Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What don't you want to see in halo infinite?

OP fartwhisperer17

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
A lot of topics focus on what aspects players would like to see return. Id like your opinion on what parts of the game you definitely would NOT like to see return in halo infinite.
A massive open world. 343 have in no way shown they are capable of this and we all saw just how bad open world games can get when made by a developer with little to no experience in them.

As well i don't want a million different armor variants. Reach managed to have enough that you felt their was plenty to customise with but few enough that each was recognizable and distinct. 343 so far have gone with quantity of quality and dispte everyone in different armor we all look the same
I don't want to see the dev-team jumping onto the battle royale bandwagon.
While BRs are fun and exciting, they've had their time, and one of the ways Halo: Infinite could distinguish itself from other games would be to NOT include this game-mode.
No battle royale, please! Those games die out so fast and get too repetitive.

I'd like to see the removeable of the magnum has main weapon...I mean come on...it's A MAGNUM!!! We're not John Wick here!

I'd like to see sprint gone (Not gonna happen)
I'd like to see clamber gone
I'd like to see thrust gone
Pretty much any armor or spartan ability gone

I don't want a number rank to be the main thing I see. Do some of Halo 3 with emblems, but Halo 2 number ranks with colors and changes, and use Reach cR for armor and boosts. I really hate seeing a number at the end of my name, rather than a rank or emblem or something cool!
ouv wrote:

I don't want a number rank to be the main thing I see. Do some of Halo 3 with emblems, but Halo 2 number ranks with colors and changes, and use Reach cR for armor and boosts. I really hate seeing a number at the end of my name, rather than a rank or emblem or something cool!
Entirely agree with these points. (Don't really disagree with your others, but think there's so much discussion of those and it's such a divisive topic that not worth retreading here).

Please also don't redo the HW2 ranking error at launch and have people max rank too fast then only very late in the game cycle add more ranks, but on the flip side *PLEASE* reduce the grind required to get to whatever the 152 equivalent is because 152's grind is just too painful for words.

Can the game please also launch with anything like Achilles/152 grind requirements known up front and not used as a desperate attempt to bring people back to a game. Let's know what we're getting in for before we dive in and let groups (be that spartan companies or not) have a goal from the start.
I’d like to see:
  • No sprint
  • No Spartan Charge
  • No ads with unscoped or melee weapons.
  • No forced white (or other) paint on armor sets.
  • No Battle Royale
  • No Halo 4/5 Elites or Grunts
  • No winner’s circle or victory celebration (just a “Game Over” and the scoreboard.)
  • Less but better armor variants.
  • No purely RNG based armor unlocks.
I’d like to see:
  • No sprint
  • No Spartan Charge
  • No ads with unscoped or melee weapons.
  • No forced white (or other) paint on armor sets.
  • No Battle Royale
  • No Halo 4/5 Elites or Grunts
  • No winner’s circle or victory celebration (just a “Game Over” and the scoreboard.)
  • Less but better armor variants.
  • No purely RNG based armor unlocks.
100% agree
Custom Loadouts
Whatever Halo 5's emblem, UI screen thing was
Armor Abilities
Titan smash and Titan bash. Possibly clamber, thrust.
NO MORE NUMBER RANKS: Had two games and numbers are boring. I want actual ranks like Reach instead of 1-152
Seasons, I've explained in another thread why seasons are terrible
Bronze,silver, gold etc "ranks" Go back to 1-50 playlists with no reset
Whatever the crouching thing is in Halo 5. You shouldn't be able to spam crouch while moving. You couldn't in Halo 2/3 but now you can crouch and shoot accurately. Nah

Probably more things but I'm sure others will fill in
A horrible campaign like Halo 5.
Anything that is obviously intended to try and draw the audience of another game at the expense of the established fanbase.

If I wanted an open-world game, Ubisoft has that market cornered, I don't want a Halo skin on a Far Cry game.
If I wanted to play a Battle Royale, then I'd play one (I won't, ever, but still).
If I wanted to play Call of Duty, then I'd go play that.

Halo should be Halo, not a bastardized version of something else
No Battle Royale
No Spartan Abilities
Etc

IF they made a playlist that played like Classic Halo (no sprint, no clamber, no ADS, etc) and supported it just as much as the nu-Halo playlist I'd be down with that. That would be cool. That, I think, would be a decent compromise. It would need to have different maps, though. The game balance is off with all of the new abilities.
MorseyBaby wrote:
ouv wrote:

Entirely agree with these points. (Don't really disagree with your others, but think there's so much discussion of those and it's such a divisive topic that not worth retreading here).

Please also don't redo the HW2 ranking error at launch and have people max rank too fast then only very late in the game cycle add more ranks, but on the flip side *PLEASE* reduce the grind required to get to whatever the 152 equivalent is because 152's grind is just too painful for words.

Can the game please also launch with anything like Achilles/152 grind requirements known up front and not used as a desperate attempt to bring people back to a game. Let's know what we're getting in for before we dive in and let groups (be that spartan companies or not) have a goal from the start.
I'm unsure about the HW2 ranking system, so I can't talk about that, but don't have the Halo 3 boost 50 rank. I've gotten multiple 50's in Halo 3 boosted, 23 games, 23 wins 23 games 50. That's just insane.

The halo 5 152 rank you can tell was late response. How are you going to do 152. What does that even stand for. I can see 150, but not 152. If they did 200 it'd make more sense and wouldn't seem as long. But to put 1-150 total xp to be equal to pretty much 150-152. That's just lazy and last minute. Should of done 200.

Yesss! Like knowing when I got INHERITOR in reach and got the skull, that was awesome. In halo 5 it's just an emblem....nothing at all. At least halo 3 you got 5 star general and could rock that thing everywhere.
•Sprinting
•H4-H5 art style
•A -Yoink- story
•Excessive microtransactions
•A lack of interesting characters
•A lack of playable elites
•Warzone Firefight (just bring the ODST one back)
•Forge-made maps in ranked playlists
•Clamber
•Short missions
•A lack of interesting boss fights
•ADS
•Prometheans (or make them actually interesting)
•Loot Boxes/REQs
I don't want it to have one campaign only, i mean if 343i made like multiple campaigns with each having their own story that would be cool. Also i wouldn't like it to not have any terminals like H5.
- micro transactions/req packs
- useless ranking system
- horrible lobbie set ups (bring reach style back)
- weapon bloom on precision weapons
- ground pound/spartan charge 50/50 on this one
- battle royal (all though I always wondered how a halo one would be)
-being able to unlock armors without the blood, sweat & tears. (For example: If someone pays $150 for the legendary edition of halo infinite and gets some cool armor don’t make it publicly available to get 6 months later)
- art style (halo 4 and 5 Spartans looks like cheap clean plastic figures)
- useless ranking system
-being able to unlock armors without the blood, sweat & tears. (For example: If someone pays $150 for the legendary edition of halo infinite and gets some cool armor don’t make it publicly available to get 6 months later)
agree with everything but concencus on ground pound/spartan charge its definitely not 50/50
- useless ranking system
agree with everything but concencus on ground pound/spartan charge its definitely not 50/50
Oh I was saying it like “I don’t know how I feel about it”. Personally I never really use ground pound. And I rarely use spartan charge. Maybe it just me but it ticks me off when some dude who just spawns runs all his way across the map to charge me hahahahaha. Every now and then I run into a guy who that’s all he uses and somehow mastered the art of those two features and blasts me with a AR from point blank.

was saying if they leave it in it’s ok if not then it would not bother me.
- useless ranking system
Oh I was saying it like “I don’t know how I feel about it”. Personally I never really use ground pound. And I rarely use spartan charge. Maybe it just me but it ticks me off when some dude who just spawns runs all his way across the map to charge me hahahahaha. Every now and then I run into a guy who that’s all he uses and somehow mastered the art of those two features and blasts me with a AR from point blank.

was saying if they leave it in it’s ok if not then it would not bother me.
ohhh I see what you mean
Any sort of microtransaction economy involving real-world currency. Reach did currency right, keeping it contained within the game and based purely on in-game merit (although I do believe they could've given PvE players more means to earn credits than they did in that game.)

I'd also hate to see any Battle Royale mode or a story that feels as melodramatic and underwhelming as those of Halo 4 and 5. I can't quantify that last bit with anything but my personal taste, but I just haven't enjoyed the narrative direction 343's taken the series in.
- No spartan abilities (Halo 5 was fun, but it didn't feel like a halo game IMO classic halo is more fun) If there had to be one spartan ability to keep I would say keep thrust.
- High auto aim and magnetism. (H5 is supposed to be competitive, but it has to much weapon magnetism because of spartan abilities)
- Trueskill 2 ruins matchmaking. (Trueskill 2 makes social secretly ranked and causes people to smurf so they can relax and play social without having to worry about ruining their KD or MMR on their main accounts)
- H5 rank system. (H5 rank system rewards players who play more games and collect csr rather than only focusing on accurately placing players in their correct ranks)
- H5 lobby (It doesn't show any information on players you are matched with)
- Lack of unlock able armor, emblems, and skins in H5 (Infiniite should have weekly challenges and achievements to work towards that allow you to unlock certain weapon skins, emblems, and armor. It will make players play the game more and increase the population which will be good for 343. 343 should also have separate skins and armor that can be purchased)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7