What do we want from Halo Infinite?

OP IllusionRemix47

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Hello everyone, before I start, add some ideas in the comments before reading.
It would also help if you support the ideas am bringing and don't be mad.
Now ill show you a list of things we got and hoped for.

Also if there are any disagreements then do not make them harsh. If you disagree with most of the ideas then go ahead, I wont stop you.

What we got:

1. Old Art Style but with a Halo 2 Anniversary theme for the graphics.
2. The original Mark 6 Armour from halo's 2,3
3. The Halo Reach Marines.
4. The old music.

Thats all I could really get from the new H.I trailer.

Now we shall get onto what we want.

What we want from Halo Infinite:

1. Remake of the Scorpion (Atleast from my prespective)
2. No prometheans. (In my opinion really but if you want prometheans back then thats fine by me but make sure they are not as focused on since we want covenant to come back into the focus too)
3. Change of the weapon art styles (Halo 3 and reach themed from my prespective)
4. Open World since most fans like it and considering PUBG and stuff.
5. Add playable elites back.
6. Add a lobby similar to Destiny.
7. Make the armour Customisation's better.
8. A story that makes total sense, even for the the newbies.
9. Add the Falcon back.
10. Get rid of the disliked weapons.
11. Give the marines more potential in the story.
12. Focus on only the Master Chief.
13. Give it a halo 3 feeling.
14. Fix the menu freeze after leaving a match.
15. Add space battles.
16. Don't make ugly halo Armour for multiplayer.
17. ADD THE SCARAB BACK AND NOT A BIG GIANT MACHINE THAT LOOKS BORING.
18. No micro transactions. (NVM they added it so RIP DXX)
19. A Waterhog Run!!

If there is anything I missed then add it in the comments.
I'm going to have to disagree with "What We Want."

I don't mind the Prometheans returning alongside the Covenant, open world is an interesting concept to explore with a Halo game, and I don't see how replicating any lobby or social hubs from Destiny would benefit Halo Infinite.
how would open world be terrible theres been amazing games that are open world or pretty close to it
What I would like:

Major/Minor clanmatch (Spartan Company) playlists
Classic Gameplay (No AA's/No Sprint)
Round based gametypes (1 flag, 1 bomb) back into Matchmaking
A veto option in Matchmaking
Dev made BTB maps on Day 1.
A Ranked BTB Playlist.
Playlist rank like Halo 3. 1 Exp per win.
An improved Ranking system
HCS/MLG playlist day 1
Armor/Helmet/Ect unlockables through rank or credit purchase (like reach) instead of Random REQs
Ranks that reset every 6 months-1 year. Much longer period of time than H5 ranks.
Hmmm...I'll keep it simple.
Yes
  • Classic gameplay
  • Classic art style
  • A good story
  • Good multiplayer maps
  • The Flood, the Covenant, AND the Brutes
  • Ability to explore environments like H1 and H2
No
  • Microtransactions
  • Battle Royale type -Yoink-
  • RPG elements
  • Warden Eternals
  • Rampant Cortanas :(
PS: Open world is okay, but don't overdo it. CE does it best.
open world would be intresting, and make halo infinite stand out more from the other games, look at Breath of the wild, that was a huge cahnge and it turned out great.Also, the Prometheans would be ok, as longas their done well.
I really love the smart-link it's very realistic to the Halo universe. They should keep it & possibly give it some more options or adjustments .
Hello everyone, before I start, add some ideas in the comments before reading.
It would also help if you support the ideas am bringing and don't be mad.
Now ill show you a list of things we got and hoped for.

What we got:1. Old Art Style but with a Halo 2 Anniversary theme for the graphics.
2. The original Mark 6 Armour form halo's 2,3
3. The Halo Reach Marines.
4. The old music.

Thats all I could really get from the new H.I trailer.

Now we shall get onto what we want.

What we want from Halo Infinite:1. Remake of the Scorpion (Atleast from my prespective)2. No prometheons.3. Change of the weapon art styles (Halo 3 and reach themed from my prespective)4. Do not make it open world. It would be terrible.5. Add playable elites back.6. Add a lobby similar to Destiny.If there is anything I missed then add it in the comments.
To address the "What we got"
1. It doesn't exactly appear to be the old art style, but a middle ground between the old and the new, which personally I was hoping for in Halo 5. It took some getting used to the new Forerunner look, and I believe there was some lore explanation about that being the Warrior-Servant styled designs as opposed to the designs in the originals being Builder designs.
Regardless, I find a merging of the old and the new to be perfect.

2. That appears to be true from what we can see, but there could be more (or less) to it than that. I actually hope 343i doesn't do a total double back on all things artistic design. I wasn't opposed to the new armour variants and looks, and again think a good way forward would be mixing the old with the new.

3. I don't think we can determine that those Marines are of the Halo: Reach variant design. They look to be just as likely the design from Halo 4-5.

4. The music did change and adapt between CE to 3. But I certainly agree Halo 5 lacked some spirit from the music that all the others had.

As to what we want.
1. I've enjoyed all of the vehicle designs from Halo CE to Halo 5, so I'm not too fussed by that. Maybe my only preference there would be bringing some more kinds of vehicles and large levels where there could be lots of vehicular combat to complete the mission.

2. The Prometheans definitely took some getting used to, but things can't stay the same in Halo forever, and I did eventually get used to them and enjoy them in the game. And narratively it simply wouldn't make sense to remove them from the current story arc.

3. I don't see any need to change the weapon design. Halo 4 and 5 both had a good design language going there.

4. I hope we get something with vast levels with story elements discoverable throughout the map, but not being open world exactly.

5. I see this debated a lot! I'm a day one fan since CE came out, but growing up I lived somewhere with prehistoric level internet so I never played Halo online until Halo 4. But I've got to wonder, with the different profile of the Elites, does that make them an easier target than Spartan characters?
In saying that... I enjoy playing Star Wars Battlefront II and there are droids with different profiles and that works just fine... I guess why not!

6. Why? The lobby in Halo 5 worked well...

What I personally want is more related just to narrative and story progression.

I want to see the Chief humanised more.
I wouldn't at all mind some kind of easter egg (or straight up in the game) where we get to see John's face, and that of Blue Team. I would love to see Blue Team interacting with each other the way that they do in the expanded lore.
I want to see the Spartan Sarah Palmer implied in the novels, not the Spartan Ops smeared version that cast a shadow over her character development.
Given the Forerunner saga books, and the richness of ancient humanity story injected into Halo 4, I really really REALLY hope that we get more ancient humanity inclusion into the story in a meaningful way.
Given the path Cortana has gone, I want to see some things from her perspective, at least try and make her more sympathise-able or at least give us some fuel to either pity her perverssion of sense and power.
Bring back the San'Shyuum (Prophets) to some extent!
Change the Sangheili model back to the style in Halo 2A. As a standalone design, I don't dislike Halo 4 and 5 versions of them, but comparatively to Halo 2/2A they just don't jive.
1. Well thought out story.
2. Good ending to the created story arc.
3. (Been shouting this since the change in Halo4, and since I first read about S.P.I. armour) Since back to the "old" art style, I would love to see the return of Gen 1 Rouge armor (at very least the helmet) along a in-game wearable S.P.I. armour set.
4. The return of armor sets that are tied to certain achievements.
5. In-game reason for the [look of the] armor change, NOT another "it was nan-bots" explanation.
6. ¿Quad split screen? (Maybe)
7. Simplified Multi-player (weapon wise)
8. The full return of map pick-ups
9. Customized loadouts. (Reach style)
10. Multiplayer "walk" speed increase (while taking away sprint. Or having a separate sprint playlist in multiplayer.
11. The return of the flood, with a great in-game in-universe explanation.
12. More armor customization. (More parts of body via Halo: Reach)
13. Keep weapon skins but reduce the amount of skins, while adding to the amount of weapons that can be skinned.
14. Black Undersuits!!
15. Some kind of story link or even a cameo from Halo Wars 2 characters.
What I want from Halo Infinite:1. Remake of the Scorpion (Atleast from my prespective)2. No prometheons.3. Change of the weapon art styles (Halo 3 and reach themed from my prespective)4. Do not make it open world. It would be terrible.5. Add playable elites back.6. Add a lobby similar to Destiny.If there is anything I missed then add it in the comments.
1. Sure that seems nice.
2. Well if they made them fun to fight then I wouldn't mind them but if there like 4,5 then I'd say no to them too since tired of the constant teleporting.
3. Not sure about that. (I'd happy enough with classic art style)
4. That doesn't make sense to me...I've been wanting bigger maps for a while since 4,5 was way too linear, lacked the ability to explore, I'm sick of seeing kill boundaries everywhere.
5. Agreed, it's a popular request too.
6. I'd rather they avoid Destiny, Destiny is what put me off from trusting Bungie.
Want:

Halo 5 but with better and much longer missions all with Chief.
Keep all the Spartan Athletic Abilities because nobody wants to watch grown spartans crawl around a map.
Bigger worlds with more detail and more immersion.
Better attention to the matchmaking system and actually create fair battles.

Less:

HCS, and pro players.
Less old school and more new age, push progression don't live in the past.

Basically I disagree with everything that you want and dislike. 343i already has the games you want, it's called Halo CE-3 +Reach and ODST. I'm ready for gaming of the future.
What I want?
Local Multiplayer.
Good story.
Co-op campaign.
More customization for Spartans (able to mix and match armor). If not, oh well, but I at least want the first 3.
I sincerely hope a new engine means the level design and gameplay will be highly overhauled. I always thought the reason Halo never evolved past these samey mission design was because of the engine limitations. Ie. the terrain can't be too much open being a big one. It was always about relatively open spaces put together with corridors of some sort or another. And personally, it felt like it got worse over time. I must admit I didn't play Halo 5, as I don't have an Xbox One (but from what I understand the gameplay and level design was left highly untouched), but I found Halo 4 extremely depressing. I liked Reach, but the short missions and the very limited mission design was disheartening. There were some great bits, but it felt like Halo loosing steam. Halo 4 had longer missions, and maybe the mission design felt less limited, but it lacked a tremendous amount of imagination.

I think the true optimal Halo experience was Halo 3, even though I prefer in a certain way Halo CE and 2. The gameplay was at its sharpest, with inventive level design and the largest open areas of any Halo game. Both scarab encounters were glorious, and vehicle encounters in general were at its best. A true step up from prior games. The scarab encounter in Halo 2 was great at its time (heck, it still is), but playing Halo 3, you really felt like Bungie upped the ante, that you were playing some next-gen game. Granted, most of the missions were pretty similar in scope to Halo 2, but still. It only feels downhill since then. Reach's scarab encounter feels nowhere close to Halo 3's encounters from both an excitement and technical point of view (let's not talk about Halo 4 lacking anything coming close). I really think it was the limitations of the engine that got worse over time. Unless the game designers lost all creativity. Of course, it's not all about scarab encounters, but I think it's just a good example of how the game didn't live up to the evolution you would have expected. There were some real level design gems in Reach, but it was mixed with some of the franchise's poorest. Halo 4 was just standard stuff from the beginning to the end....

What they need to do is take Halo to the next evolutionary step, so the franchise stops ripping itself off. I am absolutely against a sandbox design. There are really good sandbox games, but for a shooter like Halo, we need a truly solid design built up for exciting encounters. Far Cry 3 (haven't played 4) is a good example of how sandbox designs can make things boring. I'd prefer simply huge mission areas, but not sandbox. Make them huge so you have a lot of freedom over tactics, ways to get across the terrain, etc. I'd say bring more vehicles. Water vehicles too. It would be great to have lakes and rivers, to make an all-encompassing experience. Halo has the right core gameplay mechanics to make this sort of thing real fun. But the old formula has gone stale since ODST (though I loved that one). There's just no point releasing yet another rehash of the same old. Otherwise I'll just play the original trilogy again!

Oh, and please, give us the choice to have first person views when driving/riding any vehicle! (I always thought riding the hornet in first person view would be terrific, shame it was never the case...)
how would open world be terrible theres been amazing games that are open world or pretty close to it
It would be like pubg and stuff and I don't think halo wants to go that far into making it open world.
It would be copyrighting and show that Halo are trying to compete in a fight with others game that they cannot win. If you like open world then don't complain in the chat.
Hmmm...I'll keep it simple.
Yes
  • Classic gameplay
  • Classic art style
  • A good story
  • Good multiplayer maps
  • The Flood, the Covenant, AND the Brutes
  • Ability to explore environments like H1 and H2
No
  • Microtransactions
  • Battle Royale type -Yoink-
  • RPG elements
  • Warden Eternals
  • Rampant Cortanas :(
PS: Open world is okay, but don't overdo it. CE does it best.
I agree with you. Combat Evolved did very well with balanced out elements and always had a great system of sorta staging enemies in certain areas where you would have to get through them to progress. I want to see the exploration elements from Halo 1 and 2 with the flood included also.
What I want from Halo:

A game which takes Halo CE as its foundation, then refines and polish its gameplay and mechanics to make them more responsive, more impactful.
Then adds some of the newer assets of the newer games, for example the Grenade Launcher, Plasma Launcher, Pelican, Revenant and so forth.

Health regeneration could return, but with a twist.
You'd have a Bio Foam container in your suit which is used when you regenerate health, the more damage it regenerate the emptier it gets. If no Bio Foam is left you can't regenerate health. Bio Foam containers would replace health packs.

Weapon swapping could be requested to team mates.
Same with seat swapping.

Map remixes returned with better execution. For instance: There should have been three Midship inspired maps, we got two, Truth and Regret. Prophet names, Mercy was then a Haven remake. It should instead have been a UNSC themed Midship map, like Truth was Covenant and Regret was Flood.
Enough different "layouts", and for each layout, three version with a running theme.

Several vehicles requiring two or more people, like the Warthog and Pelican.

That's pretty much the basics.
Things I really want but are kind of "big" are these:

Promethean modular weapons. You have a basic weapon, and then pick up different modules which grant a specific attribute to your basic promethean weapon. Like Seeking, or Scatter. Two or three modules could be attached and all add their own specific attribute to the weapon.

Firefight without waves. Maps as big as new mombasa and the AI learn how you play and try to counter you with different unit compositions, reinforcements and down times.

Galactic Conquest, you pledge loyalty to a specific faction, then play multiplayer matches against the other factions for dominance of planets, asteroids and whatnot, and the ultimate goal is a specific planet or galactic dominance.
BTB Bill wrote:
What I would like:

Classic Gameplay (No AA's/No Sprint)
I absolutely, positively want to keep sprint, but otherwise I can get on board with no AA’s. Sprint is actually the only feature that I’ll need to have in Halo Infinite to be able to enjoy it; otherwise it might as well be titled “Halo Finite.”

I’d like to see the flood and brutes return and perhaps thrust and clamber too... I think it would be beneficial to put Osiris and Palmer aside (perhaps not to even have them at all), and bring complete closure to this silly AI civil war thing with the created... Ideally the AI problems would be solved early on, or just explained away during the intro so that this Halo game can go forward with its own unique agenda instead. Also I’m genuinly intrigued by the Open World concept (or at least a partial open world), if executed properly. I think larger spaces to explore, with larger battles and bigger stakes will help capture the audience; along with more drama and suspense in the campaign.

Also I think OP’s done a decent job of lumping together some good thoughts for Infinite; however I don’t know that it’s fair to label this “What we want,” when it’s really just going to consist of what you want to have. Just my two cents anyway.
Uuv wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree with "What We Want."

I don't mind the Prometheans returning alongside the Covenant, open world is an interesting concept to explore with a Halo game, and I don't see how replicating any lobby or social hubs from Destiny would benefit Halo Infinite.
I don’t think of it as a bad thing though (open lobby) I will admit the thought of running around as my spartan on board the infinity would be amazing.
It would be copyrighting and show that Halo are trying to compete in a fight with others game that they cannot win. If you like open world then don't complain in the chat.
how would it be copy writing no company owns the genre of open world
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4