Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Weapons To Add

OP DaNegativeOne

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What kind of Weapons do you think 343 should add to Halo Infinite? Me? I think...

"Red Menace" (Fuel Rod Cannon) - Adopted by the Forerunners, the FRG was redesigned to leave highly toxic pools of red acid after impact. Improved Fuel Rod Cannon with faster fire rate and feeder magazine.

"Longshot" (Sniper Rifle) - If you're not in cover, you're all the way in the back. Sniper rifle with 1 clip size, 2X damage, and 4, 8, and 16X zoom.

"Sharkface" - (Flamethrower) - This weapon was recovered from a tower after it collapsed. Perhaps it still works. Improved flamethrower with 2X range.
What kind of Weapons do you think 343 should add to Halo Infinite? Me? I think...

"Red Menace" (Fuel Rod Cannon) - Adopted by the Forerunners, the FRG was redesigned to leave highly toxic pools of red acid after impact. Improved Fuel Rod Cannon with faster fire rate and feeder magazine.

"Longshot" (Sniper Rifle) - If you're not in cover, you're all the way in the back. Sniper rifle with 1 clip size, 2X damage, and 4, 8, and 16X zoom.

"Sharkface" - (Flamethrower) - This weapon was recovered from a tower after it collapsed. Perhaps it still works. Improved flamethrower with 2X range.
If REQS return these would be interesting but I guess we’ll see.
I’d like to see some special variants of Sentinel Beams, we only got the one variant in H5 and I’d love to see an Anti Vehicle version or even something a bit stronger with a faster overheat
They should bring back the target locater! I thought it was really satisfying to use in Reach.
Instead of adding additional variants to weapons currently established, I’d rather they try and focus on adding brand new weapons to the Halo sandbox. However, I don’t have any ideas off the top of my head but I’m sure many of you do!
The issue with adding new weapons is that 343 basically filled it all up. What are you going to add? An SMG? Oh, wait, Bungie already did.

"343 Guilty Spark" (Sentinel Beam) - A very powerful lazer that can melt any vehicle in a matter of miliseconds. Extremely improved Sentinel Beam with extremely fast overheating.

"Revolver" (Revolver) - An old timey pistol that fires 6 rounds and has heavy damage. Smart-link is disabled.
*stats* (since this is a new weapon altogether)
Damage: good
Range: good
Recoil: Fair
Reload: Poor
Fire Rate(RPS): 1.5
Magazine size: 6
Extra rounds: 30
Semi-automatic

"Machine Gun" (Machine Gun) - One of the newest additions to ONI's line of weapons, the Machine Gun is planned to replace the classic Assault Rifle for spartan use on the battlefield.
*stats*
Range: fair
Reload: Fair
Fire Rate (RPS): 10
Magazine size: 60
Extra rounds: 600
Automatic

"ONI Ghost" (Ghost) - Ever since the end of the Human-Covanent war, ONI has invested alot of time into creating their own variants of each Covanent vehicle. This is the first of many. Improved Ghost with thicker armor and faster fire rate.

"ONI Banshee" (Banshee) - Oni managed to maintain the functionality of the Banshee while creating a much needed improvement. Improved Banshee with thicker armor and full stall capabilities.
(Essentially it can stop in mid-air and not fall to the ground)

"Oni Wraith" (Wraith) - oni essentially introduced the world to a winged scorpion. Improved Wraith with faster firing projectiles and thicker armor.

"Hand Cannon" (Spartan Lazer) - A weapon to prove heavy to even Sierra-117, the Hand cannon is a weapon fitted with mini-MAC rounds that'll make any full-grown soldier piss their pants. Improved Spartan Lazer with EXTREMELY increased damage, with a much longer recharge.

"Viper" (Viper) - Forerunner SMG with an extremely high fire rate, but little damage. Used for smaller raids and firing squads.
*stats*
Damage: Poor
Range: Fair
Recoil: Good
Reload: Good
Fire Rate (RPS): 15
Magazine size: 30
Extra rounds: 180
Automatic
This is just an idea I had, but a bolt action sniper rifle with increased projectile speed and accuracy.
But I’m really interested to see what infinite will have.
Valta6803 wrote:
They should bring back the target locater! I thought it was really satisfying to use in Reach.
Agreed!

And for Nostalgia's sake, a scarab gun in the campaign please!
I think the scarab gun should be a skull like it is in 2A instead. I know it wouldn't be the same, but it's too powerful, even my MAC lazer doesn't compare.
The issue with adding new weapons is that 343 basically filled it all up. What are you going to add? An SMG? Oh, wait, Bungie already did.

"343 Guilty Spark" (Sentinel Beam) - A very powerful lazer that can melt any vehicle in a matter of miliseconds. Extremely improved Sentinel Beam with extremely fast overheating.

"Revolver" (Revolver) - An old timey pistol that fires 6 rounds and has heavy damage. Smart-link is disabled.
*stats* (since this is a new weapon altogether)
Range: good
Reload: Poor
Fire Rate(RPS): 1.5
Magazine size: 6
Extra rounds: 30
Semi-automatic

"Machine Gun" (Machine Gun) - One of the newest additions to ONI's line of weapons, the Machine Gun is planned to replace the classic Assault Rifle for spartan use on the battlefield.
*stats*
Range: fair
Reload: Fair
Fire Rate (RPS): 10
Magazine size: 60
Extra rounds: 600
Automatic

"ONI Ghost" (Ghost) - Ever since the end of the Human-Covanent war, ONI has invested alot of time into creating their own variants of each Covanent vehicle. This is the first of many. Improved Ghost with thicker armor and faster fire rate.

"ONI Banshee" (Banshee) - Oni managed to maintain the functionality of the Banshee while creating a much needed improvement. Improved Banshee with thicker armor and full stall capabilities.
(Essentially it can stop in mid-air and not fall to the ground)

"Oni Wraith" (Wraith) - oni essentially introduced the world to a winged scorpion. Improved Wraith with faster firing projectiles and thicker armor.

"Hand Cannon" (Spartan Lazer) - A weapon to prove heavy to even Sierra-117, the Hand cannon is a weapon fitted with mini-MAC rounds that'll make any full-grown soldier piss their pants. Improved Spartan Lazer with EXTREMELY increased damage, with a much longer recharge.

"Viper" (Viper) - Forerunner SMG with an extremely high fire rate, but little damage. Used for smaller raids and firing squads.
*stats*
Damage: Poor
Range: Fair
Recoil: Good
Reload: Good
Fire Rate (RPS): 15
Magazine size: 30
Extra rounds: 180
Automatic
These gave a me a good laugh! But, the freaky Oni Covenant vehicles would be very cool, if a little weird, to see. Can you imagine seeing a black Ghost hovering around that fires explosive rounds?? Love the idea of the Banshee that can stall. I think the last time we saw that was in ODST and it was very useful.
Valta6803 wrote:
That would be cool in campaign, forge, and custom games, but I think in multiplayer it's definitely a no go.
I want a shotgun that shoots confetti (not to be taken seriously)
No no, we need caboose's confetti gun Lol.
No no, we need caboose's confetti gun Lol.
His AR that is loaded with Crayons
Valta6803 wrote:
That would be cool in campaign, forge, and custom games, but I think in multiplayer it's definitely a no go.
Possibly in a firefight or warzone type gamemode.
I would like some more grenade types. Right now we have Frags, Plasma and maybe Splinter grenades. Ain't a bad variety, but I think a fourth and fifth slot would do nicely. As for what those slots would fill... no clue, maybe types that function more like the equipment in Halo 3?
In my opinion we should be getting rid of, not adding new guns. Systems like this create what I refer to as: The Redundancy Effect. 343 does not want to get rid of iconic or recently added guns, but they want to add new ones. The result is a lot of guns that do the same thing, you have Storm Rifles and Plasma Rifles, you have Grenade Launchers and Brute Shots, you have DMR's and Magnums, you have DMR's and Covenant Carbines and Light Rifles, you have Battle Rifles and Magnums, it's a total mess! So no, I feel that we should be removing weapons first, not adding them. If you want new weapons so badly, you have to bite the bullet and get rid of some others if you want a stable, healthy, memorable weapons sandbox.
In my opinion we should be getting rid of, not adding new guns. Systems like this create what I refer to as: The Redundancy Effect. 343 does not want to get rid of iconic or recently added guns, but they want to add new ones. The result is a lot of guns that do the same thing, you have Storm Rifles and Plasma Rifles, you have Grenade Launchers and Brute Shots, you have DMR's and Magnums, you have DMR's and Covenant Carbines and Light Rifles, you have Battle Rifles and Magnums, it's a total mess! So no, I feel that we should be removing weapons first, not adding them. If you want new weapons so badly, you have to bite the bullet and get rid of some others if you want a stable, healthy, memorable weapons sandbox.
Of course, this post is also for discussing that. Example, the Saw is basically anither variant of the AR, but worse. I don't like it. Get rid!

Oh, and as for stalling Banshees, we never saw that.
In my opinion we should be getting rid of, not adding new guns. Systems like this create what I refer to as: The Redundancy Effect. 343 does not want to get rid of iconic or recently added guns, but they want to add new ones. The result is a lot of guns that do the same thing, you have Storm Rifles and Plasma Rifles, you have Grenade Launchers and Brute Shots, you have DMR's and Magnums, you have DMR's and Covenant
Quote:
Carbines and Light Rifles, you have Battle Rifles and Magnums, it's a total mess! So no, I feel that we should be removing weapons first, not adding them. If you want new weapons so badly, you have to bite the bullet and get rid of some others if you want a stable, healthy, memorable weapons sandbox.
Of course, this post is also for discussing that. Example, the Saw is basically anither variant of the AR, but worse. I don't like it. Get rid!

Oh, and as for stalling Banshees, we never saw that.
Ok I can understand if you don’t personally like the SAW, but in what way is it possibly worse than the assault rifle?
I just want every single weapon put into Infinite that was in a Halo game. And with REQs I think they should only be in multiplayer. Also maybe a Covenant shotgun?
Quote:
OneShot5186 wrote:
Ok I can understand if you don't personally like the SAW, but in what way is it possibly worse than the assault rifle?
Easy, to me, a weapon isn't just stats, another equation is the "feel". My favorite example: I can't use repeaters without what I call a "clock" (the thing that spins when you fire it) in Borderlands. It's EXTREMELY rare AF, but there are people who certain weapons, even with the same exact stats as another, don't do as good. I'm one of them. I don't know what it is, but I just can't use the SAW. Compared to the AR in my hands, that thing sucks. I DID get over the issue I had with the Battle Rifle, though. For the longest time I coudn't use it if it had anything except the classic sights, now I use the sentinel sights. Like I said, it's EXTREMELY rare, but it is out there. I gave up a pistol that deals 450k damage over 400k, knowing I was going into Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, because it didn't have a clock. That's just how I am.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2