Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What Classic Maps Should Return?

OP Remixturization

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I've been saying this for years: It's time that Turf got a proper remake. It's a great map that's seen little use because it's one of the few that's ever been remade.

I'd also like to see some old DLC maps return as maps in the base game, since not everyone (myself included) never got to experience them. Maps such as Highlands and Tempest from Reach.
No Valhalla bullish!t please, if they don’t change the whole multiplayer mechanics completely.

Respawn outside the base openly to be sniped immediately? No thanks.

Enemies can steal your heavy weapons or steal/destroy your vehicles, it’s the big issue in BTB. Lots of games turn into rubbish time when this happened.

After more than 17 years, they should change those modes.
I’d love to see Longshore, Narrows, The Pit, Guardian, Tundra, and Sandbox return.
I technically agree with these points, sandtrap was my favourite map, sand box,standoff and other maps were fun because they felt more free and let us do what we want. Even visibleand explosive varriers like sandtrap.

They also need to make new naos of course but main thing is that it needs to be more free with no invisible barriers and death timers.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I was always one of those guys that had a list of old maps I'd want in each successive Halo installment. Now im one of those new maps only type of people. I really dont care to see any if were going to see this sprint/advanced mobility trend keep clinging on. The old maps play nothing like they did with those mechanics and it just makes me want to go back to the old games.
I'd personally like to see a lot of the maps throughout Halo be brought back but higher quality kinda like MCC did with H2A. Definitely a lot of the Halo 3 maps like Guardian, Pit, Narrows, and much more I would love to see back. I would even say don't redesign some of them because they are so iconic. Just as long as all the maps get a little love and aren't sticky like Truth was to me I'm good. The only map that "bugged" me was Truth because I always found myself stuck on geometry. If that was minimized then the current style of Truth would even be fine. At the same time, I'd love to see more of the new stuff.
High ground! Absolutely love that map.
Sandtrap. It's the only great map never remade outside of forge.
Blood Gulch and Valhalla are basically a Halo multiplayer archetype at this point. If your Halo game is not fun on this style of map, then it needs more work.
Instead of remaking old maps, I'd like to see some original map creations. Like in Halo 3, they made Guardian, which has similar design as Lockout from halo 2. I guess I like the "spiritual successors" area. Feels similar but not the same and not just recycling maps. Nevertheless, maps I'd like to see in the new halo game would be Terminal (with real trains that might hit you), high ground, and Avalanche.
Valhalla. Halo 4 version
Spire from Halo Reach

i would like to see come back😃
i personally want a developer remake of foundry and forge world
We know absolutely nothing about the gameplay yet, so it's way too early to decide as maps designed for one gameplay style don't always work with a completely different gameplay style.
I'd like to see blood gulch, sandtrap, standoff, turf, and avalanche. They all felt open and large, too bad the maps were limited to 16 players. I'd love to see large maps with more players for more large-scale battles.
Personally, I'd like to see Orbital, Citadel, Assembly, Longshore, and Heretic from Halo 3. What about you guys?
Any thing that is actually a small arena map ; Turf ,Warlock ,Backwash ,The Pit ,Guardian , Elongation. Actual arena maps , not these stretched out oversized abominations that they tried to call Arena in Halo 5.
The reason why I wanted old maps in Halo5 is cause all of them are bad (well collosseum is fine).
I would be very pleased with good maps no matter what it takes. I don't know who created the multiplayer maps in the first Halos but he should come back or help 343i out.
More symmetric maps and less "details" to get stuck on while walking.
I really like Plazas design though
CruX M85 wrote:
The reason why I wanted old maps in Halo5 is cause all of them are bad (well collosseum is fine).
I would be very pleased with good maps no matter what it takes. I don't know who created the multiplayer maps in the first Halos but he should come back or help 343i out.
I don't think any of the games have had a single map designer. All of the maps are made by different developers and tweaked and polished by still others. Lots of hands go in to a finalized map (well most of them any way). There are a couple of examples (Lockout for one) that only had one or two main developers.

For more detail.......Just for information's sake , One guy , generally , will come up with a general map design or concept (think story board) , after initial development it is handed off to another person or team for general aesthetic design , given to yet another individual or team for smoothing paths and spawn design , and maybe still yet another person or team for final polish , bug squashing , and final weapon placement ; and all of this is happening while every iteration is being play tested repeatedly for viability.

A map generally goes through a long process before being introduced to the actual player base.
Sunsdune wrote:
CruX M85 wrote:
I don't think any of the games have had a single map designer. All of the maps are made by different developers and tweaked and polished by still others. Lots of hands go in to a finalized map (well most of them any way). There are a couple of examples (Lockout for one) that only had one or two main developers.
I'm pretty sure in at least Halo CE and 2 most multiplayer maps are one man jobs. Based on the game credits, the number of people who could've participated designs of maps seems to be around 2-5 throughout the original trilogy. Reach is kind of unclear, but for Halo 4 and 5 the respective teams appear to be much larger with 10+ people, though it's still possible that the basic designs come individuals, and the extra artists are there just to deal with the more complex art of modern games.
tsassi wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
CruX M85 wrote:
I'm pretty sure in at least Halo CE and 2 most multiplayer maps are one man jobs. Based on the game credits, the number of people who could've participated designs of maps seems to be around 2-5 throughout the original trilogy. Reach is kind of unclear, but for Halo 4 and 5 the respective teams appear to be much larger with 10+ people, though it's still possible that the basic designs come individuals, and the extra artists are there just to deal with the more complex art of modern games.
I thought I had seen a Vidoc about The Cage from Reach , where the designer ; which was the same designer as Lockout ; make a statement about it (Lock out) being one of the few 1 or 2 man jobs. Entirely possible I miss heard or am just mistaken. Sorry for the misinformation.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3