Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What are we paying $60 for in the full game?

OP spirlol

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I personally got lucky. I had a $100 e gift card from Best Buy from when I bought my new tv so I got the pre-order with the Master Chief statue for $12 total after using it (and taxes) so I don't have that much money tied into it at the moment. I'm still annoyed though. I just feel like at this point I'm paying $60 for a campaign if multiplayer is F2P. I'm hoping what that means is a certain mode is free to play but other game modes in multiplayer aren't. If all the multiplayer is free, the least they could do is give us a discount on the armor customizations/colors/coatings whatever it is, or make them free for people who buy the game. I don't know, I'm just not a fan of getting microtransactions to access things that I have gotten access to before in just the base game like in Halo 2, 3, ODST, Reach, etc. Halo 5 personally rubbed me the wrong way the first time I loaded it up since I couldn't even use the emblem I had been using since Halo 2 and had to randomly unlock it, which I'm pissed that 5 years later I STILL don't have the wasp emblem or the Halo 2 Anniversary BR, and they're locked behind a random REQ system. I liked how MCC gave us all the old emblems we used but also gave us unlockable new emblems and I think that is more of the way Halo Infinite should be. But at this point, I'm just ranting frustrations lol
spirlol wrote:
If the multiplayer component of Infinite is F2P, then what would make the rest of the base game unique/good enough to justify a regular price tag for it? Would it be similar to how Microsoft sort of “justified“ ODST’s price tag by giving buyers access to parts of the multiplayer not accessible by those who buy Halo 3, or by some other means?
Maybe not just campaign, vut they might have more singleppayer content than usual. More custom everything? Forge, firefight, coop, maybe a side story... or maybe the singleplayer of Infinite is biiger than we though..
How about this.

F2P MP: You get the big gamemode 343 has been teasing and some minor customization via armor coatings and a monthly rotation of the core MP ( arena gamemodes like infection or BTB )

$60: full armor customization and colorization of all individual armor pieces and access to entire game ( arena, forge, customs and custom browser, campaign and more )

This is what I'm hoping for at least, something like this would be a very positive thing as it would entice new players to try the game out and then buy it to get the rest of the content.
I say that if there are any slot machine mechanics in the game, the game automatically voids its $60.00 value.
DG TKO157 wrote:
What I wanna see and I think we all deserve is a FULL Game on release with the following features included Without any additional charges

Campaign - Must be decently length and not a rush job (No less than 4 hour for Normal completion times on the first play through). it must also keep to the point of a chief focus story while also not feeling that we need to read up on expanded lore (this is supposed to be a point where everyone can jump in old and new if the statements are correct)
Multiplayer - Online Ranked and Social playlists included with a vide array of maps (not just forged ones or rehashes of the same map but with different theme). Battle Royale/Warzone/Invasion/Firefight or what ever mode they decide to put in should also be included here.
Custom Games - This should also be ready from the get go with all game-types available and options to customise game-types for online parties and other gameplay which brings us to...
Forge - Pretty much this could just be a copy of the existing setup but with more objects in the library and we'd be fine. But again like custom and social games...MUST BE IN THE GAME ON LAUNCH; NOT 3 MONTHS LATER. That really was annoying about H5G.
Armour Customisation - Players will be able to customise their appearance such as colours, emblems etc from the start. All Armour Variants to be unlocked through Achievements or Progression milestones, not random chance lootboxes via microtransactions. I am aware that the "Coatings" will be handled by micro transactions and as long as this is just Weapon/ alt armour skins, then that is fine. as long as players can customise without a paywall blocking their creativity.
This is what I expect from a AAA game from a Franchise that has lasted for well over a Decade and also base this on previous titles in the series (Halos 3, Reach and 4) to decide on and support these points.
As for Special/ Limited Editions and Legendary Editions...I have my own scale on working that out based on the series' handling of such things as a whole. Bare in mind this is based on UK Prices at the time...

Halo 3 (2007) - Standard Game was £40 - Legendary at £100
Halo 3 ODST (2009) - Standard game £40 - Limited Edition (Controller) package £60 - Pre-ordering got you Sgt Johnson for Firefight
Reach (2010) - Base game at £40 - Limited at £60 (included Game with the solid case with Halsey's Diary) - Legendary at £100 (Included the Limited edition package and Noble Statue)
Halo 4 (2012) - Base Game £40 - Limited Edition £70 (Included Metal Game Case and Intel Package with early access battle pass)
Halo 5 Guardians (2015)- Base Game £50 - Limited Edition £80 (Included base Game with the Warzone Req Pass, Metal Intel Case and build-it-yourself 7cm Metal Guardian) - Legendary £200 (Included Limited Edition Package and John 117 and Spartan Locke Statue).

Personally I think the Bungie Era for handling of additional Memorabilia content was the better time with it's highest point obviously being Reach; as each edition gave you something physical from the world of halo. In 343's Cases there has been more focus on in game content which people either pay receive exclusively or access early which I feel is a misstep that they really should correct.
Again I hate to keep harping on about this but if 343 are such big reach fans WHY aren't they taking ques from this...
Reach was a complete game where everything available to everyone and was unlockable through progression. the extra editions were simply Merch for more dedicated fans and collectors.

Anyways Sorry for this long winded one...who agrees with what I said for the Base game at least and who agrees that any other editions should scrap the in game early/exclusive access crap.
I know I'm probably beating a dead horse when I agree with you, but you are exactly right. How they randomized the armor in Halo 5 really turned me off. it may just be a little thing, but if I put in a couple of hundred hours and get a really cool piece of armor it really means something. You can actually feel intimidated by people who have hard to get armor pieces.
spirlol wrote:
If the multiplayer component of Infinite is F2P, then what would make the rest of the base game unique/good enough to justify a regular price tag for it? Would it be similar to how Microsoft sort of “justified“ ODST’s price tag by giving buyers access to parts of the multiplayer not accessible by those who buy Halo 3, or by some other means?
Maybe not just campaign, vut they might have more singleppayer content than usual. More custom everything? Forge, firefight, coop, maybe a side story... or maybe the singleplayer of Infinite is biiger than we though..
I would LOVE to see a firefight similar to reach, I put more hours on that than any other part of the game.
All of this presumes the idea that a full priced game needs to comprise of a full SP and MP.

If the SP is significantly longer that what we are used to, then I feel that the value is there to charge full price.
Other than what I've stated before....
(Go check Page 1 for my Lengthy description of what a $60/£50 game should come with to make it worth said price)
...I feel 343 needs to seriously rethink the whole Coating's situation, lumping default colour customisation in with the rest and effectively doing what halo 5 did to the Armour customisation settings of Halos prior, removing them and replacing with a weaker alternative just to get players invested in micro transactions and purchasing them rather than earning them. there is a vast majority that will agree while I do see this as being what some would call an Investment, remember that this also has to stand on it's own on launch.

If the game is lacking at the $60/£50 mark on release then people won't buy them, they'll more than likely get it on game pass for a max of 2 months to earn as many achievements as possible and then drop it making it feel less like a Halo title and more like an arcade title with Halo themes. This also discourages any from getting the extra content editions (again I'm more for actual memorabilia over in game Exclusive or Early access content).

As for what micro transactions could be included, well you've got Nerf Skins, Monster Energy Drink Skins, Holiday Skins, Event Skins, Faction Skins, so you could very well give us the damn basic colour change setup of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Detail colours a long with a default set of emblems so we have at least a decent start when we begin playing the game.

I see people saying this is an investment, but that shouldn't excuse the devs from providing a substandard product just because they are going to add to it. If we are to further invest on top of the initial purchase price, then we need to fee as though it is worth it. Halo 5 was (let's face it) a wreck on first release as it was a third of a game sold at full price and it took until December of that year before the game could have been considered complete, now this was mitigated by the 'free' updates. but again the game still felt lacking in vital areas and I definitely don't want a repeat or similar thing to happen.
If 343i decides to show us multiplayer IF, then we should be able to get a better idea. Unfortunately, 343i has been turtling up ever since the Armor Coatings debacle and they seem to be taking their sweet time with Infinite.
If 343i decides to show us multiplayer IF, then we should be able to get a better idea. Unfortunately, 343i has been turtling up ever since the Armor Coatings debacle and they seem to be taking their sweet time with Infinite.
Hopefully it's because they know they've (Censored) up and are fixing it...on the flip side it could be that they are keeping further development under wraps and hoping it dies down until the games release. Pray it's the former as the way things are, Nobody's gonna be thrilled if all we are left with is THAT explanation for the Armour coatings and are likely to do as I said an wait til it goes on sale or just get game pass for a month to see whether it's worth it.

A Multiplayer Beta should be on their minds though since they do have an added year to get things ready. I do feel that without one, the game could be problematic on release as community feedback has helped Halo devs iron out problems with games prior. Halo's 3, Reach, and 5 all had betas to ensure the game was functional on launch and if any combat issues were rectified. Given that this game is also gonna be flighted directly to PC as well as Consoles (One and Series X variants) seeing that everything functions the way it should in the F2P multiplayer should also be a top priority since if it can't deliver on one of it's key marketing points, then it will just be another case of 343i dropping the ball which let's face it CAN'T happen with a game said to be the platform for halo over the next 10 years.
Probably campaign and potentially firefight.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2