What could be the worst mistake

OP Faber9283

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
What could be the worst mistake 343 could make in halo infinite? Your thoughts.
Faber9283 wrote:
They already made it: making the multiplayer F2P so they can monetize the -Yoink- out of it. The game will probably launch with few microtransactions then become increasingly aggressive afterwards. You just wait, AAA developers are so predictable.
Making the weapons boring to fire, judging from h5 (in which only the pistol took skill, ce did it way better)
Gunplay needs to take skill like original Halos, because i got a feeling infinite will revolve mainly around abilities and equipment. And for us that want to strip all that, gunplay needs to be on point. H5's BR was a walk in the park with its laser like firing, Bring back a slightly wider spread depending on the sandbox and lessen aim assist and bullet magnetism. Overall not boring gunplay, i believe its a key aspect to gameplay. Equipment and abilities shouldnt be in the spotlight if you want balance
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
They already made it: making the multiplayer F2P so they can monetize the -Yoink- out of it. The game will probably launch with few microtransactions then become increasingly aggressive afterwards. You just wait, AAA developers are so predictable.
Halo 5 MP was not F2P but it was monetized to hell with gamble-boxes.
At least Infinite will have transparent transactions.
Making the magnum far better than any other gun that there's almost no point looking for other guns *coughs*
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
That too, if im not mistaken they talked about the battle-pass, they never denied MTX. The initial ViDoc cant define a 10 year experience, things will definitely change over time
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
They have already said the model used will be practically the same as that in the MCC. They have also already confirmed their will be no MicroTransactions.

to be honest I’d be fine with some MT’s if said purchases paid for future story expansions, DLC’s and armour sets etc.
xsv wrote:
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
That too, if im not mistaken they talked about the battle-pass, they never denied MTX. The initial ViDoc cant define a 10 year experience, things will definitely change over time
I’m fairly certain they did state there won’t be MTX’s and you won’t be able to ‘buy progress’ in the BP’s but you will be able to buy last ones.
xsv wrote:
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
I’m fairly certain they did state there won’t be MTX’s and you won’t be able to ‘buy progress’ in the BP’s but you will be able to buy last ones.
thanks for clarifying!
xsv wrote:
xsv wrote:
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
thanks for clarifying!
No problem, though I will say perhaps rewatch the 12min MP reveal as I’m pretty sure it was on that, that they clarified about it just in case I am mistaken.
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
They have already said the model used will be practically the same as that in the MCC. They have also already confirmed their will be no MicroTransactions.

to be honest I’d be fine with some MT’s if said purchases paid for future story expansions, DLC’s and armour sets etc.
No microtransactions? What are you talking about? There will be microtransactions in Infinite. Its already confirmed you can purchase armor coatings and emblems. I don't know what game you're talking about, buts its not Halo Infinite.
xsv wrote:
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
There will definitely be microtransactions on top of the battle-pass. There will be no randomized loot (loot boxes). You see what you are buying.
xsv wrote:
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
The battle pass in of itself is a micro transaction. They only confirmed no loot boxes, or gamble mechanics.
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
This is exactly what I'm worried about. People are already defending microtransactions due to the multiplayer being F2P, so they can get away with anything.
Halo 5 aiming. Seriously 1v1's in Halo 5 were not enjoyable because it felt like I was fighting my thumbsticks half the time.

AR starts in Slayer would be a close second. Give us a solid mid-range rifle off spawn so we can fight for equipment and power weapons instead of searching for slight upgrades to the base weapon. Sadly it looks like it will be this way if all else remains equal from the overview.
Now, with Halo dlc, we have had a price per map of; halo 2: 55 cents, halo 3: $3.07, halo reach: $2.69, halo 4: $5.77, and halo 5 $0*

Now we can say that multiplayer is free all day long, but the fluff of cosmetics has increased a ton, and seing how halo 4 was going, halo 5 can be charted even higher with exponential increases, seing req packs could be bought multiple times.

Only 4 of the 12 dlcs for halo 5 included new Maps as dlc, most dlc for halo 5 included new reqs to be aquired through their req system. A total of 15 base maps were added, 3 of them were empty canvases for forge, and 3 of them were half sized variants of their warzone counterparts leaving 9 total dlc maps.

Halo 5's req system, is a lootbox lottery giving items a rarity. Items include Announcers, Helmets, armor, visors, emblems, stances, assasinations, weapon skins, Loadout weapons, power weapons, vehicles, xp, and reqpoint boosts. The ONLY way to get these items is through the req store. Req packs come in 3 tiers, Gold, silver, and bronze prices currently on 6/17/21 at 2.69 or 10,000 rp for 1 gold,1.79 or 5,000 rp for 1 silver, and no monetary price, or 1250 rp for bronze. You get about 1.5k rp per completed game of halo arena (about 8 minutes) Warzone earned rp can vary greatly around 2 to 4k if you have a 12 man team to steamroll, or you are solo as well as win / loss.

Halo infinite better double its campagn missions comparatively to prior titles, seeing it is a 60 dollar campaign, we should see mid 20s of campaign missions out of the box if it in fact did double in value and not just price, unless halo infinite's campagn pack is just fluffed up with the microtransaction battlepass for free.
The worst could be a repeat of the story beats Halo 5 had. Its lookin like they aint doin that again tho.
Biggest mistake will be if they don’t have items that are unlock-able through achievements only, or if there is barely any of them, or if the achievements are all way too easy and everyone has them all after a week.
For me 343 have already made their worst mistake which is to not tell a consistent story, kill off characters off-screen, sidelide them, not develop them properly and make advertisement that has nothing to do with the actual game. I am not super confident they can turn this around, but I just hope Halo Infinite tells at least a consistent story in tone and character for once.
For me it sounds like armour cores are going to be -Yoinking!- dumb. And a huge mistake that is going to cause alot of drama.
Instead of mixing and matching like we are all used to it seems like we are only going to be able to earn unlocks for that specific core "Reach mkv" can't have gear mixed with say mk 7 or that cool -Yoink- samurai armour
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11