OP Faber9283

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
Letting the Battle Rifle continue to exist instead of letting the DMR take its place.
Tried that, DMR failed the test of time buddy.
1: No sirs here.
2: Bullsh*t. They do not choose the DMR every time. You have no idea what you're talking about.
I never said every time. For the vast majority of cases, the DMR is chosen. You don't know what you're talking about. :)
Not putting assassinations in campaign and multiplayer
Not having all features at launch meaning no forge, custom games, Infection, certian gameplay types ect if those arent at launch then the game will die really quickly. Also making the infected players into flood or look infected it kinda killed some of the roleplay in custom game gametypes by them doing that.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
Spoiler:
Show
It’s a small mistake, but there’s no crazy gravity physics w/ the grav hammer
It’s a small mistake, but there’s no crazy gravity physics w/ the grav hammer
That sucks I loved playing with friends and launching them up in the air lol but seriously. And I hope grifball returns
You Nwaah wrote:
Faber9283 wrote:
What could be the worst mistake 343 could make in halo infinite? Your thoughts.
They already made it: making the multiplayer F2P so they can monetize the -Yoink- out of it. The game will probably launch with few microtransactions then become increasingly aggressive afterwards. You just wait, AAA developers are so predictable.
I'm so afraid of this.
mor and colors. That's been the
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
Letting the Battle Rifle continue to exist instead of letting the DMR take its place.
2: Bullsh*t. They do not choose the DMR every time. You have no idea what you're talking about.
I never said every time. For the vast majority of cases, the DMR is chosen. You don't know what you're talking about. :)
Okay, so, because you need a good dragging...

My friend, Liquid Execute:
"The guns have been pretty much half and half since reach.
In the first section of halo 4, the DMR was the choice literally 100% of the time because the BR was a 5 shot. The DMR was more accurate and killed faster with a better zoom. Once they made it a 4 shot, the BR was better in 4v4 in most cases since that slight advantage in kill time is usually the better option"
Yes the BR had a slightly faster ttk post update. It was fairly insignificant though, like maybe 0.05 seconds. This trade off for a weapon with insane precision as well as being easier to use? Yeah, it was still the preferred choice.

Some time after the update, settings where changed to BR starts only, whereas before players were able to choose a loadout of DMR or BR. This is why you saw everyone using the BR instead of the DMR. It's not because the BR was better, it's because players didn't have the choice. When it was found on the map, it would usually be picked up.
Quote:
"In the first half of halo 5 the br was better, even being the main weapon in the beta. But once they nerfed it and made it weird to use, it became worse than the pistol and therefore useless, while the DMR at least had the benefit of its zoom and not having wonky recoil."
In Halo 5 the difference in ttk was slightly bigger, maybe 0.1 second?. Difference is, now you have spartans thrustering and ground pounding, flying around the map like literal jedis. If you think it's easier to track opponents doing these maneuvers than tap fire them, I don't know what to tell you. I'd be willing to concede they were probably picked up in equal amounts here, though that's because they are both preferred over the pistol, not because one is preferred over the other.
Quote:
Bloom wasn't integrated to keep the BR in check lol. That's crazy. It was literally just the sandbox designer not having a f**king clue how Halo worked properly.
Do you mean DMR???
Quote:
I'm not wrong here. Now he and I fundamentally disagree about the BR, I argue the DMR is better for the sandbox because it's binary, you miss or you don't, no sweep-into-hits, he argues that it really makes no difference. While I GET his stance I still don't fully agree but hey, that happens. I'm weird. I think it should be a 2rnd burst and allow LESS room for error if it wants to be so pro, but even I can't deny that the weapon IS hard to use at a high skill level. But, no harder than the DMR. One very much outclasses the other and -
Jesus christ you talk as though you've lived your life in the SWAT playlist. The sweeping headshot situation you keep bringing up is irrelevant if you never crack their shields in the first place. If you're only ever dealing sweeping damage onto an enemy instead of tracking them, you're never going to get to that situation in the first place because the other player is going to kill you long before that.

You have this literally backwards. The MORE tracking that's required by a weapon the HARDER the weapon is to use. The more tracking that needs to be done, the more you need to anticipate enemy movements and the more consistent your aim needs to be throughout the duration of the fight. If I only need to tap fire, then that means my aim only needs to be accurate for each tap, allowing inconsistencies throughout the fight. this results in flick shotting. Flicking is easier than tracking. Therefore, making the gun a 2 round burst will make it easier to use.

Also, both you and your friend are wrong in how the guns affect the sandbox. The DMR is far more damaging than the BR has ever been. Like I said, it does what the BR can do, but better.
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:

In the first section of halo 4, the DMR was the choice literally 100% of the time because the BR was a 5 shot. The DMR was more accurate and killed faster with a better zoom. Once they made it a 4 shot, the BR was better in 4v4 in most cases since that slight advantage in kill time is usually the better option"
Yes the BR had a slightly faster ttk post update. It was fairly insignificant though, like maybe 0.05 seconds. This trade off for a weapon with insane precision as well as being easier to use? Yeah, it was still the preferred choice.

Some time after the update, settings where changed to BR starts only, whereas before players were able to choose a loadout of DMR or BR. This is why you saw everyone using the BR instead of the DMR. It's not because the BR was better, it's because players didn't have the choice. When it was found on the map, it would usually be picked up.
Quote:
"In the first half of halo 5 the br was better, even being the main weapon in the beta. But once they nerfed it and made it weird to use, it became worse than the pistol and therefore useless, while the DMR at least had the benefit of its zoom and not having wonky recoil."
In Halo 5 the difference in ttk was slightly bigger, maybe 0.1 second?. Difference is, now you have spartans thrustering and ground pounding, flying around the map like literal jedis. If you think it's easier to track opponents doing these maneuvers than tap fire them, I don't know what to tell you. I'd be willing to concede they were probably picked up in equal amounts here, though that's because they are both preferred over the pistol, not because one is preferred over the other.
Quote:
Bloom wasn't integrated to keep the BR in check lol. That's crazy. It was literally just the sandbox designer not having a f**king clue how Halo worked properly.
Do you mean DMR???
Quote:
I'm not wrong here. Now he and I fundamentally disagree about the BR, I argue the DMR is better for the sandbox because it's binary, you miss or you don't, no sweep-into-hits, he argues that it really makes no difference. While I GET his stance I still don't fully agree but hey, that happens. I'm weird. I think it should be a 2rnd burst and allow LESS room for error if it wants to be so pro, but even I can't deny that the weapon IS hard to use at a high skill level. But, no harder than the DMR. One very much outclasses the other and -
Jesus christ you talk as though you've lived your life in the SWAT playlist. The sweeping headshot situation you keep bringing up is irrelevant if you never crack their shields in the first place. If you're only ever dealing sweeping damage onto an enemy instead of tracking them, you're never going to get to that situation in the first place because the other player is going to kill you long before that.

You have this literally backwards. The MORE tracking that's required by a weapon the HARDER the weapon is to use. The more tracking that needs to be done, the more you need to anticipate enemy movements and the more consistent your aim needs to be throughout the duration of the fight. If I only need to tap fire, then that means my aim only needs to be accurate for each tap, allowing inconsistencies throughout the fight. this results in flick shotting. Flicking is easier than tracking. Therefore, making the gun a 2 round burst will make it easier to use.

Also, both you and your friend are wrong in how the guns affect the sandbox. The DMR is far more damaging than the BR has ever been. Like I said, it does what the BR can do, but better.
Damn this is funny.

EDIT: So by your logic, automatics are the hardest to use because you gotta' track with 'em the longest right? I must be incredibly skillful then.
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Do you mean DMR???
Quote:

Hey just gracing the forums with my presence.
The DMR was significantly better pre patch. The BR was slightly better post patch h4 after it got buffed to a 4shot.

This isn't true in BTB but BTB doesn't matter at all.

Halo 4 is a joke of a game but the DMR hasn't been better in it in ten years.

In H5 the BR was significantly better and got nerfed. Both of them suck in h5, but the DMR is slightly better, not that it matters.
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
Damn this is funny.

EDIT: So by your logic, automatics are the hardest to use because you gotta' track with 'em the longest right? I must be incredibly skillful then.
Yes, precision automatic weapons. Many other first person shooters feature these types of weapons, though it sounds to me like you've never heard of them before. If Halo is the only fps you've played, it doesn't surprise me that your opinions are so ill informed.

The Flatline or R-301 from Apex Legends are examples of precision automatic weapons. I'm not referring to the Halo AR or SMG when I talk about tracking weapons. Educate yourself before you return with your witty remarks next time.
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
The DMR was significantly better pre patch. The BR was slightly better post patch h4 after it got buffed to a 4shot.

In H5 the BR was significantly better and got nerfed. Both of them suck in h5, but the DMR is slightly better, not that it matters.
Welcome.

I honestly didn't play much Halo 4 or Halo 5. From my recollection though, players would always gravitate towards the DMR in Halo 4, even post patch. In Halo 5, everyone just used pistols. I don't remember the BR nerf, but I'll take your word for it.

I almost exclusively played MLG settings when I played Halo. I also acknowledge though, the competitive crowd is not the only crowd who plays the game and worth having a balanced game. This means, as much as you and I might not think BTB matters, it does to many people. The fact that a starting weapon can suppress a sniper on a BTB map is insane. The fact that it can reliably deal threat to an enemy head glitching from long range is also ridiculous. No starting weapon should be that powerful and this is why the DMR breaks the sandbox and is just too OP as a starting weapon. On top of all this, it's tap fire, making it easy to use generally speaking.
IMO the worst things would be :
  1. Server issues that make the game unavailable at launch especially with the amount of people expected on the game. They probably want as many people as possible on their servers for the technical preview to stress test them.
  2. Matchmaking system issue, kind of like we had when the MCC got released. We couldn't find a game using matchmaking.
  3. Getting cheaters on the game. Anti cheat and banhammer need to be on point.
Spoiler:
Show
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:

Welcome.

I honestly didn't play much Halo 4 or Halo 5. From my recollection though, players would always gravitate towards the DMR in Halo 4, even post patch. In Halo 5, everyone just used pistols. I don't remember the BR nerf, but I'll take your word for it.

I almost exclusively played MLG settings when I played Halo. I also acknowledge though, the competitive crowd is not the only crowd who plays the game and worth having a balanced game. This means, as much as you and I might not think BTB matters, it does to many people. The fact that a starting weapon can suppress a sniper on a BTB map is insane. The fact that it can reliably deal threat to an enemy head glitching from long range is also ridiculous. No starting weapon should be that powerful and this is why the DMR breaks the sandbox and is just too OP as a starting weapon. On top of all this, it's tap fire, making it easy to use generally speaking.
I mean, you just straight up remember wrong.
I was a 50 in h4, and champ in h5.

Halo 5 beta was BR starts, and the BR was a useful pickup while the DMR wasn't.

BTB doesn't matter. If they cared about BTB, the guns wouldn't be hitscan. The DMR is useful in btb but that's not the discussion. I was playing the only world champion halo 4 player in the world the other day. Guess what? BR user, even in 6v6.
Lock everything behind pay walls.
CB5795 wrote:
Lock everything behind pay walls.
Hate to break it to you, but paid season passes (only half of the passes), and the single player will be.

Jokes aside, Same Hope they never do that.
I hate having to put more money into a game I just paid for regardless of price but over 60 dollars for a game hopefully there be something you get for free
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. 10
  6. ...
  7. 11