1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What type of new weapons would you all want to see in Halo Infinite campaign
I would like the flame thrower back. Also this could be reskined as a covenant version by making it a broken hunter arm cannon that spews plasma to burn everything i'd call it "the Glasser".
X11 XOMAN wrote:
What type of new weapons would you all want to see in Halo Infinite
Halo reach styled DMR
I'm kinda burned out when it comes to new weapons in Halo tbh. I understand that 343 will need to spice things up a bit to keep people interested, and every Halo game has introduced new weapons to the sandbox, but H5 really went overboard imo. Not only did we get a whole bunch of random new UNSC weapons, we got dozens of variants for each of them.
I'd like a nice mix between the br and ar. A fully automatic mid range weapon with a scope. Also needle grenades. Any new needle stuff really.
I'm kinda burned out when it comes to new weapons in Halo tbh. I understand that 343 will need to spice things up a bit to keep people interested, and every Halo game has introduced new weapons to the sandbox, but H5 really went overboard imo. Not only did we get a whole bunch of random new UNSC weapons, we got dozens of variants for each of them.
There was 1 new unsc weapon. The hydra. Everything else was just buffed versions of existing weapons and as much as I like variety and having different variations of weapons, making them all upgrades and having so many just for the sake of having a bunch was kind of a mistake. If you look at actual new weapons and not variants halo 5 added the least out of every game, only the hydra and plasma caster, unless the hunter cannons counted.
If they add weapon variants back into infinite I'm fully onboard but they need to stay away from stuff like nornfang, answer, spnkr prime, etc. And try to give variants their own purpose like a spec ops br that adds a silencer, night vision, and harder to spot on radar but a higher recoil with a smaller clip or something. Don't make the base weapon useless in comparison to a variant.
And yes, maybe not so many versions of the loadout weapons, the amount was ridiculous.
WillyMcFly wrote:
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Halo reach styled DMR
Wouldn't that just be a DMR with Bloom? That would be horribly outclassed by every other weapon in the game.
Uuv wrote:
WillyMcFly wrote:
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Halo reach styled DMR
Wouldn't that just be a DMR with Bloom? That would be horribly outclassed by every other weapon in the game.
I think he means the visual aspect of it not the gameplay aspect. Tbh I'd love weapon skins that completely change the model. For example the classic and current BR. Instead of making them different weapons just make them a skin yo
Uuv wrote:
WillyMcFly wrote:
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Halo reach styled DMR
No I mean the DMR just looks weird in halo 5 for me at least. I want them to make a design similar to halo reach.
Uuv wrote:
WillyMcFly wrote:
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Halo reach styled DMR
I think he means the visual aspect of it not the gameplay aspect. Tbh I'd love weapon skins that completely change the model. For example the classic and current BR. Instead of making them different weapons just make them a skin yo
WillyMcFly wrote:
Uuv wrote:
WillyMcFly wrote:
X11 XOMAN wrote:
Halo reach styled DMR
No I mean the DMR just looks weird in halo 5 for me at least. I want them to make a design similar to halo reach.
In that case I totally understand that. The Reach DMR was definitely the most appealing visually. Halo 5 gave the DMR a nice heavy sound, but that ugly square long-shot scope without the bullet counter is just a crime.
I'd like a nice mix between the br and ar. A fully automatic mid range weapon with a scope. Also needle grenades. Any new needle stuff really.
There was 1 new unsc weapon. The hydra. Everything else was just buffed versions of existing weapons and as much as I like variety and having different variations of weapons, making them all upgrades and having so many just for the sake of having a bunch was kind of a mistake. If you look at actual new weapons and not variants halo 5 added the least out of every game, only the hydra and plasma caster, unless the hunter cannons counted.
If they add weapon variants back into infinite I'm fully onboard but they need to stay away from stuff like nornfang, answer, spnkr prime, etc. And try to give variants their own purpose like a spec ops br that adds a silencer, night vision, and harder to spot on radar but a higher recoil with a smaller clip or something. Don't make the base weapon useless in comparison to a variant.
And yes, maybe not so many versions of the loadout weapons, the amount was ridiculous.
Now that I think about it, you're right. I think I was more or less referring to 343's handling of the sandbox in general. To correct myself, H4 added weapons I really didn't care for. The sticky grenade was interesting, but kinda weird and it's purpose is already fulfilled by the standard grenades. The storm rifle was just a reskin of the AR, the SAW felt out of place when you consider the AR and SMG are already close to mid-range weapons with far shorter reload times... I could go on but I'll leave it at those. I just really don't like how 343 has handled the weapons thus far. A lot of the weapons that we know and love were completely redesigned for seemingly no reason apart from 343 trying to be different (what was wrong with the plasma rifle that made it necessary to drop it in favor of the storm rifle??). And the rest have been subject to multiple variants that make the original "variants" pointless.

So for me, I guess I would just prefer the weapon sandbox to go back to the simpler times of the old games.
haven't really thought about that, I would just want weapon variants to not be in Halo Infinite and possibly 343 to include every weapon from Halo CE to Halo Reach :)
Battle wrote:
I would like the flame thrower back. Also this could be reskined as a covenant version by making it a broken hunter arm cannon that spews plasma to burn everything i'd call it "the Glasser".
Damn. I love it. And similar to the Sentinel Beam from Halo 2, perhaps it should (A) appear later in the game as a niche weapon, and (B) have two varieties: beam and cannon.
I would like the Brute Spiker grenade to return or something equivalent maybe a Needler grenade
You know how the Covenant have the energy sword? I think the UNSC ought to make their own version reversed engineered from that tech, and use them for close quarters as an alternative for the combat knife.
The pre-Xbox Halo AR, with a model of the MA5B, that thing was amazing.
Let's see the return of the Hydra Launcher
I enjoyed the grenade launcher from Reach, I preferred it over the sticky launcher. But I'd be happy to see the needle rifle return also.
I enjoyed the grenade launcher from Reach, I preferred it over the sticky launcher. But I'd be happy to see the needle rifle return also.
I agree
You know how the Covenant have the energy sword? I think the UNSC ought to make their own version reversed engineered from that tech, and use them for close quarters as an alternative for the combat knife.
I think that's what the Energy Bayonet is.

Granted, at least in-universe, Spartans are incredibly deadly in melee even without weapons. Considering even SIIIs are noted as breaking the arms of Elites in the process of disarming them, and Chief has straight-up crushed an Elite's head like grape in canon. Hell, SIIs have torn the 'guts' out of Hunters hard enough to kill them. All of those feats are stuff that Elites, Brutes, and Hunters can match (Elites have cracked brute skulls by punching them in the face with plasma rifles, and are generally regarded as physically equal to Spartans in several ways-just not sheer skill, the majority of the time, and Brutes and Hunters are both self-explanatory), as well.
This isn't necessarily a new weapon, but I'd like to see the Needle Rifle from Halo Reach return. The Blood of Suban from Halo 5 was really cool, but it wasn't quite the same thing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2