Weapons To Add

OP DaNegativeOne

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
Maybe weapon mods like hardlight rounds, extended mags, optical attachments, etc. And every time you ppick up a weapon, your attachments for it automatically attach (for example, if I pick up a vanilla AR but my preset had an extended mag and scope, those two attachments would be applied)
I will break your balls on this one and say that I don't like this idea. I love when someone drops a sentinel BR with kinetic bolts. I think the attachments should remain.
I like weapon variants and attachments but I would also like to see new forerunner weapons that don't act like weapons we already have. also the boltshot should have a variant that does the H4 shotgun blast
I like weapon variants and attachments but I would also like to see new forerunner weapons that don't act like weapons we already have. also the boltshot should have a variant that does the H4 shotgun blast
The forerunner weapons should also NOT HOME IN!! The only time that is necessary is the needler and anti vehicle weapons when locked onto say a banshee.
The forerunner weapons should also NOT HOME IN!! The only time that is necessary is the needler and anti vehicle weapons when locked onto say a banshee.
To make the Forerunner weapons unique, they should be buildable
you start with a boltshot, pick another one up ( either choose to collect it's ammo or pick it up ) and they combine into a suppressor
add another suppressor or boltshot for scattershot and so on into eventually a binary rifle
as for how they should function:

Boltshot should be fast firing like in H4 but with higher damage, maybe a 7 headshot kill ( but has very low aim assist requiring good aim )
Suppressor should function like in H5 but tone down the tracking a fair bit and gets an alt fire to release a shotgun burst that insta-drains shields ( at the cost of a full mag )
H5 Scattershot is fine with some minor adjustments
Lightrifle should function like in H5
Incineration cannon from H5 is fine but lower the huge splash radius
Binary Rifle from H5 is good, but lower it's damage and make the beam last longer so more aim is required

I'm assuming no trashy smart link BS
you start with a boltshot, pick another one up ( either choose to collect it's ammo or pick it up ) and they combine into a suppressor
add another suppressor or boltshot for scattershot and so on into eventually a binary rifle

Boltshot should be fast firing like in H4 but with higher damage, maybe a 7 headshot kill ( but has very low aim assist requiring good aim )
Suppressor should function like in H5 but tone down the tracking a fair bit and gets an alt fire to release a shotgun burst that insta-drains shields ( at the cost of a full mag )
Binary Rifle from H5 is good, but lower it's damage and make the beam last longer so more aim is required

None of the forerunner weapons were good! Their entire armory is trash, and the idea of combining weapons to upgrade them? It's the dumbest idea I've heard in this post, I gotta admit. They need to just kill off the forerunners and get rid of their entire armory, most, if not all of it was based on dealing too much damage in little to no time with little to no skill required. I will say, the phaeton was decent, but the damage needs nerfed, the slide boost needs removed, and the armor needs slightly nerfed.

None of the forerunner weapons were good! Their entire armory is trash, and the idea of combining weapons to upgrade them? It's the dumbest idea I've heard in this post, I gotta admit. They need to just kill off the forerunners and get rid of their entire armory, most, if not all of it was based on dealing too much damage in little to no time with little to no skill required. I will say, the phaeton was decent, but the damage needs nerfed, the slide boost needs removed, and the armor needs slightly nerfed.
So you want to add in redundant weapons and variants but a unique weapon concept and idea is trash?
You could have just voiced your opinion on how 343 can improve the Forerunner arsenal but I guess throwing a hissy fit was a better move
I just want the grenade launcher back.
I just want the grenade launcher back.
This and sticky launcher

So you want to add in redundant weapons and variants but a unique weapon concept and idea is trash?
You could have just voiced your opinion on how 343 can improve the Forerunner arsenal but I guess throwing a hissy fit was a better move
I'd rather have redundancy than weapons that any noob can be good at firing. I suck at PVP, I will admit, but if I get my hands on a suppressor, maybe a binary rifle, because that's a sniper for non-snipers such as myself, I can ruin your life, why? Because even a noob can use these weapons. I thought this game was made for mature audiences, not 5 year olds. Supporters like yourself is why 343 has continued to make these mistakes. Now I would be fine with buildables if they weren't so powerful. That's why that's a bad idea. Good spirit, bad weapons for the job. Go from a gay little boltshot to a binary rifle, the best sniper in the game, HELLO!? If ever they did allow you to build them up, nerf them. But I'd rather use a skill line so they're EXTREMELY difficult to use at the reward of a satisfying kill if used properly. The best example is the spartan lazer.
The previous post needs a followup to set how these new "skill" weapons would work in my eyes. Using the Halo 5 Forerunner armory:

Boltshot: Charge up this weapon for longer to increase the amount of projectiles and damage per projectile. Be careful, charge it too long and your shields pay a heavy price.

Suppressor: Less of a skill weapon and more of a standard issue. This weapon should function more like Halo 4's suppressor.

Light Rifle: Aim assist would be disabled, accuracy would be mild to poor, and damage would be slim to non, but if you pull enough rounds into an enemy, they explode. Like a needler except harder to use.

Scattershot: Pumping the weapon increases damage and projectile speed, but also increase ammo consumed, projectile spread, and decreases accuracy.

Binary Rifle: This weapon can track a minor lock-on signal that activates upon the first trigger pull. Let the weapon charge for 3 seconds and fire, if the weapon is fully charged, the damage wil multiply exponentially to ensure an instant reward. If the weapon does not fire within the time limit, the user's shield pays the price.

Incineration Cannon: One can either charge up a shot to fire a "rocket" to deal standard rocket damage, or tapping the fire button will launch a mortar. Tapping it again will cause the projectile to dart straight down and rain on your enemies. If you hit a crowd, a slim crowd control will assist the damage along with severe knockback and stun, this is not lethal, BUT if a bullseye is captured, a violent fate awaits the victim.

Phaeton: While fast and very maneuverable, this tool is easily outmatched by fellow combatants waiting for a clean kill. Deal as much damage as possible and get the hell out before you get knocked the hell out.

These are my own ideas.

Blaze Rod: Launches a barrage of 10 missiles. This item is very powerful if all the missiles find the same target, and it can lock onto vehicles. The bonus damage exponentially increases the damage dealt to incentivize players to learn to use it.

Gargoyle: It might not seem like much, hop inside and boost away, dodging RPG after RPG. This fast but delicate creation is outfitted with a sentinel beam for combat against the Flood.
Supports up to 3 players.
One can aliken this to an old fashioned sports car.

I did get the skill weapon idea, along with some of the uses, such as the incineration cannon's alternative use, from an old PS2 game I've been playing called Twisted Metal Black. (At least the PS4's good for something) The Boltshot is inspired by Recitle Skill pickup, the Binary rifle is a Reticle sniper, the Incineration Cannon's mortar use is inspired by the Gas Can pickup, the Blaze Rod is based on the Zoomy Skill pickup, and the Gargoyle is based on performing the many maneuvers players started pulling off that the developers never even thought of, seriously, the gargoyle while boosting would outrun any standard missile in the game.
Been A while since I last posted about this. I think it's time I did. DMRs remain the inferior battle weapon to the BR, but is a great alternative to the Sniper in terms of... Well, sniping. The models are level 4.

M392 Designated Marksman Rifle - 3X scope, 15 ready, 60 reserve ammunition. 5 round headshots pull fully armored spartans to the ground.

M395 Designated Marksman Rifle - 4 rounds to death, 14 ready, 42 reserve. 3X scope remains. Recoil is also significantly reduced.

M395B Designated Marksman Rifle - Someone's not counting. 3X scope, 15 ready, 45 reserve, and 4 round headshots with no bloom.a reliable sniping alternative indeed.

M217 Designated Marksman Rifle - Lekgolo have learned to fear the things they cannot see. The only DMR that is upsized for MJOLNIR that can be fired while powered down. Count your shots, a weak minded 21st century scope gets the job done on one side to alternative the usual scope when powered down.

M400 Designated Marksman Rifle - The UNSC couldn't manage to make mods compatible, but... 3 round headshots, sentinel sights giving 4X, and 8X scope, and 10 ready, 80 reserve ammo.

Long barrel
Sound dampener
Silencer
Kinetic bolts
Stabilization jets
Lazer sights
Threat marker
Extended mag
Recon sight
Longshot sight
Sentinel sight
Hybrid sight
Morph sight
Legacy sight

The M395 being the obvious "Most compatible" choice. Obviously, the M400 Cannot support mods. The legacy sight is the default scope for the M217, since it requires no power.
I' ll keep it kinda short. And 343. Dont REPLACE things regarding Halo Infinite, add, THEN balance thereafter. Campaign, custom games, balance arent as much priority BUT. As you add in new and old weapons, dripfeed thereafter those weapons into the Multiplayer gamemodes and adjust/ balance steadily.
And yeah as with armor coatings.... Let us choose incividual color channels " inside " the armor coating instead of having to siffle through 500 + coatings! You want microtransactions, theres better way to do it than to gut a customizing feature that have, well been since Halo 2. Halo CE had just one color choice ( back in the day, not like now )

- DMR. Once Halo 2 and 3 made the BR the staple go to weapon, I felt the sandbox went bland. I mean, WHO wanted to use the AR/ Shotty/ SMG over the BR? Just an example. Once Reach, hit I found the DMR to be my choice and stuck to using it in Halo 4 and 5 becasue I still feel its an " underdog " compared to the more flexible BR. And Im a big follower of so called underdogs, even if the DMR now is on par with the BR.

I want the DMR, becasue it fills the gap between the BR and the Sniper rifle. The Commando I htink fits the gap between the BR and DMR if Im pre-judging it " correctly "
Would be nice to see the Reach, 4/ 5 variants and with as many attacthments as possible. A silencer, IR or maybe something that gives a different type of ammo, like hollow point, armor piercing, explosive, incediary.

- CE and Reach tactical shotguns and make us be able to change the color of the iron sight. red, blue, yellow, orange, purple, green you name it. ALONGSIDE the auto shotgun named Bulldog. Complement each other, you know. Again never replace. ADD and figure out the balance thereafter.

- A figging flamethrower. Both the one from Halo CE and 3. Two different versions for two different views ( 1st person, third person view )
If theres flood ( need to be, just amke it fit and make sense its on ZETA halo after all, THE Flood Halo ), fooliage, annoying brutish apes with too much hair. BURN em to ashes! Hah!

- Want my Halo 2 magnums back and dual wielding in future update to booth. Or at leeeeast let us have extended mags for those " -Yoink- " guns. Speaking of, make no weapon useless, make each weapon a SIDEGRADE, having at least one or two uses for certain situations.
Love the H2/ A magums, weap per shot but the sound, the feel of them. Mmmmm.

- Want the Needle and Plasma " rifle " ( they dont use rifling like human projectile weapons, seriously! ) back, the plasma repeater and Hydra too. Dont forget the Reach nade launcher, I mean protube!
The issue with adding new weapons is that 343 basically filled it all up. What are you going to add? An SMG? Oh, wait, Bungie already did.

"343 Guilty Spark" (Sentinel Beam) - A very powerful lazer that can melt any vehicle in a matter of miliseconds. Extremely improved Sentinel Beam with extremely fast overheating.

"Revolver" (Revolver) - An old timey pistol that fires 6 rounds and has heavy damage. Smart-link is disabled.
*stats* (since this is a new weapon altogether)
Damage: good
Range: good
Recoil: Fair
Reload: Poor
Fire Rate(RPS): 1.5
Magazine size: 6
Extra rounds: 30
Semi-automatic

"Machine Gun" (Machine Gun) - One of the newest additions to ONI's line of weapons, the Machine Gun is planned to replace the classic Assault Rifle for spartan use on the battlefield.
*stats*
Damage: good
Range: fair
Recoil: Fair
Reload: Fair
Fire Rate (RPS): 10
Magazine size: 60
Extra rounds: 600
Automatic

"ONI Ghost" (Ghost) - Ever since the end of the Human-Covanent war, ONI has invested alot of time into creating their own variants of each Covanent vehicle. This is the first of many. Improved Ghost with thicker armor and faster fire rate.

"ONI Banshee" (Banshee) - Oni managed to maintain the functionality of the Banshee while creating a much needed improvement. Improved Banshee with thicker armor and full stall capabilities.
(Essentially it can stop in mid-air and not fall to the ground)

"Oni Wraith" (Wraith) - oni essentially introduced the world to a winged scorpion. Improved Wraith with faster firing projectiles and thicker armor.

"Hand Cannon" (Spartan Lazer) - A weapon to prove heavy to even Sierra-117, the Hand cannon is a weapon fitted with mini-MAC rounds that'll make any full-grown soldier piss their pants. Improved Spartan Lazer with EXTREMELY increased damage, with a much longer recharge.

"Viper" (Viper) - Forerunner SMG with an extremely high fire rate, but little damage. Used for smaller raids and firing squads.
*stats*
Damage: Poor
Range: Fair
Recoil: Good
Reload: Good
Fire Rate (RPS): 15
Magazine size: 30
Extra rounds: 180
Automatic
Personally I like the idea of humanised covenant vehicles. All in all I do hope we get all previous vehicles with of course new vehicles/variants. If this is going to be the biggest halo ever than that will certainly be one aspect to prove it.
don't know why, but a gravity gun-like weapon has always felt like it would make for a perfect forerunner weapon. imagine picking up a fusion coil and launching it at terminal velocity towards the enemy
The original SPNKR.
don't know why, but a gravity gun-like weapon has always felt like it would make for a perfect forerunner weapon. imagine picking up a fusion coil and launching it at terminal velocity towards the enemy
I think the railgun needs changed a bit to launch, mainly fusion coils, but really any sizeable object you can find. Pretty neat right? Like the Rock-It Launcher in Fallout.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7