colors half a year ago?

summon wrote:
I'm tired of this -Yoink- now. It's clear this place isn't any better than Reddit, which is why I came here, to get the -Yoink- away from Reddit. How do I stop getting notifications for replies and quotes? I literally don't give a -Yoink- anymore. Infinite won't even be coming out this year, hell it probably won't even come out next year either.
You go talk about what you want to in the appropriate threads, or create your own ones.
Perhaps the issue here isn't the people you interact with, but what your expectations are of what should be talked about.
They really need to show us how it actually works. NOT with words, NOT in a community update but with a full video ingame showing how it works alongside WHY they think its a good thing WITH actual evidence for (not just an opinion). And it needs to be SOON, not next year, not before release. I'd say next month.
They said its better in game, so why wont they show us it?

The more they keep being silent, the more our fire grows. The more we begin to wonder what else is gone, to wonder if they actually listen to us or just don't care about us. They may say one thing but once the thought is there then they won't be believed.
summon wrote:
You guys defending this are baffling.

Like check it out; you *know* the main point is removal of player freedom - an old feature gone for no tangible reason. I'm like 'hey what if I want something I could have had for free in the old system' and you say "find something else".

Seriously this is a next level, almost a parody of this kind of controversy.
It's a 2-way street my dude. You guys going ape -Yoink- over this is baffling.

Why is it baffling ? They're replacing a system many of us have used for nearly 20 years. Many of us have used the same colours and emblems for multiplayer since Halo 2. I appreciate the Halo Infinite multiplayer is free to play and I expected some monetisation, but why remove our basic colour system ? It's all about grind and greed, and they don't need to do that. Many in this community will drop a fortune on cosmetics, why not allow us our colours of choice ?
TheDonCJG wrote:
I’m not saying there’s a benefit to losing the traditional system at all. I much prefer it but overall I look at it like this.

  • MTX are optional
  • In most matchmaking modes you don’t see your own armour colours anyway.
  • As long as there’s a way to earn these things in game through progression thats fine.
I’m not really too fussed by the matter. I understand why people are upset and that’s completely fine.
To me, as long as the game runs and things can be unlocked without having to pay - I’m cool with it.
Well, even being optional, their purpose is to be sold, and developers will try to make it so that players will buy them through psychological manipulation, and that is mentally exhausting.
We've got FOMO ( Just look at the promotional items currently in circulation ), artificially bloated grind times, random unlocks, seasonally locked items, reminders of the store fronts, item sales, bulk sales, faster progression and being ahead in the game etc. They have so many ways to manipulate people these days it's getting difficult to keep up.
Naqser wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
I’m not saying there’s a benefit to losing the traditional system at all. I much prefer it but overall I look at it like this.

  • MTX are optional
  • In most matchmaking modes you don’t see your own armour colours anyway.
  • As long as there’s a way to earn these things in game through progression thats fine.
I’m not really too fussed by the matter. I understand why people are upset and that’s completely fine.
To me, as long as the game runs and things can be unlocked without having to pay - I’m cool with it.
Well, even being optional, their purpose is to be sold, and developers will try to make it so that players will buy them through psychological manipulation, and that is mentally exhausting.
We've got FOMO ( Just look at the promotional items currently in circulation ), artificially bloated grind times, random unlocks, seasonally locked items, reminders of the store fronts, item sales, bulk sales, faster progression and being ahead in the game etc. They have so many ways to manipulate people these days it's getting difficult to keep up.
Aye, but that’s always been the case for most games with MTX at this point.

Dont get me wrong, I’m hoping 343i aren’t using MTX as an aggressive income strategy that screws over the players. 343i by all means are walking on eggshells right now and it is a very fine line they are walking.

But I also believe this is just how it’s going to be now. With Infinite being a 10 year platform the game isn’t going to be like a traditional Halo title.
TheDonCJG wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
John9895 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised that more people didn't see this coming. Free to play multiplayer means heavy monetization; they have to make money somehow. Just keep making your voice heard and hope that 343 listens and implements a hybrid system like this.
Considering 343i have said there won’t be RANDOM loot boxes in the game I would assume that in game purchases will be directly for items you know you want. That’s fine by me as long as these types of things can be earned through regular progression too.

I don’t think this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be, at least so far. Though I do understand the upset.
They have not said there will be no RANDOM loot boxes, unless they announced it recently and I've missed it. They stated there would be no PAID loot boxes. Halo Intinite could still gave random drops.

I think it could be a bad thing, and until 343i clarify it the community will assume it's bad and I agree. In fact I've rarely seen such a large percentage of us agreeing. What benefits are there from removing our traditional colour system ?

Sure. Halo Infinite's multiplayer is free to play and I expected some unlocks and micro transactions, but I didn't expect the basic colour system to be replaced.
I’m not saying there’s a benefit to losing the traditional system at all. I much prefer it but overall I look at it like this.

  • MTX are optional
  • In most matchmaking modes you don’t see your own armour colours anyway.
  • As long as there’s a way to earn these things in game through progression thats fine.
I’m not really too fussed by the matter. I understand why people are upset and that’s completely fine.
To me, as long as the game runs and things can be unlocked without having to pay - I’m cool with it.
So dont buy clothes, you dont see your own clothes most of the time anyways ;)
Let the goverment decide what clothes you wear.
Oh and if you get good at life the goverment will provide you with alternative sets and options.

The idea that nothing is exclusively locked behind a paywall is the only good point there is really.
I have my opinions reserved for armor coatings, im not sure if it will mean we cant change the colors or mix and match textures. But I have to point out that your first two points are not good cases at all. MTX are optional .... thats a double edged sword. On the plus side, you dont have to pay for content to play. On the negative side, people can pay for things and get things other people have to earn. If this is the way they make halo infinite multiplayer free, then im on board with this idea. I like free stuff.

The argument for not being able to see your own armor colors anyway is just absurd. Personal expression is to present yourself to other people... and to yourself if you have a mirror. But most of the time we go about our daily lives without seeing whats printed on the back of our shirts and hoodies... the designs of our shirts and such... but we pay close attention when we pick the clothes we wear because other people will see it when you wear it. If we take your line of argumentation, why even have any customization at all... weapon skins... armor sets.. might as well take away all player choices when it comes to expression. (or never include them...)

Your closing statements are redeeming... but dont think you have 3 reasons... its more like 1 or 2
I want to adress something!

I learned today that some people have been sending death-threats to 343 industries.

I just want to give a friendly reminder to the community, myself included, that this is a game at the end of the day
However for a lot of us this game is part of our life, we don't remember a time when Halo wasn't in our life. It's hard to take it with a grain of salt. We are part of why this franchise even exists.
We should absolutely keep this up, don't give up. BUT let's not loose our head because of a game. Life rolls on.

Keep it up people, have a nice day.
summon wrote:
Hot take: Even if we can't mix and match, like even if we only can do one general coating for our ENTIRE character, that's still better than the current system.

I'm getting torn apart on Reddit, but seriously, I feel like people just aren't aware of how Halo even works to begin with. In both categories you can only pick ONE color. And that's the thing as well, I see all these mockups of color selectors, but you're still only allowing people to pick only ONE color. It's not like I can pick Blue, Red AND white all for my Primary color, if that was the case that'd be a different story, but it's not the case.

I made a collage of my Halo 3, 4, & 5 characters (https://imgur.com/a/W958GF7), can you honestly look at them and tell me that you're good with the current Primary/Secondary system? In every Halo I rock white for my Secondary but you wouldn't even know unless I told you because it's so unnoticeable. I mean look at my Halo 5 character, that doesn't even look like white, it looks black, but I have white selected. This system isn't good and everybody acts like it's the best thing since sliced bread. It doesn't offer ANY customization at all. People talk about customization, are you seeing something that I'm not? What customization? These games don't have customization.

Edit: I just wanna also point out that, even Destiny 2, (a game I heavily play) the game that everyone is comparing this new system to, has shaders that can be unlocked by playing the game. In my Shaders tab there's a "Activities" section where it shows me Shaders and what activities they come from: https://imgur.com/a/dXjym52. Yes, Destiny 2 also has Shaders that can be bought, but my point is even if you can buy Shaders there are still others that can only be earned from playing the game.
I'd still prefer a system where I can choose a single color for my entire armor compared to a system where coatings have a lot of immutable colors in it but you have to unlock/buy them.

There's a better solution (for the player). Coatings could define regions/patterns on your armor that you can color. Different coatings, different patterns.
Of course this is a bad solution for 343i because it's not as profitable as selling coatings with fixed colors.
It takes a lot of effort to create beautiful armor patterns.
With fixed colors on the other hand you just need to create a bunch of patterns and sell all of its color permutations.
summon wrote:
You guys defending this are baffling.

Like check it out; you *know* the main point is removal of player freedom - an old feature gone for no tangible reason. I'm like 'hey what if I want something I could have had for free in the old system' and you say "find something else".

Seriously this is a next level, almost a parody of this kind of controversy.
It's a 2-way street my dude. You guys going ape -Yoink- over this is baffling. There are so many arguments that could be made against why all of this backlash is just idiotic. I mean for one it's a damn First Person game that defaults your colors to Red or Blue in team modes.

You guys also keep throwing around "microtransaction" like it's written in stone when it's not. They haven't said -Yoink- about it but you guys are just making assumptions because oh the MP is F2P so it makes sense. It makes sense to make assumptions? You guys have some of the weirdest logic I've ever seen.

All of this drama over a game that looks like -Yoink- anyway. Infinite legit looks terrible. And I don't mean just graphics wise, this -Yoink- is not Halo. How some people can say they're OG Halo fans and think Infinite is going back to the series' roots, that's what's really baffling. Not to -Yoinking!- mention, the MP is F2P, so on day one there could be loads of hackers that make the game not fun. That's what I'm really worried about, and it's baffling to me how people are more worried about colors. Infinite will have a smaller population than MCC PC if the game is overrun by hackers on day one. Have fun playing a dead game!

I'm tired of this -Yoink- now. It's clear this place isn't any better than Reddit, which is why I came here, to get the -Yoink- away from Reddit. How do I stop getting notifications for replies and quotes? I literally don't give a -Yoink- anymore. Infinite won't even be coming out this year, hell it probably won't even come out next year either.
That's not remotely what a 2-way street means. I do not care if this grievance bores you or whatever. And final sad point of this is were 343 to reverse this - not a single one of you would decry it. You'd enjoy the shaders *and* choosing base colors. Off the backs of our 'whining' (It's happened before). We want everyone to enjoy a series standard.

But yeah do your edgy contrarian thing, you're too cool for school I get it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
saifa117 wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
eviltedi wrote:
TheDonCJG wrote:
John9895 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised that more people didn't see this coming. Free to play multiplayer means heavy monetization; they have to make money somehow. Just keep making your voice heard and hope that 343 listens and implements a hybrid system like this.
Considering 343i have said there won’t be RANDOM loot boxes in the game I would assume that in game purchases will be directly for items you know you want. That’s fine by me as long as these types of things can be earned through regular progression too.

I don’t think this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be, at least so far. Though I do understand the upset.
They have not said there will be no RANDOM loot boxes, unless they announced it recently and I've missed it. They stated there would be no PAID loot boxes. Halo Intinite could still gave random drops.

I think it could be a bad thing, and until 343i clarify it the community will assume it's bad and I agree. In fact I've rarely seen such a large percentage of us agreeing. What benefits are there from removing our traditional colour system ?

Sure. Halo Infinite's multiplayer is free to play and I expected some unlocks and micro transactions, but I didn't expect the basic colour system to be replaced.
I’m not saying there’s a benefit to losing the traditional system at all. I much prefer it but overall I look at it like this.

  • MTX are optional
  • In most matchmaking modes you don’t see your own armour colours anyway.
  • As long as there’s a way to earn these things in game through progression thats fine.
I’m not really too fussed by the matter. I understand why people are upset and that’s completely fine.
To me, as long as the game runs and things can be unlocked without having to pay - I’m cool with it.
So dont buy clothes, you dont see your own clothes most of the time anyways ;)
Let the goverment decide what clothes you wear.
Oh and if you get good at life the goverment will provide you with alternative sets and options.

The idea that nothing is exclusively locked behind a paywall is the only good point there is really.
I have my opinions reserved for armor coatings, im not sure if it will mean we cant change the colors or mix and match textures. But I have to point out that your first two points are not good cases at all. MTX are optional .... thats a double edged sword. On the plus side, you dont have to pay for content to play. On the negative side, people can pay for things and get things other people have to earn. If this is the way they make halo infinite multiplayer free, then im on board with this idea. I like free stuff.

The argument for not being able to see your own armor colors anyway is just absurd. Personal expression is to present yourself to other people... and to yourself if you have a mirror. But most of the time we go about our daily lives without seeing whats printed on the back of our shirts and hoodies... the designs of our shirts and such... but we pay close attention when we pick the clothes we wear because other people will see it when you wear it. If we take your line of argumentation, why even have any customization at all... weapon skins... armor sets.. might as well take away all player choices when it comes to expression. (or never include them...)

Your closing statements are redeeming... but dont think you have 3 reasons... its more like 1 or 2
I think you’ve really blown it out of proportion with the clothes argument. This is a video game...
Colours aren’t going away, you can still choose what colours and armour you wear - it just works differently. No one is forced to apply this coating or that coating. You still have freedom to equip what you want as long as you have it unlocked

End of the day, we all have our own opinions on armour coatings. If people dislike it that’s fine. I understand why. It’s a radical change to the dynamic of Halo and its history of customisation in game. But I’m also an advocate for trying something new.

It’s not about who has the most points for or against. I’m allowed to disagree with the masses if I want to, I get why people are upset - I’m just personally not bothered by it.
This whole journey to infinite has hopefully been an ego death for 343. The wider industry laughed at how bad the game looked in August and now 98% of the community is rightfully angry with the new armor color system. This game needed to be a home run for 343 and it’s really not looking like that’s gonna be the case unfortunately. Neither the core fans or the wider audiences are happy now... I could be wrong but I swear every bit of halo infinite news so far has either been a red flag or just straight up negative stuff, aside from the art side of things of course.

The fact they dodged so many questions for weeks only proved how bad they knew the coating system was, and if Halo 5’s life is anything to go by 343 won’t react to ANY of the feedback in a useful way. I was really hoping 343 would start adding stuff this time rather than take away, but some things don’t change 🤦‍♂️
I think the most depressing thing about this is that the old color system wouldn't be that hard to improve, make it piece by piece, add different types like Matte, Metallic, Pearlescent, add a full color wheel WITH the ability to choose how saturated you want the colors to be and add armor detail like pristine, battle worn, etc. and I think everyone would have loved it, but no they went with the one they knew would grate peoples nerves [and spend more of their budget] rather than improve an old system because of greed and honestly that's just depressing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 35