Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] What is this, 2007?

OP RomanHoliday666

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
i'm sorry you feel like this but the majority of the Halo population absolutely loves this new design and almost everything in the trailer, you can see when it boots up the updates and improvements that were done along with the date and when he drops to the pelican you can see how much the armor weights. I don't know how you get the idea that the armor is sluggish but ok that's your interpretation.

more militaristic designs?? the most militaristic the Halo franchise was was in its early stages until halo reach, the toy like redesign of almost all characters and the horrendous redesign of the elites are laughable for H4 and H5.

sorry to break it for you but most people didn't enjoy the reclaimer story and the majority of the veterans did put a lot of time into the H4 & H5 stories, that being said Halo Infinite is going to be the continuation of the reclaimer story as its the end of the trilogy.
Nadesicle wrote:
This is what majority of the Halo community has wanted. If you weren't around during the original games I'm sorry, but this is Halo.
Dude guess what there is a game for you since you love sticking the past and think games shouldn’t innovate. It’s called the Master Chief Collection.
People can just say the exact same disrespectful thing and tell you to just play Halo 5, or Call of Duty Ghosts, or whatever. It doesn't help at all.

The Halo Infinite design is a recapturing of Halo at its best.
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
1) i'm sorry you feel like this but the majority of the Halo population absolutely loves this new design and almost everything in the trailer,

2) sorry to break it for you but most people didn't enjoy the reclaimer story and the majority of the veterans did put a lot of time into the H4 & H5 stories, that being said Halo Infinite is going to be the continuation of the reclaimer story as its the end of the trilogy.
1) I don't think we can say the majority or minority love it or hate it, unless you have definitive proof to back it up. From discussions I've had opinions are split, and very evenly in many cases, and in some cases it's extremly one sided, like my children's class mates, all but one did not like the E3 2019 trailer, here on the forum more seem to be happy with it. I'll agree that the E3 trailer was well made, but I'm on the fence and I never trust what we see at E3.

2) The reclaimer trilogy was abandoned and it has be changed to the reclaimer saga, so yes Halo Infinite will not be the last game of the trilogy but a continuation of the saga.
Nadesicle wrote:
Well that's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sorry you aren't happy with the new direction, but this is what the community has been asking for since H4.
You mean some of the community. Sure, the guys who started with Halo 2 and 3 can be quite vocal, but what about those of us that started with CE? I actually liked the Chief's H4 armor. This variant looks copy/pasted out of 2004 aesthetics.
Well that's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sorry you aren't happy with the new direction, but this is what the community has been asking for since H4.
You mean some of the community. Sure, the guys who started with Halo 2 and 3 can be quite vocal, but what about those of us that started with CE? I actually liked the Chief's H4 armor. This variant looks copy/pasted out of 2004 aesthetics.
seriously dude. It’s like CE-3 is the only time frame halo is allowed to take place with these people. After that time isn’t allowed to progress. Halsey or the unsc can’t make progress and allow humanities greatest warriors to get the upper hand with technology and weapon systems. cortana can’t upgrade cheifs armor because she just an AI that has ever tool at her fingertips while plugged into a unsc frigate. Some we might even know because we don’t have clearence to know so. ;)
I’ve put in hundreds of hours playing every entry into the main storyline.
Your profile says otherwise..
While I disagree with everything the OP has said, these profiles don't convey the full truth. Mine shows what I have done with my Xbox Live profile since buying an Xbox One. It does not show the hours upon hours I have spent playing Halo's campaigns and multiplayer non-stop locally for eighteen years. It does not show the hours upon hours I spent online using guest accounts at close friends houses during the entire 360 era. It does not display all the Halo novels, game guides or visual guides I own. It doesn't show the fact that Halo has been extremely prominent in my life for most of my life. Don't judge a book by its cover. Don't judge a person by their profile. That's all I'm saying.
Modod wrote:
I do have a solution. Allow us to choose classic or modern/ halo 4-5’s armor which appears during gameplay and cinematically. This is easy and achievable. I would be happy and I’m sure those you catered to will be as well.
that is so much work for something that breaks continuity.
Is it really so much work ? Did we not have this feature in Halo Reach ? I'm not sure, it's been a long time since I played it but I remember my customised spartan being in the cut scenes on the space station in Long Night of Solace. Maybe I'm wrong, it's been ages since I played it.
Nadesicle wrote:
This is what majority of the Halo community has wanted. If you weren't around during the original games I'm sorry, but this is Halo.
As someone who has been around since Halo: CE; it's not what I wanted. I'm pro-change, and pro-new. Nostalgia is nice and all, but Halo needs something new unless it wants to stagnate. Halo 5 is by far my least played Halo game, Warzone is nice and it's a good start for change; but if we're being real, Halo can't ride on waves of nostalgia forever.

Even Nintendo got that hint with Zelda and we wound up with Breath of the Wild.
Pro change and pro new?warzone was a new game mode which had new mechanics so how does that have to do with nostalgia? Halo has been trying "new" things since reach and a majority of the playerbase has left,so maybe it's time to go back to og things
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
First and Formost as to answer your questions. 1 this is a direct continuation of the 4 and 5. 2 Its not a catering to cry babies. the fact of the matter is that 343 gave what the long time halo players who have played since the origional halo had asked 4. The Classic art style the classic mechanics ect. Third of all 4 and 5 were garbage. Sprint was a joke and broke the game completely. Gave players two much of an advantage. As well as brought the halo series to be to much like COD. So agian its what the long time halo fans asked 4 and we got it. If your unhappy with it then to bad so sad.
I do have a solution. Allow us to choose classic or modern/ halo 4-5’s armor which appears during gameplay and cinematically. This is easy and achievable. I would be happy and I’m sure those you catered to will be as well.
Unfortinatly that aint to good of a solution cause that would mean making two versions of the game. Meaning youd have to have a version thats classic and a version thats Modern. Id personaly not split the community. Id rather it go back to classic gameplay. Without being COD. Or giving players game breaking advantages. Simply put let classic come back End of story.
I personally don't like Help 3s art style. It's too.....outdated. I liked the realism of Halo 5s (even tho it could be done even MORE realistic), but it honestly feels like a huge step backwards by taking things back to the H3 days. I was hoping for a more cinematic styled approach to the graphics this time around but now we're moving backwards to a game that looks like it belongs back on the 360, and not a Scarlett launch title. It's honestly disappointing to me, and I've been around loyally since Halo 2 released.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This community is the mouse that roared and so 343 has tossed it's vision out the window to back track into nostalgia based designs here forward. I'm just waiting till the next "controversial" reason for this forum to start foaming at the mouth since H2/3 didn't do it that way.
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
Infinite is set after the events of Halo 5. To note, its not "Halo Chiefs armor." Its "Master Chiefs armor." Me being judgmental, tells me a lot on your knowledge of the Halo universe, possibly as well as to how long you've been with it, considering if you've been with it since CE, you'd already know what he's called. As for the 4 and 5 armor? Well something that would make sense, is the EMPs that were used by the large Promethean ships disabled everything. Tell me, do you know what "EMP" stands for? And what it does? Simply put, if Mjolnir armors were more sophisticated in software than hardware, a simple EMP, or such a scale that was used, would render the armors essentially useless. So older models, like Mjolnir Mk 4 (the classic armor) was needed. Both armors showed in Halo 4 (some) and armors in Halo 3, along with 2 and CE, were naturally militaristic, just a different... taste... in design choices (by the way, this is only speculation to a possible lore design, something I think HiddenXperia talked about a while ago... or was it Late Night Gaming?).

Now you go on to say he looks like a "stiff sluggish wood board." So what is that supposed to mean? I don't get that terminology, and the use of words give no definition of what you're trying to imply. Stiff? Maybe? Last I checked, Chief was just fine with the armor in the first place, seemingly not hindering his movements or capabilities. Granted, that is only our perspective that it does, and theirs (say the NPCs, or the Spartans, that it was not much of a hindrance). What of the "pelican scene" being proof that Chief is now a "still sluggish wood board?" I'm assuming you're talking about the recent trailer release... so please, how does this prove your point? What's the big issue? I seriously don't get what you're problem is with the old armor design. As for stating that the classic armor could be better used as a ladder, again... I don't get where you're getting all this from... I look at the design, and... I don't see any reference of a "ladder" anywhere on the armor. Bulky maybe? Think about it... versions 1-3 were essentially the power loaders you'd see in the movies and games of Alien(s)… ones with Ripley and such? However, MK 4 being the first after MK 3, is the one Chief wore in Combat Evolved. Yes, it was a bulky exo-skeleton, but it was far smaller, stronger, and better than the MK 3 variant. MK 5? Its highly similar compared to the MK IV, but the differences is that its outright better in software and design with little to no negatives in comparison… the armor if I recall, is worn in Halo 2 (I may be wrong). Was it bulky? Yes, because the design hardly changed from 4 to 5 from the original MK 3. As for MK 6? Now I think about it, is the armor that is given to us in Halo 2, and we continued into Halo 3. The MK 6 obviously, was better than the previous, given how MK 4 was the first variant to have shield generators (though very weak) and MK 6 made a technological advancement in that said field for protection. Again, it hardly changed from the original 5 and 4, from the original MK 3. Regardless, all the variants were bulky and costly, possibly more than the MK 6 variants. The major differences between MK 4, 5, and 6 from the 7, is that the 7 is more advanced in software, and downgraded in hardware. Sure, it has a few added bells and whistles with thrusters… but with what it lacks in armor, it gains in mobility and intelligence... smarter and better AI's, sophisticated programs, etc.. MK 7 are designed for Spartans who had volunteered for the program, and were not subjugated to the effect of the Spartan II program. So given that, because people did not need as much genetic change, the change in armor was also needed, considering the only reason to even wear a MK 4, 5, or 6, is to be someone who went through the Spartan II program. Sure, they have had redesigns with the old armors to allow integration with the new, as it could be shown in Reach, Halo 4 and 5. Design choices are by all means, intentional, by a decision making choice and lore. So, given that, if the speculation in the first paragraph is correct, the MK 7 armors were rendered useless after the EMPs, thus older versions that don't have as much software, or less reliant on them, survived. Also given the fact that the MK 4, 5, and 6 were designed in the middle of the Human-Covenant war, so naturally, they'd already be superior to newer MK 7 models, but lacked in software (as I said numerous times). So back to the point, the armors are bulky, but seemingly, Spartan II's are unaffected by the size of the armor, as you never see a Spartan II complain that the armor he/she was wearing was too big (there may be... if so, do point and source please?).

As for your last comment... I do hope you are a mature adult, and were really angry when you made that last paragraph, because oh boy, it reeks of a fanboy (I mean that as you're acting like a child, throwing a tantrum). However, I'm going to assume you are a decent human being, and move on... if this is a deflection on 343's part, well... look at how Halo 4 and 5 ended up... Halo 4 only got the sales it did due to Halo 3's popularity, but Halo 5 selling less than Halo 4? Maybe even Halo 3? It says a lot, when someone or a community is lied to. If this is a deflection made by 343, you bet that 343 are going to get a LOT of heat, and their publicity goes down, as do the sales. Either you take tens or twenty million players who thoroughly enjoy the game, or a few thousand after a few months of release. Where you see it "catering" to "cry-babies" seriously? Is that literally the word choice you are choosing to use? If you don't like it, don't buy it... same can be said with the other millions of "cry babies" you so call them. And to tell you the truth, I'd bet a LOT of those "cry babies" DID put a lot of work into Halo 4, which is probably why they are so angry, and why most of them never purchased Halo 5! With that said, I really hope you've played the original Halo titles, because that statement either makes you look deluded, or someone who is shouting at a mirror.

On another note, what about Bonnie Ross? As for the Reclaimer trilogy... from what I noticed, it kind of dumbed down in Halo 4, and... seemingly died off in Halo 5... so I don't get what your point is here. As for your last question, it would be unfortunate if Halo was going through a complete reboot, simply because Halo 4 and 5 sucked... so to see a entire trilogy die off because 343 decided to change the story, and rewrite it all would just be a waste of talent.
VAVA Mk2 wrote:
You’re one of few who hold this sentiment. Sorry man we’ve been asking for the classic armour and artstyle for the past 7 years
He probably was new to Halo at 4 or something.
I think he was a fan since Halo 4, and hasn't played enough of CE, 2, and 3, neither was around during those times.
Am I the only person that thinks all of Chief's armor variants look cool? Besides it's what's on the inside that's most important! Show us Chief's face! In all its pale glory!
Why should we be able to see his face? Think about it... if we have no idea what he looks like, then doesn't that add to the personalization? It was US that destroyed Installation 04, it was US that stopped the Flood the first time. When we arrived back to Earth, we defended Earth from the Covenant invasion. It was us that killed the Prophet of Regret (or was it Mercy?). It could have been us that stopped the ring from firing (again), but that might've been a cliché. When it came to Halo 3, it was us that stopped Truth from firing all the rings, it was us that eradicated the Flood on the new Installation 04, it was us that saved Humanity, and all life in the galaxy twice. When it came to Halo 4, in the Legendary ending? We saw his forehead, old and white... which by the way, ruins personalization, and to feel involved into the story. If we never see his face, then Chief can be anything based upon our imagination. He could be Black, Asian, White, Hispanic, anything, because we would see nothing of him, and our interpretation is of our imagination of him. If he had a distinct Hispanic or Black voice, it would ruin the sense of personalization. To give a idea, he is a Spartan 2 that went through a complete genetic rework to use the Mjolnir 4,5, and 6 armors. With that said, we were also given his history. Sure, it adds to the lore, but because we know his history, we cant emotionally and mentally put ourselves into his shoes, because we are then playing a character, than it being us feeling like its us in those shoes. A predeveloped character like Cortana, or Shepard in Mass Effect can still create a great story and great lore, but a blank slate character as such with Chief in Halo CE, 2, and 3, we can imagine ourselves to be in those shoes, because we can believe its us that is in them, and not someone else. So in my opinion? Both are great choices for designing a character... but if you chose one, you cant switch to the other. For instance, you cant create a character like Shepard in Mass Effect, then after so many years, delete his entire history, and make him a blank slate (granted, you could customize your "Shepard" but to use this idea in concept). Or another choice, like Chief, you can easily create a blank slate and the player can feel invested into it. You of course can change that blank slate and make them a predeveloped character, but then the investment into the character degrades. So for Chief? I'd rather not know his history, because his history would be my imagination, not something that is told to me on what is and what isn't.
Nadesicle wrote:
This is what majority of the Halo community has wanted. If you weren't around during the original games I'm sorry, but this is Halo.
As someone who has been around since Halo: CE; it's not what I wanted. I'm pro-change, and pro-new. Nostalgia is nice and all, but Halo needs something new unless it wants to stagnate. Halo 5 is by far my least played Halo game, Warzone is nice and it's a good start for change; but if we're being real, Halo can't ride on waves of nostalgia forever.

Even Nintendo got that hint with Zelda and we wound up with Breath of the Wild.
And you are right, that it cant ride the waves of nostalgia forever. But when Halo was at its peak for 10 years straight, and it become a terrible entry starting with Reach, then Halo 4, then Halo 5, the fact of nostalgia kept the game as high as it did, and when 343 made those changes in Halo 4 and 5, the community outraged. If Halo 4 and 5 were like Halo 3 for the past 9 years, then yes, I can see how change could be wanted around this time... but the fact that never happened, chances are if 343 keep up "good work" whenever they decide to start to be on par with Bungies attention to detail and the community will stick with the original for possibly another 10 years to come. People need time to accept change when they want change. To force change upon someone or someone's, creates resistance. Again, given time, they'll either begin to want change and accept it, or they get old and begin to care much less. Yes, people are all vocal, some big, some small... regardless, its best to wait for people to want change than to force it. Yes, reality does not wait for someone to be ready when to accept change or not, but tell me... no one wanted the changes that occurred between Halo 3 and 4. People need a reason to change, a desire, without both, they wont accept change.
Well that's the pot calling the kettle black. I'm sorry you aren't happy with the new direction, but this is what the community has been asking for since H4.
You mean some of the community. Sure, the guys who started with Halo 2 and 3 can be quite vocal, but what about those of us that started with CE? I actually liked the Chief's H4 armor. This variant looks copy/pasted out of 2004 aesthetics.
If you actually look at the armor you would realize that is inherently false and pulls from the OG armor, Halo 4 and 5 as well as halo legends. There is a lot of design aspects of the armor that pays homage to the OG design while expanding on it to incorporate elements of the reclaimer games. THIS IS A GOOD THING. That is how you evolve an art style. You do not crumble up the past and throw it out for a new design. You add to it and tweak it. Hence why chief is super thick (which I like) and how we see various separation in his armor pieces that just did not exist in the OG design.
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
Go back to the plastic shiny power rangers armor instead? Make up your mind
Wait what....The latest Halo Infinite trailer, looks like shiny plastic Power Ranger armor. Not Halo 4 or 5's.
I do have a solution. Allow us to choose classic or modern/ halo 4-5’s armor which appears during gameplay and cinematically. This is easy and achievable. I would be happy and I’m sure those you catered to will be as well.
This is absurd. The developers shouldn't have to cater to every player just because someone whines about not having the armor from Halo 4/5. The original trilogy stuck with a single design as I believe all games should. This entire post just comes off as deliberate nitpicking. Majority of fans have been clamoring for classic armor for months and now they give it to us, that's still not good enough? Lol.
NxtDutch wrote:
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
Go back to the plastic shiny power rangers armor instead? Make up your mind
Wait what....The latest Halo Infinite trailer, looks like shiny plastic Power Ranger armor. Not Halo 4 or 5's.
No it doesnt,but to each their own I guess
I hope everything about this game especially the gameplay goes back to 2004 when the game was actually good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6