Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What is 343 doing with Halo's story?

OP Savage5078

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
To be honest I have an idea that could appease the community by having maybe some spartan Vs a new generation of Spartans that are just essentially IIs. Or we could maybe see a clone of the chief if cloning technology is advanced enough by the time a clone becomes necessary. I feel like that would be interesting.
Why make a new Spartan generation when the IVs are the expected end result? Only way you’d possibly get some on par with IIs is with kidnapping and indoctrinating kids again and that’s not happening.
Spartan V program could happen if humans get hold of some advanced new Forerunner technology imo.
To be honest I have an idea that could appease the community by having maybe some spartan Vs a new generation of Spartans that are just essentially IIs. Or we could maybe see a clone of the chief if cloning technology is advanced enough by the time a clone becomes necessary. I feel like that would be interesting.
Why make a new Spartan generation when the IVs are the expected end result? Only way you’d possibly get some on par with IIs is with kidnapping and indoctrinating kids again and that’s not happening.
What I mean is that humanity realizes they need more spartan IIs as they are unique and are the difference between wars won and wars lost so spartan Vs are just Spartan IIs in the sense that they received the same augmentations but are similar to IIIs in the sense they are children who volunteered or possibly the insurgency does the same thing that the ONI did to make spartan IIs a thing I feel like that would be a good spin-off game.
What I mean is that humanity realizes they need more spartan IIs as they are unique and are the difference between wars won and wars lost so spartan Vs are just Spartan IIs in the sense that they received the same augmentations but are similar to IIIs in the sense they are children who volunteered or possibly the insurgency does the same thing that the ONI did to make spartan IIs a thing I feel like that would be a good spin-off game.
This could work, no different than when someone volunteers for military service. I think Dr.Halsey's point was that since it was uncovered how they came about Spartan II recruits, that it truly wouldn't be replicated and have the same effect with someone volunteering for the program itself, especially at an older age (speaking on the psychology of it all in the differences between children/teens/adults).
Jerome from halo wars would be a better a remplacement, not a random spartan IV who thinks is over spartans IIIs not the community fault, 343 have been trying to do spartans IV look greater than a spartan II since Halo 4, and that's his fault.
Also jerome is not the only spartan II on service.
Being obsessed over spartan generation is entirely the community's fault. You are assigning ill will to both the characters and 343 because they dared not be a spartan II.

343 has done nothing to say SIV's are better. Locke did not say he was better than chief. He got an assignment and he performed it to the best of his ability. 343 isn't the one starting a million threads about "Which spartan generation is best" or "who beats who in 1v1 fight" that's entirely the community. 343 has generally gone with an approach that they are all spartans, but anything resembling equality is not tolerated by the community.

Spirit of Fire should be lost in space for over a century, and only got brought back into the setting due to more plot shenanigans than anything the S-IV's have pulled. I don't really see what makes Jerome so special beyond being effectively the same character.
It's not for being obsessed but it's a fact that project orion were test subjects, spartans III cannon fodder and the spartans IV odst's with a better armor and again is not community's fault, since the beginning showed us the spartan II as a definitive soldier, they passed a lot of training and brain wash to be the definitive soldier, and it's to mention the augmentation but the mjolnir amor increases the individual's capacity as well, it's like multiply something that has been multiplied already.

You got a point, 343 has not said that spartans IV are better, but in Halo 4 another random spartan says that she thought he was taller, another random guy that is not even an spartan saying that the chief was old and crazy, that the spartans IV can do the same or better job than a spartans II, in halo 5 we played 13 of 15 missions with another random spartans IV who killed the leader of the covenant in a cinematic in 2 minutes or less, where all the elites seemed sleepy.

Well, as far as we saw in Halo Wars 2, Jerome could fight a bunch of brutes (Stronger than the elites) in a closed space and kill them all, and he is just using the Mark IV, he's not even using armor shields, if you had read some of the lore you must know that with each new armor, each new generation of the mjolnir helps the user to have a better reaction and a better defense. And the reason they bring back them was because we rather the generation II and they want money (Halo Wars 2 is full of microtransactions).

The only community's sin is that they are so rude with 343 but nothing more.
Just wanted to throw my input in, but I believe in the ending dialogue given by whom ever is speaking is mentioning the ending of Halo 3. It's obvious grass has grown and what was ruin is now covered in vegetation. This is usually a sign in scenery of a long period of time passing. Halo Reach takes place in 2552 and the ending of Halo 3 (End of Human Covenant War) takes place on 2553, so I think they have their timeline pretty narrowed down. The Halo 3 ending takes place on 2557, starting Halo 4 and the uprising of the new Covenant.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2