Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What features will make HALO INFINITE legendary?

OP BlackChamber487

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I would like to read everyone's list regarding this.

For me, these features [if included] will make HALO INFINITE the best game it could possibly be.

*This list mainly pertains to Campaign Mode; as that is my primary focus:
  • An open-world, fully explorable Zeta HALO
  • The return of all the classic weapons
  • All of the vehicles from the saga + new ones [i.e. the Falcon returns, all of the Warthog variants, etc.]
  • A.I. that is at least on par with the Bungie games
  • Real-time, dynamic weather
  • Multiple biomes
  • Having access to a Warthog at all times
  • Lots of Marine/UNSC presence
  • Blood/gore at least on par with HALO: Combat Evolved
  • The soundtrack sounds like classic HALO at all times
  • HALO 5's remaining narrative either cleared-up at the very start, kept to a severe minimum, or hopefully done away with entirely
  • Ray Tracing implemented at launch - or very shortly thereafter
  • Shell casings stay on-screen for a while [like in HALO: Combat Evolved]
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The hexagon pillars are only visible near the damaged portion of the ring
  • The Flood return
  • Truly Next-Gen graphics on the Xbox Series X
  • FOV slider
  • Lots of Forerunner structures to explore
  • DLC Campaign missions giving the player more things to do on Zeta HALO
  • A definitive conclusion to the Campaign - no cliffhangers for DLC or a possible sequel
  • Rated "M" for Mature
Share your wishlist for what would make HALO INFINITE perfect🤘🏻💯
I think that your list of features is a great place to start. In terms of lots of Marine/UNSC presence I think and hope we will get that later in the campaign. The beginning is supposed to be that the UNSC lost on Zeta Halo so it would make sense for them not to be there much. Hopefully later on in the story they come back to help defeat the Banished and reclaim Zeta Halo. Above all I think what would make Halo Infinite great for me is it needs to be a game that is fun and relatively bug-free at launch, with a great story and a multiplayer that is rewarding and fun to play. Graphical features and stuff I hope are solid at launch, and things like ray tracing or dynamic weather I can wait for after launch.
An interactive open world, a more gritty art style, gore/blood and most importantly, full current-gen design with no constraints of last-gen or any other inferior hardware.

Sadly, most of these things won't happen.
A powerful narrative and story that challenges the way we think and have an impact on our lives.

Like Halo 2.
Impactful campaign that makes the Halo universe less complicated to casuals and the return to Halo 2/Halo 3 multiplayer with modern improvements.
A brand new Forge with features like deformable terrain and decals. We (or I should say they - as in those with actual talent) should be able to make maps that are indistinguishable from a developer made one.

More custom options - particularly ones that help to even out games between teams/players of different abilities. Halo 5 has heaps of options - but few to help to give one team an advantage.

Scripting 2.0 (which will hopefully help me to sort out our problem with uneven teams in custom games).

A more open ranking system. I understand what they've done and why... but it's still frustrating when you only go up a bit... or drop a heap. It needs to make sense right there and then on the screen.

The classic shotgun. I'm looking forward to the new one... but I want the old one available in customs. Our Tuesday nights always end with Shotguns on Beaver Creek.

Sarge. Nathon Fillion (in any guise they see fit). Chips Dubbo (surely he has a brother/sister)... aussie aussie aussie...
Darwi wrote:
The classic shotgun. I'm looking forward to the new one... but I want the old one available in customs. Our Tuesday nights always end with Shotguns on Beaver Creek.
I mentioned the return of classic weapons - I completely agree, btw🤘🏻💯
  1. Awesome graphics
  2. soundtrack
First and foremost, I want 343 to do their own thing and create their own vision without having the need to please as many fans as possible being their primary concern. I'm not saying it shouldn't be a concern, but it shouldn't be the primary concern. There's a balance. For example, Halo 3 brought Social playlists which allowed more people to feel comfortable playing Multiplayer, which was an awesome thing. Make what you think would be the greatest Halo game ever, and start with that. Because I think they have the potential to do so. For me, this would have:
  • Mature themes, like the Flood, references to the Primordial, more lore and backstory with the Forerunners and Precursors
  • Enemies that bleed when they die. Doesn't have to be a ton, but some blood would be nice so it doesn't look like that Grunt or multiplayer Spartan is just taking a nap.
  • Captivating soundtrack
  • Classic weapons including the M90 Shotgun and M6 Magnum
  • Campaign with large maps and levels, interesting characters and story, and more uncovered backstory on the Forerunners and Halo. I also want it to feel epic and like a fight for survival, like it has a purpose, and it doesn't have these cliffhangers that leave you disappointed to be filled in with half--Yoink- DLC that doesn't really seem to take the story anywhere
  • Multiplayer with a full selection of playlists and game modes on day 1 that doesn't get filled in 6 months later and some getting removed as time goes on
  • More options than ever when it comes to Custom games, File sharing, and Forge
  • Invasion or something similar
  • Double XP weekends
1 thing: a robust multiplayer experience.
LolBrazlol wrote:
I want 343 to do their own thing and create their own vision
The issue with that, is they've already done that 2 times already with HALO 4 & 5 - with mixed impressions on 4 and a near universal disdain of 5. Doing their own thing doesn't seem to work out too well for 343I when they stray from what makes HALO - HALO.🤷🏻‍♂️

Nice list btw!

For me, these features [if included] will make HALO INFINITE the best game it could possibly be.

• All of the vehicles from the saga + new ones [i.e. the Falcon returns, all of the Warthog variants, etc.]
  • Multiple biomes
  • HALO 5's remaining narrative either cleared-up at the very start, kept to a severe minimum, or done away with entirely
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • A definitive conclusion to the Campaign - no cliffhangers for DLC or a possible sequel
  • Rated "M" for Mature
I really appreciate this list because it's basically everything that I want. I would add in: A variety of characters and tie-ins from the canon, and SPACE COMBAT. Not necessarily as gameplay, I'll take a couple cool cutscenes. I've always felt like this was a little neglected in the games... some of my favorite parts of the series are the following:

Reach: Corvette getting hit by a MAC, Frigates coming in for air support in "Tip of the Spear," the Grafton getting shot by the CSO, Savannah getting destroyed, the CSO crashing
Halo 2: The bomb cutscene, it's a little silly but the space combat around it is so cool, In Amber Clad in the slipspace explosion
Halo 3: Human ships attacking Truths fleet over the excavation, the battle over the ark, Forward Unto Dawn coming in from orbit to drop off tanks.
Halo 4: Infinity coming in from the clouds... and kind of the part with Battlegroup Dakota but it was pretty peripheral. That bit in Spec Ops where the Infinity crushes an RCS cruiser is awesome too.

• Multiple biomes
  • HALO 5's remaining narrative either cleared-up at the very start, kept to a severe minimum, or done away with entirely
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • Rated "M" for Mature
I really appreciate this list because it's basically everything that I want. I would add in: A variety of characters and tie-ins from the canon, and SPACE COMBAT. Not necessarily as gameplay, I'll take a couple cool cutscenes. I've always felt like this was a little neglected in the games... some of my favorite parts of the series are the following:

Reach: Corvette getting hit by a MAC, Frigates coming in for air support in "Tip of the Spear," the Grafton getting shot by the CSO, Savannah getting destroyed, the CSO crashing
Halo 2: The bomb cutscene, it's a little silly but the space combat around it is so cool, In Amber Clad in the slipspace explosion
Halo 3: Human ships attacking Truths fleet over the excavation, the battle over the ark, Forward Unto Dawn coming in from orbit to drop off tanks.
Halo 4: Infinity coming in from the clouds... and kind of the part with Battlegroup Dakota but it was pretty peripheral. That bit in Spec Ops where the Infinity crushes an RCS cruiser is awesome too.
I agree. Space battles are cool and should at least be shown in a cutscene.

• Multiple biomes
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • Rated "M" for Mature

I agree. Space battles are cool and should at least be shown in a cutscene.
I love space battles in Halo but I think they do get a fair amount of representation in the games so far. They definitely belong in the cutscenes (like a banished carrier or cruiser flying into battle or something would be dope). I would say I want no less space related battled and scenes than we've gotten in the past.

But yeah a lot of the games have fun space/flying elements to them, either by fighting inside/outside a ship, flying the sabre in Reach, piloting the pelican in halo 4, or piloting broadsword in reach.
some restored/reworked cut content from previous games would be cool
Forge Campaign
-- Create custom PVE missions that you can share with the online community and play with your friends.

Similar to what they did with Gears 5 Escape, but with the flexibility of Forge.

And of course great gameplay and soundtrack!
Gameplay (especially for multiplayer) must match the quality of the original Halo titles. Every Halo title since Reach has divided the fan base.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Gameplay (especially for multiplayer) must match the quality of the original Halo titles. Every Halo title since Reach has divided the fan base.
As fun as multiplayer is; it's not my main focus.

The Campaign is and as such, I want it to be as good as it can possibly be🤘🏻💯

• Multiple biomes
  • HALO 5's remaining narrative either cleared-up at the very start, kept to a severe minimum, or hopefully done away with entirely
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • Rated "M" for Mature
I’m not 17+ yet so I agree with everything apart from the 17+ mature rating increase.

• Multiple biomes
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • Rated "M" for Mature
I’m not 17+ yet so I agree with everything apart from the 17+ mature rating increase.
Have you played The Master Chief Collection?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3