Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What Classic Maps Should Return?

OP Remixturization

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Personally, I'd like to see Orbital, Citadel, Assembly, Longshore, and Heretic from Halo 3. What about you guys?
Based off of Halo 5's map design? All of them; take all of the good maps from CE–Reach and put them into Infinite. Seriously, don't even redesign them—just port them in, antiquated textures and all. In fact, 343 should just employ Max Hoberman full-time for all future Halo releases after Infinite because whatever's going on right now ain't working. No more Midship though, it's had enough.
Based off of Halo 5's map design? All of them; take all of the good maps from CE–Reach and put them into Infinite. Seriously, don't even redesign them—just port them in, antiquated textures and all. In fact, 343 should just employ Max Hoberman full-time for all future Halo releases after Infinite because whatever's going on right now ain't working. No more Midship though, it's had enough.
Hahaha. I can't tell if that was sarcasm but I do like the old texture idea. Kind of like what Nintendo is doing with Smash ultimate stages.

For sure Lockout, Turf, Guardian, High Ground, and Powerhouse for me. My favorites!
Hopefully not a single map from H5.

The Pit
Guardian
Narrows
Amplified & Onsalught (MLG forge maps on foundry)
Highground
Sandbox
Avalanche
Midship (H3 Varient)
Valhalla (im sure it will return)
Honestly, none. I don't want my memories of the old ones to be tainted or anything with remakes or reboots or something.

The only way I'd be ok (and I use that word loosely) with something like this, is if they make "sequels" per sey of x map. For example, the map high ground in Halo 3. Maybe the sea rose up wiping out the beach area, there was some rock cave ins that change the terrain heavily, building's got destroyed, maybe a lot of time has passed etc. Use maps from a long time ago (talking early Halo games) Stuff like this, so the map really does look and feel like a new map but has a few elements still from the old one that pays homage to it.

Even with all this said, I'd rather they just make completely new maps though like I said.
Column A, column B. Seriously though, they should outsource map design to Certain Affinity.
Personally, I'd like to see Orbital, Citadel, Assembly, Longshore, and Heretic from Halo 3. What about you guys?
Dude, I'm sorry, but seriously??

Those are like my most hated maps (apart from Heretic) and are generally disliked by most H3 players I know 😂

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though!

I would personally like to see remakes of:

- Guardian
- The Pit
- Narrows

I do not want to see another's Heretic/Midship remake, since it's in almost every Halo ever made. Sick of that map...probably it will be in, just to keep 'tradition' aha
I'd like to see classic Halo maps that have no current official remakes. I don't need any more Blood Gulches, Midships, Pits, Battle Creeks, Lockouts, Sanctuaries, etc. I'm sick and tired of playing the same maps over and over again across Halo games. Any enjoyable Halo maps from Halos 1 to 4 that haven't ever been remade is what I'd love to see again. Some examples include Exile, Abandon, Longbow, Meltdown, Tempest, Spire, Boneyard, High Ground, Snowbound, Isolation, Waterworks, Backwash, Terminal, Containment, Boarding Action, and a faithful Sidewinder remake (Avalanche does not cut it for me).
I just want some of them in the style of halo reach. No remakes. Just a bit open with some stuff on it. Not these labyrinths. Exile from halo 4 would be great. One of two maps I liked from halo 4.
Gaurdian, The Pit, Narrows
If they're moving forward with Halo 5 gameplay like theyve suggested, none of them. Halo 5s gameplay doesn't work with classic Halo maps
Headlong from Halo 2
OMG! Halo 2 maps
Depends on what kind of mobility Infinite has. If it has classic style mobility I'd want a ton of maps to come back, if it's H5 style mobility I don't want any.
I know this post is kinda old but I want official race tracks and high grounds for sure. and a Forge world better than Reaches!
I would like a revamped or all new Forge World.
Nomadic H3 wrote:
Dude, I'm sorry, but seriously??

Those are like my most hated maps (apart from Heretic) and are generally disliked by most H3 players I know 😂

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though!

I would personally like to see remakes of:

- Guardian
- The Pit
- Narrows

I do not want to see another's Heretic/Midship remake, since it's in almost every Halo ever made. Sick of that map...probably it will be in, just to keep 'tradition' aha
Also, I hope a Pit remake becomes a thing.(And not a forge one)
Tombstone, turf, terminal, desolation, guardian, snow bound, sand trap, construct, Valhalla, pinnacle, powerhouse, exodus, complex, skyline, the rig, heaven, monolith, higher ground and epitaph.
Blood Gulch, nuff said. I know you know I'm right.
Given the fact we have no idea how it plays I'd say 'none' as of now. Beloved classics might not work well with different nuances in gameplay.

In terms of inspiration, look at H2. Best maps in the series if you ask me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3