1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Well, I respect everyone's right to their opinion.

But, if this is 2007 again... 2007 was the height of Halo's popularity. Seems to me like that wouldn't be a bad thing if it's 2007 again. ;)
Yeah, it's like people forget (or weren't around to remember) that Halo 3 really was the Golden Age for Halo. It took forever for it to die off. It's still the most sold Halo game.
Seems like tried to incorporate the stocky,bulky build of the new style with the classic armor.The only thing that bothers me about it is that his arms look...kinda stubby.
Not too much wrong with it,but I have to say the 4/5 armors are easily superior when it comes to portraying that tanky look.I just hope they give me the option to switch back to the 4/5 style since those are my personal favorites.
https://youtu.be/nuub6MFt7gA
The best explanation of why the halo 4/5 was updated by Cortana and yes it’s canon.
Well that's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sorry you aren't happy with the new direction, but this is what the community has been asking for since H4.
You mean some of the community. Sure, the guys who started with Halo 2 and 3 can be quite vocal, but what about those of us that started with CE? I actually liked the Chief's H4 armor. This variant looks copy/pasted out of 2004 aesthetics.
I started with CE, and to me, the Halo Infinite armour is one million times better than Halo 4's. It's fundamentally Chief in every way. I love the green in particular!
Most people in the Halo community are elated that 343 has adopted the classic art style. The Bungie art style has stood the test of time for a reason; Halo 3 still looks amazing 12 years later. It's not like 343 is just changing things exactly to the way they were in 2007. They are using elements from Bungie's art style, as well as the expanded universe with a hint of 4/5.

Again, the vast majority of people in the Halo fanbase have been asking for this change. Bear in mind that 343 thought that these designs were appropriate for a Halo game. Are you really surprised that series veterans, as well as many newcomers, didn't like the art direction?
Nadesicle wrote:
This is what majority of the Halo community has wanted. If you weren't around during the original games I'm sorry, but this is Halo.
It depends when you joined the franchise. My children's first encounter with Halo was Halo 5, to them Halo 5 IS HALO and what they saw at E3 is not. I've been playing since CE so I see why the classic art style is welcomed, but some players who joined 343i era will have a different view of what Halo is.
I do have a solution. Allow us to choose classic or modern/ halo 4-5’s armor which appears during gameplay and cinematically. This is easy and achievable. I would be happy and I’m sure those you catered to will be as well.
that is so much work for something that breaks continuity.
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
its the games opening cinematic or at least a portion of it.
the chief retains his bulkier tank style off 4/5 and incorporates a classic aesthetic.
This is the gen3 mjolnir armor platform that is the explanation.
Cortana used nanobots to repair and modify the gen1 MKVI on the dawn the new hud was firmware.
This game is set years after Halo 5 Guardians and is not a reboot.
The heavyness of John is simply to convey the shear weight of his Tank armor and only supports his tankyness.
When the pelican rattled it showed off the new physics engine and reminded us how strong chief is to be able to move as he does.
No cut scene of him in a slow walk has ever had a light fluid animation only the ones where he sprints/jumps/mantles over objects.
We may have lost the war with the created and are using any old tech at hand.
Gen 3 is based on Gen1 MKVII and it is known that it can alter shape to suit the spartan user. john like the older style i guess.
Majority of fans feel the old style is more unique and H4/5 where generic scifi fare in design both visual and audio.
Hope that answers your questions.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
I think the game will ultimately be good, though I am saddened the reclaimer plot went to nothing. As for his armor, the main beef people had was that it was not the same due to Cortana somehow changing it with nanobots, which was never shown to be a previous feature. Had he gotten it on say, the Infinity to replace his old armor, it would likely have been accepted far more. As for the "hard time and effort" of halo 4-5, some people just disliked it and didn't want to waste money on something they would not enjoy.

I didn't bother with either due to the now canon multiplayer which took away sangheili, depriving me of the immersion I got from that since days of halo 2. Why would I want to play as a random spartan in multiplayer for the next two games after that? As for plot, in my eyes halo 4 had a wonderful story with an excellent ending. Halo 5, on the other hand brought in guardians, something not hinted at existing in the forerunner novels, the Warden who has literally no backstory, and of course Cortana.

Plus from what I have seen, you can't forge or do anything decent offline, you have to be online for those, unlike halo 3 and Reach. People are not really being crybabies, just pointing out with various flaws or saying their thoughts.
To be fair the reclaimer saga is ongoing and never had a road map. Reed set up the janus arc and scrapped it then halo 5 was a bomb and now they have another direction, but we still play as the reclaimer and we are on a ring and we might even follow protocol this time who knows for sure.
This game feels like the Force Awakens. Clone what people liked about the original while offering nothing new.

You can have 'classic artstyle' while having new armor. But this isn't new armor, its the MK6 that doesn't make chief look like he must be annorexic under his power armor. Yes yes, its gen 3 and all that, but its effectively the same suit.
This game feels like the Force Awakens. Clone what people liked about the original while offering nothing new.

You can have 'classic artstyle' while having new armor. But this isn't new armor, its the MK6 that doesn't make chief look like he must be annorexic under his power armor. Yes yes, its gen 3 and all that, but its effectively the same suit.
We don't need a new suit every game. The suit was good. People liked the old art style. Either go back or do something so great that we don't even know we want it (which is much harder to do and for a thing as small as the armor, it's probably worth just going back to what worked).
JohnDang55 wrote:
The failings of Halo 5 had nothing to do with the art style but the fact that too much focus was placed on Americans on when they only account for less 5% of the world's population where only they could have good ping as well as poor handling in marketing and storyline. If anything American was the reason why Halo 5 didn't do so well.
All I see here is a vocal minority calling for a return to the past when there's a silent majority that doesn't necessarily speak English as their main language enjoy the science fiction direction of Halo 5. We need an importance of addressing the ping issue with better servers because to offer competitive gameplay when most of the population can't even be competitive made arena barely better than Halo 4. Why you think Warzone is the best game mode, because it caters to everyone around the world including Australians like me.

This is Halo's niche, to be as believable as possible as something said in the future with realistic physics and space travelling story telling unlike Star Wars which is just scientific fantasy with huge plot holes.
One of my favourite past times is reading the Halo lore on wiki websites, studying and scrutinising every detail so that its makes sense. Halo as a franchise is more than a game and if we go backwards we will lose the thing that sets us apart and our competitors will overwhelm us and its not just FPS, but third person shooters, MOBAs, whatever Overwatch is and things like Fortnite or PUBG.
Your blaming Americans for halo 5s decline? That's Incredibly naive.America might be 5 percent of the world's population but how much of that population plays halo compared to other parts of the world?
KayMrt wrote:

We don't need a new suit every game. The suit was good. People liked the old art style. Either go back or do something so great that we don't even know we want it (which is much harder to do and for a thing as small as the armor, it's probably worth just going back to what worked).
I'm not saying we need a new suit every game. Every two games or multiple games is fine.

Also chief's armor isn't a small thing, or else the fuss over his armor would have never been made.

Halo Wars 2 also blended '343' 'classic' and new things and people praised it its direction.

You can clearly see in the trailer that Master Chief's design still has all of the technology. Instead you complain about the armor looking similar to the old and better-looking style while not noticing that the armor is Generation III. You wanted the future, and here it is. Glorious, isn't it?

You are literally calling other people cry-babies, yet here you are complaining, throwing insults at people, and are hoping that 343 is lying straight to our faces. for what reason are you here? The statements you have made are no argument for switching the suits back.

343 combined what fans of the old and the new wanted with the art style in the trailers. They succeeded in making the most people happy with it, and this is what the fans wanted.
Honestly, i hope 343i doesn't get cold feet from the small surge of outcry currently happening. These complaints have been nothing more that pointless nitpicks. This is Halo. This is exactly what Halo 4 should have looked like.
For better or for worse, 343i is having to bite the bullet on a lot of (what I thought were) genuinely good design philosophies when it came to Chief's armor and his narrative arc, as well as the direction of the universe in general. They had the chance to really sell everyone on Halo's new direction with 5, and they absolutely boofed it. The political intrigue of a corrupt ONI and a dominant humanity having to manage the rest of the universe fell flat (set up in the KT novels, Hunt the Truth), as did the looming Forerunner and eventual Flood/Precursor threats (which they may still use). None of it worked because, well, they didn't actually tell those stories. They likely would have been good ones. Alas, as it stands, they can't go back and rebuild the narrative infrastructure they had leading into Halo 5, so they have to try for something new. Halo Infinite is a genuine attempt to gel what happened in the last few years of the franchise with what it originally was, and from the looks of things, it's actually going well. As irritating as it is to see what could have been left pretty much unfulfilled, it feels like, in the wake of Halo 5, this is what the universe needs. A reboot. So that's what they're doin'. I feel you're pain, and I'm reticently excited for the future.

It's nothing to do with "cry babies". I preferred the original trilogy but still played a lot of Halo 5...but Halo 5 is still not as good as any of the games in the original trilogy, for me.

343i made a tone shift and people didn't like it, so they switched back...why is the initial change ok, but the reversion back bad?

343i's original art style was awful. Used a lot of lens flare and cliche sci-fi effects, made Halo look generic. Bungie's gritty military design looked much better. Didn't get the impression that 343i's art style was militarised at all, most armours looked like molten scrap metal thrown together. Covenant designs took a step back too.

Halo 4's story was a good starting point for the Reclaimer trilogy narrative. My only gripe with that game was the MP. Halo 5 butchered the narrative (but had good MP), Halo 5 just did a complete U-turn and ignored a bunch of plot threads and seeds that Halo 4 put in place. It's like they're completely separate from each other. No continuity.

343i failed with their narrative vision and Halo 5 was the game that ruined it. Rather than continuing with that train wreck formula, they're doing something of a soft reboot and that's being reflected in the art style...and hopefully the gameplay.
Nadesicle wrote:
This is what majority of the Halo community has wanted. If you weren't around during the original games I'm sorry, but this is Halo.
Dude guess what there is a game for you since you love sticking the past and think games shouldn’t innovate. It’s called the Master Chief Collection.

You can clearly see in the trailer that Master Chief's design still has all of the technology. Instead you complain about the armor looking similar to the old and better-looking style while not noticing that the armor is Generation III. You wanted the future, and here it is. Glorious, isn't it?

You are literally calling other people cry-babies, yet here you are complaining, throwing insults at people, and are hoping that 343 is lying straight to our faces. for what reason are you here? The statements you have made are no argument for switching the suits back.

343 combined what fans of the old and the new wanted with the art style in the trailers. They succeeded in making the most people happy with it, and this is what the fans wanted.
Yeah I see it says mark 3 but he is wearing it in halo: forward unto dawn? Are you sure it’s not just the subsystems that are mark 3?
Well that's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sorry you aren't happy with the new direction, but this is what the community has been asking for since H4.
You mean some of the community. Sure, the guys who started with Halo 2 and 3 can be quite vocal, but what about those of us that started with CE? I actually liked the Chief's H4 armor. This variant looks copy/pasted out of 2004 aesthetics.
For some reason it reminds me of the armor Chief used in Forward unto Dawn
Cuz it is lol, but it was MK V in fall of reach, but it changed a few months/weeks later, so it's kinda like this "hmm, love the armour, MK V--Love this armor, let's save some cadets--nope, back to MK V" lol, make your mind up John, (see how I didn't day chief? fall of reach ended with him as petty officer 3rd-1st class, not MCPO in FOR)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6