Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What is your views on Infinite?

OP beanzonjeanz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am kinda mixed imo, the graphics look good with the update, but the paying for colours really grinds my gears, I dont like the idea micro transactions, paying for items. I think it should have been like reach with playing to unlock armour, not paying money.
Paying for colours is stupid, I agree there. But since the game will have free-to-play multiplayer, 343i has to make money somehow. There is also no playable elites and 343i hasn't come up with the best excuse for that. Dual-wielding isn't in the game either, but that doesn't bother me as much. ODST didn't have dual-wielding, Reach didn't have dual-wielding, Halo 4 didn't have dual-wielding (Did Halo 5 have dual-wielding? I've never played Halo 5 before), I see no reason for dual-wielding to return. Would still be nice, though

All that aside, the graphics are beautiful, and the weapon's sound effects make them feel very powerful. And ray-tracing will be cool, too, if you're lucky enough to have an RTX with the graphics card shortage going on right now
Halo Infinite is good. But I think Halo as a game franchise deserves better. The human side has bored me since Halo 3, all we ever get in the games now. All the cool stuff exists on pages as ink. Let that sink in...
Based on everything I’ve heard, cautiously optimistic. There’s definitely stuff that’s been announced I’m not crazy about but none of it has been game breaking for me.
Yeah well it's 2021 now, not 2010. Instead of full payed games with payed map packs we have F2P games with cosmetic mtx. Personally I prefer the latter but I get why many people don't.
I like it... It's like pros designing armor for me and no more all black ffa... The graphics are awesome and the game play should be spartan class with no thrusters...

I love it... Hopefully no spring jump glitches either... Just simple speed and accuracy for dynamic quality of gaming...
Considering 343i has once again failed to listen to the largest thread on this entire forum, which has been consistently active since 2011... I think it's time to put Halo to bed.

There's a large chunk of community out there that's sick of being ignored. Infinite is the third strike. You're out 343.
Given the idea that the multi is free, 343 must win in some way with infinity and you cannot simply put the option to play and unlock ,,, I emphasize that not everything will be paid there will be cosmetics that if they are unlocked playing but it will not be do.

And what do I think of infinite ... that it will be a good game that I am going to enjoy as I have been doing with the other titles
I may wait to purchase the campaign. For me, it's the lack of variety with the environments. I can see the Pacific Northwest biome getting a little boring after a while.
I'm still very keen.

I'm comfortable with microtransactions funding the game ongoing. The revenue stream has to come from somewhere.

Happy to pay for the colours / coatings if they quality is along the lines of what we've seen so far (and very happy for everyone else to buy lots and lots and lots to fund my server time).

There should be enough biomes to kick the game off. All the sub-biomes plus underground (caves) plus Forerunner installations plus Banished bases plus ship structures (Human and/or Covenent - crashed on surface or in orbit).

Dual wielding was fun but a broken mechanic. It's dead Jim. Let it be.

Empathy for the Elite fans... but I can see how 343 needs to focus on the big picture stuff, at least for launch.
I'm very excited, already pre-ordered. I'm expecting it to have the more modern multiplayer, which I'm meh on, but the campaign looks so -yoink-ing good.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think Halo Infinite will be a great game. At the very least, it will be better than 343’s other games. The Campaign looks awesome and I look forward to seeing multiplayer gameplay and trying out the flights if I get in. Also, I believe the DLC will be great. Hopefully we get a Flood DLC and an Arbiter DLC, which could bring in Playable Elites since they won’t be there at launch
i'm nervous that the multiplayer will be bad like Halo 5. More people play MCC than Halo 5 multiplayer. http://spartanfinder.com/#
All I can say is, lets hope the wait is worth it all. If not, I'll still support it.
It looks like a great game!

I’m extremely hesitant because it’s 343. But I’m ambitious to watch a ton of Halo Infinite streams to see what it’s all about & if it’s worth buying.
I may wait to purchase the campaign. For me, it's the lack of variety with the environments. I can see the Pacific Northwest biome getting a little boring after a while.
I'm onboard with that. If the campaign is actually launching with only a single biome, then after 20 years I will finally stop being a day one halo player.
I am kinda mixed imo, the graphics look good with the update, but the paying for colours really grinds my gears, I dont like the idea micro transactions, paying for items. I think it should have been like reach with playing to unlock armour, not paying money.
one word: H O P E

I've discovered it after the recent monthly inside Infinite thingies, and am REALLY excited and hopeful for Infinite.
Very mixed. The art style pivot and gameplay looks good but the multiplayer sounds horrendous. Free to play with armor colors being monetized? Really?
DreadGrunt wrote:
Very mixed. The art style pivot and gameplay looks good but the multiplayer sounds horrendous. Free to play with armor colors being monetized? Really?
Gotta appeal to the next generation of players.

Halo fans are aging and dropping off of the franchise. If the devs don’t attract new players, the franchise wins death.

The younger generations are all about Battle Royale, battle passes, free to play games and micro transactions for cosmetics.

I suggest watching Mint Blitz’s video on “Should Infinite Have a Battle Royale?” Beyond his career of playing/streaming Halo. He’s in a position where he works with youth in his outside life. Because of that, he’s taken advantage to talk to tons of teenagers about Halo. A lot of them view Halo as a game for older gamers.

That is video game death right there. The next gen doesn’t have interest in playing Halo. They got to change that and they have to appeal to what the youth of today like. If Infinite is truly a 10 year game and has the core gameplay elements fleshed out. Would you be opposed to free to play multiplayer and cosmetics still?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2