Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What ESRB rating Halo Infinite will have?

OP GHUNTERthaFIRST

Since Halo 5 had a rating of T for teen. Will 343 continue this or will it ramp up the shock values up to be a M rating for Mature 17+. I really hope 343 doesn’t disappoint and hold back. Who thinks the same?
Since Halo 5 had a rating of T for teen. Will 343 continue this or will it ramp up the shock values up to be a M rating for Mature 17+. I really hope 343 doesn’t disappoint and hold back. Who thinks the same?
I would agree, I hope it is M at least.
More blood and gore would be nice.
I hope they go M rated, but i think that they will keep it T.
Only ESRB knows what rating the game will have and that won't be decided until closer to the time of release
stckrboy wrote:
Only ESRB knows what rating the game will have and that won't be decided until closer to the time of release
Yes while that is true, but we can still have our opinions on rating.. until the official ESRB Rating.
I feel the same and hope that 343 does ramp up the blood and all that like prior games. But I think it’s very likely that it will remain T for teen. Unfortunately I’ve heard nothing about this so I would assume the “gear towards younger audiences” would still be in effect. Let’s just cross our fingers and hope for the best. I’d rather have a fantastic T game than a mediocre M game.
I don't understand the desire for a forced 'M' rating. Halo really isn't about Gore or Sex or Torture... Not sure they really could ramp up 'Coarse Language' enough for an 'M' rating, though, that'd be the only way it would make sense to me.

So, 'T' is fine for me. Don't care that much about 'amount of blood'. lol
We won't know, and honestly it doesn't really matter all that much.

The series barely deserved an M rating in the first place.
Eh… Halo has always just barely been an M game franchise and I have no desire to see it pass that. If its rated M again because of similar reasons to past games then sure! But having an abundance of course language, mind-numbing amounts of blood, and 'suggestive content' would be enough for me to detract from the series.
More blood and gore would be nice.
More gore.
I don't really care that much what rating the ESRB chooses to give it - doesn't matter to me whether it says T or M on the box - but it WOULD be my hope that they would never allow a concern to increase the young playerbase, to stop them from telling the stories they might otherwise tell (that would involve more disturbing content like the Flood). That's the moment when it does start to tick me off if they're handicapping the storytelling just because they're shooting for a lower rating to get a few more young players.
I think the better question is what rating is 343 trying to shoot for?