2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Sunsdune wrote:
tsassi wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
CruX M85 wrote:
The reason why I wanted old maps in Halo5 is cause all of them are bad (well collosseum is fine).
I would be very pleased with good maps no matter what it takes. I don't know who created the multiplayer maps in the first Halos but he should come back or help 343i out.
More symmetric maps and less "details" to get stuck on while walking.
I really like Plazas design though
I don't think any of the games have had a single map designer. All of the maps are made by different developers and tweaked and polished by still others. Lots of hands go in to a finalized map (well most of them any way). There are a couple of examples (Lockout for one) that only had one or two main developers.
I'm pretty sure in at least Halo CE and 2 most multiplayer maps are one man jobs. Based on the game credits, the number of people who could've participated designs of maps seems to be around 2-5 throughout the original trilogy. Reach is kind of unclear, but for Halo 4 and 5 the respective teams appear to be much larger with 10+ people, though it's still possible that the basic designs come individuals, and the extra artists are there just to deal with the more complex art of modern games.
I thought I had seen a Vidoc (Probably from Halo 4 about the Lock out successor , sorry I can't remember the name, might have even been Reach) where the designer ,which was the same designer as Lockout ; make a statement about it (Lock out) being one of the few 1 or 2 man jobs. Entirely possible I miss heard or am just mistaken. Sorry for the misinformation.
I mean, I could definitely be wrong too. I noyl know for certain that Rat Race was built by Hardy LeBel, and Halo Nation tells me Hang 'Em High is by Peter Marks but without a citation. With that said, Ascension seems to have at least contributions from Chris Carney and Steve Cotton. So, maybe not one man jobs, but I wouldn't expect there to have been many people designing one map considering there are quite a few maps in the original games, but not so many map designers.
dbl post
tsassi wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
tsassi wrote:
Sunsdune wrote:
CruX M85 wrote:
The reason why I wanted old maps in Halo5 is cause all of them are bad (well collosseum is fine).
I would be very pleased with good maps no matter what it takes. I don't know who created the multiplayer maps in the first Halos but he should come back or help 343i out.
More symmetric maps and less "details" to get stuck on while walking.
I really like Plazas design though
I don't think any of the games have had a single map designer. All of the maps are made by different developers and tweaked and polished by still others. Lots of hands go in to a finalized map (well most of them any way). There are a couple of examples (Lockout for one) that only had one or two main developers.
I'm pretty sure in at least Halo CE and 2 most multiplayer maps are one man jobs. Based on the game credits, the number of people who could've participated designs of maps seems to be around 2-5 throughout the original trilogy. Reach is kind of unclear, but for Halo 4 and 5 the respective teams appear to be much larger with 10+ people, though it's still possible that the basic designs come individuals, and the extra artists are there just to deal with the more complex art of modern games.
I thought I had seen a Vidoc (Probably from Halo 4 about the Lock out successor , sorry I can't remember the name, might have even been Reach) where the designer ,which was the same designer as Lockout ; make a statement about it (Lock out) being one of the few 1 or 2 man jobs. Entirely possible I miss heard or am just mistaken. Sorry for the misinformation.
I mean, I could definitely be wrong too. I noyl know for certain that Rat Race was built by Hardy LeBel, and Halo Nation tells me Hang 'Em High is by Peter Marks but without a citation. With that said, Ascension seems to have at least contributions from Chris Carney and Steve Cotton. So, maybe not one man jobs, but I wouldn't expect there to have been many people designing one map considering there are quite a few maps in the original games, but not so many map designers.
Out of the two of us , I would presume you to be the more knowledgeable , (being the monitor and all , you probably study these types of minutia far more than I) and therefore concede the point.
Valhalla, absolutely
Hang Em High, Prisoner, Chill Out, Lockout, Midship, Guardian, The Pit
As much as I like the old maps, I'd like to see some well designed fresh ones. Halo 5's were pretty average and Halo 4 only offered a couple memorable ones, so hopefully 343i has gotten the hang of it by now. Although, it really depends on what the gameplay will be like. That being said, I'm always down for Zanzibar.
Honestly, I feel as though some maps from halo CE are deserving of an hd reimagining. By far, CE had some of the more unique maps of the series.
I am partial to smaller maps, but here are a few that I would love to be remade.

Lockout
Turf
Ascension
Construct
Guardian
Zanzibar
Relic
Cold Storage
Longshore
Avalanche
Ghost Town
Elongation
Boarding Action
Damnation
Wizard
Been wanting to see Gemini in new graphics. That map was quite enjoyable to play on.
OMG! Halo 2 maps
I’d be totally fine with a remake of waterworks....
The Pit would be nice, Blood gluch too! I like Truth from h5
DeusPixel wrote:
Valhalla, absolutely
<p></p> Yes BTB takes me back to 4 player playing with friends lol such a great map.
See, I feel like I'm that crazy guy who wants to see a remastered Orbital.

But I'd be down for Sandtrap and Boneyard again-especially as double-sized Warzone/regular BTB hybrid maps.
I would love to see a Zanzibar remake. Probably one of my all time favorite maps. Then I’d like to see a remake of chill out for CE. That would make me super happy.
Sandtrap(with elephants)
Sandtrap from Halo 3
I don't really have a preference and tend to agree that maps from the ground up designed with Halo: Infinite physics/mechanics in mind would be best. That being said, I'll just list some of my more liked halo maps. Yeah and I know some of my tastes are a little out there. Looking at you Halo Reach... Some maps I didn't mention, not because I don't like them, but because they've been done to death (Sanctuary, Lockout, Zanzibar, Blood Gulch, Wizard/Guardian, Midship). I think Battlecreek is the one exception - it just plays so well. I'm sure there are more that I like and just didn't think to mention. Halo 2 has soooo many good maps for example.

Halo CE: Battlecreek, Damnation, Boarding Action (most underrated map ever)
Halo 2: Colossus, Headlong, Burial Mounds, Waterworks, Terminal
Halo 3: Citadel, Standoff, The Pit, Construct
Halo Reach: Countdown (yes! under-appreciated map), sword base (YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! without jetpacks even)
Halo 4: Haven, Solace, Skyline, Monolith
Halo 5: Fathom, Plaza, Empire
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3