OP ZeuzWas4Nerd

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
You’re one of few who hold this sentiment. Sorry man we’ve been asking for the classic armour and artstyle for the past 7 years
He probably was new to Halo at 4 or something.
I don't mind the armor that much, though perhaps it does look a bit bulkier but that could just be because of the graphics.
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
I wanna dissect your last sentence.Somehow in halo 4 you wake up with new armor even though you've been in cryo sleep for over 4 years with your halo 3 armor.Somehow 343 forgot about that right?And they changed it to reclaimer saga years ago.
They explain that Cortana did a firmware update and since she had already touched the domain and is of unsc and forerunner design I do think she could of made alterations to the armor. I also have a theory that the tank-y armor is truly John-117 and others with the old original trilogy armor are flash clones of John.
She did not touch the domain when this nano armor update happened.And that theory is just ridiculous I'm sorry
Dude what do you know? Have you read all the books? I mean this all science fiction anyways none of it is real and your calling out something like an armor update? The Forerunners use something called hard light. It’s basically making hard matter, strong enough to walk on out of thin air, and your telling me Cortana an AI of Forerunner design. An AI, a single most intelligent and has all of human history in her data base. that took a millennia of planning by the Librarian to come to an eventuality of existence. Cant use what ever is at her disposal for 4 years. And Can’t Upgrade a suit of armor?
Cortana was never designed by forerunners, just a ai created from a flash-cloned Halsey brain. At the time of halo 3, she had no contact with the domain, she had only accessed halo's control room. While she likely learned of hardlight from there, she had no way to create such a thing herself in half a torn human frigate. As for the librarian, she only influenced humanity so that one day, they would develop ai like Cortana and soldiers like the Chief. She was hoping to raise humanity back to what they were before, when such things as the armor and ai were commonplace. The Chief and Cortana themselves were not the end goals, just beings like them.
Nadesicle wrote:
This is what majority of the Halo community has wanted. If you weren't around during the original games I'm sorry, but this is Halo.
I do think the OP was a little harsh, but I was hoping for at least a mix of the old design and the new. I did not hate the 4 and 5 armor like most, and I honestly prefer it to what was shown in the trailer. The armor from the trailer looked like it was ripped straight from the halo 2 anniversary cinematics. Which is fine, but my main gripe is the bright lime green color that makes him look cartoonish. I do like that they beefed him up from last year's teaser though. I really wish they would lean more towards the look of the Spartans from the halo wars cinematics. I think blur nailed the classic look of the mjolnir while still modernizing it.
Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5.
Meanwhile, someone is complaining that the game isn't catering to them and ignoring all the time and hard work being put in Infinite.

Go figure.
I'm glad Halo is going back to the classic art style. This is what the majority of the community has been asking for for a long time.
God, can you imagine a return to halo CE-3 design? Good gameplay, fun maps, no microtransactions, and actual Halo style art?

Really hoping halo 4 and 5 die and get buried with this.
Nadesicle wrote:
This is what majority of the Halo community has wanted. If you weren't around during the original games I'm sorry, but this is Halo.
I’ve put in hundreds of hours playing every entry into the main storyline.
VAVA Mk2 wrote:
You’re one of few who hold this sentiment. Sorry man we’ve been asking for the classic armour and artstyle for the past 7 years
He probably was new to Halo at 4 or something.
Nope try again.
The trailer told us nothing. That is all there is to it.
I know you feel like it's a downgrade I loved his 4/5 armor too but liked the classic better, and I think this new armor is probably my favorite so far.
The new Chief model does look bulky, like the Halo 5 iteration. However, some of the bulk doesn't translate to this super agile, super fast, super soldier. However, this "new chief" seems to increase the bulk abit.
What I appreciated about the H4-5 design is that the techsuit used as the primary system and the armored portions attach to it. I love how they were arranged to improve full range of motion. It looks more functional in that the wearer could move around without being limited by the suit's bulk. The Chief still looked tanky, and bulky, but still looked like he could touch his toes.
While I admit that the newer artstyle was a major departure from what most people were accustomed to, I like the redesign of the Chief. While maybe not as "grounded", or "militaristic" as the previous incarnations, it was more functional, I feel, and more fitting of the Spartans advanced physiology and abilities. This new, return to form, Chief looks like a step backwards, in terms of functionality. And yes, I know it is a videogame, but to me, I feel like the Chief finally looked like the armored super soldier he was described as, in Halo 5, but this new redesign just seems like a step backwards.
I love Halo, always have and always will; ever since the first game, the first book, that I read cover to cover dozens of times. I was enthralled by the story, the chapters, the universe. I agree that a return to originality could help keep long time fans, and bring in new ones. But I cant help but feel like this is pure fan service, satiating the wants of a vocal group with in the fan base. There are those that loved the newer art direction, that still liked the originals as well. I am one of those few I suppose. Is this going to deter me from getting Infinite? Hell no! Just as long as they leave the Gen 2 HUNTER armor alone, and implement it in multiplayer, so I can trudge around like an F22 with legs.
Nadesicle wrote:
That doesn't mean you were active when the games were in their prime. Starting H3 in 2010 is towards the end of the original trilogy.
Nadesicle wrote:
Well that's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sorry you aren't happy with the new direction, but this is what the community has been asking for since H4.
You mean some of the community. Sure, the guys who started with Halo 2 and 3 can be quite vocal, but what about those of us that started with CE? I actually liked the Chief's H4 armor. This variant looks copy/pasted out of 2004 aesthetics.
Well that's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sorry you aren't happy with the new direction, but this is what the community has been asking for since H4.
You mean some of the community. Sure, the guys who started with Halo 2 and 3 can be quite vocal, but what about those of us that started with CE? I actually liked the Chief's H4 armor. This variant looks copy/pasted out of 2004 aesthetics.
seriously dude. It’s like CE-3 is the only time frame halo is allowed to take place with these people. After that time isn’t allowed to progress. Halsey or the unsc can’t make progress and allow humanities greatest warriors to get the upper hand with technology and weapon systems. cortana can’t upgrade cheifs armor because she just an AI that has ever tool at her fingertips while plugged into a unsc frigate. Some we might even know because we don’t have clearence to know so. ;)
It's a soft reboot set after Halo 5
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
I wanna dissect your last sentence.Somehow in halo 4 you wake up with new armor even though you've been in cryo sleep for over 4 years with your halo 3 armor.Somehow 343 forgot about that right?And they changed it to reclaimer saga years ago.
It isn't said explicitly but I believe Chief's armor was changed through nanotechnology by Cortana during stasis.
Nadesicle wrote:
seriously dude. It’s like CE-3 is the only time frame halo is allowed to take place with these people. After that time isn’t allowed to progress. Halsey or the unsc can’t make progress and allow humanities greatest warriors to get the upper hand with technology and weapon systems. cortana can’t upgrade cheifs armor because she just an AI that has ever tool at her fingertips while plugged into a unsc frigate. Some we might even know because we don’t have clearence to know so. ;)
Your profile says otherwise..
Am I the only person that thinks all of Chief's armor variants look cool? Besides it's what's on the inside that's most important! Show us Chief's face! In all its pale glory!
I like both this look as well as Halo 4/5's. My main concern is over continuity; I don't want them to just "forget" about 4/5 as if they never happened. They are part of the same trilogy after all. Imagine having 2 Star Wars films where Darth Vader looks how he does now, then suddenly in Return of the Jedi he is wearing a completely different suit. I think why people are so split on this change is because it's so jarring, just as the difference between Halo 3 and 4's armor was jarring. It's the Halo 3-4 change all over again.
I don't know about y'all, but I haven't been excited for a Halo game since Halo 3's "Finish the Fight." And with the art style being scaled back to normal, I can dig it.
Nadesicle wrote:
As someone who has been around since Halo: CE; it's not what I wanted. I'm pro-change, and pro-new. Nostalgia is nice and all, but Halo needs something new unless it wants to stagnate. Halo 5 is by far my least played Halo game, Warzone is nice and it's a good start for change; but if we're being real, Halo can't ride on waves of nostalgia forever.

Even Nintendo got that hint with Zelda and we wound up with Breath of the Wild.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6