Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] What my friends and I wanted.

OP VINNIEtheWOLF75

ok so when all the players received word halo infinite was being made my friend and I almost instantaneously began rambling on about what 343i should add in infinite, I personally wanted play able elites and reach customization, and previously was stated to have a thread for. Than my friends jumped to saying why when there are playable elites their aren’t female playable elites and yet you can chose gender for humans but not elites? I totally agree with them. You can play as a human and when you change their gender their body and voices change between gender, on the other hand elites only have one playable gender, again how the humans body’s and voices change when changing genders, they should do the exact same for the elites. For the elites male and female will have the same armor customization but their body shape and voices change like the humans do, my friends just wanted it equal, I love playing as an elite but I wish you could change their gender as so so my friends, I hope you consider marking playable elites with male and female genders. On the other hand, please don’t do what reach did and make the game modes decide on if you can play as elites, make it like halo 2 and 3 we’re you can freely play as an elite. Again hope you guys and your awesome community consider this idea. Love you all! Please made. Me the playable elites to we’re you can make them male or female...
I'm pretty sure a large majority of the community is down for playable elites. As for playing as their exact genders, the only differences between the males and the females(besides the obvious..) is that the females are generally shorter and slimmer compared to their counterparts. I don't really mind the concept of having the selection, it just isn't such an important thing imo.

Simply, playable elites is a thing a majority of people want, but I don't think getting into their exact genders matter too much with where Halo Infinite is right now. Though, I wouldn't mind 'em.

Also, I suggest talking about it in the dedicated thread. Maybe. The discussion was brought by someone else before and they were redirected, so eh.
You’re wrong in some ways, in the lore male elites are 6 to 8 feet tall and have slim body’s with extra muscle to look good, females are 1 to 2 feet taller than males. With a much much slimmer body. For, “reasons” and that’s that. But your right for humans, the males are larger and taller and the females are shorter and slimmer, we’re talking about elites, not humans. Your referring to humans. But thank you for the feed back but we need supportive comments, not comments that overall could shut down the idea.
You’re wrong in some ways, in the lore male elites are 6 to 8 feet tall and have slim body’s with extra muscle to look good, females are 1 to 2 feet taller than males. With a much much slimmer body. For, “reasons” and that’s that. But your right for humans, the males are larger and taller and the females are shorter and slimmer, we’re talking about elites, not humans. Your referring to humans. But thank you for the feed back but we need supportive comments, not comments that overall could shut down the idea.
They are most definitely not taller than their male counter parts.

Quote:
Female Sangheili are similar in appearance to male Sangheili. Raia 'Mdama, was described as being slightly shorter than the average male and having paler skin tone.[25][26] Female Sangehili are oviparious, meaning babies are born from eggs outside the mother's body.[27].
Also they do not fight outside of their keeps or homeworld.
Quote:
as no female Sangheili have been seen in combat roles. Females are trained from a young age to fight alongside the males but are kept home to tend to their respective houses. This training allows the Sangheili to have a potent home guard should an attack on their homeworld ever make it past the males fighting on the front line.
Source,
Now, while I don't doubt that if the situation became desperate enough the Sangheili could start sending their females to the front lines, I do not see that happening with the current situation. The only reason I would see that as necessary would be if the male population was sufficiently depleted. But its not. If and when the UNSC remnant arrives at their planet to gather fighters, I'd imagine that more than enough males would be around to satisfy their needs. That being said, if 343 wanted to make female Elites they could.
I only played as the elites a couple times in Reach, and 3, so I really do not care about them being in the game. I just hope they are in infinite, so people can stop complaining about it.
Is there a lore reason we haven't seen female elites or they just simply didn't do it? Or maybe we've been seeing females this whole time and they're just identical to males in body and voice. Or maybe elites don't have male and female.
Is there a lore reason we haven't seen female elites or they just simply didn't do it? Or maybe we've been seeing females this whole time and they're just identical to males in body and voice. Or maybe elites don't have male and female.
No, there is a female Elite character in Halo 5. Bungie likely never included them because they didn't think too deep into it or they just didn't think it was important. Frankly, i don't think playing as a female Elite is really essential to the gaming experience, either.
The whole reason is really speculation, but as far as I know, it was more in the culture and society of Elites. Females were trained like males to be fighting machines, though it was mainly for the purpose of protecting their land/keep, since for some reason females lay eggs. Additionally, since most of the male Elites occupied Covenant combat roles, most female Elites were allowed other tasks, such as political positions, agricultural tasks, and etc. However, the Covenant's time has kinda come to an end and. at least in the Swords of Sanghelios, females are completely free to join the ranks.

Its completely possible for females to be fighters in a lore stance in the present, however as A B1unt Cactus says, playing as a female Elite doesn't sound too important to the experience of Halo. Playing between male or female Spartans isn't essential to the actual gameplay of Halo games, while it is a choice that would be expected. Having other playable races is an extension to customization, and the exact genders of those races even more so. I assume customization is important to 343, with all the talk of Reach-level customization, however I also presume that the exact gender of those races(excluding humanity, course) isn't as necessary.
No, there is a female Elite character in Halo 5. Bungie likely never included them because they didn't think too deep into it or they just didn't think it was important. Frankly, i don't think playing as a female Elite is really essential to the gaming experience, either.
I totally missed that. Where was the female elite in H5?
I totally missed that. Where was the female elite in H5?
On one of the Sangheilios missions. I don't want to make assumptions, but i'm pretty sure she was one of the Arbiter's advisors, or some other high ranking officer.
There has been many threads about playing as an elite but they are always locked by the mods because of some thread in the halo 5 forum that was back since halo 4 (and you see what good that thread has done). Not to mention the elites but any thread playing as anything but a spartan gets locked for the same reason (huh, different character, different game, I don't get it).

Now there is a big interest back since Halo 4 when 343 removed them again (possibly to fit more with the MLG wishes) and despite all the attention and wishes they didn't put them in Halo 5 (they weren't listening apparently). What is it about 343's policy as you play as a spartan or nothing else is something I don't exactly get. They don't want this discussion in the Halo Infinate forums and they want to keep the thread in the games where it clearly was not going to happen or even be considered.

You know the more I look into this the more my excitement and hope for this game turns into dread and bracing for eventual disappointment.
Halo: Reach Invasion matches might have been a bit confusing if teams were given their choice of character model.

You know the more I look into this the more my excitement and hope for this game turns into dread and bracing for eventual disappointment.
C'mon, have some faith! :D We won't know for sure until the game launches.

Overspeculation may lead to high expectations, so we should try to stay grounded in the content that has been released.
Geoffyz wrote:
Halo: Reach Invasion matches might have been a bit confusing if teams were given their choice of character model.

Overspeculation may lead to high expectations, so we should try to stay grounded in the content that has been released.
Is it too much to ask for playable Elites?
Geoffyz wrote:

No, definitely not too much. It's hard to tell how much from the forum is read by the devs (although I suspect our audience is much larger than we think), but playable Elites has been highly requested.
Geoffyz wrote:
Geoffyz wrote:

No, definitely not too much. It's hard to tell how much from the forum is read by the devs (although I suspect our audience is much larger than we think), but playable Elites has been highly requested.
since halo 4 they have been requested. Halo 5 came and went without even a consideration about them. Keeping that thread on Halo 5 forums is making me suspicious.
Feel free to use the existing discussion thread in the Halo 5 forums for this, thanks
Keeping that thread on Halo 5 forums is making me suspicious.
Nothing suspicious about it being there - it's a forum limitation that prevents the topic from being moved to another forum, it was moved from Halo 4 to Halo 5 before it reached that limit. It hasn't been locked so far as it's one of our longest running discussions and we want to preserve that history and discussion.