Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What do you all think about Halo Infinite?

OP XGN Legatus

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
It’s gonna be awesome!
It looks nice graphically and artistically.
Going off of what little anybody knows, it was a nice glimpse at the new engine.
looks amazing so far its off to a promising start
Artistic direction and tone are great in the trailer. Reminds me of Halo: Reach graphics and Halo CE tone and storytelling. The best of both worlds in my opinion. The game looks very promising based on what little we have so far.
It actually looks like a Halo game.
I know right lol
Nothing much yet given all we have seen is an engine showcase and a lot of things can change.
I have high hopes for Halo Infinite, can't wait to see what 343i has in store for us.
Well, because people are saying the Flood and old Combat Evolved style might come back in Infinite, I have some very high hopes that 343i listened. It also seems to look a whole lot like what Halo: Combat Evolved was originally supposed to look like in the beta stages. If you look in the E3 2000 trailer for the game, they had planned wildlife and a much more scenic space compared to what was released in 2001 because it was supposed to be a third person shooter for Mac in 1999 before Bungie started teaming up with Microsoft who later decided that it be put on the XBOX. This basically looks a little bit like that from what I observed but just with some way better graphics and a new engine.
The trailer had me hyped up. At the beginning I thought it was another expansion for Halo Wars 2, because it had a cartoonish look to it.

I hope it is graphically amazing. Halo has always been one of the better looking games when it releases.
Kind of a shallow thread, here OP but I’ll bite. Like many other Halo vets I’m cautiously hyped until further notice.
Can't say much about a game that hasn't came out yet. But I will say that by looking at the trailer, the art & graphics look pretty good. 343i's last project(Halo Wars 2) was a pretty good game as well, so the little things that 343 has been doing tells me that they're listening to fans and that restores my faith in the Halo franchise. I think we'd actually get something good out of Halo Infinite to be honest.
Yeah it looks like a kind of open world game almost to me
Kind of a shallow thread, here OP but I’ll bite. Like many other Halo vets I’m cautiously hyped until further notice.
Yeah same here I don’t want to get too hyped cuz halo 4 and halo 5 were kind of poopoo compared to the other games but yeah I think it looks good.
Yeah same here I don’t want to get too hyped cuz halo 4 and halo 5 were kind of poopoo compared to the other games but yeah I think it looks good.
The campaigns had their issues and Dominion was “meh,” but there were some good things that modern Halo has brought to the table. At least that projectile H3 BR got tossed into the trash (where it belongs for eternity) and sprint is absolutely awesome. The overall gameplay is just so much more fluid now in modern Halo, but Infinite does need to be better. They need a better story, better character development, just an all around better campaign in nearly everything category.
The campaigns had their issues and Dominion was “meh,” but there were some good things that modern Halo has brought to the table. At least that projectile H3 BR got tossed into the trash (where it belongs for eternity) and sprint is awesome. The overall gameplay is just so much more fluid now in modern Halo, but they need a better story, better character development, just an all around better campaign in nearly everything category.
The gameplay is a copy of COD. Sprint, perks, enhanced mobility, ADS, killstreaks, hit markers/grenade indicators, ETC are all copied from COD. Sprint is not awesome because it breaks the golden triangle of Halo and makes you vulnerable to other players. Why would you want to not be able to shoot, melee, regenerate your shields, and throw grenades just for a speed boost? If you really want to get around faster then just up the movement speed to 110% or 120% and If that’s still to slow jump into a vehicle or find a teleporter or man cannon so you can get around faster without becoming weak and vulnerable. For Infinite to be better, they need classic gameplay, a good story, classic soundtrack, playable Elites and Brutes, and the classic art style.
Yeah it looks like a kind of open world game almost to me
Hope not. An open world Halo game would be boring. They should make levels a lot more open but not fully open world. For example: The Ark, Halo, and The Covenant.
Hey I know you’re kinda new here but you should probably just reply once instead of multiple times in a row. You could try editing your last post next time to add in more text! Good luck
The campaigns had their issues and Dominion was “meh,” but there were some good things that modern Halo has brought to the table. At least that projectile H3 BR got tossed into the trash (where it belongs for eternity) and sprint is awesome. The overall gameplay is just so much more fluid now in modern Halo, but they need a better story, better character development, just an all around better campaign in nearly everything category.
The gameplay is a copy of COD. Sprint, perks, enhanced mobility, ADS, killstreaks, hit markers/grenade indicators, ETC are all copied from COD. Sprint is not awesome because it breaks the golden triangle of Halo and makes you vulnerable to other players. Why would you want to not be able to shoot, melee, regenerate your shields, and throw grenades just for a speed boost? If you really want to get around faster then just up the movement speed to 110% or 120% and If that’s still to slow jump into a vehicle or find a teleporter or man cannon so you can get around faster without becoming weak and vulnerable. For Infinite to be better, they need classic gameplay, a good story, classic soundtrack, playable Elites and Brutes, and the classic art style.
Are you trolling because halo always had ADS the magnum, br and sniper. Sprint game around during reach a little after the prime of halo and the original developers did that along with those long gone perks as armor abilities. Also I never knew halo ever had killsteaks. After that you got the golden triangle wrong it was Melee, nades, and shooting not shield regen.

i will also say halo has always been a game about skill you of all people should know this being a fan of classic halo. You should know not to sprint around the map like your flash and walk like classic fan you are because sprinting doesn’t play a huge role in halo 5 it allows for some added tricks to be done when combined with thrust. But you are mainly walking for most of the game sprint is used to cover ground faster
lastly halo has always been about movement my dude halo was always who moved around the map better with halo 5 advanced movement you are given more options in halo 5 furthering the skill gap
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2