What is something you DON'T want to come back

OP DasOfTheBroken

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Out of all the Halo games, all the game types, weapons, vehicles, armor, etc. what are the things you really dont want to see in Infinite?
Forced characters.

Boo
Locke and the rest of the nobodies in Osiris. Buck can come though, he's okay.
Badly choreographed fights in a cutscene.
Another 7 Warden Eternal boss fights.
To add to what the first two comments are, I don't want any main characters included if they don't have time to flesh them out. I don't mind Osiris returning, but I really hope they are given more time for development if that is the case. Don't bring them back just to kill them off immediately, and don't keep them around if they aren't going to get the attention needed to grow their characters.

Some other things I would be happy to leave behind (pulling from all of the games).
  • Guest musical appearances. While I think Steve Vai helping in Mjolnir Mix was amazing in Halo 2, the other guest appearances on that soundtrack ranged from poor-fit to downright bad IMO.
  • Redundancy. Guns that serve the same purpose, but are "flavored" differently. If two weapons are going to occupy similar roles, they need to have interesting secondary effects that aren't just damage and range differences. Every Halo except for CE has this issue.
  • Base stat changes. From the perks in Halo 4 to the different loadout modifiers in Halo 5, I want everyone to have the same stats. Players having different attributes for vehicle driving, radar appearances, sprint speed, etc.... aren't good, even in the non-arena mode. Any stat changes need to be recognizable immediately (such as the red glow from damage boost).
  • Forced Co-op. In Halo 5 specifically, always having a team with you meant that the characters all became somewhat interchangeable (even when not playing on Co-op). This is somewhat connected to the first point, but we need moments where we are alone or not with the entire crew, even if it is just in the cutscene.
Most of the other things I don't personally like in the games I can probably ignore (gametypes, etc....), and I recognize that different fans probably like some things I don't so I kept my list relatively neutral.
This x1000, and on a related note I hope quick time events are not in (although 343 love them).
iseeOwls wrote:
Forced characters.

Boo
We are absolutely getting that, we will be chief.
Assassinations. Hated them ever since Reach.
Thrusters from Halo 5, equipment starts from Halo: Reach, and we know it's gone already but the Req system is functionally broken. Love Halo 5's multiplayer tho
This x1000, and on a related note I hope quick time events are not in (although 343 love them).
I only remember one quick time event in the entirety of Halo, what're you talking about bro?
Idk bro. Osiris has some good characters, I just feel like Halo 5 didn't do them justice. Particularly Locke and Vale
Idk maybe I'm a noob but I really love assassinations and hope they return. If you don't like them, can't you just turn them off and do a beat down?
Idk maybe I'm a noob but I really love assassinations and hope they return. If you don't like them, can't you just turn them off and do a beat down?
You are correct. I turn them off but happy for others to have them.

Admittedly I would love for them to have a feature where you can double press RB to initiate it. I find it's too easy to accidentally trigger it by having it as a short hold, but by mapping it to a double tap I could use it when I want without fear of making competitive errors because of it.
Thrusters from Halo 5, equipment starts from Halo: Reach, and we know it's gone already but the Req system is functionally broken. Love Halo 5's multiplayer tho
I agree, although I can live with the thrusters if bullet magnetism and aim assist is too high.

REQ system was terrible, needs to go.

Loadouts can also get in the bin.
Hopefully lol but I do see why everyone likes them. They are pretty cool.
I only remember one quick time event in the entirety of Halo, what're you talking about bro?
I don't think I mean quick-time actually - more like the scripted events.

Crawling around pushing forward, pulling the elite down the elevator shaft, the whole Didact 'fight', the over-the-top button and lever presses in Halo 4.
Descopes. They make it very difficult to hold your own when your team is junk and the enemies are team shooting. Halo 4 did it right with flinching while scoped so you are still having to compensate for being struck but are still able to finish kills. My character twitching like a spaz from being shot in the knee while i desperatly beat the life out of the ADS button is not my idea of a good time. It's just one of the annoying traits that make H5 hot garbage.
On the positive side, Infinite appears to have very tight reticles so scoping in may be unnecessary in most situations. Like most things, I'll have to wait and see.
I don't think I mean quick-time actually - more like the scripted events.

Crawling around pushing forward, pulling the elite down the elevator shaft, the whole Didact 'fight', the over-the-top button and lever presses in Halo 4.
Yeah I get you. Those buttons were kinda satisfying tho. "Boop...crrishhhk" and is disappears. lol

They do make for cinematic moments but I agree, it's not really necassary.
Descopes. They make it very difficult to hold your own when your team is junk and the enemies are team shooting. Halo 4 did it right with flinching while scoped so you are still having to compensate for being struck but are still able to finish kills. My character twitching like a spaz from being shot in the knee while i desperatly beat the life out of the ADS button is not my idea of a good time. It's just one of the annoying traits that make H5 hot garbage.
On the positive side, Infinite appears to have very tight reticles so scoping in may be unnecessary in most situations. Like most things, I'll have to wait and see.
Without descope the Sniper is far too powerful.
I agree. Buck, I really enjoy as a character. The other three shmucks...please, don't bring them back. They were forced and lacked character development/background.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9