Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What features will make HALO INFINITE legendary?

OP BlackChamber487

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I would like to read everyone's list regarding this.

For me, these features [if included] will make HALO INFINITE the best game it could possibly be.

*This list mainly pertains to Campaign Mode; as that is my primary focus:
  • An open-world, fully explorable Zeta HALO
  • The return of all the classic weapons
  • All of the vehicles from the saga + new ones [i.e. the Falcon returns, all of the Warthog variants, etc.]
  • A.I. that is at least on par with the Bungie games
  • Real-time, dynamic weather
  • Multiple biomes
  • Having access to a Warthog at all times
  • Lots of Marine/UNSC presence
  • Blood/gore at least on par with HALO: Combat Evolved
  • The soundtrack sounds like classic HALO at all times
  • HALO 5's remaining narrative either cleared-up at the very start, kept to a severe minimum, or hopefully done away with entirely
  • Ray Tracing implemented at launch - or very shortly thereafter
  • Shell casings stay on-screen for a while [like in HALO: Combat Evolved]
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The hexagon pillars are only visible near the damaged portion of the ring
  • The Flood return
  • Truly Next-Gen graphics on the Xbox Series X
  • FOV slider
  • Lots of Forerunner structures to explore
  • DLC Campaign missions giving the player more things to do on Zeta HALO
  • A definitive conclusion to the Campaign - no cliffhangers for DLC or a possible sequel
  • Rated "M" for Mature
Share your wishlist for what would make HALO INFINITE perfect🤘🏻💯
I’m not 17+ yet so I agree with everything apart from the 17+ mature rating increase.
Are you really trying to tell me that you don't play games 17+ even though your 17? Because (no offense) that's is weirder than not playing them. I started playing Halo 3 at 4 years old and still to this day.
If 343I really wants to recapture the glory days of HALO with HALO INFINITE; they need to get an "M" rating like the classic games.

If it's "T" rated; I won't buy it💯
64 player BTB like Battlefield

For me, these features [if included] will make HALO INFINITE the best game it could possibly be.

• All of the vehicles from the saga + new ones [i.e. the Falcon returns, all of the Warthog variants, etc.]
  • Multiple biomes
  • HALO 5's remaining narrative either cleared-up at the very start, kept to a severe minimum, or hopefully done away with entirely
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • A definitive conclusion to the Campaign - no cliffhangers for DLC or a possible sequel
  • Rated "M" for Mature
I’m not 17+ yet so I agree with everything apart from the 17+ mature rating increase.
Are you really trying to tell me that you don't play games 17+ even though your 17? Because (no offense) that's is weirder than not playing them. I started playing Halo 3 at 4 years old and still to this day.
Actually it would be quite normal. A lot of people are at the 'mercy' of parents who control what their kids can and can't do. In most cases these are decisions that are for the best of the children.

If your parents are gamers or if you have older siblings then you might find yourself getting earlier exposure to certain (hopefully well considered) games.
64 player BTB like Battlefield
I've seen a few people ask for 64 v 64... and even up to a 100 v 100 for BTB.

At what stage does it become too many?

Playing 16 v 16 seems busy enough? You don't really get a sense of any scale because (usually) there is only what, three to eight players in your immediate vicinity at any one time?

If there are 64 players on my team am I really going to have any more interactions with my team-mates then I do now? Or does Battlefied do it differently (sorry, I've never played). I'm assuming the maps have to be proportionally bigger to spread the players out.

And would the older Xbox One handle so many players. You would have to have more vehicles... and there is the chance that players could congregate into one small area and really punish the hardware at hand.

I think I would prefer to keep it simple... 16 v 16 but have more background activity. Lots of incidental noises, weapons, and explosions from above and around us - to make us feel that our 'small' skirmish is part of a bigger battle. Vehicles could crash and bombs go off all around us (obviously without actually hitting us) to give us that storming a beach feeling.
Darwi wrote:

• Multiple biomes
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • Rated "M" for Mature
Actually it would be quite normal. A lot of people are at the 'mercy' of parents who control what their kids can and can't do. In most cases these are decisions that are for the best of the children.

If your parents are gamers or if you have older siblings then you might find yourself getting earlier exposure to certain (hopefully well considered) games.
Yeah... no. Study showed that almost 60% of M rated video games are played by kids from 9 to 16 year olds. I'm not making fun of you or saying that is is wrong to not play them. You do what you think is right. But even when it comes to Halo, the games almost need to be m-rated. Without that, it would feel like a watered-down Halo experience
Darwi wrote:

• Multiple biomes
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • Rated "M" for Mature

Yeah... no. Study showed that almost 60% of M rated video games are played by kids from 9 to 16 year olds. I'm not making fun of you or saying that is is wrong to not play them. You do what you think is right. But even when it comes to Halo, the games almost need to be m-rated. Without that, it would feel like a watered-down Halo experience
You would hope that all parents, including myself, do what they think is right.

And keeping in mind that 'M' really just means mature content. It is up to the parent to decide if/when their kids do or don't need parental guidance to play or not.

And 60% of 9 to 16yo playing 'M' rated games is a very broad demographic. Most 16yo are much more mature and able to cope than a 9yo.. And 'M' covers a very broad range of concepts - what was the rating for; swearing vs violence vs gore vs sexual content... and so on. And context - I was much happier letting my (older) children watch Starship Troopers than something like Saving Private Ryan.

And it still leaves 40% of children who don't play 'M' games. Which makes it hard to say that someone who didn't is the outlier (or weird). Which stands by my original point.

I would think a 3yo playing Halo is somewhat of an outlier. I would imagine most parents would not let their 3yo play or watch 'M' rated content. Having said that I do remember letting my kids, as young as 2, press the buttons while I was playing games such as Halo. But as they got older and more aware of what was going on we didn't let them play violent video games. Probably until they were closer to 12yo. But all that is on a parent by parent (my wife was much stricter than I was) and kid by kid basis.
Darwi wrote:
Darwi wrote:

• Multiple biomes
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • Rated "M" for Mature

And keeping in mind that 'M' really just means mature content. It is up to the parent to decide if/when their kids do or don't need parental guidance to play or not.

And 60% of 9 to 16yo playing 'M' rated games is a very broad demographic. Most 16yo are much more mature and able to cope than a 9yo.. And 'M' covers a very broad range of concepts - what was the rating for; swearing vs violence vs gore vs sexual content... and so on. And context - I was much happier letting my (older) children watch Starship Troopers than something like Saving Private Ryan.

And it still leaves 40% of children who don't play 'M' games. Which makes it hard to say that someone who didn't is the outlier (or weird). Which stands by my original point.

I would think a 3yo playing Halo is somewhat of an outlier. I would imagine most parents would not let their 3yo play or watch 'M' rated content. Having said that I do remember letting my kids, as young as 2, press the buttons while I was playing games such as Halo. But as they got older and more aware of what was going on we didn't let them play violent video games. Probably until they were closer to 12yo. But all that is on a parent by parent (my wife was much stricter than I was) and kid by kid basis.
That's fair. You do you my man. It's not my problem either way when it comes to parenting your children or anyone else's. Good talk my dude, I hope you have a good day
Darwi wrote:
Darwi wrote:

• Multiple biomes
  • Scarab boss battles
  • The Flood return
  • FOV slider
  • Rated "M" for Mature

That's fair. You do you my man. It's not my problem either way when it comes to parenting your children or anyone else's. Good talk my dude, I hope you have a good day
Agreed.

However, seeing alien foes' bodies bursting in blue, orange and green blood & gore is harmless for any age.

It's an expected trope of "Human Vs. Alien" combat by this point in time.

It's showing the red human blood & gore that draws ire and that's what needs to be front-and-center to truly bring HALO INFINITE full circle to being an actual, "Spiritual Reboot" of the saga.
  • Great gameplay feel before anything else (like anim or realism)
  • Great aim assist and weapon control (shoot where you want, feel badass)
  • Great feeling of every bullet hit and how they affect the enemy (this is how you interact with enemies and the battlefield so it needs to be impactful and relevant)
  • Great ai behavior, focused on fun to play above everything else
  • Great level design where every battle is different and fun
  • Good weapon options with clear advantages for each weapon
  • Good mission design where we are doing cool or epic things
Then, having this or that weapon/enemy/vehicle, story, visuals, etc is less than secondary
I agree with most of these points except for a few.
  • Rated "M" for Mature

ESRB has progressed so much interms of how they rate games, Most games that were rated M back in the day are 100% rated T now.
    Darksouls 2 has tons of blood and gore and even nudity and still has a "T" rating.

• A.I. that is at least on par with the Bungie game
Having AI that yeeted you off cliffs or stuck you with nades etc etc isn't fun. I know damn well that the AI was slightly better than that in even 4/5 despite how much I dislike them.

This won't happen as Microsoft needs to milk halo for as-long as they can. And even though you don't need Chief to make a good halo (odst and reach) You know damn well alot of people will stop playing if they sunset Chief in anyway.
A sandbox that not only lets you experiment different things; but also retains a sense of humour.

I fondly remember all the original campaigns (and multiplayer) to have funny moments. I think it was partly down to level design and well, the campaign had genuinely funny lines too.
*cough* CQB helmet
You actually mentioned some of the things that I wanted in, to add on I really would like to see in the beginning how Zeta Halo was damaged or how the Banished won the battle of the ring. Sometimes I feel we need to see why the situation is so dire this time. Especially since the Banished said it wasn't even that difficult.

The number 1 thing I want, is that sense of wonder when you first step onto the ring. Halo has been missing that feeling now for years. The last time we got something close to it was in 2012 when you first got out of the cave and saw those floating Forerunner towers, you can't tell me you didn't look up.
The number 1 thing I want, is that sense of wonder when you first step onto the ring. Halo has been missing that feeling now for years. The last time we got something close to it was in 2012 when you first got out of the cave and saw those floating Forerunner towers, you can't tell me you didn't look up.
Yup!

The first time I saw level 2 in HALO: Combat Evolved; I was floored...and then The Silent Cartographer came along and blew my mind😲If HALO INFINITE can feel like The Silent Cartographer the entire time - with tons of vehicles, weapons and interesting things to see and do - 343I will have redeemed themselves🤘🏻
Yup!

The first time I saw level 2 in HALO: Combat Evolved; I was floored...and then The Silent Cartographer came along and blew my mind😲If HALO INFINITE can feel like The Silent Cartographer the entire time - with tons of vehicles, weapons and interesting things to see and do - 343I will have redeemed themselves🤘🏻
Yeah, you can tell they are trying appease everyone with Infinite, I wish them the best man. No one wants to see a series they grew up with fail.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
Gameplay (especially for multiplayer) must match the quality of the original Halo titles. Every Halo title since Reach has divided the fan base.
As fun as multiplayer is; it's not my main focus.

The Campaign is and as such, I want it to be as good as it can possibly be🤘🏻💯
I agree to some extent, as once the multiplayer is taken away we only have campaign left over. However, generally what Halo players spend the majority of their time on is multiplayer. That said, it would behoove Halo to have another smash hit like Halo 2 & 3.
I don't really know, but I hated the colored undersuits. Maybe they should add customization for that just like in halo 3 mcc.
I think adding more party games and weapon customization would make it fun.
If 343I can accomplish everything in my list in the OP; HALO INFINITE will be the GOAT HALO game.

I'm currently trying to reserve my hype-levels until I see that they have indeed pulled off such an incredible feat.

Now, we wait for E3 2021...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3