Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What aspects of H5/H4 would you like in infinite

OP general dodo341

Personally i wouldn't like much to return except for maybe the warthog design
Seat switching.
H5 forge.
Halo themed weapon skins.
Halo 4’s Forerunner weapon designs.
Biggest things for me would be thrust, clamber, and custom browser.
The Infinity... so it can be destroyed in Infinite lol. But seriously, H5 forge was quite impressive.
I'm in favor of the art style in both H4 and H5. With that said, there are tweaks that can be made to make it more visually appealing.
First, let's soften/wash out the character model colors. They need to be less vibrant. Also match the character model lighting with the map lighting, thus would make the players look less like a plastic play school armored toys. I love the aesthetic of the Spartan IVs; thier more mass produced look and streamlined armor was pretty iconic in my eyes.
Next, let's have both iterations of the Elites. Have the Arbiter resemble his H2A cinematic model, but also have the larger, bulky variants as well. I wanna see more distiction.
I'd also like to see sprint, slide, and clamber return as base movement mechanics. Maybe thrusters or make it a deft movement mechanic like a quick sidestep motion would be cool.
I'm in favor of the art style in both H4 and H5. With that said, there are tweaks that can be made to make it more visually appealing.
First, let's soften/wash out the character model colors. They need to be less vibrant. Also match the character model lighting with the map lighting, thus would make the players look less like a plastic play school armored toys. I love the aesthetic of the Spartan IVs; thier more mass produced look and streamlined armor was pretty iconic in my eyes.
Next, let's have both iterations of the Elites. Have the Arbiter resemble his H2A cinematic model, but also have the larger, bulky variants as well. I wanna see more distiction.
I'd also like to see sprint, slide, and clamber return as base movement mechanics. Maybe thrusters or make it a deft movement mechanic like a quick sidestep motion would be cool.
While personally i'm not a fan of the overall art style of H4/H5 there are some things that i do like, the vehicle models mostly, but just because i'm not a fan of the art style doesn't mean i wont say that i like your opinion i actually agree with a lot of your opinions.
The Spirit drop ship from Halo 5 looked really cool I thought, especially how the doors on the sides opened up.
From H5, warthog seat switching, hunters, customs browser and a lot of things from forge.

Halo 4 is where I get serious. The first games kept what worked from it's predecessor and fixed what didn't, and while Infinite seems to be going back, they should apply this philosophy to H4 as it was a game that didn't lack, but rather brought too many non-compatible elements to Halo.

The story is phenomenal. The new approach to chief's character, the didact and the forerunner war is a fitting way to carry on the franchise without getting repetitive IMO. H4 also had the largest file share if I remember correctly. The engine pushed the limits. I even think armor abilities could work if managed correctly and specifically. Half of the sound and art design was absolutely perfect and I wouldn't like to see it gone. In infection you were now a FLOOD INFECTED SPARTAN instead of a random zombie. I admit you should be able to use weapons and have the same loadout as everyone, but these time you actually had to survive the infected instead of just sitting and laughing at their incompetence. Nice touch with the yellow spartans. And they absolutely killed it with the action sack and BTB playlists, giving me some of the most fun memories I have in any game. The fact that H4 launched complete on day 1, WITH SPLITSCREEN and didn't have microtransactions would count as it's features if we are lucky to see them in infinite, as it was the latest game to have them so we would be returning to it.
Personally, I hate most aspects of 4/5. Yet the movement controls to me are more like what I would expect from a cybernetic/ augmented superhuman tank. I would like to see this return hopefully in infinite.
1. Clamber
2. Weapon skins
3. Assassinations
4. Switching spots in a warthog
5. Arbiter
6. Weapon variants
7. Super Fiesta, Castle Wars, Breakout 1.0, Husky Raid playlists
8. Hydra, plasma caster, sticky detonator weapons
9. Richochet and Dominion gametypes
. 1080p/4K
. 60fps
. Forge which builds upon the Halo 5: Guardians iteration (at launch)
. Social features like a custom game browser (at launch)
From H5, warthog seat switching, hunters, customs browser and a lot of things from forge.

Halo 4 is where I get serious. The first games kept what worked from it's predecessor and fixed what didn't, and while Infinite seems to be going back, they should apply this philosophy to H4 as it was a game that didn't lack, but rather brought too many non-compatible elements to Halo.

The story is phenomenal. The new approach to chief's character, the didact and the forerunner war is a fitting way to carry on the franchise without getting repetitive IMO. H4 also had the largest file share if I remember correctly. The engine pushed the limits. I even think armor abilities could work if managed correctly and specifically. Half of the sound and art design was absolutely perfect and I wouldn't like to see it gone. In infection you were now a FLOOD INFECTED SPARTAN instead of a random zombie. I admit you should be able to use weapons and have the same loadout as everyone, but these time you actually had to survive the infected instead of just sitting and laughing at their incompetence. Nice touch with the yellow spartans. And they absolutely killed it with the action sack and BTB playlists, giving me some of the most fun memories I have in any game. The fact that H4 launched complete on day 1, WITH SPLITSCREEN and didn't have microtransactions would count as it's features if we are lucky to see them in infinite, as it was the latest game to have them so we would be returning to it.
Literally everything that you said. Every part you've mentioned here with Halo 4 is exactly what I want to translate into Infinite.