[Locked] What is this, 2007?

OP ZeuzWas4Nerd

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
Am I the only person that thinks all of Chief's armor variants look cool? Besides it's what's on the inside that's most important! Show us Chief's face! In all its pale glory!
Why should we be able to see his face? Think about it... if we have no idea what he looks like, then doesn't that add to the personalization? It was US that destroyed Installation 04, it was US that stopped the Flood the first time. When we arrived back to Earth, we defended Earth from the Covenant invasion. It was us that killed the Prophet of Regret (or was it Mercy?). It could have been us that stopped the ring from firing (again), but that might've been a cliché. When it came to Halo 3, it was us that stopped Truth from firing all the rings, it was us that eradicated the Flood on the new Installation 04, it was us that saved Humanity, and all life in the galaxy twice. When it came to Halo 4, in the Legendary ending? We saw his forehead, old and white... which by the way, ruins personalization, and to feel involved into the story. If we never see his face, then Chief can be anything based upon our imagination. He could be Black, Asian, White, Hispanic, anything, because we would see nothing of him, and our interpretation is of our imagination of him. If he had a distinct Hispanic or Black voice, it would ruin the sense of personalization. To give a idea, he is a Spartan 2 that went through a complete genetic rework to use the Mjolnir 4,5, and 6 armors. With that said, we were also given his history. Sure, it adds to the lore, but because we know his history, we cant emotionally and mentally put ourselves into his shoes, because we are then playing a character, than it being us feeling like its us in those shoes. A predeveloped character like Cortana, or Shepard in Mass Effect can still create a great story and great lore, but a blank slate character as such with Chief in Halo CE, 2, and 3, we can imagine ourselves to be in those shoes, because we can believe its us that is in them, and not someone else. So in my opinion? Both are great choices for designing a character... but if you chose one, you cant switch to the other. For instance, you cant create a character like Shepard in Mass Effect, then after so many years, delete his entire history, and make him a blank slate (granted, you could customize your "Shepard" but to use this idea in concept). Or another choice, like Chief, you can easily create a blank slate and the player can feel invested into it. You of course can change that blank slate and make them a predeveloped character, but then the investment into the character degrades. So for Chief? I'd rather not know his history, because his history would be my imagination, not something that is told to me on what is and what isn't.
Hey bro, I completely understand what you're saying and I get it. But we know Master Chief's first name and we know from the books when Halsey found him, he was described as a Caucasian with brown hair, blue eyes and freckles. He even talks, he's got a distinguishable voice. It's not our own. But that's somehow the beauty of the character, isn't it? To know who and what he is, yet still feel like we're him in the game. Why? It's because of what he represents and how he's portrayed on-screen. Always in his armor, a man of few words and all action. Those few words would leave it up to us to think of what to say and how to act. 4/5 kinda mucked that up a little bit I'd say, but never once did I feel like I wasn't the one doing all of those things from the beginning, even though I was playing an already established character. He's the embodiment of Hope. John is our vessel in these games. His experiences are our experiences as well. That' why he's so great and no one wants him to change. There's so little to him yet at the same time, so much, thanks to us.

John-117 is a great character and we are John in our own way.

Also, as just a small nitpick about a previous post you made, the armor Master Chief wore in Halo CE was the Mark V, not Mark IV. But you're correct about Chief upgrading to Mark VI in 2-3.
I personally don't like Help 3s art style. It's too.....outdated. I liked the realism of Halo 5s (even tho it could be done even MORE realistic), but it honestly feels like a huge step backwards by taking things back to the H3 days. I was hoping for a more cinematic styled approach to the graphics this time around but now we're moving backwards to a game that looks like it belongs back on the 360, and not a Scarlett launch title. It's honestly disappointing to me, and I've been around loyally since Halo 2 released.
I kinda feel the same. It not that I do not like the old style, I like it, but also as the name says it looks old, outdated, it is basing designs from a game mostly where the graphical technology was limited and it had less detail and believability.
It is like you compare cars from the early 2000's with cars from today. Their style is charming, bold and very characteristic but it is undenyable it is outdated in a lot of ways. Infinite is by far the most graphicaly advanced game of the series, but it also has some "retro" look if you ask me.
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
Go back to the plastic shiny power rangers armor instead? Make up your mind
Wait what....The latest Halo Infinite trailer, looks like shiny plastic Power Ranger armor. Not Halo 4 or 5's.
No it doesnt,but to each their own I guess
Uh, bright shiny green I guess doesn't look like children's armor to you? Because to me, it looks like a children's Halloween costume.
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
is this game set just before or during halo 3?! What happened to your vision for halo chief’s armor and the design choices and reason for your mjolnir armor in 4 and 5. I remember the vidoc explaining why these choices were made. More militaristic design. Tank like architecture. Little details like 117 in Braille. A visor that picked up the elements in the room. Etc etc.

now chief looks like a stiff sluggish wood board. That pelican scene is proof. This armor is so stiff it be better used as a ladder.

i hope these cinematics are all just deflection till gameplay and real story comes into play. Or all I see is a catering to cry babies who didn’t put time and hard work into halo 4 and 5. Or else what was the point Bonnie Ross?! What happened to the reclaimer trilogy? Do those games matter or is this truly a hard reboot that asks players to forget your first two iterations?
Wait what....The latest Halo Infinite trailer, looks like shiny plastic Power Ranger armor. Not Halo 4 or 5's.
Uh, bright shiny green I guess doesn't look like children's armor to you? Because to me, it looks like a children's Halloween costume.
I didn't know children's Halloween costumes look like military equipment. Then again, I don't know much about Halloween. Damn, those kids got some sick looking costumes.
tsassi wrote:
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
NxtDoc1851 wrote:

I didn't know children's Halloween costumes look like military equipment. Then again, I don't know much about Halloween. Damn, those kids got some sick looking costumes.
Ah yes, sarcasm. I get it. You like the look of the armor. Cool. To me, it's alright. That said, the green is way to bright, and the large white 117 from Forward Unto Dawn need to go. I prefer the Braille.

I'd rather they give us the ability to change his armor in the Campaign. For those of you who want to look like your from Halo Legends can have that look. And for those of us who want to actually look like we are a future super soldier, with a proper military look, can look as such.

Personally, I'm tired of these armor debates on the forums. They should give us the ability to use all variants of Master Chiefs armor.
I have to agree, Halo 4 Armor has been my favorite. It feels more real to me, and really accentuates how modified the Spartan 2's are. This classic design, he just feels larger. Like someone took a normal human and just increased the size by 35%. Tall, lean, and strong, just like they would be in real life. This 'Brick Shithouse' look that Chief has in the Infinite trailer doesn't do it for me. Frankly, it looks simple and boring. Too easy of a design.

Regardless, I'm excited to play Infinite. Especially on PC. This, COD: MW, and GTA6 (nothing is known about it) are the only games that I'm even remotely looking forward to for the next few years.

(Yes, I like mil-sims and realism. Halo is my escape, but I still prefer it grounded in reality)

I point of view i share, I hate how the community is used a lens to make a point that its a popular belief.
1. Halo 5 is a GOOD GAME, The Warzone mode is much needed option in delved into with massive fanfare.
2. Halo 5 story is in my mind a product of incompetent writer how cant do sci-fi what so ever no lesson has learn much is learn in total.
3. The Art Style is far more in depth than what i from that lackluster E3 2019 trailer but hey Im the Minority.
This forum is in need of a massive overhaul all i see is thread posting for this delusional rank boost nothing of substance pandering pandering pandering who has the most input is miseen as constructive feedback.
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
NxtDoc1851 wrote:

Halo 2 anniversary armor is way brighter.This is basically the same shade as halo 3
NxtDoc1851 wrote:
NxtDoc1851 wrote:

Halo 2 anniversary armor is way brighter.This is basically the same shade as halo 3
But he / she does not like that shade of green. It's irrelevant what it compares to, I don't like it either, I prefer the darker olive green. In fact, if I had my way we would be able to customise what gen of mjolnir and what colour we used for the campaign.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6