Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

what do you want to see in infinite

OP Tuxedoedcjdj

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Leos Nuts wrote:
If there are thruster armor abilities I want to be able to combo that with a melee for an instakill

The grapling hook needs to be faster
This would kill the game.
mid/long rang weapons would become useless on small maps against grapling hook/AR/Melee Combo.
I hope this never happens.
Leos Nuts wrote:
If there are thruster armor abilities I want to be able to combo that with a melee for an instakill

The grapling hook needs to be faster
This would kill the game.
mid/long rang weapons would become useless on small maps against grapling hook/AR/Melee Combo.
I hope this never happens.
mid/long range weapons would become useless if the grappling hook became faster , also the flow of the gameplay would become super fast titanfall 2/infinite warfare super fast
Leos Nuts wrote:
If there are thruster armor abilities I want to be able to combo that with a melee for an instakill

The grapling hook needs to be faster
This would kill the game.
mid/long rang weapons would become useless on small maps against grapling hook/AR/Melee Combo.
I hope this never happens.
Someone's scared of cqc
The flood? Yeah. I wanna see the flood again.
Leos Nuts wrote:
Leos Nuts wrote:
If there are thruster armor abilities I want to be able to combo that with a melee for an instakill

The grapling hook needs to be faster
This would kill the game.
mid/long rang weapons would become useless on small maps against grapling hook/AR/Melee Combo.
I hope this never happens.
Someone's scared of cqc
Not at all.
But were talking about a game with a nearly 20 year old formative gameplay style.
If this changes massiv, it wouldnt be halo anymore.

A too fast hook with too much range would negate a lot of skill.
Distance would become meaningless on small corridor maps.
Every beginner could hook&melee all day long, punishing better players with midrange weapons.
Consequently many weapons would become meaningless. Its Halo, a shooter, its a gunfight, not Super Mario Brawl.
If the hook needs a comparable skillset i would be ok with it.
As of characters i would like to see the arbiter and lasky return, maybe buck too.
after reading new blood and bad blood i think 343 are planning a returnn of alpha-nine for infinite
Sorry for going off-topic, but are those books good reads? I'm really enjoying Shadows of Reach right now, I could give them a try afterwards.

As for what I'd like to see in Halo Infinite, I'd like to visit other worlds in lieu of being in installation 07 the whole time. Reach, Earth, maybe a space station.
Leos Nuts wrote:
Leos Nuts wrote:
If there are thruster armor abilities I want to be able to combo that with a melee for an instakill

The grapling hook needs to be faster
This would kill the game.
mid/long rang weapons would become useless on small maps against grapling hook/AR/Melee Combo.
I hope this never happens.
Someone's scared of cqc
Not at all.
But were talking about a game with a nearly 20 year old formative gameplay style.
If this changes massiv, it wouldnt be halo anymore.

A too fast hook with too much range would negate a lot of skill.
Distance would become meaningless on small corridor maps.
Every beginner could hook&melee all day long, punishing better players with midrange weapons.
Consequently many weapons would become meaningless. Its Halo, a shooter, its a gunfight, not Super Mario Brawl.
If the hook needs a comparable skillset i would be ok with it.
I disagree, I think it would show skill. We have maybe two- three viable cqc options when it comes to weapons and melees- shotgun, sword, fist. There are way more weapons designed for mid range to long range encounters, not to mention explosive weapons that relegate any attemps at CQC void in a second. Thrusters arent constant and some well timed shots as well as a well timed thruster punch opens the door for maybe a double-kill and more permutations of CQC. I can think of three ways to counter my idea in-game as I'm typing this up- I still don't see how a thruster punch detracts from the Halo experience while literal ground slam and wall clutching exist. Id love to hear why an extra reserve option for a CQC one tap that has to recharge with the armor ability is game breaking on its own. Are you really a better player if noobs with basic movement controls can constantly run you down and thruster punch you? You can't think of any way to avoid that situation. Toss a grenade. Make them choose to use their thrust for defence or offence and then engage. Maybe you could travel with a buddy so they can take out the enemy after they burned their thrusters out. You could also keep your distance and kill the enemy before they get too close (like always). You're over thinking this. It's entirely doable and would give noobs a way to engage in a way that's atleast helpful to their teams as something other than scorpion food.

Ironically I think my idea would make shotguns, swords and snipers more viable
i think i can invalidate half your arguments with a quote of myself.
If the hook needs a comparable skillset i would be ok with it.
For the other part and how to counter it, its hard to say this without appearing disrespectful, but i think i know what im doing ingame. So i would be doing fine no matter what. But its not about me, its about the general balancing and gameplay.

As i said, Halo is a shooter, not a melee game. I see no reason to expand the arsenal of melee combat any further.
What would be the benefit? Its hard enough to balance all weapons besides the spawnsystem, power ups, ordonance drops, possible armour&weapon customization and whatever new mechanic might come into the game.

I believe the game would benefit more from a focus on the basics.
Everything else has to be integrated very carefully. And since Halo 3 nearly every new mechanic was discussed very polarized.
A hook could be fine if handled with caution but could also be very harmful if too powerful.

On another note its not even about how i like the gameplay, but how halos fanbase does.
Its not 2004 anymore, there is a lot more competition on the market.
And if halo gets more CoD or whatever, it means it loses its unique selling point.
With production and marketing costs in the multi millions, there has to be a focus on the biggest buyers group out there.
And thats old school halo fans. You dont have to spend marketing dollars on them. They see a new halo, they buy it.
IF its a halo they expect. If its too fast, too slow, too different, they might switch to another game.

For the campaign its a bit different, thats traditionally a casual thing. But multiplayer is a coreplayer genre.
And if they in any way consider it to be an eSports title, there must be a wide skillgap.
Something that not broken, too random or what makes other weapons/skills redundant.
And i would bet, thats not the hook.
i think i can invalidate half your arguments with a quote of myself.
If the hook needs a comparable skillset i would be ok with it.
For the other part and how to counter it, its hard to say this without appearing disrespectful, but i think i know what im doing ingame. So i would be doing fine no matter what. But its not about me, its about the general balancing and gameplay.

As i said, Halo is a shooter, not a melee game. I see no reason to expand the arsenal of melee combat any further.
What would be the benefit? Its hard enough to balance all weapons besides the spawnsystem, power ups, ordonance drops, possible armour&weapon customization and whatever new mechanic might come into the game.

I believe the game would benefit more from a focus on the basics.
Everything else has to be integrated very carefully. And since Halo 3 nearly every new mechanic was discussed very polarized.
A hook could be fine if handled with caution but could also be very harmful if too powerful.

On another note its not even about how i like the gameplay, but how halos fanbase does.
Its not 2004 anymore, there is a lot more competition on the market.
And if halo gets more CoD or whatever, it means it loses its unique selling point.
With production and marketing costs in the multi millions, there has to be a focus on the biggest buyers group out there.
And thats old school halo fans. You dont have to spend marketing dollars on them. They see a new halo, they buy it.
IF its a halo they expect. If its too fast, too slow, too different, they might switch to another game.

For the campaign its a bit different, thats traditionally a casual thing. But multiplayer is a coreplayer genre.
And if they in any way consider it to be an eSports title, there must be a wide skillgap.
Something that not broken, too random or what makes other weapons/skills redundant.
And i would bet, thats not the hook.
We're talking about two different things right now. To clarify, I saw the hook in the trailer, in mp all it will do is make you a really slow moving target for anyone not directly infront of you.

As for the thrust punch, nothing you said objectively makes sense especially since melee has infact always been a core part of the gameplay and has stagnated since halo 3. You haven't said anything about why a thruster, melee combo shouldn't be added to our basic arsenal- you did, however, emphasize the melee combo would be over utilized by noobs, which is not a problem in and of itself. I even gave you specific reasons on how thrust melee can give more depth to mp aspects outside of melee itself. All you did was lazily compare Halo to CoD and speculate on how everything that doesn't line up with Halo 3 is going to be bad without giving any detail. You're not making any sense. Please elaborate
You have a different opinion. thats ok. But doesnt make you right in the slightest.

Your "i gave you specific reasons" arent reasons. Just your opinion and you cant back it up, because you do not understand the balance of the game.
You run around and get slaughtered. Thats your way to play the game. Your stats speak a clear language.
Its ok if its make fun for you. But its clear as glass that you do not understand whats happening around you.
I assume most of the time you did not even know how you died.
So how do you want to know what an impact one or two unbalanced close combat weapons or skills can have on this game?

What really strucks me is the ignorance that an inexperienced player like you has the nerve to school others on how to "avoid" these cqc situation.
You can't think of any way to avoid that situation? you said. Throw a nade you said. Travel with a buddy you said.
You do not know what your talking about mate. 0.9k/d means you get demolished every time you encounter someone not on your team.
Nothing wrong with being bad in a video game. But to have the nuts and tell others how to deal with close combat after dying every time someone comes close to you, just to win an argument is low.

Do you remember the time H3 came out? Month long discussions over the "overpowered" assault rifle on a daily in the forum.
Later on the plasma pistol overcharge would drain energy because the pp/pistol combo was broken. In H4 it drained 20-25% compared to 0% in H2. Thats how impactfull a single weapon can be that even cant kill someone on its own. You need to combo it which at least took some skill.
They had to nerv the Magnum/SMG combo in the original H2 because it was too strong.
The Reach Magnum also got nerfed. They clearly do not want the focus on close combat and that is the right thing to do.
Its part of the game yes. But too much of it wont work. All 6 versions of the game proofed that.

So to put an end to this let me clarify a 3rd time:
I never said the hook would ruin the game. I just issued my concerns that it could.
You have a different opinion. thats ok. But doesnt make you right in the slightest.

Your "i gave you specific reasons" arent reasons. Just your opinion and you cant back it up, because you do not understand the balance of the game.
You run around and get slaughtered. Thats your way to play the game. Your stats speak a clear language.
Its ok if its make fun for you. But its clear as glass that you do not understand whats happening around you.
I assume most of the time you did not even know how you died.
So how do you want to know what an impact one or two unbalanced close combat weapons or skills can have on this game?

What really strucks me is the ignorance that an inexperienced player like you has the nerve to school others on how to "avoid" these cqc situation.
You can't think of any way to avoid that situation? you said. Throw a nade you said. Travel with a buddy you said.You do not know what your talking about mate. 0.9k/d means you get demolished every time you encounter someone not on your team.
Nothing wrong with being bad in a video game. But to have the nuts and tell others how to deal with close combat after dying every time someone comes close to you, just to win an argument is low.

Do you remember the time H3 came out? Month long discussions over the "overpowered" assault rifle on a daily in the forum.
Later on the plasma pistol overcharge would drain energy because the pp/pistol combo was broken. In H4 it drained 20-25% compared to 0% in H2. Thats how impactfull a single weapon can be that even cant kill someone on its own. You need to combo it which at least took some skill.
They had to nerv the Magnum/SMG combo in the original H2 because it was too strong.
The Reach Magnum also got nerfed. They clearly do not want the focus on close combat and that is the right thing to do.
Its part of the game yes. But too much of it wont work. All 6 versions of the game proofed that.

So to put an end to this let me clarify a 3rd time:
I never said the hook would ruin the game. I just issued my concerns that it could.
Right, because someone who thinks Melee isnt an integral part of gameplay, and hasn't been since CE, should be taken more seriously than someone with a .9 KD and a suggestion to a game that they can back up by bringing up the weapon sandbox as a whole. Good thesis, m8. Stay on topic, you still have no argument for why im wrong on either the grappling hook speed or the thruster melee- you're just obfuscating and changing the subject.
I really wanted to be able to modify weapons during the campaign, something close to what you have in the halo 5 warzone.
Leos Nuts wrote:
You have a different opinion. thats ok. But doesnt make you right in the slightest.

Your "i gave you specific reasons" arent reasons. Just your opinion and you cant back it up, because you do not understand the balance of the game.
You run around and get slaughtered. Thats your way to play the game. Your stats speak a clear language.
Its ok if its make fun for you. But its clear as glass that you do not understand whats happening around you.
I assume most of the time you did not even know how you died.
So how do you want to know what an impact one or two unbalanced close combat weapons or skills can have on this game?

What really strucks me is the ignorance that an inexperienced player like you has the nerve to school others on how to "avoid" these cqc situation.
You can't think of any way to avoid that situation? you said. Throw a nade you said. Travel with a buddy you said.You do not know what your talking about mate. 0.9k/d means you get demolished every time you encounter someone not on your team.
Nothing wrong with being bad in a video game. But to have the nuts and tell others how to deal with close combat after dying every time someone comes close to you, just to win an argument is low.

Do you remember the time H3 came out? Month long discussions over the "overpowered" assault rifle on a daily in the forum.
Later on the plasma pistol overcharge would drain energy because the pp/pistol combo was broken. In H4 it drained 20-25% compared to 0% in H2. Thats how impactfull a single weapon can be that even cant kill someone on its own. You need to combo it which at least took some skill.
They had to nerv the Magnum/SMG combo in the original H2 because it was too strong.
The Reach Magnum also got nerfed. They clearly do not want the focus on close combat and that is the right thing to do.
Its part of the game yes. But too much of it wont work. All 6 versions of the game proofed that.

So to put an end to this let me clarify a 3rd time:
I never said the hook would ruin the game. I just issued my concerns that it could.
Right, because someone who thinks Melee isnt an integral part of gameplay, and hasn't been since CE, should be taken more seriously than someone with a .9 KD and a suggestion to a game that they can back up by bringing up the weapon sandbox as a whole. Good thesis, m8. Stay on topic, you still have no argument for why im wrong on either the grappling hook speed or the thruster melee- you're just obfuscating and changing the subject.
Bro he already stated his reasons on why it COULD ruin the mp. also it is impactful that you are a noob. Do you not understand the impact on Halo's core fan group which is fans who have been playing for years. They want fights which are won by skill with weapons and not hitting two buttons in someones general direction. I know I am not that good either but it is easy to comprehend that most want original movement it is halo's unique selling point for new players. I want something cool and not another CoD game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2