Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What cosmetics do you want to see in Halo Infinite

OP Cracjaw

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
After seeing the customization of Halo 4/5 and Reach, I think Halo Infinite should have something awesome in it. I really like the idea of being able to customize every single part of your armor in Halo Reach, but I also like the designs from 5. What do you think should be in the new game. What types of armor do you want to see, maybe something cooler than Achilles? Like Hades? or Zeus? Please comment what you want to see cosmetic -wise (?) in Halo Infinite.
Reach customization/style is the way to go.
Spartan armor is made by a serious organization, and each suit costs a ton of cash (in lore), so why would they go out of there way to add design flaws just to make it look flashy, it's just not how it would be done in real life. They need to think about each armor design from a practical standpoint, not from oH mY gOd Lets ADd a UsEleSs PeIcE hEre BecAusE It wOulD sTanD OuT, because it results in more realistic and overall better looking armor.
Now it may not result in a wider variation of armor, but it sure as hell would be better than 4 and 5 customization. Like look at some armors and tell me why adding 3 circles to a shoulder pad would be more practical or cost effective then a regular shoulder pad.
Another small thing that I would like to see is less visor variation, because half the non-regular looking visors make the helmet look ugly, and worse yet, if it doesn't even have a visor at all.
Look at me straight in the face, and tell me that this is what a real life multi-million dollar war suit would be designed like: https://www.halopedia.org/images/8/80/H4_HAZOP_3d_model.jpg

TL;DR: Make the suits look realistic and practical, and stop making the visors look funky
I honestly would like to see our custom emblems be available on our mjolnir armor again. Maybe we could have the option to use our Spartan Company emblems if they decide to carry over that feature.
I want to see extra stuff besides just armour like the attachments in Reach.
I want to see extra stuff besides just armour like the attachments in Reach.
This please.

Reach has so many interesting gadgets
/wrist attachments/leg attachments you could tack onto armor that really helped build something out of otherwise standard spartan armor.

Also armor effects.
Reach customization/style is the way to go.
Spartan armor is made by a serious organization, and each suit costs a ton of cash (in lore), so why would they go out of there way to add design flaws just to make it look flashy, it's just not how it would be done in real life. They need to think about each armor design from a practical standpoint, not from oH mY gOd Lets ADd a UsEleSs PeIcE hEre BecAusE It wOulD sTanD OuT, because it results in more realistic and overall better looking armor.
Now it may not result in a wider variation of armor, but it sure as hell would be better than 4 and 5 customization. Like look at some armors and tell me why adding 3 circles to a shoulder pad would be more practical or cost effective then a regular shoulder pad.
Another small thing that I would like to see is less visor variation, because half the non-regular looking visors make the helmet look ugly, and worse yet, if it doesn't even have a visor at all.
Look at me straight in the face, and tell me that this is what a real life multi-million dollar war suit would be designed like: https://www.halopedia.org/images/8/80/H4_HAZOP_3d_model.jpg

TL;DR: Make the suits look realistic and practical, and stop making the visors look funky
Okay but have you seen the Tesla cyber truck. I’m just saying 👀

although I do agree practical looking armor would be nice but also extreme variations are enjoyable as long as they seem like they have a specialized purpose. If you look at halo 5’s hellcat body piece it looks very lean and slimming. The Argus helmet looks like it’s made for seeing distance which is great for snipers.

It would also make sense for the UNSC to have a lot of custom armor to enhance what their Spartans are naturally already good at.
although I do agree practical looking armor would be nice but also extreme variations are enjoyable as long as they seem like they have a specialized purpose. If you look at halo 5’s hellcat body piece it looks very lean and slimming. The Argus helmet looks like it’s made for seeing distance which is great for snipers.

It would also make sense for the UNSC to have a lot of custom armor to enhance what their Spartans are naturally already good at.
I agree, theres a certain degree of modifications needed when taking into a count specializations, and thats fine, but it should still remain serious, unlike this abomination:
https://imgur.com/a/pGPbqJ1
I guess I get where they were going with this, but theres flaws, and tons of them for something that requires years of research and development in lore, something like this would fit halo's tone and style much better: https://imgur.com/a/m2QPyBtIt keeps the visor stylish and classical, and makes it look less like a block of cement, and keeps the specialization feel of the helmet realistic and vibrant.

One thing that would be great to see is the overall reduction of needless things on helmets, for instance, look at locke's helmet:
https://news.toyark.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/01/Spartan-Jameson-Locke-Helmet-Replica-002.jpg
Something like this would just visually look better than his actual helmet (albeit a little more polished than this), and it gives a more classical vibe:
https://external-preview.redd.it/iSnwt_r57wM83HWIECnL5HLgFHsFxCFmKBphLI0R15Y.jpg?auto=webp&s=f91abbb35ae2d5be47795a00f9c2d06aff1ee6b1
A variety of marine looking armour and traditional spartan armour would be great to appeal to both crowds. I’d love to see more gadgets, bags, wrist pads etc added to customisation. Reach had a good customisation, aside from the weirdly bulky spartan chests.
Playable Elites
I want to see epic visual conception of other worldly type reinvention. Dead are the days of red VS blue. I'm talking golden skin packs like forza with diamond flame eyes... Precious gems and metals... Forged for a true 4k experience. Maps with realism from creative minds that immerse Gods of Halo into everything from muddy terrains, snowy fields to the thunderous storms of other worlds. Gametypes new and emboldened with evolving maps in objective scenarios where pyramids are laid and pharaohs are risen and fall with strategy and ninja pure shots.

The... Infinite of my friends at 343 who hate pizza 🍕 but desperately need healthy foods

😔
I want to see epic visual conception of other worldly type reinvention. Dead are the days of red VS blue. I'm talking golden skin packs like forza with diamond flame eyes... Precious gems and metals... Forged for a true 4k experience. Maps with realism from creative minds that immerse Gods of Halo into everything from muddy terrains, snowy fields to the thunderous storms of other worlds. Gametypes new and emboldened with evolving maps in objective scenarios where pyramids are laid and pharaohs are risen and fall with strategy and ninja pure shots.

The... Infinite of my friends at 343 who hate pizza 🍕 but desperately need healthy foods

😔
You know thats not going to happen.
The fanbase scarred them half to death when they tried to do something different.

😔
The fanbase scarred them half to death when they tried to do something different.
I, my dear friend,
But you are forgetting this is a launch title and the opportunity to reach (no pun intended) new gamers is guaranteed. The sunk costs of unforseen variables has been realized and now to reap a real return... The risk must be increased. To have a true spiritual reboot, a cross platform infinite 2, and capture entertainment for both the old school and the new school. You never know; there might be a new school one year.
You never know, love... There might be a new school one day.

Kind Regards,
ILLI
ILL MIND

😔
I, my dear friend,
But you are forgetting this is a launch title and the opportunity to reach (no pun intended) new gamers is guaranteed. The sunk costs of unforseen variables has been realized and now to reap a real return... The risk must be increased. To have a true spiritual reboot, a cross platform infinite 2, and capture entertainment for both the old school and the new school. You never know; there might be a new school one year.

Kind Regards,
ILLI
ILL MIND
So.... Since they tried to do something radically different and failed, you think they should go and try something radically different again?
I think that they should save those sort of big changes for spin-offs, like Spartan Strike, ODST, Halo Wars, etc...

On-topic, I'd like to see Armor Attachments and Armor Effects again. I miss my Spartan Birthday Party, grunts get all the fun :(
I'd love to see the JFO helmet again.

One thing that might be cool is to include 5-6 "software updates" to the helmets that you can unlock. These could change the appearance of your in-game UI (grenades, shields, radar, etc.) Nothing drastic and no additional gamebreaking information, just purely aesthetic differences.
Placable mag pouches, bondoliers, harnesses, gadgets ECT. To see a Spartan decked out in tactical gear would make for an amazing esthetic.
To be able to put esthetic equipment where we want would be real neat!
Sylxeria wrote:

😔
I, my dear friend,

Kind Regards,
ILLI
ILL MIND
So.... Since they tried to do something radically different and failed, you think they should go and try something radically different again?
I think that they should save those sort of big changes for spin-offs, like Spartan Strike, ODST, Halo Wars, etc...

On-topic, I'd like to see Armor Attachments and Armor Effects again. I miss my Spartan Birthday Party, grunts get all the fun :(
In short, idk.
It requires some sample data from marketing but if you can get away with revolutionary changes cosmetically... Just about anything can be done. I just can visualize a cooler cosmetic environment... Doesn't mean it's right or wrong for halo.... I'm old school and everything.
It just seems strange to me to not take advantage of opportunities and technology in order to keep a microbase happy.

Kind Regards,
ILLI
ILL MIND
Ken Static wrote:
I honestly would like to see our custom emblems be available on our mjolnir armor again. Maybe we could have the option to use our Spartan Company emblems if they decide to carry over that feature.
I just want the original emblems back...

but either way being able to put the emblem on our armor is needed.
I liked the armor of halo 5, they looked futuristic, I like the armor of the Spartan Locke had wires of lights throughout the armor looked great
I personally would like it if they included armors from the new and old games, that way everybody can feel free to use what they want, without anyone feeling like their opinion is being stomped on.
I'd like the ability to move the emblems on the Xy axis as well as make them larger or smaller. This would allow me to recreate some of the older Halo emblem combinations. I haven't been able to make my Halo 3 fetus emblem since Reach and the Reach version ended up looking like a dinosaur fetus due to small changes in emblem size and placement between games. I couldn't make it at all in 4 or 5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3