Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Weapon Sounds

OP Ima Gana Killya

Hey guys,

I hate the new energy sword sound. It sounds weak compared to the Halo 2/3 sound. I was wondering what everyone else thinks about the new sword draw sound but also what about the other weapon sounds. I think the design and sound of the Halo 2 and 3 sword was superior to the Halo 4/5 and H2A sword but I think some of the weapons sound better in Halo 4 and 5. What should the weapons sound like in Halo Infinite?

My favorite sounds are are:

Sword - Halo 2
BR - Halo 5
AR - Halo CE
Plasma Riffle - Halo 2
DMR- Halo 5
Needler - Halo 5
Plasma Pistol - Halo 5
Sniper Rifle - Halo 5
Shotgun - Halo Reach
I really love how most weapons sound in Halo 5 - particularly the UNSC. There is a real weighty-grittiness to them and I think that goes a very long way at making them feel powerful in the and.

I would maybe like a little more bark out of the assault rifle but that is a nit pick. Would like it a little closer to Halo 2 Anniversary version in MP.
Halo 5 beta BR was Awsome until they changed it to a different sound in the final Game.
Yeah, they sound like power ranger guns, as ling as Infinite weapons sound real, then ill be fine with thay
The Magnum should have more roar to it. Its firing a .50 cal round. It should sound like someone letting rip with a Deagle.
Everything else is pretty spot on IMO.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
the halo 3 AR sounded so weird
Hey guys,

I hate the new energy sword sound. It sounds weak compared to the Halo 2/3 sound. I was wondering what everyone else thinks about the new sword draw sound but also what about the other weapon sounds. I think the design and sound of the Halo 2 and 3 sword was superior to the Halo 4/5 and H2A sword but I think some of the weapons sound better in Halo 4 and 5. What should the weapons sound like in Halo Infinite?

Sword - Halo 2
BR - Halo 5
AR - Halo CE
Plasma Riffle - Halo 2
DMR- Halo 5
Needler - Halo 5
Plasma Pistol - Halo 5
Sniper Rifle - Halo 5
Shotgun - Halo Reach
My favourite sounds are:
Dmr - Halo reach
Shotgun - Halo Reach
Sword - Halo 3
Magnum - Halo ce
Br - Halo 2 anniversary multiplayer
Ar - Halo 3
Magum - halo 3 ODST
Sniper - Halo Reach
Needler - Halo 4
Carbine - Halo 3
Hey guys,

Sword - Halo 2
BR - Halo 5
AR - Halo CE
Plasma Riffle - Halo 2
DMR- Halo 5
Needler - Halo 5
Plasma Pistol - Halo 5
Sniper Rifle - Halo 5
Shotgun - Halo Reach
It also depends entirely on your headset imo. If your tremble setup and bass acoustics etc are terrible it doesnt matter how they recorded the sound effects it can easily be ruined based off your audio perception.

That said nothing beats halo reach sounds imo. Halo 4 and up idk it sounded almost too organic even for the forerunner weapons. 3 and below sounded choppy and but satisfied me regardless. Reach was just well rounded man, unbeatable in all aspects.

I hope infinite turns out the same way.