Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

What new medal would you love to see in Infinite?

OP Unyshek

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 89
  4. 90
  5. ...
  6. 91
melee master

get 3 melee kills in a row.

maybe something like it already exists, idk
I don’t think so but I’d be cool if beat downs advanced in name as you got more melee kills kinda like the multi kills
I wish I had enough imagination to think up a new medal. Just bring back my precious Killjoy and I’ll be a happy camper. 😌 I still don’t know why y’all removed it from Halo 5.
One for most kills, assists and least deaths
Chimera30 wrote:
"Always The Bridesmaid..."

Finish a match with the highest number of assists and zero kills.
Alt version: finish a match with at least 10 assists and 0 kills.
I second this very much so.
Also, as long as double kill to killionaire and killing spree to unfriggenbelievable are in there, then were all set. Maybe bring back fastball too and if you hit three fastballs in a game you get a strikeout medal (as Luke TheNotable once suggested) with an achievement to go a long with it.
Chimera30 wrote:
"Always The Bridesmaid..."

Finish a match with the highest number of assists and zero kills.
Alt version: finish a match with at least 10 assists and 0 kills.
I second this very much so.
Also, as long as double kill to killionaire and killing spree to unfriggenbelievable are in there, then were all set. Maybe bring back fastball too and if you hit three fastballs in a game you get a strikeout medal (as Luke TheNotable once suggested) with an achievement to go a long with it.
Have an achievement for dealing the most damage, but having the least amount of kills on your team. (You'd also need to win the game) If the Focus Rifle is in the game, call it "Be Annoying".
DHG Irin wrote:
Stop shooting yourself
Kill a player, pick up their gun, and kill them again once they have respawned.
Once they pick up the weapon, they must not kill anyone else but the one they got the weapon from to get the medal.
That's amazing, YES please!
Shutout - an objective based metal were you win the game by not allowing the other team to score and do it before the time runs out.
Example you cant get it if you win 2-0 in capture the flag after time runs out. Jas to be 3-0
Or you win 100-0 in Strongholds
I only got a few pages in, so may have been said.

- Be the only person to attack and destroy a vehicle larger than a ghost without using a vehicle.
Drivers Ed - Hijack someone then kill them with their vehicle.
Big bust - 2 or 3 Busteds in a row.
- kill someone in a vehicle with a ground pound.
Skyfall - Jump out of an air vehicle, and ground pound.
Let's hope we don't see ground pound in infinite though
BOOOOOO Not only do I want to ground pound, I want to ground pound on a hunter's head, then when its dazed, snap its neck or grab on its head and "use my knife".
I heavily, yet respectfully, disagree. I feel like the ground pound and the spartan charge were both things that you had to "remember" to do and it wasn't nearly as intuitive as past Halo controls. When I first started playing Halo 5 I honestly kept forgetting that ground pound existed and every time I tried to use it I would just get killed. Even on successful attempts, it didn't feel as fun as I wanted it to be. However assassinating hunters sounds SICK. Imagine you shoot it to get their armor spicks off to expose a weak point that you can then climb on them and shove a knife in their neck.
Maybe for you. When I come around a corner and there's someone, I'm pretty good at using it, and I think many others are too. I think you're way off on this comment, and there's no reason to say you can't kill with it. Its not an area attack. You can't expect to kill someone who needs more than one hit, unless you hit them.
If I see grould pound or spartan charge, they need to be stunning attacks that deal LESS melee than an actual punch, that Mario BS is the reason nobody likes it. In either attack, a bullseye would give bonus stun duration, and a crowd control damage bonus is added for every additional player in the radius. Stun duration and damage increases the closer to the center each target is. Always hit the bullseye on the back, if you can, it'll deal double damage, taking out the entire shield as opposed to only half. It'll also stun the target for twice as long. You would also be able to catch vehicles with these abilities. If a warthog is coming at you, charge and you can tear it to pieces before slamming it "a few feet". If you ground pound onto a vehicle, though, you'll destroy it immediately, stunning, but not completely killing the crew, compared to charge. Air vehicles are recommended to stay grounded if a player is attempting to tear them in half. When charge is pinning your vehicle, you could either pull a sweet bail, stunning you slightly in the process, or reverse to stun the enemy, then hit the gas and tear some -Yoink-. Now that sounds like I said you farted.
So you think a charge should deal less damage then a punch, but it should make a warthog explode? Are you trolling, or do you really believe that?
You're thinking about it wrong. If you charge at the hog, face to hood, you can destroy it. This is granted that you can pass a "skill check". Essentially, you'd catch the hog, digging your feet into the ground in doing so, and fighting the driver for control. If you fail, you'll be crushed under the vehicle and get splattered, which would happen more often than you'd think, I'm sure. If you succeed, you'd tear the vehicle to pieces. It sounds first off, stupid, but second, WAY more complicated than it would be, but if you think about it, you might see the infinite potential, these are super humans after all, you'd think they could tear a tank in half if they can lift an entire Elephant.
So now you're either trolling, or you don't understand there is a difference between the tensile strength of steel plating and relative gravity.

You're right though.. That is stupid. So a ground pound should do less than a punch, but a standing still ground pound combined with a punch should just explode every vehicle? Maybe you should just quit while you are WAYYYYY behind.
First, WTF does gravity have to do with tearing a vehicle to pieces, second, the issue is, the majority of people I've seen believe SC and SP were both way overpowered, but if we reduce their damage, they won't really follow logic. That being said, the multiplayer is a simulation, so they can essentially make Magnums fire RPG rounds and vice versa. This is why it wouldn't be too far fetched to reduce the damage of SC and SP in PVP MULTIPLAYER ONLY. The stun factor would be the substitute. Now being able to stop a vehicle dead in its tracks, that shows just how strong spartans are claimed to be, alongside pulling apart steel plating. Once again, if we can lift an Elephant, we can tear a Warthog in half. And yes, how can one go from baby kicks to desteoying vehicles with one punch? Easy. When you impact, you deal a bit of damage, then you tear the hood off a vehicle, you remove its armor plating, so you'll have a straight shot to the engine to kill it. Now not every vehicle would be vulnerable to this, there would be a select few (mostly Covenant) that can't be caught, but will still take that impact damage. I can see why this sounds awful, but I don't care. Think outside the box for once, you may like it, even if you think it's a dumb idea. Skill weapons, for example. Weapons based on having perfect timing or losing ammo, shields, or worse, your life, due to malfunctions.
"think outside the box for once"? Get a grip kid. A skill check? This is not D & D. Its not outside the box its a different game. You want to make an attack or a hit be a multi sequence move, you're not making attacks more intense, you're slowing them down. (You're also assuming that all vehicles are front engine mounted, but I don't want to get into a bunch of stupid hypotheticals with you).

I'll just end with this, since you seem to have such a hard time understanding it, I'll spell it out for you as best I can one last time:
"First, WTF does gravity have to do with tearing a vehicle to pieces" - It doesn't, but you keep trying to compare the two. You have repeated this next line:
"Once again, if we can lift an Elephant, we can tear a Warthog in half" - Lifting an elephant would depend on what an elephant weighs. Its a game that takes place in space and other planets. Gravity determines weight, and gravity is relative to its mass (planet). On Earth's moon, gravity is less than 1/5th of what it is on Earth. An elephant that weighs 3 tons (6K lbs) on Earth, would weigh less than 1K lbs on the moon. Tearing apart metal would be based on strength of the spartan, and TENSILE strength of the object, (steel), wouldn't change due to gravity. Its molecular structure wouldn't change, only its weight would.
I only got a few pages in, so may have been said.

- Be the only person to attack and destroy a vehicle larger than a ghost without using a vehicle.
Drivers Ed - Hijack someone then kill them with their vehicle.
Big bust - 2 or 3 Busteds in a row.
- kill someone in a vehicle with a ground pound.
Skyfall - Jump out of an air vehicle, and ground pound.
Let's hope we don't see ground pound in infinite though
BOOOOOO Not only do I want to ground pound, I want to ground pound on a hunter's head, then when its dazed, snap its neck or grab on its head and "use my knife".
I heavily, yet respectfully, disagree. I feel like the ground pound and the spartan charge were both things that you had to "remember" to do and it wasn't nearly as intuitive as past Halo controls. When I first started playing Halo 5 I honestly kept forgetting that ground pound existed and every time I tried to use it I would just get killed. Even on successful attempts, it didn't feel as fun as I wanted it to be. However assassinating hunters sounds SICK. Imagine you shoot it to get their armor spicks off to expose a weak point that you can then climb on them and shove a knife in their neck.
Maybe for you. When I come around a corner and there's someone, I'm pretty good at using it, and I think many others are too. I think you're way off on this comment, and there's no reason to say you can't kill with it. Its not an area attack. You can't expect to kill someone who needs more than one hit, unless you hit them.
If I see grould pound or spartan charge, they need to be stunning attacks that deal LESS melee than an actual punch, that Mario BS is the reason nobody likes it. In either attack, a bullseye would give bonus stun duration, and a crowd control damage bonus is added for every additional player in the radius. Stun duration and damage increases the closer to the center each target is. Always hit the bullseye on the back, if you can, it'll deal double damage, taking out the entire shield as opposed to only half. It'll also stun the target for twice as long. You would also be able to catch vehicles with these abilities. If a warthog is coming at you, charge and you can tear it to pieces before slamming it "a few feet". If you ground pound onto a vehicle, though, you'll destroy it immediately, stunning, but not completely killing the crew, compared to charge. Air vehicles are recommended to stay grounded if a player is attempting to tear them in half. When charge is pinning your vehicle, you could either pull a sweet bail, stunning you slightly in the process, or reverse to stun the enemy, then hit the gas and tear some -Yoink-. Now that sounds like I said you farted.
So you think a charge should deal less damage then a punch, but it should make a warthog explode? Are you trolling, or do you really believe that?
You're thinking about it wrong. If you charge at the hog, face to hood, you can destroy it. This is granted that you can pass a "skill check". Essentially, you'd catch the hog, digging your feet into the ground in doing so, and fighting the driver for control. If you fail, you'll be crushed under the vehicle and get splattered, which would happen more often than you'd think, I'm sure. If you succeed, you'd tear the vehicle to pieces. It sounds first off, stupid, but second, WAY more complicated than it would be, but if you think about it, you might see the infinite potential, these are super humans after all, you'd think they could tear a tank in half if they can lift an entire Elephant.
"think outside the box for once"? Get a grip kid. A skill check? This is not D & D. Its not outside the box its a different game. You want to make an attack or a hit be a multi sequence move, you're not making attacks more intense, you're slowing them down. (You're also assuming that all vehicles are front engine mounted, but I don't want to get into a bunch of stupid hypotheticals with you).

I'll just end with this, since you seem to have such a hard time understanding it, I'll spell it out for you as best I can one last time:
"First, WTF does gravity have to do with tearing a vehicle to pieces" - It doesn't, but you keep trying to compare the two. You have repeated this next line:
"Once again, if we can lift an Elephant, we can tear a Warthog in half" - Lifting an elephant would depend on what an elephant weighs. Its a game that takes place in space and other planets. Gravity determines weight, and gravity is relative to its mass (planet). On Earth's moon, gravity is less than 1/5th of what it is on Earth. An elephant that weighs 3 tons (6K lbs) on Earth, would weigh less than 1K lbs on the moon. Tearing apart metal would be based on strength of the spartan, and TENSILE strength of the object, (steel), wouldn't change due to gravity. Its molecular structure wouldn't change, only its weight would.
Thinking outside the box simply means think about things that may sound like a bad idea, but you still wanna try it because dumb people wanna try dumb things, ie, me and that vehicle charge, skill weapons, (although maybe it wouldn't be as mass scale as I was thinking about) but think outside the box. That's what 343 did with the SC and SP, Warzone, requisitions, two of these being poorly implemented. I'm sure you have an idea as to what might be pretty cool to see in Halo that the series has never done before. As for the engine thing, the ones with the engines not being on the front are the ones I'm talking about. The Scorpion, wraith, I never implied anything about all vehicles having engines up front, but a good bit of them do, and can be destroyed, maybe you could charge the back, tear them apart on the rear, I see it! But no, thinking outside the box is dumb. We totally need Halo to go back to simple times when you couldn't run because running is dumb, where you couldn't do these fun thruster maneuvers, when you couldn't use armor lock, or promethean vision, hell, even classic equipment like an energy drain, throw it out, because they were dumb. The multiplayer would get repetitive real quick, that's why 343 is looking outside the box, because they want to keep it from getting repetitive, they want it to be fresh, how do you do that? Think outside the box, new abilities, new weapons, vehicles, assasinations were a needed addition to Halo, even if it is just a dumb little animated middle finger to the face. I hate it, it takes too much time, but it works. As for the whole "well this is how gravity has to do with this" argument, I was using an example of their strength. It's not even completely accurate, but like I said, it's a simulation, so... Whatever. Spartans can only lift three times their own body weight, and Master Chief can punch with a force of almost 1k lbs, enough to tear a warthog's hood, piece, by piece, mainly because you're not tearing the metal, you're tearing the bolts from their sockets, because I'm sure they haven't changed how they put equipment together over the past 500+ years. Hard to not say all that's dumb, but dumb is what this industry is about: creating masterpieces out of dumb ideas. Also, it is possible when you look at the overall strength of spartans for any generation spartan to stop, and tear a full warthog to pieces, and the skill check thing is more of a "mash this button faster than that A-hole" situation, not D&D. Hate D&D. All this and I still think outside the box, why? Because at least I try to be creative, how about you, Basic Bob?
YEET

kill 2 enemies throwing a fusion coil
YEET

kill 2 enemies throwing a fusion coil
Kill an enemy by throwing a fusion coil over 50 meters.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 89
  4. 90
  5. ...
  6. 91